• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
*New Vegas List*

People who are going to Vegas:
Ken Neth
Corrupt Fate
Wangston
Yaz
Rade
Joebag
_X_
Dai-a
Demolisho
Lanky Gunner

Not sure/undecided:
W!ld
Lada
Staz
PC
Waff
dRyu
Minato
PhillBobJoe *Joke*

Cars:
Ken Neth (8 Seats) *All of Ken Neth's seats are full as of right now*
JoeBag (3 Seats)
Rade (5 Seats)

*If riding with Ken Neth the cost is $11 for gas. Let him know in advance and pay him in advance as well if your planning on going. Also remember that $11 for gas is extremely cheap so I would recommend to fill his car up first:]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I really am undecided at the moment.

It's during spring break so my family might have something planned.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

*If riding with Ken Neth the cost is $11 for gas. Let him know in advance and pay him in advance as well if your planning on going. Also remember that $11 for gas is extremely cheap so I would recommend to fill his car up first:]
I've already talked to the people who I'm planning on riding in my car a couple weeks ago... So unless one of them can't make it then technically my car is already full. This list is good though, keep it up :)

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
So if I went on said Las Vegas trip would the only cost be the eleven dollars (that is if I ride with kenny) and nothing else. I might be able to go if it happens to be on my schools spring break as well (what is the date again?). But dont expect anything though because my parents will most likely say no.

By the way I almost switched to Metaknight because I thought I needed him to win. But now I am feeling really good about my Snake. :]

DZLE

Smash Master
So if I went on said Las Vegas trip would the only cost be the eleven dollars (that is if I ride with kenny) and nothing else. I might be able to go if it happens to be on my schools spring break as well (what is the date again?). But dont expect anything though because my parents will most likely say no.

By the way I almost switched to Metaknight because I thought I needed him to win. But now I am feeling really good about my Snake. :]
DONT. DONT. DONT.
I went down this road.
It's long, dreary, and leads NOWHERE.
It only goes one place... RIDICULE AND PAIN.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Funny how both of you thought about going Meta Knight in order to win, but didn't, and ended up (or was already) maining the next best thing, Snake (2nd on tier list). :laugh:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It's on the 21st, and I do believe you'd have to also pay for the entry fee, which I saw was 10 bucks, I think. So I would end up bringing 40-50 bucks (the extra for food on the way and emergency money). That is, though, if you go...

Funny how both of you thought about going Meta Knight in order to win, but didn't, and ended up (or was already) maining the next best thing, Snake (2nd on tier list). :laugh:
Eh, just go with what feels right. I've been using the same characters since the game came out, just cause they feel right to me.

Sada

Smash Cadet

Ken Neth
Corrupt Fate
Wangston
Yaz
Rade
Joebag
_X_
Dai-a
Demolisho
Lanky Gunner

Not sure/undecided:
W!ld
Lada
Staz
PC
Waff
dRyu
Minato
PhillBobJoe *Joke*

Cars:
JoeBag (3 Seats)
Rade (5 Seats)

So this is for the SK92 tourney on the 21st, huh?

If there are seats left, I'd like to go.

It looks like gas money is the only problem people are having, but what about housing? I would look for this info in previous posts, but this conversation could have been going for pages.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
You were thinking about switching to MK, and felt it would lead to ridicule and pain?
I thought about it for a while too, but think of the ridicule and pain *I*, as a Link main, would get by switching. :laugh:
I've actually considered Marth in the last couple of weeks (because my Marth is way better than my Link, though that isn't saying much ;) ) but for now I'm sticking with Link. Although Marth is a fun character.
And btw the psychedelic purple and yellow version of MK is the best.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
You were thinking about switching to MK, and felt it would lead to ridicule and pain?
I thought about it for a while too, but think of the ridicule and pain *I*, as a Link main, would get by switching. :laugh:
I've actually considered Marth in the last couple of weeks (because my Marth is way better than my Link, though that isn't saying much ;) ) but for now I'm sticking with Link. Although Marth is a fun character.
And btw the psychedelic purple and yellow version of MK is the best.
Hey you and Pwny should fight for best Link in state. :)

DZLE

Smash Master
Hey you and Pwny should fight for best Link in state. :)
pwny's link blew my mind... he didnt bombslide, or DACUS, or anything AT-ish and it was still the best link i have played. If he learned how to utilize that stuff, he would be crazy. but maybe he doesnt need to, and thats why he is so good.
pwny should come more

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
*New updated Vegas list*

Ken Neth
Corrupt Fate
Wangston
Yaz
Rade
Joebag
_X_
Dai-a
Demolisho
Lanky Gunner

Not sure/undecided:
W!ld
Lada
Staz
PC
Waff
dRyu
Minato
PhillBobJoe *Joke*
DZLE
Spudz
Sada

Cars:
JoeBag (3 Seats)
Rade (5 Seats)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

It looks like gas money is the only problem people are having, but what about housing? I would look for this info in previous posts, but this conversation could have been going for pages.
I don't know what everyone is planning on for housing :laugh:

As soon as I get a general idea of how many people can actually go, I will contact SK92 about housing.

