• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...Whats the Tourny of Fate? If its the PnT tournies, then don't answer that...
They are not talking about the Thursday ones. It'll be on a Saturday, but it'll be held at the Draper PnT. CLICK HERE for the tournament details.

MM's can be any amount of money from $1+...
Well, there is not rule or regulation that says a money match needs to be at least $1. I've seen 50 cent MMs used to split odd dollar amounts given as prizes in teams. The only rule of MMs is that both players must agree to the rules of the match(es).

wangston

Smash Lord
A few questions about the tourney of fate

1. Is it the same PnT as the Thursday tournaments?
2. How many setups and will they have everything unlocked?
3. Will there be chairs? stools would be better because those tv's where at eye level when standing.
4. Are they going to cover up those windows in the front because that sun is really bright?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If you would have read my post (the one right before yours), you would know the answer to your first question. As for the other questions, some of those subjects are covered in the discussion of the topic that I linked in said post (so click it and read it). Those issues are currently being dealt with.

PS: The Utah Thread actually has a lot of discussion on the chairs/stools and setups situation (which it shouldn't...but it does, for some reason), so reading back a few pages would do you some good, too.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
What he means, is a large tournament where, for example, the crews and doubles portion will be done one day, and singles would be during the other day. Many big tournaments that get hundreds of participants are like this, since it'll be nearly impossible to finish everything in one day.
If we had 100's of people then i bet so, but it would have to be something where we invite other states to come and have a huge thing, in that case I would like to use the theater on redwood that he said he can get.

Sorry if I misstated "gambling."
What I was trying to say was (is, I guess) that I won't spend money on something I can't do. If I can't beat you guys, and it's clear that I won't ever match you, then I won't continue coming. I'm not saying, "Waah, I lost bad and I just want to give up now," I'm saying "Gosh those guys destroyed me completely, I could never reach that level of play!"

Although it's gonna take a few tries for sure to see if that is the way things are. :) From the various levels of self-deprecation on this thread (DRyu and Harp), I think even if I don't get first I'll have some rivals to work towards beating.
If Ken is right, then I should expect to be thrashed at PnT (Hopefully I have a little more grit than that, but words are no substitute for 100's of hours of practice, eh?). But I'll keep coming even if I lose in the first round-- since I recall some sort of discussion about seeding the tournaments so that low level players face the top level ones.

Ghosting the forums is fun. People are kind of like, "when the heck did you know about that?" ;)
You pay a fee to do anything, its worth it and your first tourny odds are you wont do good because: You'll be nerves as hell, and playing with some of the top players in Utah after you have come to a few then it gets really goo.

I have one thing to say:

"Being in Southern Utah is making S@G3 bizarre."
Me

See...now THAT means that "I have one thing to say"; when you quote someone else, you're really not saying anything. :p
Good old PC.

This place moves too fast for me to reply to anything before it moves to a new subject.

Whats the Tourny of Fate? If its the PnT tournies, then don't answer that.

Saturdays work for me.
It was a tourny that was going to be at my place but with PnT asking me to do it there I couldn't say no.

A few questions about the tourney of fate

1. Is it the same PnT as the Thursday tournaments? Bigger and on the 27th this time.
2. How many setups and will they have everything unlocked? we ill have to bring our own wii's but they will bring some too, if they don't have everything unlocked i can copy data from mine, or Pc's if they want every trophy and sticker
3. Will there be chairs? stools would be better because those tv's where at eye level when standing. Ill e-mail the guy and see what he says
4. Are they going to cover up those windows in the front because that sun is really bright? Im going to talk to them about that too
Also lets move this over to the tourny of Fate thread so things are more focused.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If we had 100's of people then i bet so, but it would have to be something where we invite other states to come and have a huge thing, in that case I would like to use the theater on redwood that he said he can get.
Generally, multi-day tournaments with hundreds of players always include OoS player, so I didn't mention OoS players since it was implied (but I guess I should have mentioned it).

1. Is it the same PnT as the Thursday tournaments? Bigger and on the 27th this time.
2. How many setups and will they have everything unlocked? we ill have to bring our own wii's but they will bring some too, if they don't have everything unlocked i can copy data from mine, or Pc's if they want every trophy and sticker
By the way he worded it, I think he was wondering if it was at the same place as the one on Thursdays or not (which I previously answered that it was the Draper one, before he even asked), and not if it was just the same tourny but moved to Saturday.
I don't have all trophies and stickers...I just have all challenges accomplished (the challenge of getting all trophies and getting all stickers were broken by Dai-A/Gojira using my hammers). And how can you copy Brawl game data from one Wii to another? (The game does not allow you to copy or transfer it to an SD Card.)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Generally, multi-day tournaments with hundreds of players always include OoS player, so I didn't mention OoS players since it was implied (but I guess I should have mentioned it).

By the way he worded it, I think he was wondering if it was at the same place as the one on Thursdays or not (which I previously answered that it was the Draper one, before he even asked), and not if it was just the same tourny but moved to Saturday.
I don't have all trophies and stickers...I just have all challenges accomplished (the challenge of getting all trophies and getting all stickers were broken by Dai-A/Gojira using my hammers). And how can you copy Brawl game data from one Wii to another? (The game does not allow you to copy or transfer it to an SD Card.)
I saw someone do it once, but he did have the twilight hack on his SD card so that might be why, we'll see if they don't then anyone who plays someone that they don't have unlocked can play on another wii, same would go with stages.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey Anonano, where did you see that video of me and Crea playin?
I'll post when it here when I find it again.

