• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've learned a lot about Link and YLink from my husband. He told me I know more than he did when he went to his first tournament. My first tourney was yesterdays, and I've only been playing for 6 months. I took 2nd to last place, so I'm feeling pretty good. :D

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, actually Josh did. You took 7th, so right above me. I'm very proud of myself. Anyways, I might as well list the whole thing here.

Singles
1st - AHottGreasedUP Jiggly-Puff 4 Lovin'
2nd - Qraq
3rd - BattleChrist
4th - Knuttz
5th - The Buzz Saw
6th - Xsyven
7th - Casture
8th - Sugar Poultry -- YAY I WASN'T LAST! :D
9th - Josh

Doubles
1st - Xsyven & AHottGreasedUP Giggly-Puff 4 Lovin'
2nd - Qraq & Knuttz
3rd - BattleChrist & Casture
4th - The Buzz Saw & Sugar Poultry

Gojira

Smash Lord
No, actually Josh did. You took 7th, so right above me. I'm very proud of myself. Anyways, I might as well list the whole thing here.

Singles
1st - AHottGreasedUP Giggly-Puff 4 Lovin'
2nd - Qraq
3rd - BattleChrist
4th - Knuttz
5th - The Buzz Saw
6th - Xsyven
7th - Casture
8th - Sugar Poultry -- YAY I WASN'T LAST! :D
9th - Josh

Doubles
1st - Xsyven & AHottGreasedUP Giggly-Puff 4 Lovin'
2nd - Qraq & Knuttz
3rd - BattleChrist & Casture
4th - The Buzz Saw & Sugar Poultry

Do you guys have a bracket we can look at?

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
? RA. Too good.

PC, you don't need to explain it to someone that's not going to do it, just tell them not to grab. It doesn't matter what they do with it, the end result is the same, haha.

I guess I coulda been clearer and said you can dsmash doubleslap to keep the pesky climbers away.

Now I want to go to UT to train up a Peach. I love teaching people how to channel the housewife.

aw, I wish you would. I could use a trainer.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
RaingAsian said:
I don't recall seeing anyone there who was topless....so I'm going to guess no.
LOL That was pretty picky. I'm sure everyone knew he meant "striped" (it's amazing how one extra letter can change the meaning to something totally different).

InterimOfZeal said:
...PC, you don't need to explain it to someone that's not going to do it, just tell them not to grab. It doesn't matter what they do with it, the end result is the same, haha...
Giving additional info isn't really anything bad. You, on the other hand, didn't even mention a "grab". You just said that it's inescapable, but that doesn't necessary imply a grab.

Xsyven said:
LIES. Weren't there like, ties after 4th place?
If it's double elimination, then there should be a tie for 5th place and a tie for 7th place. The only way that there isn't a tie was if you did an additional tiebreaker match-up, but from what Xsyven says, it looks like there wasn't one.

bluepeach said:
aw, I wish you would. I could use a trainer.
Yes, I could see a personal trainer being helpful to anyone wishing to learn advanced techniques more quickly. I would love to help, but it's inconvenient since I live in Salt Lake City. On the other hand, if lengeta or CdBobo are willing to, they can do you much good, as they are pretty skilled themselves, and happen to live closer to your area. But even with a "personal trainer" or a group of people your skill level to play regularly against, attending a tournament lets you learn a lot, like more varied playing styles and playing while under pressure. So come to the next tourny sometime next month, and I, as well as others, will be willing to help a fellow Smasher out; the more, the merrier.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Hey bluepeach! There's quite a few of us down here in Happy Valley, but basically only two who are on Smashboards. I'm over by UVSC, and CdBobo is up in Pleasant Grove. We do tournaments once a month and that's probably the best place to go to learn. However, me and Bobo are most likely down for a Smashfest anytime. I have some pretty good friends around here that play every once in a while too, and they're not shabby either. So... yeah, hey, what's up?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
At first, the Utah Thread was the communication gateway for Idaho and Colorado, but now it has also become the unofficial thread for Idaho tournaments...this is MADNESS...this ISN'T Sparta, you know! :p
But with all joking aside, I'm glad Utah's getting this much love from its surrounding states! :)

Phil, go to evo-- I have hot pockets and some pretty trippy techno. It'll blow your mind away.

But is anyone else besides FTS, CDBobo, Gojira, and Lengeta considering going? Come on, who can sincerely refuse a 7 hour road trip with a bunch of sweaty guys, I ask you!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
IF YOU DON'T GO TO EVO--- YOU'RE LAME. Can you handle beeing looked down upon in the eyes of Xsyven?