DZLE

Smash Master
I don't know what everyone is planning on for housing :laugh:

As soon as I get a general idea of how many people can actually go, I will contact SK92 about housing.
Once i get an idea about housing situations, i will make my real decision.
And if it all sounds great, I will take work off and come, with my whole next paycheck.
(mind you if i come, I have a car that fits 4 not including me legally, but its got HUGE CARGO space for bags/whatever/mexis.)
I just need to get the date, housing, etc perfect before giving a definite answer

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
DZLE, you're rich, so you should rent a hotel for all of us (and I mean not just a room, but the whole building ;)).

its got HUGE CARGO space for bags/whatever/mexis.
LOL So "whatever" gets priority over "mexis" when you list them (and I guess they count as "CARGO" if they're in the trunk)? :p

DZLE

Smash Master
DZLE, you're rich, so you should rent a hotel for all of us (and I mean not just a room, but the whole building ;)).

LOL So "whatever" gets priority over "mexis" when you list them (and I guess they count as "CARGO" if they're in the trunk)? :p
I could probably pull some string and rent out cesars palace for all of us.

And lol, I wasnt being racist or anything, but... actually maybe subconciously i was...
/slap self

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I would love to face Pwny, but the chances that we ever will are really slim. I can't go to any of the thursday tournies, I'm not going to make the ToF this saturday ( well I hope I can but I highly doubt it), and I'll never get to go to any of the UST tournies either. (And I don't believe I can make the April ToF either).

Well I have been accepted into BYU for summer term, and I am considering being in the dorms for it, so if I do I would love to come over and smash it up with you other BYU smashers. But that's about all I'll be able to do. Crazy me and my decision to double major. I must have a deathwish or something.

EDIT: DZLE you're racist.
EDIT 2: Seriously 95% of Link AT's are useless in 95% of situations. For instance: galeguarding is awesome against Marth, but is useless against the rest of the cast. DAC is way punishable, bombsliding is lol most of the time, z-edgeguarding is virtually useless in most cases.
Take Deva: best Link in the world (NOT Izaw) who can take on the likes of myRoboticClaw and BarDuLl, makes a deliberate effort to NOT use any AT's.
The most useful one is arrow cancelling, which can be done after a full-hopped bomb pull or a short hopped bair (to punish the opponent if they roll in front of Link).

Mostly I'm just a sloppy player, I mess everything up. I don't doubt Pwny would be better than me, although I have more experience in Link dittos.

___X___

Smash Lord
In that case, put me as going. How much is gas money? $15?

How full is Rade's vehicle?
So, let me get this straight, you hardly ever go to utah tournaments, and now you want to go to vegas? im sorry but for what reason? do you plan on placing high or something? :laugh: oh and everyone in vegas are just as good as us, so its nothing special. :009:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Smashers aren't the only ones getting STDs in Vegas during Spring Break. :laugh:

But seriously, Kenny has a point; the list of people that're going, or is at least thinking about going, is bigger than the attendance list for our tournaments. What gives?! This shows that if everyone on this list comes to every tournament, and people that aren't on this list also come, then we'll have a big 30+ tournament every time. :ohwell:

slave1

Smash Lord
i just noticed this, X's avatar makes him look like a girl. LOL!

but down syndrome kids are so flippen cool.

you know whats sad. C!Z keeps better track of the Utah thread than i do... and he lives up in washington or oregon.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
sorry until i get the official ok about my vehicle, i wont start saying who i will and wont take

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Fate I think I figured out that AT (run to jab) you were talking about with Kirby. I was also playing with some of the other ATs and found some neat tricks that might eventually help my game, with any character. I don't know what they're called so I gave them names myself.
dtilt switching
gliding b-reversal
SHBR (short hop b-reversal, e.g. swallowcide on the edge) - pronounced like "shiver"
running shield cancelling - running, shield, vulcan jab/hammer/whatnot as soon as you can after releasing the shield (several frames; but still faster than stopping the run normally)

Maybe this week I can show you and see if it's worth posting in the tech forum or something. I need an SD card/video capture card so I can get/make vids... ;_;

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Fate I think I figured out that AT (run to jab) you were talking about with Kirby. I was also playing with some of the other ATs and found some neat tricks that might eventually help my game, with any character. I don't know what they're called so I gave them names myself.
dtilt switching
gliding b-reversal
SHBR (short hop b-reversal, e.g. swallowcide on the edge) - pronounced like "shiver"
running shield cancelling - running, shield, vulcan jab/hammer/whatnot as soon as you can after releasing the shield (several frames; but still faster than stopping the run normally)

Maybe this week I can show you and see if it's worth posting in the tech forum or something. I need an SD card/video capture card so I can get/make vids... ;_;

Everyone knows most of these techniques lol.

Top Bottom