• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Dai-A ummmm i don't remember us fighting at your house...

guys guys i never said layne should run the thread PER SE, i believe he would be great at keeping the thread clean and updated, but we need a panel, not a supreme leader.

What i think we are discussing is who should be on the panel, and there are a few things we should be looking in to when we decide.

1. They should be willing and ready to be active in the Utah smash community and in the discussions
2. They should have a good knowledge of who is in the Utah smash community(or at least the area they are in)
3. They should also have a good knowledge of smash in general (but who here doesn't)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey to any Utah players looking to come:

We need Wiis and TVs. If you can bring either, we'll give you a discount. If you do bring a TV, try to not make it one of those super small ones, as we can only use those for friendlies, in all likelyhood.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hey Hey, sorry I really should be a bit more active on the smash scene as well as smashboards... for the most part ive just been standing back reading the posts.

Anyways... About the panel... sounds like a good Idea, both Rade and Layne have my vote for a spot. But about updating the powerrankings after every tourney? Think about it for a sec...

I wouldnt say do it after EVERY tourney. Too many inconsistencies and random variables are there to make it accurate.

Here's my two cents, for what its worth. Up the number of tourneys used for the power rankings. Say, have another/more mexi aweomes, blah blah blah.
Also, as Rade mentioned before, we're attempting to reinstate the smash tourneys at PnT. Besides the random, usually not too great players who show up (hey, thats how i started), it would incorporate new blood into the smash scene as well as provide another plausible tourney for the rankings. We'll make sure to change the rules so proper formats apply. (Depending on how many people show... me and rade'll figue it out, input is welcome).
That and probly update the rankings after every two... maybe three tourneys. More or less to figure the consistency.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i gota go with the rest of the guys here for Layn on panel.
1. He is fair and seems unbias.
2. Layn didn't you say you were signed up to be a ref for brawl anyway? So he'll have a better understanding.
3. Has keept up so far with the FC codes.

I also think PC should be part of this he knows the game better then most. And is better then most. And like Layn I think he could be fair and unbias.

Lastly I think Rade would be good aswell for many of the same reasons even though he can be kind of a **** some times.

lengeta

Smash Ace
@harpuia:
They were suggesting me to have the first post in the ranking thread so I'd be responsible for keeping it updated, not that I'm a lead panelist or anything like that.

@CorruptFate:
I hopped on board with MLG/GameBattles to be a ref, but they were horrible at running things. They're incredibly busy people, so it's understandable, but I didn't/don't agree with some of the rules. Because it's impossible to ref 2v2s, GB dissolved Brawl refs, and I became a mod. Nice, but shortly there after I got completely fed up with online in general. I'm no longer a GB ref, but yeah... that only give inside to running online ladders with literally several thousands of entrants.

I really wish there was some option on vBulletin to give first post edits to several people, that would be uber nice. I believe PC also had interest in hosting the thread this time around, I imagine he'd be good for it as well.

Also, I think I'll keep posting up those numbers like I did in the rankings thread. I still like having only hard numbers to look at, and I still think it makes a good base, a place to start when deciding rankings.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Ya PC would make a great panelist

OH AND QQ S@G3

and in the interest of representing everyone i would like to recommend one of our lovable mexican buddies either Staz or DRyu IMO

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
you guys cant tell if i was trying or not. I did't even use my main.
2 things noone cares, and like I said before its your own **** fault.:chuckle:

I like the idea of those 3 as the people incharge of the panal we can still have others input on the mater. But those 3 are on a lot and i think they could keep up with it and get a fair idea of who should go where.

Mexi's you guys should have more tornies at your play and us sandy/draper smashers should try to get some going up here too the more going on the more Utah smash can grow and we wont be such a bad state compaired to the rest.

every1 should watch this click "play movie".

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/445123

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Im just saying those 3 for sure but ya your right the more the better. Haveing a wild card so that every1 can voice the opions might work too.

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
I dont understand how you can tell when someone is trying or not in Brawl...the game is really slow either way -_-

Btw, as far as the Melee power rankings goes, how the hell are you supposed to justify creating a final list when:
1) many of the possible candidates became inactive right before Brawl's release. Infact, most of the community became inactive in Melee right before Brawl's release.
2) Dai-A got a first place finish at the last tournament. His highest placement prior to that tournament was 3rd. It wouldn't be fair to assume that PC is better because of his previous placements, but it also wouldn't be fair to assume that Dai-A couldn't be first.
3) the final tournament had results that would have contradicted a list based on the previous tournaments. This creates the same problem as with Dai-A's case.

A list that gets updated after every tournament would only work if the rankings were strictly based on a point system with no mediation so that consistency and other factors dont become an issue when creating the list.
The simple answer to this solution is to start melee up again :)

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
well if we want some more i say we pick FP
The problem of picking FP is that he is leaving on his mission at the begging of August I don't know if he wants to be on the panel you will have to ask him about that.

The simple answer to this solution is to start melee up again :)
And for starting up melee tourneys that would be so fun. I would like to continue brawl but melee is just so fun. How many people would be interested in a melee tourney at my place as a sort of goodby from ME, Slave, and Bruce. Just asking because I will only host it if there will actually be a good turnout.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
:chuckle:It would be nice to see you use that Smash Director status that I got you.:chuckle:

But FTS is right move this to the Utah thread or make a new 1 for torrnies at other place's such as Mexi awsome and What ever you call your's Sage.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
My bad was reading to many threads at once. silly me

I might it depends on who's going and if im busy with school and what not.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
And for starting up melee tourneys that would be so fun. I would like to continue brawl but melee is just so fun. How many people would be interested in a melee tourney at my place as a sort of goodby from ME, Slave, and Bruce. Just asking because I will only host it if there will actually be a good turnout.
Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Is there any smashing going on in Sandy today? Yaz and I will be up there putting in sprinklers this morning but after that we're free. If anything is going on just text me cause i really wanna smash.

Edit: I took my number off. You guys all missed your chances since I know how much you all wanted it :chuckle:

lengeta

Smash Ace
Da**, I work Thursday. I'll see if I can switch or something. Do you have times? And is this a particular PnT, or do they all do it at the same time?

::EDIT::
Also, what are PnT's rules for Brawl. I'm assuming they'll be even worse than they were for Melee.

::EDIT EDIT::
I'll also be posting up some of the videos sometime soon. I'm going to do them in batches. Some will be bigger, some will be smaller. I don't know who everyone playing everyone is, so please let me know what to fill in blank spots with, or if there were any mistakes.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ok, awesome. I now get off work at 4pm, so I should hopefully be able to make it to the PnT tourny. I'll just look directions up on Google Maps or something, and see you guys there hopefully.

Top Bottom