• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, next Kafeneio's, I'll run a melee division tournament, singles and doubles. If enough interest, possibly P:M singles. All for Meat, because he's just awesome like that, and stuff.

I See

Smash Apprentice
I would never go bowser against an ice climbers, I just think its funny he loses to random chars that he should never lose to cause he drops the grab every time cause he isn't used to their chain grab
When have I lost to a random character like that? I still have to work on some of my icee smarts. But my "GRAB GAME" is high or top level. Lol even the arizona people said so.

And that day we smashed I was dropping grabs against ramdom chars cause I hadn't practiced them in a long time cause I didn't have a controller for a few months lol.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Sadly I won't make it because of my little sister's birthday on Sunday someone should do something today/tomorrow. If not it's cool

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'll probably still be sleeping by the time anything is arranged but if someone wants to text me if melee happens today I'd be much obliged. 512-968-0621

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Yooooooo :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
Noon til dawn at the gk mansion
2522 horse shoe circle south Jordan :yeahboi:
call this to get in 8018150145
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I won the best 2 of 3 so its kool. And ggs to him. Yes I will do my best to make it Kenny.
Narrowly winning, by the way, against my "go super aggro" strategy when I SD'ed with 30-ish% both matches I lost. ;)

I won't be able to make it to either of the events this weekend, but I definitely want to see your new and improved ICs, Samson. We should do an MM :bee:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
And I forgot that Sunday is the Breaking Bad season opener and I'm having people over for it so I can't fest that day. :( plus the frontrunner doesn't run on Sundays. So dumb.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So who would all come on Sunday? Tane was the one that wanted us to host and he's out. So unless there's still interest, it might not happen.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So, next Kafeneio's, I'll run a melee division tournament, singles and doubles. If enough interest, possibly P:M singles. All for Meat, because he's just awesome like that, and stuff.
Dat 3 person melee bracket?

So who would all come on Sunday? Tane was the one that wanted us to host and he's out. So unless there's still interest, it might not happen.
I can't go

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Welcome back! As a reminder, tournament this Saturday, which will include Melee and possibly Project: M (brought by other people, since I do not have)

Rynoceros

Smash Rookie
I've learned that I'm actually pretty good with Marth. I'm excited to keep getting better with him.

P.S. Dat tipper....

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Btw, guys, that tournament I said I was going to get is now confirmed for October 5th, SO MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS GUYS.

Im super lazy and shouldve made a thread/post about it by now with all the info, but I havent. I kinda want to get pics first but havent been able to yet so Ive been procrastinating. But Ill get to it eventually, hopefully sometime this week lol.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Sakurai needs to release a playable demo for smash 4 already. Or at least release more gameplay footage. I want to see how WFT plays because I think she's gonna be my main. Either way, I'm pretty sure Sakurai is trolling all of us. >_>

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So there's a tourny Saturday? Kenny and Provo peeos coming at all?

Somebody should let the facebook groups know

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I might come, but I have to figure out what my plans are on Saturday. I might just come hang out either way and dip early if I have to. Unless, you know, we actually started on time for once

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey, I start on time, or at least I don't wait two hours.

Since Brawl normally starts at 1, shall I start Melee at 2? That's what I've been thinking, at the least. And who all would bring a set-up?

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I'll probably be there by 12-:12:30 and I can help set up
melee players show me your moves, no homo

also papadosio released a rootwire teaser to hype their upcoming music festival (RootWire), if you guys are into jamtronica (rock bands with dj/synths/etc) and ...i guess futuristic / cosmic jams
then check it out!
http://rootwirefestival.bandcamp.com/album/road-to-rootwire-2k13-sampler
I'm fieinding "Every Beat is Borrowed Time"

double edit, also also does anybody watch dexter or breaking bad? I'm for the first time ever up to date on big tv shows within our culture and i'm hyped as **** for both of them to wrap up the series, it's been so good thus far

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Breaking Bad was cool until Walt started to think he was Al Pacino. I liked him when he was innocent school teacher.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I like the point of view you gain as a viewer into his transformation and development as a character, and how certain events and desensitize you
although I dislike the predictability of that story as it's one that has been told in many ways before

more interesting I think is how his wife deals [fails to deal] with the stress coming into her life, and how a lot of it she does to herself by creating false dichotomies and other drastic this-or-that scenarios
also i think walt jr. is incredibly under-developed as a character, and probably aunt marie as well

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea its one of the most predictable series I've ever seen. Already know the last episode is going to have everyone going down and the last scene will have Walt sitting alone by himself with the police surrounding him and hell either commit suicide or go down in a shootout.

Its really well implemented don't get me wrong and the acting is stellar for the most part but I can't help but think everybody thinking its the GOAT haven't really watched enough stuff over the last 30 years that does this same rise to power story but with more realistic settings.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
as a writer though you gotta walk the line between mass appeal and niche, making sure that you have enough complexity to be creative and appeal to nerdlords whilst simultaneously being simple enough to capture the plebeians
at least if you wanna have the mainstream success like this. some artists specifically keep it niche and would consider anything else selling out but that's another matter entirely. just for the scope of what they're doing they hit a dope ass balance

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I can try to be there at noon. I have to check my wife's schedule first, since I know she has an appointment in the morning, I just can't remember if it's at 10 or 11. I might be able to work out something regardless.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I don't mind running the tourny myself if you can't or are inconvenienced by coming early, so long as everybody else is cool with it being early for gamer standards

i know ill meet some awesome new people at this conference so I don't wanna miss it, but at the same time how can I not go to this kafeieienano tourny

OR i could just leave at 230 and come back at 4-5 or whenever that **** would be over

just need to know how that works for others or if it doesn't
brainstorming ya dig

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
That tourney is going to be a gore fest. There will be a lot of arguing among the people, a lot of people will play most likely Sonic or someone from the Star Fox series for their final smashes, IF can be gotten be because of the rule "all characters must be agreed to" ruling. They have too much of the rules for debating among the players, and if unresolved, to be solved by the rulings of staff, which can result in backlash.

While nice to "break the norm," it still needs to be balanced in a way. I would go to probably just troll around in the tournament. Aside from the Smash Ball, the items are pretty good IMO.

Top Bottom