• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude! That means I am like Coloradoish! That is what I get!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What the hell? Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho... go back to your states!

(Except for Idaho, because we're the closest thing they have.)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
RagingAsian said:
When did hot pockets become the official smash food of Utah/Idaho?
The hot pocket is the trademark of friendship from Sexy Southern Utah. When people visit us, they get a hot pocket. The problem with last time was that there were like, thirty of you.

Sexy Southern Utah is the origin of Utah hot pockets!

Edit: Crap, I totally meant to edit the post above, instead of double posting. Oops.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm goin to Evo HOTjigwhatchamacallit... Anyways what time is the St. George tourney gonna be at? Oh and I'm down for Orem smash fests so set em up and I'll be there

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
We're starting it when the Layne's car get here. Are you coming down with Layne, or are you completely seperate?

Whatever the case is, ask Layne when he expects to get here. Then that's what time you need to be here. PM Hott for directions.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
laozy said:
o snap, we have a girl smasher...she's all mine
Geez, I hope you didn't chase her away with your...lust? And you shouldn't talk about someone like they're an object, you know.

Sinz said:
Dude! That means I am like Coloradoish! That is what I get!
Woah...I get 2 Hot 'n' Spicies, too. I don't get the drink, though; I like the challenge of eating them without any liquids.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We're going to need to change the title of this thread pretty soon...
Man, this thread is getting posts faster than I can respond to them. Anyway, this thread's description does state that, "This is a good place for OOS smashers to talk to the UT smashers about stuff like upcoming oos tournaments or if you'll be visiting Utah and want to smash for a while." They are just abusing that statement (especially the underlined part) and has turned this thread into a lively chatroom (which isn't a bad thing at all; better the excitement be here than elsewhere).

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I stay in this thread because I am from Southern Utah, you all know Buzz, and seeing as how we visit Utah and go to tourney's all the time there, we might as well fit right in. XD

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I think every state needs to declare an official smash food in their power rankings thread.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It SHOULD be 2 Hot 'n Spicys for everyone. Seriously. Normally with a drink, and, if you're really cool, you'll get buffalo sauce and put that on the hot 'n spicy (seriously, why do you think CO is so good?). That's the best food for any growing smasher.

Seems UT's thread has been hijacked. XD

Also, Ferdi suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Oo, I finally get to face the mighty C!z in battle! Its like Christmas in July here in southern utah! But yes! We need Layne to post when he expects to get here and when he'll probably leave, then I'll be able to set a time for this tournament for you. I went ahead and pm'd you my addy. You can check the smash compendium for a better idea of where I live here.

And Phil, Heath and I'll drop ya a line next time we spontaneously fly up north. *Cheers*

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'm not really sure when we'll get to St. George yet. I don't have anything going on that day, and I don't think anyone else does either (that they're not planning on skipping), so I guess it depends when I decide to wake up, and if I have to drive up to Sandy to get FtS and Gojira.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I would Youtube it, but I can't here at work. I have no idea what you're talking about though slave1, as I don't have cable/tv.
Do you think you could clear up just who you are though? Are you the IC's that came to the 18th's tourney, who I recall was playing with that Samus? I never played you[if you are indeed the IC's], but Phil (Laozy) did for a while...

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Cant--- Edit... *eyelid tweak*
FtS, assuming my googled 2007 calendar is correct, I think we should have the September tourney on the 8th, which would be a Saturday. That way I can go to a Timeshare place with the rest of my family the previous weekend and then smash the following weekend... So it'll look like this:
1. August 24th-26th EVO Vegas! (27th I'm scheduled off work too :D)
2. September 3rd-5th Time shares, whoo
3. September 8th: smash with IoZ (!!)
4. ???
5. Profit.

Since the 8th may be too short notice (not that bad, but less than a month) we could go with the 15th too...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Do you think you could clear up just who you are though? Are you the IC's that came to the 18th's tourney, who I recall was playing with that Samus? I never played you[if you are indeed the IC's], but Phil (Laozy) did for a while...
I asked him in and earlier post already. slave1 is a friend of FallenProphet. slave1 didn't go to the tournament on the 18th; the ICs there was FallenProphet.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
hay everyone. Names nathan, friends with bruce. the new IC's kid. I'm hoping to make it out to the next tournament. just wonderin when it is going to be.
Ah, you meant that "Bruce" is the new ICs kid. It kind of sounded like you meant you're the new ICs kid (hence why I thought you're the third ICs player, before), the way you punctuated it. My mistake.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I knew I was confused for a reason :). I claim same problem as PC!
I played a pretty good mewtwo (from southern Utah if I remember correctly) who is Bluetwo or Bleu2 or something on the forums here. He did this crazy wavedashing thing; do you know what I'm talking about?

Edit works?? psh... sure is tempermental..
Anyone know who peterparker is? he's a doc main and he was pretty good... I'd like to take him on as my protege, because, after all, Doc does Rock...

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The Utah smash scene is growing again (thanks to me :p) ^_^

Everyone should check out the first post of this thread for info (fresh update, yay), especially the new people reading this. Get on the global smasher compendium if you haven't already.

Also, good grammar FTW.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm sure he knows what wavedashing in general is, since his friend is a good ICs player. I think what Cdbobo is refering to is combining dashing danching and wavedashing in a rapid and almost random manner, making it look like Mewtwo's going all "crazy" (since Mewtwo's animation looks even stranger than most when doing this), for mindgame purposes.

BTW, why doesn't FallenProphet get on this forum and post himself?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
No problem sugarpoulty, it's always nice to see you post regardless ;).

PC answered the question for me, but I would like to add that bluetwo used it mainly in conjuction with his up b apparently to disappear and mindgame even further. Also, he is really good at forward wd-ing (so much harder than reverse wding imo, even though the buttons are exactly the same... it's all in my head ... :crazy: ) to a grab--combo--up throw to death etc. Mewtwo, throwing me with his mind... psh.

There are quite a few smashers up in the sandy area, so even if someone isn't all that close to alta they could probably help you out :).

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Does anyone in Utah play Mario Strikers Charged? If so, send me your friend code! Mine is in my sig. :)

Top Bottom