• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So...
I've researched a little bit on my own and found that there are tournaments at McDonald's in SL, but I can't find exact dates or locations.
Those were the MGC tournies. They ran for four weeks but they are already over...

So I just cleared things with my Mom, she's going with me to the tournament at Play'N'Trade NEXT Thursday, but doesn't want me to go alone to this one (meeting people over the internet still stands as a bad thing).
I guess I'll hope to see you all there, then!
...Now I won't spend hours obsessively playing SSBB on my own... *twitchtwitch*
If she doesn't want you to go alone I can give you a ride to PNT and your mom can meet me before we leave. You can even tell her I'm a LDS BYU student lol.. If that'll help any.

Edit: I didn't read that post clear enough haha. I guess she's going to PNT with you then?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Hello again, guys.
My mom had problems with me pm-ing my cell number to to people I've met over the internet as well as going to a tournament hosted at somebody's house whom I have met over the internet. I daresay I can't really blame her. Only my own stupidity. (Forgive me when I say in classic Mormon that I feel a little edgey around people who use the word "****" to describe a victory)

So...
I've researched a little bit on my own and found that there are tournaments at McDonald's in SL, but I can't find exact dates or locations. Anyone who can tell me where they are and when? After I meet you all, I'm sure my parents will be fine with me headed out to tournaments like MA. Which, btw, I am so sorry I missed.
So location and date of any tournament NOT held at somebody's house, and I can come at play you all (I look forward to facing Dai-a one day; he sounds like a really fun match-up!).
The Mc tourny's aren't happening anymore you missed the times for that, good times i tosses my food in the Mcbathroom.

Those play-n-trade tourneys are actually at 5:00 on thursdays but usually start a little late if we're expecting someone else to show up.

It's located off the draper exit right after the bangater highway. (Exit 291 I think) You take a right off the exit, pass through one light and then the next light you turn left into a shopping plaza. Play n trade is right there.

Anonano, If you want, I could give you a ride and your parents can meet me if they want to.. :)

Edit: haha six people posted in the time it took me to reply to hunter's post. They covered pretty much everything I said.
The people we normaly wait for is Hunter because he is so **** fun to hang with and Kenny because for some reason we don't wanta win.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
It probably won't help if you shower, as you're not the one who needs to shower... :laugh:
As for the "music dance craze" that you are talking about, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then I think that your thinking is correct. Are you thinking this: Hare Hare Yukai Dance?

EDIT:
And if you want to know, being the nerd that I am, I can do this dance. And being the perfectionist that I am, I can do this better than most (most as in 99+% of the population...). And what's with my one change in avatar causing so much talk. It's true that I haven't changed it in 2.5 years, but still.
LOL PC I Totaly can not see you dancing....

C!Z

Smash Lord
I don't even know where you're hosting Melee tournaments. If I knew, I'd try to go.
They're held at my house which is about 2400 s Redwood road(1700 w).

LOL PC I Totaly can not see you dancing....

LMAO!! Me either!! I've known PC longer too. Even if I did see it I don't know if I could hold back the laughter no matter how good at it you were. If you did do it though, I would respect the balls it took to do it in front of people.

So I know we changed the date so more people could come but that doesn't mean there wasn't some people that would've gone, that's why I asked if people wanted to. I'd be happy with just Ken n Yaz comin by ;)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
... If you did do it though, I would respect the balls it took to do it in front of people...
I plan on doing to at Anime Banzai this year...and cosplay (as Kyon, for those of you who know who that is [Minato, I'm looking at you!])...
That's right! I'm taking nerdiness to the next level... (At least it's a pretty normal costume compared to some others...)

PS: I guess I should reveal why I said the two characters in Minato's and my avatar are the same person, for those that don't know (I'm know Minato does for sure). I did not mean the characters themselves are litterally the same person; the character in Minato's avatar,
Konata Izumi, and the character in my avatar, Haruhi Suzumiya, is voiced, both in Japanese and in English, by the same voice actresses (Aya Hirano / Wendee Lee). Just a little anime-related trivia (and I know C!Z doesn't really like anime). Also, about the "God" comment: that is also true, as Minato has confirmed it.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I plan on doing to at Anime Banzai this year...and cosplay (as Kyon, for those of you who know who that is [Minato, I'm looking at you!])...
That's right! I'm taking nerdiness to the next level... (At least it's a pretty normal costume compared to some others...)
It's only nerdy if you let the shirtless guys painted in 2 colors at football games (or people who do nothing but work then go home and do nothing is the other extreme) tell you that it's nerdy. Otherwise, it's just having fun being a fan :).

(omg I almost missed the comma after "otherwise" o_o)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kyon, huh? Maybe I should be Koizumi then... Just kidding.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This is a list everbody that was on at 10:41 on thursday Setember 11th. Thats how board i am.

Most users ever online was 4,206, 03-10-2008 at 04:55 PM.
"Enter big list of names here."
I did a rough estimate of the amount in that list, by multiplying the row number by the number of names in the first row (so 20x13=260), and that's no where close to 4206.

