• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I'll get ahold of tjrook and see if he can make the tourney (doubtful)
I am so sorry Chadd, but it seems that tourneys are always planned on the most inconvenient days for me... I have about 4 things going on that day, taking up pretty much every minute of it...

Sorry everybody, I'll prove myself eventually :(

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
So this would be a good time to ask everyone again for any bad dates in September :p

Sept 2nd = no, and probably the weekend of the next Champ Combo tournament = no, too, so far.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
That happens to everyone, tjrook, unless your hosting it yourself.
Yeah, I kind of figured it does...

As for September, I mainly just need to make sure I can get work off, and I am almost guaranteed to be able to go. I think that August is just a hard month, because of school and whatnot...

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
At the start of september my family and I are going to a time-share, wolf creek, so I'll let you know the dates FtS so you'll know. I want to say 4th and 5th, but I could be a little off.
I wish I could be here when wikipedia comes... it seems he'll make a nice addition to our scene, as Gojira stated. I would definitely forewarn us wiki :D. SLC is where we host most of em anyway, and if you're going to be there already... instant smash love. lol.
tj are we still on to play at my house tonight at 5 or so?

lengeta

Smash Ace
If I had my own way of recording my matches, there'd be videos freakin' everywhere of me for people to laugh at. I think there's on of me vs Hugs somewhere, but I was HORRIBLE then, and it was against Hugs, but that's not as bad as how bad I was.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Devin and I were thinking about recording our matches, and making a cute little So. Utah combo video.

We'll see what happens, though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Buzz's Retirement Policy

In light of recent events (mostly related to Gojira), I propose the following policy: No smasher can be declared "retired" unless he has been inactive for a period of at least six months. No more claims of "retiring after this tournament". Time and time again, smashers (*coughGojiracough*) claim that they are retired immediately following a given event. To our surprise, these same smashers (such as Gojira) go on to attend big tournaments like 0C2. After numerous more retirement claims, such smashers (much like Gojira) manage to scrounge up the funds to attend other big tournaments a year later like 0C3.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
In his defense, Gojira didn't ACTUALLY pay for OC2 and OC3 himself :laugh:
LOL! Who sponsored him?

I guess my point is this: what does "retired" mean, anyway? If you really want to retire, just stop playing. Attempting to announce it does absolutely nothing (except make you look stupid when it turns out you actually didn't retire). Sure, if someone goes inactive, remove them from the power rankings. It is that simple. Otherwise, no more retirements!

Gojira

Smash Lord
Lulz, didn't he lose a MM to our beloved Yang?

I ♥ Gimpy... my favourite person EVAR! He should move to CO, 4reel.

Point in short: Playing someone that's good doesn't make you good. Look at manacloud.
I have to john for gimpy. Gimpy's controller started going out when he got to the tourney.....i witnessed it all. Gimpy beats marths that are at a muhc higher level.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lulz, the controller john doesn't interest me, nor does you doing it for him. I've been going to tournaments with broken controllers for the past 2 years. Every time I get a new one that works well, someone steals it. I was playing Kenny last night with a broken controller (the L button would randomly stick, so that my drillshines would turn into me spotdodging or rolling), and managed to 4 stock him once with his own character (Fox), and Fox is much more technical than Bowser. Adjust to the controller if it's broken, or get a new one. As I recall, Gimpy never johned about his controller to us. He just said "GG, rematch later". That's all. That's the mark of a good player, no johns, regardless of circumstances.

And there aren't a ****load of Marths that are better than Yang anymore. Yeah, the ones that are are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than him, and there are probably about 20 or so, but the general Marth populace sucks. Also, saying that Gimpy beats Marths that are much better than him kinda disproves your whole "Any decent Marth can own a good Bowser" theory, doesn't it?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Also, saying that Gimpy beats Marths that are much better than him kinda disproves your whole "Any decent Marth can own a good Bowser" theory, doesn't it?
I was kind of wondering the same thing. I remember you making both of these claims, Gojira. >_>

Gojira

Smash Lord
Lulz, the controller john doesn't interest me, nor does you doing it for him. I've been going to tournaments with broken controllers for the past 2 years. Every time I get a new one that works well, someone steals it. I was playing Kenny last night with a broken controller (the L button would randomly stick, so that my drillshines would turn into me spotdodging or rolling), and managed to 4 stock him once with his own character (Fox), and Fox is much more technical than Bowser. Adjust to the controller if it's broken, or get a new one. As I recall, Gimpy never johned about his controller to us. He just said "GG, rematch later". That's all. That's the mark of a good player, no johns, regardless of circumstances.