EDIT: Well there are a few on FTS's Youtube page, but not the particular 1v1 of you two. The rest are, like, 2v2's or you playing Samus against Gojira. So I'll keep looking.

FOUND IT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWyU-V089M4
...Only you were fox and CREA was Falco, lol. Oops. :)

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'll post when it here when I find it again.

EDIT: Well there are a few on FTS's Youtube page, but not the particular 1v1 of you two. The rest are, like, 2v2's or you playing Samus against Gojira. So I'll keep looking.

FOUND IT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWyU-V089M4
...Only you were fox and CREA was Falco, lol. Oops. :)
Haha that's what I thought. I couldn't remember any vids of our Falco dittos bein posted. Burr does have some pretty cute Chicken moves lol

Wow those vids of my Samus playin Zack are so old! lol It's funny to look back on those times.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yeah, I noticed the dates on them. Most of those are two or three years old.
The red link beating Gojira and two other guys (Utah vs Colorado Crews battle 1/3 or something) was the funniest, since he was like a slightly improved version of myself.
X, the red link there was essentially an improved version of me at my best (I was almost as good at my best, but playing Melee for the first time in 5 months--two weeks ago-- showed me that I am not nearly as good as I was before, let alone his level).
Yeah, I do think I'm pretty good at both Brawl and Melee, but I definitely need work on both (Brawl because the stupid CPU's have finally started deteriorating my style, Melee because I haven't played in ages).
Melee is definitely my best, but I haven't faced any Brawl players my level so I wouldn't know how to combo anything but the CPUs anyway. I like Brawl better though. :p

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Aaah!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I will be in Utah on October 25... with nothing to do!

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Meh, mike... may i make a suggestion? Or rather a plea? So for me at least... I wont be making many tourneys if they're going to be on saturdays... the u's marching band almost has a monopoly on my weekends for performances that i cant miss/skip.

So, if it works with other people, would it be possible to do your tourney on a friday perhaps?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I will be in Utah on October 25... with nothing to do!
HOLY CRAP! Buzz is ALIVE!! HE's ALIIIIIIIVVVEEEE!!!

I shall not! It was the perfect thing to say.
Um, I think it's his message that was too short. Your post included a quote, so it exceeded the 10-character minimum. His original post was "Aaah!", so the forum's system gave him that message, and he simply added that to the end of his post as a way to make it longer. LOL

Oct 25 might be a good day for MA8 :p
October 25 is the day of Anime Banzai... :( If Buzz wants, he can go to the anime convention and play dozens of random people. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
October 25 is the day of Anime Banzai... :( If Buzz wants, he can go to the anime convention and play dozens of random people. ;)
Hmm... I wouldn't be totally against this. What rule set do they use? How many of you guys will be going?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Uggh, I can't make any of these tournaments all the way out there(no car):(.
Can't you go with Gojira and however he's goin?

Why is it that the only other Melee player in Salt Lake doesn't like playin singles :ohwell: Utah County needs to move up here asap!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey C!Z, I'm trying to get back my old Melee skills so I don't get 3/4 stocked by you next time. My Marth and Falcon were terrible at Play and Trade. I really want to play Melee again.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Meh, mike... may i make a suggestion? Or rather a plea? So for me at least... I wont be making many tourneys if they're going to be on saturdays... the u's marching band almost has a monopoly on my weekends for performances that i cant miss/skip.

So, if it works with other people, would it be possible to do your tourney on a friday perhaps?
What ever day gets people.

C!Z

Smash Lord

Um, I think it's his message that was too short. Your post included a quote, so it exceeded the 10-character minimum. His original post was "Aaah!", so the forum's system gave him that message, and he simply added that to the end of his post as a way to make it longer. LOL
Even if you quote someone you still need a 10 char minimum.
Hey C!Z, I'm trying to get back my old Melee skills so I don't get 3/4 stocked by you next time. My Marth and Falcon were terrible at Play and Trade. I really want to play Melee again.
Sweet! Yeah don't sweat it man, I don't judge people from playin them only a couple times. I'll help ya out with whatever ya want, ya just hafta ask.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Even if you quote someone you still need a 10 char minimum.
PC was right about what I intended by that post, you fail. :p

A smashfest for BUZZ!!! sounds cool, but with my work conflicts right now I only know that I'm going to Thursday's PnT trade for sure. Anything else, including this Saturday, is completely in question for me.
So my schedule is really weird right now. See me Thursday, who knows when next? :confused:

Junpappy

Smash Lord
PC was right about what I intended by that post, you fail. :p

A smashfest for BUZZ!!! sounds cool, but with my work conflicts right now I only know that I'm going to Thursday's PnT trade for sure. Anything else, including this Saturday, is completely in question for me.
So my schedule is really weird right now. See me Thursday, who knows when next? :confused:
Bring your melee skills to PnT and we'll see how good you are ;)

Top Bottom