• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Zaku

Smash Cadet
If @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 didn't qualify for the scrub fest already, I would have said that he qualifies purely based on the fact that I got a Rollout -> Rest combo on him in PM a while ago.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
st. george tournament friday june 15th

based on the good turnout at our first smash fest at my house we're expecting even more people

once our scene gains traction down here and our prize pools get bigger will any of you fellas consider traveling to compete later this year?
I'll probly show up to this first one. What games you running?

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Ok so now that the results for Salt Fest are out, we're gonna start the debate for League positions. We'll start with Melee.

Here's how the rankings stand purely from results (I'm not including Tomacawk or Jekyll due to them leaving):

Champion- Perfect Chaos
Elite- Lada
Elite- Kenny
Leader- Death Arcana
Leader- X
Leaders 3-4 are a tie between Skull Kid, Marz, Socandrewcer, Meleeruler, and myself

I am NOT trying to force these as the positions, but I'm giving everyone something to go off of immediately. Let the debates begin.

Note also that I'm only including those who are in Utah and are active enough to hold a position. If I didn't immediately recognize a name, I didn't include it.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So in a marginally related topic, after playing so much Pokeyman over the last little while, I've come to the conclusion that Dragon type is definitely equivalent to Fox players, and that Garchomp is definitely Leffen.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
So in a marginally related topic, after playing so much Pokeyman over the last little while, I've come to the conclusion that Dragon type is definitely equivalent to Fox players, and that Garchomp is definitely Leffen.
Idk, Salamence seems more like Leffen to me.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Ok so now that the results for Salt Fest are out, we're gonna start the debate for League positions. We'll start with Melee.

Here's how the rankings stand purely from results (I'm not including Tomacawk or Jekyll due to them leaving):

Champion- Perfect Chaos
Elite- Lada
Elite- Kenny
Leader- Death Arcana
Leader- X
Leaders 3-4 are a tie between Skull Kid, Marz, Socandrewcer, Meleeruler, and myself

I am NOT trying to force these as the positions, but I'm giving everyone something to go off of immediately. Let the debates begin.

Note also that I'm only including those who are in Utah and are active enough to hold a position. If I didn't immediately recognize a name, I didn't include it.
Champion should be Yaz... and PC would be elite and tomacawk (until he leaves)... idk about kenny though.. haven't seen him play yet

X... your special rule should be Falco FSmash only... you'd never lose

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308

Champion- Perfect Chaos
Elite- Lada
Elite- Kenny
Leader- Death Arcana
Leader- X

Is this PM or Melee?...Or better, BRAWL!

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Champion should be Yaz... and PC would be elite and tomacawk (until he leaves)... idk about kenny though.. haven't seen him play yet

X... your special rule should be Falco FSmash only... you'd never lose
Sorry, but I'm not going to include Tomacawk. It would just be a big fuss for something that wouldn't last long. Kenny is solid, I saw him play Devon. Yaz is definitely going to be high up, anyone else think he should be Champion?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yaz is easily the best Melee player in Utah. Been that way ever since CiZ left years ago

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Sorry, but I'm not going to include Tomacawk. It would just be a big fuss for something that wouldn't last long. Kenny is solid, I saw him play Devon. Yaz is definitely going to be high up, anyone else think he should be Champion?
Doesn't Devon usually beat Kenny? Yaz #1

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Alright Yaz will be Champion. Any thoughts on the positions below that? And what about the tie for the last two spots?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Yaz is easily the best Melee player in Utah. Been that way ever since CiZ left years ago
this makes me mad. whatever.
i beat yaz three times conescutively until ciz came back and they practiced for a week. and he plays a character i have a bad matchup with. i destroy his secondaries no contest, whereas my secondaries do as good as my main.
you can say he's better because he is more likely to win in tournament, but to say he's "easily" the best is a disservice to me and just ********

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
http://utahsmashbrosleague.weebly.com/

This is what I've got so far towards compiling all the information in one place. Go ahead and check it out and tell me what you think of the specifics for the challenge and such. Also, I have a template in the Melee section for how we'll organize the positions.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
in fact, at a smasher's tale, the last time we played in a tourny that had **** on the line, he won 3-2 last stock. he 3-0d me freely at the kafe where i didn't really care to play much, had a **** attitude, and changed characters every game
utah bias gg

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alright triple post mars im gunna kick ur ass dog
next time yaz comes on to post i'd like to see his opinion on the skill gap between us

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
http://utahsmashbrosleague.weebly.com/

This is what I've got so far towards compiling all the information in one place. Go ahead and check it out and tell me what you think of the specifics for the challenge and such. Also, I have a template in the Melee section for how we'll organize the positions.
Looking good... I have a thing against websites like that but it's fine... I don't know if anyone here really knows ho to web dev so meh...

