• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I will play some brawl with you. I have no problem with that, but I don't take brawl seriously anymore as I really don't like the game. But I sure would like to give you a small taste of what you will see at tourneys. However, I suggest you pick up melee because it is the next big game and I would have no problem helping you with basics.
Ok, i'd like to learn, I just had trouble with wavedashing and lcanceling all the time and things like that. I'll play but you'll probably **** me:). You think melee is still going to be played on a regular basis? if it is then i'll definitely look into it.

lengeta

Smash Ace
It looks like the majority of the veterans in Utah are slowly moving back to Melee, but Brawl is still going to be what brings anyone new in since it's the newer game. I seriously think if the two were mixed just right, it would be the perfect game and the universe would be swallowed up into a time paradox, and we'd all just play Brelee for eternity. Noobs would call it "the Celestial Kingdom" or "heaven incarnate," those of us who are smarter would just call it "life."

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Dude... Brelee tournaments ftw.

HAY GUYS, since I'm lame and live in Southern Utah, I've grown to like Brawl more than Melee. See what happens when no one comes to visit me? :( I have to play online.

C!Z

Smash Lord
sometimes i wish that was true but i really really hate peach in melee. she is the wife of satan

Well when life brings you the Wife of Satan all you need is............................ Sheik :laugh:

So all this talk of people liking Melee but no one shows up to play :ohwell: Anybody think a Fest this Saturday instead of MA sound like a good idea?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace

Well when life brings you the Wife of Satan all you need is............................ Sheik :laugh:

So all this talk of people liking Melee but no one shows up to play :ohwell: Anybody think a Fest this Saturday instead of MA sound like a good idea?
I'm not sure if that's a good idea because most people are busy that day, including me. Remember that's the reason were not having a MA on the 13.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Some day far in the future someone will homebrew/emulate these two games into one. This is what it should be called, haha.

I can't wait for 2017 when Super Smash Bros Ultimate Pack comes out and they have all the previous ones in one game. O_O

lawl

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Brelee...I'm thinking something more like...
Let's see, there was:
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee (or Battle Royal)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (or X)

So if a fourth one comes out (probably around around 2013), it could be something like:
Super Smash Bros. Fray/Clash

And then the combined one you're talking about should totally be called:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny! :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL I can't believe you barely noticed. I made it subtle to see if anyone would notice, and with the talk about how I'm having sig problems, I guess it got you to take a closer look.

Anyway, the reflection is of Sonic's grinning face:

BTW, it's the eye of "Perfect Chaos" from the Sonic franchise, FYI.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I don't even know where you're hosting Melee tournaments. If I knew, I'd try to go.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

HAY GUYS, since I'm lame and live in Southern Utah, I've grown to like Brawl more than Melee. See what happens when no one comes to visit me? :( I have to play online.
NMs scene is dying :(

don't worry nobody visits me anymore, and i do online :(

Xsyven, lets hangout some time, K?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hello again, guys.
My mom had problems with me pm-ing my cell number to to people I've met over the internet as well as going to a tournament hosted at somebody's house whom I have met over the internet. I daresay I can't really blame her. Only my own stupidity. (Forgive me when I say in classic Mormon that I feel a little edgey around people who use the word "****" to describe a victory)

So...
I've researched a little bit on my own and found that there are tournaments at McDonald's in SL, but I can't find exact dates or locations. Anyone who can tell me where they are and when? After I meet you all, I'm sure my parents will be fine with me headed out to tournaments like MA. Which, btw, I am so sorry I missed.
So location and date of any tournament NOT held at somebody's house, and I can come at play you all (I look forward to facing Dai-a one day; he sounds like a really fun match-up!).

-Final-

Aria♪
Hello again, guys.
My mom had problems with me pm-ing my cell number to to people I've met over the internet as well as going to a tournament hosted at somebody's house whom I have met over the internet. I daresay I can't really blame her. Only my own stupidity. (Forgive me when I say in classic Mormon that I feel a little edgey around people who use the word "****" to describe a victory)

So...
I've researched a little bit on my own and found that there are tournaments at McDonald's in SL, but I can't find exact dates or locations. Anyone who can tell me where they are and when? After I meet you all, I'm sure my parents will be fine with me headed out to tournaments like MA. Which, btw, I am so sorry I missed.
So location and date of any tournament NOT held at somebody's house, and I can come at play you all (I look forward to facing Dai-a one day; he sounds like a really fun match-up!).
Come to the draper playntrade tourneys on thursdays at 5:30 P.M. if you want more tourneys. Those are like the only ones I go to. If you want directions, www.playntrade.com probably has them.

I really should go to other tourneys...

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
God!

....seriously.
EDIT: I'm being eccentric right now, so I will further increase the confusion with this statement: She's the same person as the one in Minato's avatar.
Calm down pc! lol dude its so cool you know how to do math! whats the biggest problem you can do in your head?

Hello again, guys.

So...
Yeah I remember, im so happy you could get back on! :) and hey since we both go to the same school maybe we could meet tomorrow in the morning/lunch!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I generally hang out in the commons, maybe be the wolf statue/drinking fountains around 7:30 (I have to go to a choir early morning anyways). I have a Ballroom Team jacket, has Anonano on it so you can't really miss me. :)
So if we could meet then tomorrow, that'd be cool.

