• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So why are people afraid to play friendlies? Isn't that how you get better? I was a little disappointed in people not wanting to play cuz they didn't think weren't good enough :ohwell:
I'm not afraid of friendlies. Obviously I lost my Melee skills because of Brawl though. Looking forward to some Melee to get my skills back.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Because they're not good enough and they've had too many people who are mad or bored playing against them. Being 1 on 1 can be intimidating, too, unless there's an invitation.
Well I can understand that, I guess I'm just different. When I first started I wanted to play as many good people as I could as much as I could(ask PC lol)! Well just so everybody knows I don't mind playin people who aren't on the same play level, I've been there I feel your pain lol.

C!Z is here to help the Melee scene so don't be afraid to play or ask questions especially!

LOL at S@ge n Slave! I love Melee but I definitely would not wanna be stuck playin Peach or Mewtwo all day! I'd be havin the other pick up other characters...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Omfg?
The Utah thread now?
>_> Oh, thats why my name appeared here...the who's online list...
hmm...
SUP UTAH?
-DD

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When I first started I wanted to play as many good people as I could as much as I could(ask PC lol)!
Indeed he did. Every time we talk via IM, he would say, "want to play some Smash," or something along those lines. He said it so often that I got into the habit of simply telling him if I want to play or not before he even asks when I start a conversation with him. LOL

Omfg?
The Utah thread now?
>_> Oh, thats why my name appeared here...the who's online list...
hmm...
SUP UTAH?
-DD
Hm, that makes #3. Now we know how to attract people's attention. So if we ever need OoS to take a look at our thread(s), we'll just post a giant list of names. (Like it we ever host a big tournament that we want OoS to know of, we'll have a big list of names at the end of the first post. LOL)

Also, for a moment there, looking at your avatar, DarkDragoon, I thought slave changed his avatar to that (probably after catching the SUU syndrome)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> That better be one huge *** tournament for CTers to go all the way out to Utah.
>:O I made this avatar all by myself.
No one better as hell take it.

-DD

vazor

Smash Apprentice
C!Z I'll be sure to come over and get schooled in Melee next week. :)

Thanks Minato and Korn for teaming up with me and letting me play yesterday.

I will definitely be there for Anime Banzai- I've played in their Smash tourneys since they started. It's gonna be crazy this year for me, with cosplay and AMVs and a video game industry panel I'm running... :dizzy:

C!Z

Smash Lord
C!Z I'll be sure to come over and get schooled in Melee next week. :)
:

Just practice up til then, then I'll watch you play and let you know what you can add to your game.

Just like to add a side note that Ken is a beast at Brawl! lol You need to come by this weekend! Bring that cute curly haired girl you're always hangin out with too hahahaha :laugh:

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace

Just practice up til then, then I'll watch you play and let you know what you can add to your game.

Just like to add a side note that Ken is a beast at Brawl! lol You need to come by this weekend! Bring that cute curly haired girl you're always hangin out with too hahahaha :laugh:
lol fine c!z, dont mention me:( and haha what girl!? I didn't see her!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
C!Z, if you're going to the Draper tournament next Thursday I'd love to play you in friendlies (Brawl and Melee, if they even have Melee). I'd like to get my game to the MAX (What's that Wolf quote? POWER OVER 9000!!!) so playing as many good people as possible is my priority.
You know you're bored with CPU's when you've mastered 9 different characters and are working on 4 more. :p You also know you're bored when you already have over 400 hours of play time on Brawl, alone. (600 on Melee). I'll go double-check the Brawl hour count.

And FYI, after I've met you people at the Play'N'Trade tournament I'm sure my mom will be fine with going to home-hosted tournaments as well as just going out to play. Even more chance to play you all! :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not to mention that Melee and Brawl have terrible CPUs for a fighting game...

Next PnT tournament, I should jump around when I play like FP. Maybe then I can Z grab well again with ICs.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I would kill myself if I played a game that much alone. I can't stand playing video games by myself or even with other people.
It's actually 200 hours combined with other people (only about 75 on my own, lol). The game has been turned on for 384 hours, meaning all those times when I've gone to do something and forgotten about the game for several hours are really adding up. And waiting for online matches.

I have about 600 combined hours on Melee too, now that I actually checked what it means. I probably did around 250 hours on my own. Which, I agree with DRyu, is way to much for any sane person.

Although I've never considered myself sane, so that shouldn't be a problem.

C!Z

Smash Lord
lol fine c!z, dont mention me:( and haha what girl!? I didn't see her!
LOL obviously you didn't get that joke ;)
C!Z, if you're going to the Draper tournament next Thursday I'd love to play you in friendlies (Brawl and Melee, if they even have Melee). I'd like to get my game to the MAX
Yeah I'll most likely be there. We just bring our own Melee discs and they let us play on the extra cube or any of our own Wii's.
Thanks :) I'm not sure if I'll be able to come this weekend. If I can though, I will be there for sure.