In regards to Tomacawk vs Yaz... just to throw in my 2 cents: I believe Yaz is the best in Utah but Tomacawk is right behind him and able to take him out. It's really close TBH.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
I'll probly show up to this first one. What games you running?
it will be Melee and 64 as the big games with PM on the side. i want to push for brawl doubles but nobody is really interested lol

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Looking good... I have a thing against websites like that but it's fine... I don't know if anyone here really knows ho to web dev so meh...

In regards to Tomacawk vs Yaz... just to throw in my 2 cents: I believe Yaz is the best in Utah but Tomacawk is right behind him and able to take him out. It's really close TBH.
I feel ya on the website part. I'm definitely not the best with that sort of thing.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
On an actual 64 or the wii. I'm hoping you say the wii cuz the 64 controlley\r is janky

Tomacawk

Smash Master
like anybody who thinks im better than yaz is just wrong, he's the clear favorite going into a tourny. but saying he's easily the best is really ********, and i am capable of beating him at any point. the skill gap is minor, in fact i think i'm clearly more skilled at melee over all, but his composure and adaptive abilities greatly outweigh mine and they put him as the favorite in any tournament set. he adapted to me and now the burden is on me to do something about it. until then he will be the winner.

choose words carefully when egos are on the line mah ******

edit- also i like how im the only person who really cared about this conversation ROFL everybody else has more important **** going on

Last edited:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
i want to push for brawl doubles but nobody is really interested lol
Man **** people, run brawl dubz anyway. Not enough entries? $1 tourney. I can try to bring my teammate. If people see how hype brawl dubz is, despite the fact it's brawl, maybe they'll be more keen. And the only way to do that is to have a sick dubz tourney.

@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox I volunteer to be the gym leader that has level 6 bug poggeymanz because I'm so ****ing good at Melee.

Anybody wanna smash right now? Ebo hit me up and now I'm kinda feelin it

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
^ This post.

I've been trying to push for tourneys to just run Melee singles and Brawl doubles, with no Melee doubles or Brawl singles. 1 stock is not the way to make sure Brawl survives. Utilizing the niche it has is.

Frankly, Melee doubles is the single most boring event in Smash. Just let it go for something like Brawl, where the engine is slow enough to ease spectator's viewing. It also has a lot more niche characters like Ness or Game and Watch that raise up a few tiers in Doubles.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Man **** people, run brawl dubz anyway. Not enough entries? $1 tourney. I can try to bring my teammate. If people see how hype brawl dubz is, despite the fact it's brawl, maybe they'll be more keen. And the only way to do that is to have a sick dubz tourney.

@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox I volunteer to be the gym leader that has level 6 bug poggeymanz because I'm so ****ing good at Melee.

Anybody wanna smash right now? Ebo hit me up and now I'm kinda feelin it
I can play till 7 cuz I'm too scared to stay out late
^ This post.

I've been trying to push for tourneys to just run Melee singles and Brawl doubles, with no Melee doubles or Brawl singles. 1 stock is not the way to make sure Brawl survives. Utilizing the niche it has is.

Frankly, Melee doubles is the single most boring event in Smash. Just let it go for something like Brawl, where the engine is slow enough to ease spectator's viewing. It also has a lot more niche characters like Ness or Game and Watch that raise up a few tiers in Doubles.
You obviously haven't watched smash flash

Anyways, How about a fest friday night?

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
like anybody who thinks im better than yaz is just wrong, he's the clear favorite going into a tourny. but saying he's easily the best is really ********, and i am capable of beating him at any point. the skill gap is minor, in fact i think i'm clearly more skilled at melee over all, but his composure and adaptive abilities greatly outweigh mine and they put him as the favorite in any tournament set. he adapted to me and now the burden is on me to do something about it. until then he will be the winner.

choose words carefully when egos are on the line mah *****s

edit- also i like how im the only person who really cared about this conversation ROFL everybody else has more important **** going on
You're number 1 in my heart Tomacawk. Because you play spaceis and falcon. <3 (no homo)

Last edited:
Top Bottom