• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Happy birthday Devon, I wuv you man.

This FFA tourny has one of the stupidest rulesets I've ever seen, ZZ plz explain the rules to me

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The only rule is that there are no rules.

Honestly, I dont think I even want to go anymore, they are forcing anyone in the finals to go to Comic Con to play the finals there, the ruleset is ****ing ridiculously awful (No FD, FFA, awful item selection, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY PLAN FOR POSITION TIES IN FFA BEST OF 3s, etc), and the people running it are pretty much braindead. Unless we all vow to troll the ever loving **** out of every scrub there, I dont think its worth it imo. Plus Id have to get off work about an hour early in order to even make it in time, and that might not even be an option.

Just please, someone infinite everyone with the fan by just mashing A, please.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The only rule is that there are no rules.

Honestly, I dont think I even want to go anymore, they are forcing anyone in the finals to go to Comic Con to play the finals there, the ruleset is ****ing ridiculously awful (No FD, FFA, awful item selection, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY PLAN FOR POSITION TIES IN FFA BEST OF 3s, etc), and the people running it are pretty much braindead. Unless we all vow to troll the ever loving **** out of every scrub there, I dont think its worth it imo. Plus Id have to get off work about an hour early in order to even make it in time, and that might not even be an option.

Just please, someone infinite everyone with the fan by just mashing A, please.
ZZSHY PLZ

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Happy late birthday devon. I woulda known earlier if you added me already ffs.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, in regards to the Utah 3DS Tournament, if you're not planning on going, you might want to think again:

Prizes: http://www.utah3ds.com/2013/08/prizes-announced-for-super-smash-bros.html
Ruleset (some minor changes made, mainly about stage list and the removal of Smashballs): http://www.utah3ds.com/p/super-smash-bros-tournament-info.html

For having a shot at the top two prizes for just $7 (or $5 if you're already going to SLCCon), not bad really. I'll officially be going to this now.

Yes, not all of us agree to what the rules are, but you know what, tough. It's their tournament, they can really do whatever they want. They're trying something new, simple as that.

Oh, and in regards to a tie in the middle for FFA, it'll most likely just be a 1v1 match between the two people.

im a substitute teacher now guys lol
also im not moving1!!!!11one (yet?)
And here I was trying to do Melee for you since you were going away. No more Melee tourneys for you.

I See

Smash Apprentice
So, in regards to the Utah 3DS Tournament, if you're not planning on going, you might want to think again:

Prizes: http://www.utah3ds.com/2013/08/prizes-announced-for-super-smash-bros.html
Ruleset (some minor changes made, mainly about stage list and the removal of Smashballs): http://www.utah3ds.com/p/super-smash-bros-tournament-info.html

For having a shot at the top two prizes for just $7 (or $5 if you're already going to SLCCon), not bad really. I'll officially be going to this now.

Yes, not all of us agree to what the rules are, but you know what, tough. It's their tournament, they can really do whatever they want. They're trying something new, simple as that.

Oh, and in regards to a tie in the middle for FFA, it'll most likely just be a 1v1 match between the two people.

And here I was trying to do Melee for you since you were going away. No more Melee tourneys for you.
It doesn't matter how good you are though, if you get hit with a bomb, your going to die!! Its going to be completely about luck.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
And stays with nothing.
Shots fired!

It doesn't matter how good you are though, if you get hit with a bomb, your going to die!! Its going to be completely about luck.
Bro, it's brawl........

I play a lot of brawl FFAs with friends at least 3 days a week. We almost always have items off but when we have them on it's not this bad and bombs don't spawn often. Peach pulls them out of her vagina more often then it spawns.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Shots fired!

Bro, it's brawl........

I play a lot of brawl FFAs with friends at least 3 days a week. We almost always have items off but when we have them on it's not this bad and bombs don't spawn often. Peach pulls them out of her vagina more often then it spawns.
Definitely not true. It's like 1:600 ratio to get a bomb with peach.

Regardless, items are wack. But rules are rules, and I support them hosting a Brawl tourney in the first place. I'm going to go for the reason that Marz stated: to show them why we have those rules in place by being insanely gay and exploiting their rule set.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'm going to go for the reason that Marz stated: to show them why we have those rules in place by being insanely gay and exploiting their rule set.
See, Im fine with going so long as we do this lol. I just dont know if I'll be able to make it because Id need to get off work early.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Definitely not true. It's like 1:600 ratio to get a bomb with peach.

Regardless, items are wack. But rules are rules, and I support them hosting a Brawl tourney in the first place. I'm going to go for the reason that Marz stated: to show them why we have those rules in place by being insanely gay and exploiting their rule set.
Ur still going to lose to
Xxmarth4lyfexX

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This weekend? No. We're lame and boring. Next weekend? The tourney we're talking about.

And by the way, really the only problematic item I've found is the Dragoon, and even then that's still 50/50, since collecting the pieces are quite the pain in FFA (especially when the game decides to make you lose your piece as soon as you get it by a small jab, five times in a row). The items are all pretty fair, and don't really break things, except spamming fan, which of course will only work when you're down to one person.

Stop complaining about every damn thing and come and have fun. Yeesh.

Oh, and I play Zelda because she's sexy.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
hmm i wonder if i actually took some time to play link
i could easily be the best one here

ask tane

maz's link is better also

Top Bottom