• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
No honestly, how would they get married? Would it be considered polygamy if they only married one husband? How would they decide whose child it is, they share the same DNA.

All of Utah is invited to DoDu Smashfest, in Salem Oregon.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2735339#post2735339

I want to see all of you there, a friend and I are personally hosting it. We hope to get Idaho, Washington and some NorCal there.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL those are questions I can't even begin to want to answer. Are they even healthy enough to have children? Maybe they will see down the road. I don't think it would be considered polygamy.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It would definitely be a complicated debate:
"What if part of you wants to marry the guy and the other doesn't?"
"Well, ponder on it! Trust your feelings!"
"What if that other part of you hits you in the face?"
O_O'

laozy

Smash Journeyman
holdup, i think we still could play. if we dont drive to orem, rodolfo and his crew is playing and gideon and his crew might show up, so it'll be a pretty big smashfest. i'll give u a call as soon as i get a response.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Well I thought we were gonna play today... but it seems that the Orem people suck at responding.
My apologies for having a job...
Laozy PMed me, and I PMed him back. If it's not too late you guys can head over here, my place is open. I'm at Pinnacle Canyon View apartments, right behind Orem's Wal-Mart. I think the I-15 exit is 269 but I might have that wrong, but it's the UVSC exit. Apartment #1362, building #8 (it's one of the back buildings, back being the East end). My cell is (435)406-9012.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Whew, smashfest was a lot of fun! I was certainly surprised when I found out that Legenta's house was a mere two minutes away driving distance. I could have walked over! I guess that means it will easy to get a ride if I can come to the tournament (I'll pay gas money for the trip of course).

It was nice meeting everyone. You all seemed like very nice guys and it was a pleasure to play with you all. I'd give mini shoutouts to everyone, but I'll do that later if I manage to have time for the tournament.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Aww, weak! I finally get to play unknownforce (been waiting for like a month now) and I played worse than I did at my first tournament last fall! >.<.
Now, I won't john (IoZ, relax ;)), but if you play as well as you did yesterday and I play like I normally do the next time we battle , I will win. Still, good matches of course, and your skill with so many characters is pretty impressive :). I sure hope you can make it to the 18th's tourney, one so I can redeem myself, and two so we can have some fun =).

lengeta

Smash Ace
Don't worry about gas unknown, It's like 40min away and I'll be heading there regardless of who else does or doesn't come.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Word to Unknowns skill, definitely fun to play with just sucked not havin more than one tv but it was still fun. Hope I don't play that el no bueno at the tourney though definitely not A game but I learned some things from that short period of time.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Aww, weak! I finally get to play unknownforce (been waiting for like a month now) and I played worse than I did at my first tournament last fall! >.<.
Now, I won't john (IoZ, relax ;)), but if you play as well as you did yesterday and I play like I normally do the next time we battle , I will win. Still, good matches of course, and your skill with so many characters is pretty impressive :). I sure hope you can make it to the 18th's tourney, one so I can redeem myself, and two so we can have some fun =).
??? Don't worry bobo, I don't judge a player off a few matches, especially if they are friendlies. Smash is meant for fun, and it hardly matters who is better than who so long as everyone has a good time. That is the philosophy of friendlies, hence their name.

I actually think I have a good chance of coming to the event, so I'll probably see you guys there. Should be a lot of fun!

Oh yeah, and all Utah smash players are awesome guys so far.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I actually think I have a good chance of coming to the event, so I'll probably see you guys there. Should be a lot of fun!

Oh yeah, and all Utah smash players are awesome guys so far.
Yay :). Just wait till you meet Zack though...... <.< lol j/k Zack ;)
I certainly hope I didn't come across as rude to you unknownforce with my "I will win" bit.. looking back at it, it does seem a bit cocky or unnecessarily firm. Whoops. I was mainly trying not to john so.. blame IoZ!! :laugh:

Regardless, I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm going to go to sleep now so I'm not going to be at the tournament in time for doubles.....sorry C!z. No Zacks.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'll still make singles as long as doubles doesn't end in like 10 minutes.

Oh and I won't be able to go to EVO World now.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
New UTAH smashette.

Hello, I'm looking to transition from the casual scene to tournaments and need some practice buddies that can kick my trash. Friends and aquaintances can not do so. I'm in the provo /orem area.
thanks.

Well bluepeach, as a hotgreasedupjigglypuff 4 luvin', I feel obliged to wave hello. However! I'll be waving hello from St George, so yeah, next time you feel like a four hour drive you come visit our sexiness!

And RA, tsk tsk, I was already preparing my most comfortable, cat-less bed for you. Sigh*

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay, female smashers FTW!!! Too bad I live in Idaho now. My home town in Cedar City, down south, but I still belong. ^_^ I just had my first tournament today. Yeah.... I didn't do well, but I learned a lot! Hopefully more to come, especially when Brawl comes!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Careful, female smashers can bring a lot of drama to the scene, haha.

Still, seems nice enough.

Wobbling is an infinite combo with ICs that is completely inescapable. You play Peach, so you shouldn't worry about it too much. XD

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Naw....I'm fairly drama free. I'm all business. HA. No ice climber can wobble me, *looks around in fear*

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Since IoZ didn't really explain it that well, I will emphasize: Wobbling, is when you grab your opponent with the Ice Climbers, and alternate your grab attack with either the IC's partner's forward-tilt or down-tilt. This would make you hit the opponent at a rapid (and even) interval, and with each hit stunning the opponent until the next attack hits, making them unable to shake out, no matter how fast they mash buttons. I would still mash buttons though, just in case they mess up the timing. Just make it your top priority not to get grabbed by the ICs, as even without wobbling, they can still do mean chain throws.
Oh, and welcome to the Utah Smash cummunity! It's too bad you couldn't introduce yourself a couple of days earlier; if you did, you would have known that there would be a tournament today

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Lol.

I'm a dirty wobbler. :(
Ha ha I'll stay away from wobblers I guess....or should I learn to combat them? HM....
and ya, that makes me wish I had introduced earlier. I'm going to be entering a club sponsored tournament here in the next month. Nothing huge, but a good way to get started I guess...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
♥ RA. Too good.

PC, you don't need to explain it to someone that's not going to do it, just tell them not to grab. It doesn't matter what they do with it, the end result is the same, haha.

I guess I coulda been clearer and said you can dsmash doubleslap to keep the pesky climbers away.

Now I want to go to UT to train up a Peach. I love teaching people how to channel the housewife.

Top Bottom