• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

harpuia190

Smash Ace
righteous man, it will be sweet for sure, oh i might have to change it though so we can see david, junpei, xsyven, the good slave(not the regular one), and C!Z

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seems like Melee's getting it's revival in Utah.

We need more people for Melee, though. More people means Power Rankings, albeit, a very gimped one.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I'm moving in April...
Oh man :urg: that really sucks. The scene here will be much less for you having to leave. Wangston as well. I hope the last few tourneys are really a blast for you guys.

So I played CIZ on wifi and he two stocked my MK with DK on delfino haha. Too good.
Way to go C!Z way too good lol.

Is that Japanese?

I hate this debate. Can't we say that, on some level, Brawl and Melee are equal on the competitive level? And yes, I know you said you were not bashing Brawl, but still...

(expects FTS/Gojira/C!Z rant from this part)

Speaking of which, DZLE, Minato is coming over Thursday to practice Melee and Brawl before the mini-thing. You wanna hang with us?
Lanky for best Snake in state after all the best ppl are gone.

Expect again my good sir! I see your point about "competitive" but which requires the most skill, dedication, practice, and technical ability is clear. Brawl was MEANT to be more approachable. Melee is faster and has brilliant on-the-fly unstoppable combos that can blow you away. Both games have the core Smash elements of fun, though.

If you guys don't mind a fourth, depending on when you're hanging out, I could show up. Actually I have work up until a half-hour before the tourney anyway so I'll probably just see you there.

Haha that trip is epic. ^_^

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is that Japanese?
Yup. DZLE's just saying it's useless.

I really wish that I don't have to move this summer. I'm moving whenever the house gets sold though, so until then, I'll still be here.

At least SoCal has a good Melee scene.
I'll need to improve my Melee skills before I leave.

EDIT: I got ninja'd by DZLE. (No homo)

DZLE

Smash Master
Yup. DZLE's just saying it's useless.

I really wish that I don't have to move this summer. I'm moving whenever the house gets sold though, so until then, I'll still be here.

At least SoCal has a good Melee scene.
I'll need to improve my Melee skills before I leave.

EDIT: I got ninja'd by DZLE. (No homo)
ahahahahahah I love you minato.

Dude I am totally willing next summer to come visit you in SoCal and get a good 2 weeks of a good Melee scene in. By then I will be good enough to intermingle. Just tell me what to do, you know itll get done :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
ahahahahahah I love you minato.

Dude I am totally willing next summer to come visit you in SoCal and get a good 2 weeks of a good Melee scene in. By then I will be good enough to intermingle. Just tell me what to do, you know itll get done :D
But... but what if I come to Utah for a visit while you're in SoCal?

DZLE

Smash Master
That's... so homo.:laugh:
Not enough homo, you mean.
But for real, Dan, just because your moving doesnt mean its the end!!!!
(man.... way too homo.)

DZLEdit:
Ah, late, school,
Gonna grab my DS, lay in bed and play pokemon til i fall asleep.
Peace out Utah Smash Scene,
youll be in my heart and dreams.
Watashiha Ganbarimasu

vazor

Smash Apprentice
That's... so homo.:laugh:

Hahahahaha you guys crack me up.
And cool, I was just making sure it was Japanese becase that's what I thought it was and I didn't want it to be some kind of meme or something. :dizzy:

@Wangston srsly?? Gah I got pwned. Where are you moving to then?

Edit: I went to sleep at 4:30 on Monday and woke up t 8. But this discussion should be in the Utah Thread instaed of here.
That's.. that's like exactly the same times I did :eek::upsidedown::lick: except I was up playing Iji (http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php) all night and you were probably up ... pwning ... all night. Or something.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I can't believe you guys didn't get Kenny's joke until now. He gave a hint that it was joke a little after he said he was moving.

Watashiha Ganbarimasu

At least romanize 「は」 as "wa" when using it as a particle... :p

And as for that road trip map, I LOL'ed at the leap from Alaska to Arizona. :laugh:

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I just don't get the logic of "More advanced techniques = more competitive", cause, to me, that makes it less competitive, cause there is no small gap between new guys and pros, so the pros always win.
Nah, more AT's just means a larger skill gap, not necessarily more competitive. It is less competitive because Sakurai makes it to be that way. He wants the Smash series to be a party game series.

DZLE

Smash Master
I can't believe you guys didn't get Kenny's joke until now. He gave a hint that it was joke a little after he said he was moving.

At least romanize 「は」 as "wa" when using it as a particle... :p

And as for that road trip map, I LOL'ed at the leap from Alaska to Arizona. :laugh:
Good ole PC. Even correcting my Japanese :) LOL didn't think to romanize the ha. My bad.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Nah, more AT's just means a larger skill gap, not necessarily more competitive. It is less competitive because Sakurai makes it to be that way. He wants the Smash series to be a party game series.
There are several different aspects of a game that determine how enjoyable it is when played with a "play to win" attitude. "Competitiveness" is used in so many different ways that it's almost a useless word. I was going to describe the bigger ones in the context of all 1v1 games (bash-free), but it's late and I still want to play FF7. Probably not tomorrow either, because I will be distracted by my birthday. :)

I'd say that Sakurai succeeded in what he wanted to do, though.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't have school on Fridays, so I'm up for some Smashing. If a smashfest happens (even a mildly small one with 3-6 people), I'll likely come. If not, vazor, you're welcome to come over to my place, and I'll help you get better in Melee.
I don't have class on fridays either. (Well, technically I do, but it's calc and I just show up and turn my assignment in and leave.)

Edit: I went to sleep at 4:30 on Monday and woke up at 8. But this discussion should be in the Utah Thread instead of here.
I went to bed at 7:45 am on sunday night/monday morning and had class at 10:00, then last night I was up till 4:30 and had class at nine. Then I'll be up pretty late tonight smashing with david/doing my 3 hw assignments and I have class at 10. I win :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Happy Birthday FTS (From the guy who'll probably never meet you, lol)

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. Du wop du wop du wop du woop.

Who wants to take my Psych Stats final tomorrow?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
So, I already said this in the ToF thread, but I may be able to squeeze a smashfest at my place Friday night. It'll probably be late, like after 7, due to me going to Watchmen that night (if I can get a matinee, that is).

If you want to come, then PM me. I want to get a little group for this, cause it won't be overnight, so I want an idea of who wants to come. It'll last until...midnight I guess, and there will be other games, so we can play other stuff if some of us don't want to smash.

And I'd say Happy B-day to FTS...but I already did it through PM.

DZLE

Smash Master
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. Du wop du wop du wop du woop.

Who wants to take my Psych Stats final tomorrow?
What kind of a post is this?!?!

Anyway, i have a couple questions.

Can someone in Layman terms please explain to me how to glide toss?
(And can it be done with every pick-up-able item in the game? Like snakes nades and warios bike?)
Annnnnd how do you do that thing as sonic where you spin then shield or like spin and sidestep or whatever i always see sonic players doing?

Top Bottom