And there aren't a ****load of Marths that are better than Yang anymore. Yeah, the ones that are are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than him, and there are probably about 20 or so, but the general Marth populace sucks. Also, saying that Gimpy beats Marths that are much better than him kinda disproves your whole "Any decent Marth can own a good Bowser" theory, doesn't it?
Gimpy beats marths but not in serious matches...and if you know gimpy he doesnt take many MM's seriously. I did kinda disproove what i said.....and i tried to delete that because that was jsut a rude thing to say anyways.

Now that your eminded me...dont know how....are you going to evo at all Zeal?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Is it okay that I pretend that it actually means seizure, as in to have a seizure, instead of seizure, as in to seize something?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Aww...no "Battle in the Forgotten City"? Salt Lake City could've been the forgotten city....

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Made it to Utah in one piece. This sure is a great place! Mountains are a very welcome sight to behold.

I'm going to be incredibly busy. I believe the only days smash might be possible is on Wed and possibly Sat. If anyone is going to be near Orem either of those days, let me know.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I like Orgasm of Complete And Utter Dominance.

But that's just me.

'Jira, stop johning, especially for other players. It's disrespectful to both Gimpy and Yang for you to do this, and if you're not going to take MM's seriously when you get a lot of offers, then what's the point of doing them? To give away money? Why force them to play a half-***** set with you just to get a few measly dollars then? Just buy them lunch.

Gimpy may be good, but he's playing a garbage character that I think should be lower than Kirby after seeing both him and KKK. I love Bowser, but he sucks, honestly. The sheer prediction ability and perfect spacing that are required with Boozer make him unwieldy at best, especially when the opponent knows what to do. Want to know why Yang had no trouble with you? He played a faster Bowser for about an hour before even left for UT. I was just sandbagging when I played your Marth, ala chasing shy guys.

See what I just did? I made all your efforts trivial and laughable by johning. By simply saying that, I've made our MM seem as if it didn't count, and even offered some evidence to support my claims. Makes you feel all toasty inside, no?

Pretty crappy, eh? Cut it out.

I'm not going to Evo, crap came up with school.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I like Orgasm of Complete And Utter Dominance.

But that's just me.

'Jira, stop johning, especially for other players. It's disrespectful to both Gimpy and Yang for you to do this, and if you're not going to take MM's seriously when you get a lot of offers, then what's the point of doing them? To give away money? Why force them to play a half-***** set with you just to get a few measly dollars then? Just buy them lunch.

Gimpy may be good, but he's playing a garbage character that I think should be lower than Kirby after seeing both him and KKK. I love Bowser, but he sucks, honestly. The sheer prediction ability and perfect spacing that are required with Boozer make him unwieldy at best, especially when the opponent knows what to do. Want to know why Yang had no trouble with you? He played a faster Bowser for about an hour before even left for UT. I was just sandbagging when I played your Marth, ala chasing shy guys.

See what I just did? I made all your efforts trivial and laughable by johning. By simply saying that, I've made our MM seem as if it didn't count, and even offered some evidence to support my claims. Makes you feel all toasty inside, no?

Pretty crappy, eh? Cut it out.

I'm not going to Evo, crap came up with school.

hehehe ok

what happened with school?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Strong they would have to be to live through what? Someone's never met twins before. XD

Pretty cool stuff. Questions arise about marriage/childbirth/HOMG SEXXORZ, but it's fairly interesting.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Hmm maybe me and Phil could make a little trip down to Orem if Phil wants to. Since nobody up here ever wants to play I would probably be down to go down there tomorrow after work.... Let me know yo's

Top Bottom