• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You're number 1 in my heart Tomacawk. Because you prefer PM to Melee

Tomacawk

Smash Master
melee doubles is pretty ****ing gay, most my stocks at salt fest were being combo'd by random **** until death because i play fox, or being able to control and move and dominating the match until i get randomly hit again. this is not an unusual teams occurrence for me

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Coming from a background of soccer and basketball, I like doubles cuz it makes the game feel more team oriented

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There's a difference between saying easily the best and saying no one can stand a chance against him. You admit yourself that he's obviously the favorite going in to the tourney, and if everyone feels that way I don't see any contradiction with saying he's easily the best. That doesn't mean other players aren't close to his skill level or can't have a solid chance at taking him out each time, just that he's considered the best. Nothing against your skills because you are obviously very skilled at the game and no one is saying otherwise.

As for the whole being better at Melee but not the adaptive skills, I'd say that is somewhat contradictory. Tech skill, which you have crazy amounts of, does not equal better at the game necessarily. I'd say the adaptive skills are almost more important, just take a look at silent wolf or dark's placements compared to "slower" players who constantly outplace them.

Again, nothing against your skill level because everyone knows you **** at that game. Just clarifying, I guess.

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
ayo! me, some scrubs and my buddy Bixel coming to neumont on saturday fo shiggity. brb about to **** on net's ganon. and probably beat him in marth ditto's as well.

net1234

Smash Ace
ayo! me, some scrubs and my buddy Bixel coming to neumont on saturday fo shiggity. brb about to **** on net's ganon. and probably beat him in marth ditto's as well.
MM scrub
Edit: Love how my ganon is gaining notoriety, fear the warlock punch lol

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
There's a difference between saying easily the best and saying no one can stand a chance against him. You admit yourself that he's obviously the favorite going in to the tourney, and if everyone feels that way I don't see any contradiction with saying he's easily the best. That doesn't mean other players aren't close to his skill level or can't have a solid chance at taking him out each time, just that he's considered the best. Nothing against your skills because you are obviously very skilled at the game and no one is saying otherwise.

As for the whole being better at Melee but not the adaptive skills, I'd say that is somewhat contradictory. Tech skill, which you have crazy amounts of, does not equal better at the game necessarily. I'd say the adaptive skills are almost more important, just take a look at silent wolf or dark's placements compared to "slower" players who constantly outplace them.

Again, nothing against your skill level because everyone knows you **** at that game. Just clarifying, I guess.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts without me having to type them out, Kenny always so eloquent.

Also "my secondaries beat his secondaries" is not a valid argument lol.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i wrote out a bunch of **** but got distracted and came back hours later and dont care
either way i have good answers for all of that but they're stayin' to myself at this point

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i wrote out a bunch of **** but got distracted and came back hours later and dont care
either way i have good answers for all of that but they're stayin' to myself at this point
tl;dr

yall niggs

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Oh man all this salt is flyin. neumont gonna be so ugly
Salt flinging competition at Neumont..... be there!

Ok so here's what we got planned for Neumont

Tsu most likely gonna be streaming

Maybe PM Dubs (Bracket)
PM singles (Bracket)
Melee singles (Bracket)
UnofficialOfficialScrubFest2014 (undecided)
Maybe but likely Brawl Dubs (Bracket)
Brawl One-Stock singles (pools and bracket) (This and dubs will probably happen at the same time)
A bunch of salty MMs (I'll try to hype them at the tourney) If any Brawl or PM players have any salty MMs let me know. I want the salty trash talk ones on Stream.

Didn't someone want a crew battle or something?

We might have some prizes or something via raffle in between events

Lollipops are promised to those who bring set ups again

in regards to the UnofficialOfficialScrubFest 2014:
Do you guys want a bracket or pools? If we do pools it'll be RR... if we do bracket it will be created based on Melee Singles

We also might get rid of the whole 1 hour lunch break so i'll leave everyone responsible for when they eat. The only reason why I don't want to get rid of it is because I feel it's a good way to get people to forget about competition and just hang out but at the same time if we have a lot of events like we do we're losing 1 hour.

Also... nquizitor (still don't know your username on here):
If you bring your recording setup, that would be awesome

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's @nqztv, but I like your version more.

Also, I'll have to get you back on the streaming thing. Blackmagic is a ***** apparently, Roxio decides to just be lazy, and Inogeni works... but not on the Wii and is HDMI anyway so who wants to do that. Oh, and Kworld just laughs at me.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I'm callin out on all the Brawl players... last Smash Jam there were only 3 or 4 teams in Brawl dubs and only 11 entrants in Brawl Singles. It would have been 9 if it weren't' for me and my fellow organizer who entered only to help the prizepool (which btw is what got me to pick up brawl again :) ).

You guys better be showing up this time especially since we're trying out One-Stock. There was a 3 and a half week announcement and Brawl will be starting earlier this time.

Not dead, just super busy over the last two or three weeks. :^)
Was there an invasion of double posts and you had to be the hero to stop it? :p

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Was there an invasion of double posts and you had to be the hero to stop it? :p
I think there've (Is this even a word?) been a bunch over the last few weeks but I think it would require too much effort to go back over the hundreds of posts you guys have made. =P

But I shall be around more.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
@ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy i hope you've been studying that notebook of yours... ima bring it for #UnofficialOfficialScrubfest2014 at #Neumont
Dude, I have the power of SCIENCE on my side now; you'll find things to be different from the last time we faced each other

Salt flinging competition at Neumont..... be there!

in regards to the UnofficialOfficialScrubFest 2014:
Do you guys want a bracket or pools? If we do pools it'll be RR... if we do bracket it will be created based on Melee Singles
Man the unofficial official scrubfest got waaaay more hype than I imagined. I was hoping that we could round robin but that hope is quickly fading into the distance seeing as a whole bunch of ppl seem to be vying for the position of top scrub. Like whats the largest feasible pool that could exist (@ Tsuteto Tsuteto whats ur advice on the matter)? If we get less than that do the pool; if more do a bracket.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Tsuteto does your comp have a USB 3.0 chipset that's renasas? If it's not renasas, it won't work.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
@ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy I honestly think we should only let in so many people based on the results of the melee bracket. Like.... 13th - 7th place should be in the scrub fest

Or....

We just preselect people like what you did when you first suggested it

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Maybe just open it up and ban everyone you know is good. Would probably be easier.

EDIT: or better, have PC or Tsuteto make a ban list, since they're more familiar.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Like whats the largest feasible pool that could exist (@ Tsuteto Tsuteto whats ur advice on the matter)? If we get less than that do the pool; if more do a bracket.
Six people max for a pool, could push 8. You could also do, like, 4 pools or something 2 out of 3, then top four do a round Robin 3 out of 5 or something. Various ways can be done based on entrants and time.
Tsuteto does your comp have a USB 3.0 chipset that's renasas? If it's not renasas, it won't work.
I can't recall for sure. The BMI does work, but only component, and has taken an interest to giving me a BSOD after relaunching the third, or even second time. Long story short, not worth the hassle. Looking at other options, but honestly can't figure out why the Roxio Capture Card Pro doesn't work out.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
BMI is finicky, you have to have an X58 mobo w/Renasas chipset for the USB 3.0, and then you have to have the input calibrated on your recording software to exactly the output of the machine you're recording, otherwise you get blank screen.

I'm building a pewter to use the BMI right now. Talked to Chibo a bit about it at Whobo.

Top Bottom