• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Im going to do a Spudz combo video soon!

I have Brawl, a Wii some peeps to play with but I just need one thing. A capture card. Geekhead said that he might be able to get one for me to use but just in case do you guys have a capture card that I could borrow or buy a capture card for me and I will pay for it. Since there is a tourney next week it would be cool if you could do it by then. I have looked for them at Best Buy and other stores but none of them had it.

Also since I deleted basically all of my replays from the last few months I'm going to have to get a good collection of replays again. So I might be annoying at tournaments and want to play on my Wii rather then another one so bare with me. By the way the video might be more then just one character but it will be mostly if not all about Snake. Marth might be in there and maybe some Jiggz or Weegee.

Anyway yah thats about it on my video. Now listen to this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2aH4XLbto

Sada

Smash Cadet
So, let me get this straight, you hardly ever go to utah tournaments, and now you want to go to vegas? im sorry but for what reason? do you plan on placing high or something? :laugh: oh and everyone in vegas are just as good as us, so its nothing special. :009:
I've come to more than half of the MA Tourneys and I don't have to explain my reasons to you.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
sooo guys... its sad to say it. but
IM saying bye to the utah scene.
i will be moving by the end of the week....
so no vegas for me. count me out

harpuia190

Smash Ace
dai-a for serious?! aww that makes me sad, its gonna suck to see you go man, where are you going to?

EDIT: oh wait i found out, but yeah man ill miss you

EDIT2: Dzle i love you too bad this wasnt you

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I really hope this is just a joke, but it doesn't seem like it. My competition in Melee is slowly moving away, one-by-one... (Along with other smashers, too, I guess.) Watch Yaz suddenly posts and says he leaving, too. :laugh:

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's legit. David's goin to Canadia lol. I knew way before all of you cuz I'm special :)

Maybe if there was a Melee scene people would stay.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I remember David telling me that he was moving, but I didn't think it'd be this soon...

With David leaving, the Melee scene loses one more person (who's worth 10 people in skill).

Oh, and I won't be able to make it to the tourney in Vegas. I have to drop off my Mom at the airport, on the 21st of all days. If I could, I would've been able to drive other Smashers.

On the bright side, I guess I have a whole weekend opened up.

DZLE

Smash Master
haha im not american :p
Well yeah....
everyone that wants to keep playing melee, come live with me :D haha
ill be living close to M2k now.
he will just be one state below me.
I will come live with you David D: ily, man, always
Gonna miss you man, Meleewise, Brawlwise, and Lifewise.
Kick some M2k Butt.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Disrespecting a forum leader gives you 3 points for a whole month? Has the consequences for that offense always been that high? But I guess it's for more severe cases, and not like for the cases like when Fate gave points to Ken Neth a couple of weeks ago (but I could be wrong).
But what exactly was changed from the previous version of the rules? There should have been a part at the end listing the changes from the previous version, so that people know the difference, and possibly understand why a newer version was in need, based on the changes.

Oh, and since Dai-A is leaving soon, I guess I don't have to start up OPERATION

The problem of his brokenness was resolved on its own.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
The disrespecting a mod, thing didn't change...and also im getting very confused by some of the things I keep hearing about me giving out points. I have given kenny no points and I gave him a warning one time, almost as a joke. And I missed it or somthing, but I didn't ban X yet I read several posts saying I did.

The Major change to the rules was the abusing the system part. Where it said if you get over 10 points (but arn't banned) it will give you 1 perma point, and so on.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ban Dai-A!

I know this doesn't mean anything to you losers, but I'm moving to Oregon in October. Sexy Southern Utah will have to be renamed to just "Southern Utah" then. Then it'll be Sexy Northwest Oregon. Doesn't ring as well, but it'll have to do.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ban Dai-A!