Final63, I can't get the Play'N'Trade site to show any local events, in Orem or in Draper. :p Aside from Halo nationals.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I generally hang out in the commons, maybe be the wolf statue/drinking fountains around 7:30 (I have to go to a choir early morning anyways). I have a Ballroom Team jacket, has Anonano on it so you can't really miss me. :)
So if we could meet then tomorrow, that'd be cool.

Final63, I can't get the Play'N'Trade site to show any local events, in Orem or in Draper. :p Aside from Halo nationals.
Haha ok sweet! and yeah i'll see if i can find you tomorrow, ill be wearing a black jacket probably and If i cant seem to spot you then ill give you a call on your cell phone since im sure i still have it.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh, is there a specific Saturday (like 3rd every month) that they do it or something?

I know where the play'n'trade is in Orem at least, came upon it by absolute accident two weeks ago. :p

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Calm down pc! lol dude its so cool you know how to do math! whats the biggest problem you can do in your head?
Everything I said in that post is true. And you can't really consider certain math problems bigger than others just by size or something, so I can't really answer that.

...Final63, I can't get the Play'N'Trade site to show any local events, in Orem or in Draper. :p Aside from Halo nationals.
Draper, Utah (The tournament is on every Thursday in the evening. At 5 PM, I think.)

ADDRESS

• 219 East 12300 S Suite 14, , Draper
  • Utah, 84020, United States of America
PHONE

OPENING HOURS

Mon-Sat 10a-9p

Orem, Utah

ADDRESS

• 160 East University Parkway Suite G, , Orem
  • Utah, 84058, United States of America
PHONE

(801)655-2242
OPENING HOURS

Mon-Sat 10a-9p

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
every thursday theres a PNT tournament. so if you want, when i meet you tomorrow i can tell you about it and then maybe me and ken neth can come and meet your mom so she can be cool about it:)
We'll just wait 'til the first tournament to actually "meet" and all.

I won't come to this weeks tournament, but I'll see if I can't come to next Thursday's one.
Sweet...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Those play-n-trade tourneys are actually at 5:00 on thursdays but usually start a little late if we're expecting someone else to show up.

It's located off the draper exit right after the bangater highway. (Exit 291 I think) You take a right off the exit, pass through one light and then the next light you turn left into a shopping plaza. Play n trade is right there.

Anonano, If you want, I could give you a ride and your parents can meet me if they want to.. :)

Edit: haha six people posted in the time it took me to reply to hunter's post. They covered pretty much everything I said.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
If I'm still in the early morning then I won't answer (Duh), so that's your cue that I'm not out yet.

So I just cleared things with my Mom, she's going with me to the tournament at Play'N'Trade NEXT Thursday, but doesn't want me to go alone to this one (meeting people over the internet still stands as a bad thing).
I guess I'll hope to see you all there, then!
...Now I won't spend hours obsessively playing SSBB on my own... *twitchtwitch*

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Gotta go get ready for tomorrow (Get to meet BIG BUDDA for National Honor Society during 1st period :) ) so see you tommorrow, DR, and the rest of you at Draper.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's located off the draper exit right after the bangater highway. (Exit 291 I think) You take a right off the exit, pass through one light and then the next light you turn left into a shopping plaza. Play n trade is right there...
He means I-15, not Bangater Highway.

EDIT: Never mind, I misread it.

EDIT 2: Anonano, it's the 12300 S exit, FYI.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
isnt it that girl from the one music dance craze or something i've seen her before, but i can't recall the name

but as to the whole playntrade thing with you ano,
first off glad you can come to it i look forward to meeting you! if you know Dryu then you must be cool

second i understand the whole thing with the parents not wanting you too come to tourneys held in shady characters basements, i totally dreaded asking my parents for permission (yep im lds too) so hopefully we can make things more comfortable for your parents and understand its just like going to a friends house to play some games

and i promise i will shower to help out things

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
isnt it that girl from the one music dance craze or something i've seen her before, but i can't recall the name...and i promise i will shower to help out things
It probably won't help if you shower, as you're not the one who needs to shower... :laugh:
As for the "music dance craze" that you are talking about, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then I think that your thinking is correct. Are you thinking this: Hare Hare Yukai Dance?

EDIT:
And if you want to know, being the nerd that I am, I can do this dance. And being the perfectionist that I am, I can do this better than most (most as in 99+% of the population...). And what's with my one change in avatar causing so much talk. It's true that I haven't changed it in 2.5 years, but still.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
It probably won't help if you shower, as you're not the one who needs to shower... :laugh:
As for the "music dance craze" that you are talking about, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then I think that your thinking is correct. Are you thinking this: Hare Hare Yukai Dance?

EDIT:
And if you want to know, being the nerd that I am, I can do this dance. And being the perfectionist that I am, I can do this better than most (most as in 99+% of the population...). And what's with my one change in avatar causing so much talk. It's true that I haven't changed it in 2.5 years, but still.
ha im taking the shower comment as a compliment, i got invited just barely to the WoTLK beta just barely, and yes PC that is what im thinking of, the only name that came to my head was caramelldesan or whatever

Top Bottom