Hahahaha

Like my new sig?
All right I guess I'll just wait to hear from ya. The new sig suits you very well! Anybody else who would want to come by to play is welcome to as well. FYI it'll probably be Melee only(Brawl gets enough time from everything else lol).

harpuia190

Smash Ace
k guys big news!

so mike got a call today from like the owner of playntrade because he saw the flyer about mikes tourney. So he called up mike and said hey! we would like to have you do your tourneys at the draper playntrade!

so me and mike went today and talked with him and basically it would be just the same as a regular stater tourney just it would be at a playntrade, the guy was reaaly chill about it and are willing to cater to us sooooo
me and mike need to know what you guys think about this? would you still come and everything?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd probably still come. But PnT means playing while standing so I better bring a chair or something...

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
k guys big news!

so mike got a call today from like the owner of playntrade because he saw the flyer about mikes tourney. So he called up mike and said hey! we would like to have you do your tourneys at the draper playntrade!

so me and mike went today and talked with him and basically it would be just the same as a regular stater tourney just it would be at a playntrade, the guy was reaaly chill about it and are willing to cater to us sooooo
me and mike need to know what you guys think about this? would you still come and everything?
lol yeah... location doesn't matter at all for me.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm fine with it being at PNT as long as we can have a bunch of chairs there for people to sit on. I really can't stand for that long. I imagine most people would feel the same way.

C!Z

Smash Lord
That many chairs would probably be a problem for a place of business wouldn't it? Also the winner would have to receive store credit to PNT instead of cash which isn't nearly as great. I for one see it as a bad idea.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
nope he already told us if we want to do cash we can, and we have brought chairs into the store before

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
k guys big news!

Ya ill talk about it at the end of the post :) And he wanted me I called you because you worked there before. lol

I'd probably still come. But PnT means playing while standing so I better bring a chair or something...
Ya he said that he is selling the bean bags for $100 not sure if its $100 each or for all 3 they are used after all.

lol yeah... location doesn't matter at all for me.
Thats what I though but for some people the idea of someones basment is a bad thing, but if they come to this they can see what its like and if we are luck come to FTS's thing as well.

mike knows the details better than me, so when he gets on he will explain things better
Ill try but im tired.

That many chairs would probably be a problem for a place of business wouldn't it? Also the winner would have to receive store credit to PNT instead of cash which isn't nearly as great. I for one see it as a bad idea.
It will be cash, and he said that they are putting in a 2 sided couch in the middle to replace the bean bags.

i agree with C!Z

but everyone should see dragon wars. best suckiest piece of **** ever produced.

i love it.
Holly **** did my little slave just say **** or is someone else on his account I think its kohl, or marcus because he is going through withdrawls. You finally saw it lol that was something we were going to do :( now all i can do is tell you to grow a fro, what was your fav part?

If the store isn't receiving any credit or anything then why are they so anxious to host it?
They are still wanting a house cut but all prizes will be in cash or however we (or i if i get power hunger :) ) want it.

Now let me tell you a story... I was sitting on the couch as my mom and gf talked about stuff and things, as i get a call from a # i didn't know it was Roby the PnT owner!! I ended up talking to him for a bit and the main points that I wanta point out are:
1) when ever I want I can use the store for tournies as long as i give them notice! :)
2) The story will stay open until our tournies are done as long as we get a good turn out and know one steals stuff, I told him how the tournies we have now go from about 12-11 at least.
3) They have a few more wii's that we can use + if people who bring theres to FTS's also bring them here we can fill there 7+ TV's easy, leaving more time for other tounies and friendly's.
4) Hook us up with free pizza from accross the street, thats kinda from me and him.
5) He said he has connections to the owner of the movie therter on redwood, and could get us in to use the HUGE screens if we did big tournies with other states.
6) Its a great way for us to get more people into competitive gaming not just Brawl but any game, because they'll see and hear about it easier. Those of you who went to the melee ones they had back in the day saw 30+ people because it was well advertised, so once this takes off it should be big.
7) I kick ***.

The main thing I need to know is why some of us go to MA and said that they could show for my thing but don't come to the PnT is it because of it being on Thursday and that doesn't work well with school and work? Because I can change the date, he said that we could even have the place on Sundays, but I don't think we would have a big enough turn out if we did them then. FYI every other state I have seen has there weekies or state tournies on Sundays. :(

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234

LOL at S@ge n Slave! I love Melee but I definitely would not wanna be stuck playin Peach or Mewtwo all day! I'd be havin the other pick up other characters...
LoL that is totaly what is happening slave is picking up any high tier ***** he can get his hands on and I am picking up pretty much just random people like luigi and g&w and Link

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Sorry for the double post but seriously
DRAGON WARS
The worst yet greatest movie of all time!!!!!
The best part is where the guy gets hit by the car TWICE

slave1

Smash Lord
funniest movie ever. everyone should watch dragon wars. and mike i did not actually type anything i just did this ****. i let your minds wonder. that movie sucks so bad. but you have so much fun watching it.

yay for for being a high tier *****. fox and falco are the foshizzle. and captain falcon is fun. but mewtwo is still way sexy. DJC is still friggen hard.

Top Bottom