• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I don't mind the whole 4-man free all mess since that's what we mostly play at Neumont (it's the best way to include everyone), but what annoys me are the items, especially the smash ball and dragoon. Dragoon is meh because it doesn't even show up half the time and smash balls are annoying as hell BUT they are setting the drop rate to low so it'll probably not drop in some matches. Still, in tournaments, items suck.

I See

Smash Apprentice
It will be easy, I can just scrooge with mk and perfect dimensional cape the whole battle so its k.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
http://www.utah3ds.com/2013/08/super-smash-bros-tournament-on-saturday.html

I'm glad that they're running a Smash tournament at all, man. It's super cool that people of any background can appreciate it and play it in a lot of ways.

One thing from the rules that amuses me:

• Stalling cannot be banned, as it is unenforceable (see Sirlin's Playing to Win).
  • Glitches which are exploited so as to keep the game from resolving (e.g. Meta Knight's "Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch") is banned from competitive play. Any player abusing such mechanics are subject to penalization by the TO/Referee.
We won't ban stalling as we feel we can't, but we'll ban any stall tactics that we see. The irony.

That said though, again I appreciate their efforts to run a middle-of-the-road Brawl tourney and, if I rise above my laziness, might attend myself.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Wow..... that stage list:
Eldin's bridge (meh, easily abused but I still love it)
Brinstar
Mario Kart
Skyworld (FUUUUU!!!!)
Temple (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
need I say more?

I might as well just go diddy on the walk off stages and camp on the sides so when people come at me I grab em and back throw them for an instakill.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol well I'm going and I'm going to show them why we have certain rules in place. This ruleset is fine if you have a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing but if me, Sam. Devon, Josh, etc. go this is going to be fray.

Probably going to make a bunch of people really mad though. Little kids crying and ****.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm talking with them right now, trying to even the rules out on such things. You may have seen some updates already, actually (like the wording I mentioned earlier of "all players must agree on characters").

Also, since I'm already asked essentially by them, but who all would be able to provide set-ups?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I might go, depends on if my work schedules allows me to or not.

Also, GUYS, BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOR AT MY TOURNAMENT ON THE 5th, THERE WILL BE A CAMERA CREW DOING A DOCUMENTARY ON GAMING SO DONT ACT LIKE SCRUBS.

Also, I'll be making the post on the tournament Saturday, I PROMISE.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
But, Z'z, acting like scrubs is all that we do!

EDIT: So, Utah3DS going to review some things on the rules. Keep posted for updates, of course.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
In regards to the tournament on Saturday, I have a t.v. and a gamecube. If we need them I can bring them. If we need the gamecube for melee I can bring that too but I don't have a copy of melee on me right now. I own one but it's in Cali. Anyway, if we need it, it would be great if someone can get an extra copy of melee.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If you could bring the TV and GC at the least, that'd be great, since I don't have anything confirmed. I can try to snag my brother's copy of melee, then we'd have at least one set-up :p

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Biggest of shoutouts to my only homies in this **** scene
Happy Birthday
Maz & Tane

same age who would of knew

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
LOL @ "games of skill (e.g. Rock-Paper-Scissors)" Since when is RPS a "game of skill"... XD
The only skill that I can think of is the ability to predict what they're going to come out with next using. Say we're playing a best of 3. Rock is the most common first pick so if he's smart he won't pick rock cause then i can pick paper and win, so he picks scissors because I'll pick paper so really I will play rock. But if he's even smarter I'll pick scissors because he'll counter that with paper. But if he's not smart just go paper because he'll most likely pick rock in the hopes that I pick scissors. Or he is smart and he realizes that I'm thinking of him countering my rock with paper so I counter with scissors and in turn he counters with rock.

Meh.... it goes in circles!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh wait I just realized that tournament is THIS Saturday, dont we have Kafeneios this weekend? If not (for some odd reason) I'll go, but otherwise that takes priority imo.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If I can hitch a ride with somebody tomorrow, I'll start it at noon. If not, then I can start it later, and probably do Project: M first. If you guys start it, that's cool too, I don't really care.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I can give anyone a ride from Provo tomorrow if someone needs it. I plan on leaving around 11:15. Just text me pretty sure I've posted my number here before. Also, if I can get my recording laptop up and running I can bring a recording setup for the tournaments.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
No I will not. Damn Devons been the biggest douchbag lately and its pissing me off. When I say ****, i'm just joking, but he really means it. And yes I am mad bro!
Well this kind of personal stuff should stay off the boards. Just saying. Also don't let things get to you.

I See

Smash Apprentice
Lolol umad?

And no you're not my homie Samson
And yes I'm a very bad person
You should run away from me
I know you are. Theres a difference between trolling and, seriously trying to mess with someone. And i'm just disappointed with you man. You cross the line way too much. Man I will always still see you as my homie, even if you don't see me as one. cause everyone in the smash scene, we need to be amigos. I Iike this scene so much, even more than the yugioh scene. Sorry Rocky I won't post anything else non related to smash sorry!!

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Lol well I'm going and I'm going to show them why we have certain rules in place. This ruleset is fine if you have a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing but if me, Sam. Devon, Josh, etc. go this is going to be fray.

Probably going to make a bunch of people really mad though. Little kids crying and ****.
Lawl I'm going for the same reason. We should get Devon and Sam to go to (dem ICz gon have nubs bawling rofl).

I know you are. Theres a difference between trolling and, seriously trying to mess with someone. And i'm just disappointed with you man. You cross the line way too much. Man I will always still see you as my homie, even if you don't see me as one. cause everyone in the smash scene, we need to be amigos. I Iike this scene so much, even more than the yugioh scene. Sorry Rocky I won't post anything else non related to smash sorry!!
I feel you Sam. You should hit me up and we'll talk about this because I feel similarly. Just know you're my homeboy even though you're black. Lolz.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Oh so sick. I mean, didn't you just SEE those intense matches? Man, if you didn't come, you really missed out.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Sorry I that I didn't show up. My weekend was swamped with school work. School's really been bringing me down and it's getting to the point where I'm struggling to pass classes so Smash Bros needs to be put to the side. Still practicing during breaks with friends but that's pretty much all I can do.

Top Bottom