Kyon, huh? Maybe I should be Koizumi then... Just kidding.
Yes, totally! Actually, I don't care if you cosplay or not, I just want you to come.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I appreciate your offer to shower, Harp.
Just met DRyu at school, (I'm at lunch right now at my home, why I'm on) he's kinda cool.
Think I can trash him at Brawl and Melee, though ;)
Well, we'll see next Thursday at Draper, then.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I did a rough estimate of the amount in that list, by multiplying the row number by the number of names in the first row (so 20x13=260), and that's no where close to 4206.

thats saying the most ever on not that there were that many on today the most people ever on was when the roster was anounced and all that stuff.

I might actually be at the tourney by 5 today.
Woot that means I get to see final extra long

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
lol...I was searching my name cause thats how i find out if anyone is talking about me...and this thread came up...lol...anyway whats up utah smashers?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
lol your the second guy to do that, I just posted a list a page back of everyone that was on today at 10:40 our time and you poped up. Working on tournies to see whats going on.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...Otherwise, it's just having fun being a fan :).
(omg I almost missed the comma after "otherwise" o_o)
LOL I almost had you! :p

lol Well I'll be there and hopefully I get to see it! I'll also hafta defend my title from last year. PC ;)
Would you still go if it's Brawl, and not Melee?

Here's what the game room at Anime Banzai will have this year:
12 outlets = 12 systems and TVs.
2 DDR - hardpads games.
2 Wii - Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Sports, Wii Play, possibly others. (Seriously? I doubt anyone would want to take out the Brawl disc to play something like Wii Sports... But since they have "possibly others" I should suggest lending them a copy of Melee to annoy them, again...and possibly get me kicked out. LOL)
4 PS2s - DBZ, Naruto, possibly some fighters (SNK, Capcom, other 2D fighters)
2 360's - Guitar Hero 3(These may be the ps2 version of the game, depending on system availability)
2 PC's - Stupid stuff...

Ew, I'm not going to New Mexico.
LOL Exactly! Saying that NM's scene is dying wouldn't make people (especially Xsyven, who is already deprived of human players) want to come...

lol...I was searching my name cause thats how i find out if anyone is talking about me...and this thread came up...lol...anyway whats up utah smashers?
Every time I try to do the same think for my screen name, results such as "This tournament's organization was PERFECT." or "There was too much CHAOS at this tournament." comes up. :(

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Every time I try to do the same think for my screen name, results such as "This tournament's organization was PERFECT." or "There was too much CHAOS at this tournament." comes up. :(

hah, well that probably means your a good tourney organizer!

I just get stuff about topics ive (ussually) posted in and someone eles was talking about me or something...I dont subscribe to threads, I just use the search button and put my user name...lol.

Sada

Smash Cadet
So, there is going to be Brawl at Anime Banzai. Where did you get the information from PC? They hadn't updated the site the last time I looked.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's on their forum. The Brawl tournament is planned to be at 2 PM on October 25, but it's not confirmed, yet (nothing is really confirmed at this moment, as they haven't come up with a schedule, yet).

Sada

Smash Cadet
I'll be there both days for other stuff, but Brawl is part of my plans.

How many people in the Utah scene still play Melee? I'm considering picking it up again.

C!Z

Smash Lord
This is all I have to say:

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
Oscar Wilde
Haha too good and true.

I'll be there both days for other stuff, but Brawl is part of my plans.

How many people in the Utah scene still play Melee? I'm considering picking it up again.
I'd say about 15... But the only thing you'll do is make it larger. Plus our Melee scene is pretty decent now and only getting better. So there's lots to learn and enjoy!

Sada

Smash Cadet
C!Z said:
I'd say about 15... But the only thing you'll do is make it larger. Plus our Melee scene is pretty decent now and only getting better. So there's lots to learn and enjoy!
Awesome. I start practicing for the MA tourney next week. I might be as bad as ___ for a while. Just kidding, ___.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll consider going to Anime Banzai. Still don't know though. And where does the site mention Brawl? All I see is the cosplay Brawl event.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the stickied topic.
EDIT2: Hey FTS, since they want suggestions for 2D fighters we should suggest Third Strike.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
I have one thing to say:

"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." --
Arnold Schwarzenegger

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'll consider going to Anime Banzai. Still don't know though. And where does the site mention Brawl? All I see is the cosplay Brawl event.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the stickied topic.
EDIT2: Hey FTS, since they want suggestions for 2D fighters we should suggest Third Strike.
Yeah, we should ^_^. I wouldn't go for brawl. If they have 3rd Strike then I would most likely go, and do other things too.

C!Z

Smash Lord
So why are people afraid to play friendlies? Isn't that how you get better? I was a little disappointed in people not wanting to play cuz they think they weren't good enough :ohwell:

vazor

Smash Apprentice
So why are people afraid to play friendlies? Isn't that how you get better? I was a little disappointed in people not wanting to play cuz they didn't think weren't good enough :ohwell:
Because they're not good enough and they've had too many people who are mad or bored playing against them. Being 1 on 1 can be intimidating, too, unless there's an invitation.

Top Bottom