I know this doesn't mean anything to you losers, but I'm moving to Oregon in October. Sexy Southern Utah will have to be renamed to just "Southern Utah" then. Then it'll be Sexy Northwest Oregon. Doesn't ring as well, but it'll have to do.
When did everyone get the idea to move away from Utah? ...it sounds good just saying it.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Ban Dai-A!

LOL he ain't that good, you guys just suck.

Yay Xsyvy will be much closer to Washington :) Play Melee and get good, Oregon peeps come to the tourneys quite often.

DZLE

Smash Master
LOL he ain't that good, you guys just suck.

Yay Xsyvy will be much closer to Washington :) Play Melee and get good, Oregon peeps come to the tourneys quite often.
C!Z, I have been meaning to ask, how is the scene there?
(Brawl and Melee)
Compared to ours?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well there's obviously no comparison for Melee lol, it's bueno :) We had like a 35 person tourney Saturday it was the sh**, there was like 12 sets up, lots of good players. Too good.

What the ***k is Brawl?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm sad now...Dave is too good. I mean, considering his skill, I wouldn't be surprised if he was considered best in this region...and he's leaving us...

Dude, best wishes to you when you move. I hope to see you in the future man...

EDIT: Seriously, when did everyone decide to move? What the hell is up with that? Well, in any case, I hope some of us stay so the competitive scene can be legit enough to be considered a "scene", cause...it'll be a LONG time before I decide I'm moving, if at all, and I like you guys...it won't be fun anymore...

DZLE

Smash Master
Well there's obviously no comparison for Melee lol, it's bueno :) We had like a 35 person tourney Saturday it was the sh**, there was like 12 sets up, lots of good players. Too good.

What the ***k is Brawl?
Oh I dunno some game or somethin. I'm jealous of your tourney turn outs

C!Z

Smash Lord
Haha jk We just don't have tourneys of Brawl and Melee together so I wouldn't know. I should go though, I was beatin some of the members on teh PR for Brawl at a Smash fest. Not all the tourneys are that big, usually bout half that just on random weekends.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
EDIT: Seriously, when did everyone decide to move? What the hell is up with that? Well, in any case, I hope some of us stay so the competitive scene can be legit enough to be considered a "scene", cause...it'll be a LONG time before I decide I'm moving, if at all, and I like you guys...it won't be fun anymore...
As long as the people who don't plan on moving don't just give up, it's very possible to revive everything. Utah smash loses tons of people constantly, but we are still here. There are only 3 people still mostly active who were around at all in the first year (probably even first 2 years now). I bet if we made a huge effort to do some long range advertising, we could get our numbers back up and beyond. Just recovering might not even take special effort at all, like usual. I wouldn't take the risk, though, because too much is different now.

Also, for yet another plug for Street Fighter, the normal amount of time that people spend in the Utah community is longer than how long the Utah smash community has even existed. ;)

DZLE

Smash Master

lol I hope you don't think YOU are actually good. Last time I checked your 6th on the rankings in washington and Dai-a was better than you and my money is on that he is still better than you.
If there are 35 people going to their tourneys, and they are all good smashers like he says, 6th is not something to laugh about.
Your like 6th or something, and theres only like 12 smashers here.
Ily dryu though :p

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Ya I wouldn't call running attack to jab an AT, but I get what you mean. lol thats good
Everyone knows most of these techniques lol.
Oh ok thx that answers my question. :)

Dai-A you will be awesome no matter where you go. Thank you for all the times you showed me what it's like to really be good at this game.

And PC: nice lol Project Ban Dai-A ^_^

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So a SWF buddy of mine says he is comming up here from TX to come skiing the weekend of the 18th. He normally gets in the top 10 from what I have seen, and will be in Salt lake so if we can pick him up he would love to smash with us. To bad its the only week end this month we don't have a tourny planned =P. Anyway he said he would keep me updated about him comming here, and he can give us an idea of how we compare to TX.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The weekend of the 18th is the 21st... That's our vegas trip. Unless he's going to get here on the 18th. We could just make the weekly one bigger for him.

Top Bottom