• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Just so everything is in one place;
Lengeta, what time are we heading down to St. George tomorrow..?
Yes, Lengeta-- we needs knowing of this very much.

And I'm not sure if I missed this or not, but you guys are staying the night, right? No reason to get off work early, correct?

lengeta

Smash Ace
YES, we are staying the night in St. George, at Hott's place I believe.

I still don't know when we're leaving though... Gojira, you can get to FtS's place right? Can you guys get all the way down here to Orem, or do I need to come get you in Sandy? Bobo's right here, so I don't need to worry about him, but how am I meeting up with you guys?

Xsyven, I have both your # and Hott's #, so I'll call as soon as we're heading out (so, like 5ish hours notice) and when we're getting really close.

And remember caravanies, we're leaving WAY too early Saturday morning... it will suck, but it will be worth it!!!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This is funny to me (and I'm not being bitter, I promise). I finally host an Idaho tournament, but no one can come from NorTah because of unknownforce's presence. So, I have a trip down to Utah this weekend, and all the smashers leave the state. Man, you guys must really hate me. :laugh:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Anyone have the lowdown on Anime Banzai? If it's the same one I'm thinking I read about it last year and the Smash Bros. rules they were planning on using sucked balls so I didn't go. That and the prospect of meeting people more anime freaky than I am scared me to death.
The only thing bad for the rules last year was the 3-way/4-way battles. Everything else was good. It was much better than how it was two years ago. The finals (between laozy and I) last year is pretty much the closest thing that came to our tournament rules: 1 on 1; 5-stocks; Final Destination; but only a single match, though. But it was very intense; everyone watching got to know how tournament matches should go. If you want the lowdown, then check post #1603 in this thread.
And don't be afraid of the anime cosplayers/fanatics. They're just like us, except they have an intense passion for anime, instead of Smash.

And Buzz, Rafa and I are not going, so if you feel like smashing this weekend (probably Friday or Sunday will work out better for me), we can. I'll PM you my numbers, and you can call me when you have the time. What area/city in Utah will you be located this weekend, anyway?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If Colorado people actually make it to the next tournament and I happen to go, I'll buy you all Hot n' Spicies as incentive to come. :chuckle:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Why don't you see if you can join the Orem caravan? It consists of Layne and anyone else from around that area that wants to go.
Probably should be able to. I might be able to pull another smasher, I'm not sure, but I'm not sure if my gf would like to come as well. All depends, but y'all are planning on another thing right now, so I'll let that go, while I plan things for... well, life XD

And I hope you can make it Tsuteto; btw, what happened to your car...?
Car accident... delivering pizza....

laozy

Smash Journeyman
o yea, that tournament was really fun. i pulled off some crazy tricks like swd and bombjump recover and some kid called it cheating. but anyways its was one of the best experiences ever. if people is cheering on your name, it makes you play a whole lot better. sadly, i wont be there to steal pc's title.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
It depends on when Layne wants to leave.

Layne, I'll check with my parents to see if it's ok to leave the car down there for the weekend (bringing Zack with me, probably).

I think Buzz is visiting somewhere near Provo/Orem, anyway, so that seems like it could work out well.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, everyone's online. All of these golden smash icons.... Hi guys ;).
/me = incredibly excited for tomorrow. *tweak* whoo!! Xsyven, just so you know, I'm getting a signature [for me] especially for you....

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sorry Tsuteto, totally forgot to reply to you. But I can totally give you a ride to the Sept 15th tourny.

I'll try to keep checking the boards to find out what you guys (FtS/Gojira) got going for Friday so's I know what tah do. Got all the T-shirts out of my van, so I'm all set to go (still need to check oil and fill 'er up).

Buzz, when/where are you going to be around on Friday? I'd like to get down south quickly to play with them, but we're not in a horrible hurry or anything, we might even end up pulling an all-nighter or something since we have to wake up ungodly early.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Friday afternoon, I'll be driving down and stopping in Draper, Utah to stay with my brother. Saturday afternoon, I'll be driving souther to St. George. I'll be there until Wednesday afternoon. I will return to either Draper or Provo.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sounds like you'll probably be right behind us, arriving in Orem just as we leave, then arriving in St. George after we leave. Sad. :(

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
o yea, that tournament was really fun. i pulled off some crazy tricks like swd and bombjump recover and some kid called it cheating. but anyways its was one of the best experiences ever. if people is cheering on your name, it makes you play a whole lot better. sadly, i wont be there to steal pc's title.
Its sad to say, but that match was what brought me to the smash scene. I saw that match last year and was completely amazed by the skill level difference. That super washdash (Bomb hop then do the special washdash thing) with samus along with the bomb hop recovery made me do some research and then I found smash boards. I'm going to the anime con for smash and other things.

Sorry about not making it to the last tournament. There was like a million and one things to do that day and the tournament got in the way of all of them. Dont worry I'll be back at the next tourney on the 15th to donate my money to pc.