I think not. Go to EVO. Play with me some smash.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I'm really sorry (again) that I cant go to EVO World. I really, really, really wanted to, but there is no way I would have been able to find a way to convince the 5 people forcing me to stay here to actually let me go. I have two people that are literally forcing me to stay home (even from work) so I can help them with something, my boss needs me to work the 24th, and my parents wouldn't let me be there on the 26th...

I really dont see how I could convince all of them to let me just leave them for a "silly game" (dont worry, I dont think that way, the others think that way...)

I am planning on coming to the next Utah tourney though... if that means anything...

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Wow, sounds like I really need to go to the next tournament...and no, sadly I wasn't there. No stripes.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, definitely sad... it was the best tournament we've had in a while :|

But, first off, welcome to the smash scene bluepeach! I don't want lengeta to look like a jerk by "volunteering" me for anything, so I'll say it too; I'm always up for smash :). Once I get off work at 3:30/4:00 I'm basically open, and smash is the best thing to do with anyone's time anyway ;)... the other day laozy and C!Z went to lengeta's place and he called me up, and I arrived posthaste :D. Hmm.. I'm at work and have forgotten what I was going to add... I'll try and edit it in later or something, *shrug*.

Ah ha ha, glad you appreciate the sig! I didn't even have to ask him to say that.

Anyways, TJROOK! Stop being so depended on! I eased into my life of not doing anything by stealfully slipping into our hidden stair-space everytime I heard the parents shriek my name. Or you could write a poem about it. Here, go sing this to your family: Yo yo, whassup whassup, watch my rage, tjrook is in this hiz-ouze, i'm a bird, get me outta this cage, or I'll bust a cap and crap on something you like.

Keep me updated on how that goes.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Phil, go to evo-- I have hot pockets and some pretty trippy techno. It'll blow your mind away.

But is anyone else besides FTS, CDBobo, Gojira, and Lengeta considering going? Come on, who can sincerely refuse a 7 hour road trip with a bunch of sweaty guys, I ask you!
with hot pockets and trippy techno and a van so i dont have to sit right behind zac, who can refuse such a deal. sadly, work has taken over my life and therefore i will not be joining you guys. i will, however would love to play southern utah sometime in the near future.

and tjrook, the 2 best excuses are "my bff is getting married to a millionaire " and "my dog ran over to las vegas and i have to find him." trust me, it works everytime.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hehe yes, I am quite fond of that sig. ^_^ Thanks FoxTheStampede. So, when is the next Utah Tourney that Buzz and I can go to. Yes thats right, I'm gonna try to competing again! I gotta prepare myself for Brawl!

The smash update today was fabulous. I'm just disappointed that there was no Wolf Link :( Oh well, same moves which means I can just pick up where I left off with Link! Happy day!!!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
IF YOU DON'T GO TO EVO--- YOU'RE LAME...
You...um what should I call you.......SECOND-best-ICs-in-Utah guy... :p (maybe even third with slave1 joining in)

Remember this...?

PC: Rafa said that if I go to EVO World, that he'll go, too.
Xsyven: NO, you and Rafa must not go!

Anyway...the sooner we plan for September's tournament, the more time others can schedule to get the tourny day off, meaning more people. This was the original plan, was it not?

And slave1, by "new IC's kid", do you mean the most recent new ICs we had (i.e. FallenProphet, which doesn't really make sence because of the username) or another ICs player that has yet to come to a tourny? I'm guessing it's the latter, and if it is, then WELCOME to the Utah Smash Community! But boy, when the ICs players come, they come back-to-back (we had zero ICs player for a year and a half, then within 6 months, 3 pops up). Out goes the Samuses, in comes the Ice Climbers (only Utah vets would get what I'm talking about).
PS: With your name being Nathan, that would make a total of three Nathans in this community (so you're the third in two categories :)).

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm looking at September 15th so far since it's 4 weeks after last weekend. Any conflicts? I don't want any surprise stuff coming up less than a week before like that Conference thing has done before...

slave1

Smash Lord
I am friend with FallenProphet. he live right up the road. but he sleeps in like no other. he is still asleep. i need someone to break into his house and kick him a couple times. :D. FTS sound good. i will see if i can get that day off. thnx

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Post a final date soon, I might want to go.

I'm cheering for LaozyxBluepeach as the next super smash couple. Seriously, SamusxPeach? ****ing tight.

Xsyven... I would spend $300 just to smash with you while munching hot pockets. I wish I had the money. D:

EDIT: Also, Brawl REALLY needs to come out. I've had 3 dreams in as many nights about buying that **** game. Nintendo *******s are invading my sleep!

Top Bottom