RA, I'm availible to smash today, but only from 2-4:30pm.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Really, so our presence made a difference for one Smasher last year; that alone, makes it worth it. This just proves that my "recruit hidden talent at Anime Banzai" idea actually works! :laugh: BTW, are you talking about the Final match up between Phil and I, or a match where Phil did the Super Wavedash?

Also, I IMed RagingAsian, saying I CAN PLAY ALL DAY, TODAY. He said he'll get off school at 4:00, so he'll come at 4:30ish. Tough break if you wanted to play him. On the other hand, if you want to Smash it with me, then tell me.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Its sad to say, but that match was what brought me to the smash scene. I saw that match last year and was completely amazed by the skill level difference. That super washdash (Bomb hop then do the special washdash thing) with samus along with the bomb hop recovery made me do some research and then I found smash boards. I'm going to the anime con for smash and other things.

Sorry about not making it to the last tournament. There was like a million and one things to do that day and the tournament got in the way of all of them. Dont worry I'll be back at the next tourney on the 15th to donate my money to pc.

RA, I'm availible to smash today, but only from 2-4:30pm.
i love you. you just made my day :)

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
Really, so our presence made a difference for one Smasher last year; that alone, makes it worth it. This just proves that my "recruit hidden talent at Anime Banzai" idea actually works! :laugh: BTW, are you talking about the Final match up between Phil and I, or a match where Phil did the Super Wavedash?

Also, I IMed RagingAsian, saying I CAN PLAY ALL DAY, TODAY. He said he'll get off school at 4:00, so he'll come at 4:30ish. Tough break if you wanted to play him. On the other hand, if you want to Smash it with me, then tell me.
i love you. you just made my day :)
I saw the super wave dash and that caught my attention because I never seen anything like it. Then i saw the final match and then was hooked.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i just got done playing at mgc and guess what.....i recruited tons more people and they all seem really interested.

well... next time i get a day off well be in November. but im down to smash tues and wed any time.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I just found this site a few weeks ago and it looks awesome. Me and my friends live in Orem and we're pretty good, at least for not having anyone good to play. Is there anyone that lives near orem that would want to play sometime?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wow, there's been a lot of new Smashers from Prove, recently. Cdbobo and lengeta are veteran Utah Smashers in your area. Tsuteto and tjrook are from Orem, too, I think. bluepeach, another new smasher (pretty much as new as you are), is from there, too.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ok, sweet. Yeah, we've been playing for awhile but we didn't know of any other people that played smash around here. I'm glad i found this site.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I am actually from Spanish Fork, but that is definitely close enough to smash you! (hehe, jk). I dont think I am really that good, but I would absolutely love to play against you sometime soon (you must realize however that it is almost impossible for me to find a time to play, due to work and school :( but I will try my best!)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think lentega, Cdbobo, Gojira, and FTS have come back already, as I've seen FTS log off and then on again on MSN. C!Z stayed to gamble, and is coming back tonight. C!Z didn't enter the EVO World tourny, and only played friendlies.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
We got back at around 7am today. I have been signed on MSN the entire time, then probably lost internet connection for a bit.

Provo/Orem area is actually catching up to SLC now :p Maybe we can do a SLC County vs Utah County crew battle eventually? It would be great for catching up.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
We should totally have a North Northern Utah vs South Northern Utah crew battle!!!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
we should toatally have your face!

Yeah I agree but.....where are we or who are going to get thats skilled other then me, FTS, PC, Rafa, and Laozy?
I'm not entirely sure but I think loosely translated into English he's trying to ask who else would be part of the North team other than him, FTS, PC, Rafa, and Laozy. I say we just go with the power rankings and do our top 5 vs their top 5 so it would look something like

PC, FTS, Rafa, Laozy, and that one Asian guy vs whoever the Southern people get.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Well, just so everybody knows, I AM planning on going to the tourney on September the 15th! I will need a ride up there, however, and it would be greatly appreciated if somebody further up north would supply a ride for me and my friend :)

If there is anything that comes between me and this tourney, I will definitely let you guys know (I will first have to shoot the person responsible, of course...).

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Btw, I know some of you are silently wondering how In N' Out was and if we even managed to eat there, so...

In N' Out was awesome. Ordering was extremely easy. The burgers tasted really good (better than basically all other fast food), and they were at the price range of around McDonalds - Wendys. Fries were about average. It took us an hour to find another one after missing one we saw off the freeway, so we got there about 10-11pm on Sunday (and I haven't eaten anything until a couple of hours ago today = filling, too).

Last day of EVO was a lot of fun.

PEPA!

Smash Cadet
how was evo? who won the smash tourney? what about the capcom vs snk 2 tourney? i gotta know, i've been following evo and buying the dvd's for a few years now but it always takes forever for the dvd to come out. let me know.
-Peter Parker out :)

PEPA!

Smash Cadet
oh yeah ima be at the sept 15 tourney too....maybe i'll win this time (seems i'm always takin last place, but whatever its fun as hell) i'll bring my bros too cesar (I.o.s) and pancho (stranga)
-Peter Parker out :)

Top Bottom