• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Staz

Smash Lord
Mexi Awesome Results

1: kenny the fox
2: Rade
3: DRYU
4: Staz
5: sexy yaz
5: Dai-gAy
7: BRUSSLE SPROUT
7: Lada
9: S@G3
9: W!lD Child
9: Slave2
9: fate
13: X

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
-TO-
Gojira, my Bowser was better than your Bowser in Melee. You weren't good because you were predictable. In a game like Brawl, it only gets worse if you're unable to think.

Still, 3rd Strike is tight, and even if I'm not too hot at it, I will play anyone. That shiz is fun.

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
I'm also contemplating in going to Colorado with the beaner brigade. I want to meet the Interim of Zeal whose posts make me smile inside sometimes.

slave1

Smash Lord
anyways melee is so fun. and brawl is close to it. just cant equal though. anyways it was fun. i dont play enough brawl and i need to work on that. but anyways i have a job interview today. sweet!

Gojira

Smash Lord
-TO-
Gojira, my Bowser was better than your Bowser in Melee. You weren't good because you were predictable. In a game like Brawl, it only gets worse if you're unable to think.

Still, 3rd Strike is tight, and even if I'm not too hot at it, I will play anyone. That shiz is fun.
I was predictable....predictable enough to go toe to toe with "CJ, Ken(no not YOUR ken), Gimpy, Arash, some of the amazing players of canada, and two of Europe's best foxes(Helios, Doraki) as well as one of the best falcos(Joanna Dark)." Helios even gave me the comment "your bowser is fast and aggressive, so long as you were not so predictable, you woudl be very scary". Doraki also said the same thing. Joanna Dark even said I could be much better had I not been so predictable. That was my biggest problem and it kept form from doing even better against those said players. Still, your Bowser would not place higher than mine in tourney nor would your Bowser even do as good as mine did against those said players. So, say your better at brawl and melee all you want....but Do NOT EVEN THINK your Bowser is better than mine.

About me in Brawl I am forcing myself to play differently. I have learned from how I played in melee and vow to actually "think" during my matches, and not make the stupid mistakes I made in Melee. I have already beat people in Utah that I would not have beaten otherwise. Now I am not saying im amazing im just saying im not the same predictable person as I was in Melee.

Finally, when is the exact date of your tourney?(I prefer you just give me a link to all the info) I have always wanted to see SSB64 played at high level and I still would like to enter one last Melee tourney with me using Bowser only. So if the mexican brigade puts a carpool together with layne, I will try my hardest to go with them.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Wtf thinking? Unless its a camping battle you don't need to think. Dash attack Usmash alot, Utilt like its Marth's Fsmash in melee(cause it is but better), grenade all the time, throw in a Nair every once in a while. GG you know how to win as Snake!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
'jira, you were predictable. It made you lose. I didn't play my Bowser in tournament because I wasn't trying to prove that I could not get utterly obliterated by decent players.

You never went "toe to toe" with Ken. Arash didn't even play Melee near the end, and Gimpy got 3 stocked consistently by Yang in MMs. Neither Nite or myself had that happen once. Odd...

Not saying Gimpy wasn't good, he was. He just coudln't beat Yang. Or even get more than one stock off him. Whereas Nite and myself... could?

But Gimpy still did decent against other people, so whatever. You didn't even make it outta pools at OC3, did you?

That was forever ago, though. There's no way we can time travel back and see if I would have done better than you with the exact same match-ups. I will stand by what I said before. You were predictable, and it was your biggest problem. Simna ♥ed my Ness, doesn't mean it was something to write home about.

EDIT: Tournament info here - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4727192#post4727192

Pre-reg here - http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/signupintro.php

Gojira

Smash Lord
'jira, you were predictable. It made you lose. I didn't play my Bowser in tournament because I wasn't trying to prove that I could not get utterly obliterated by decent players.

You never went "toe to toe" with Ken. Arash didn't even play Melee near the end, and Gimpy got 3 stocked consistently by Yang in MMs. Neither Nite or myself had that happen once. Odd...

Not saying Gimpy wasn't good, he was. He just coudln't beat Yang. Or even get more than one stock off him. Whereas Nite and myself... could?

But Gimpy still did decent against other people, so whatever. You didn't even make it outta pools at OC3, did you?

That was forever ago, though. There's no way we can time travel back and see if I would have done better than you with the exact same match-ups. I will stand by what I said before. You were predictable, and it was your biggest problem. Simna ♥ed my Ness, doesn't mean it was something to write home about.

EDIT: Tournament info here - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4727192#post4727192

Pre-reg here - http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/signupintro.php

You don't remember what happened? They cut down the amount of people to make it out of pools. That not only prevented me(I think I woudl have made it out had they not doen that) but some CO players and other utahs players I believe. But johns aside, I did not make it out(although I did second best(Utah wise). And I did go toe to toe with Ken (when he was trying to get the best Bowser ditto title he challenged me)

And about Bowser....again just dont say your bowser is better when overall it is not. And I did go toe to toe with Ken (when he was trying to get the best Bowser ditto title he challenged me =O ) So finally I look forward to playing you sometime so you can help me improve even more because you and Ferdi are the best from CO.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Think ya missed it, Goji, but I'm pretty sure I'll be on vacation to California during this. If I'm not, hell yahz I'm going. I'll let ch'all know when I know 100% sure when I'll be gone.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nah, Tim is a super strong player, too. Same with LoVo and SDSG.

Sorry I was all super trollish, been the week from hell.

I keep forgetting that they ****ed up pools. LoVo and SDSG woulda really done much better than I if they made it out.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Nah, Tim is a super strong player, too. Same with LoVo and SDSG.

Sorry I was all super trollish, been the week from hell.

I keep forgetting that they ****ed up pools. LoVo and SDSG woulda really done much better than I if they made it out.
IoZ if we do come out, I trust you that you will not let this tourney go to hell.

lengeta

Smash Ace
So... power rankings are starting to come in. If you haven't noticed, we have a SouthWest power ranking sticky from AltF4Warrior up now:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176575
We still don't have anything official, just my quick number crunch. We should get to work organizing a panel or whatever it is we're doing this time around.

I'd also like to suggest we be more lenient with Southern Utah tournament attendance as well.

Gojira

Smash Lord
So... power rankings are starting to come in. If you haven't noticed, we have a SouthWest power ranking sticky from AltF4Warrior up now:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176575
We still don't have anything official, just my quick number crunch. We should get to work organizing a panel or whatever it is we're doing this time around.

I'd also like to suggest we be more lenient with Southern Utah tournament attendance as well.
MUHAHAHAHAHA

We should try to get one up, but it depends . . .who wants to help manage it?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We should try to get one up, but it depends . . .who wants to help manage it?
By "manage", do you mean who wants to participate in the panel, or do you mean who wants to run the thread? I'm assuming you mean the former.

And Zack, if you are going to be put in charge of the Power Rankings (i.e. running the thread), again, then you should be prompt when updating it, etc. In Melee, you had a lot of trouble doing that. Oh, and remember to proofread the first post, to make it look better (not like it was splashed together in a couple of minutes, due to all the typos). If you can do these two simple things, then great; if you can't, then new management is in need.
With that out in the open, I guess I'll participate if you want.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I think the Mexi Awesome Results should be taken into account as well ;)

Edit: I think Rade would be a good panelist :)
Thanks a bunch kenny,

but so i think we might need a new smash panel mainly because the current smash scene has changed a bit,

oh and me and waffle can are trying to get the play n trade tourneys again

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
By "manage", do you mean who wants to participate in the panel, or do you mean who wants to run the thread? I'm assuming you mean the former.

And Zack, if you are going to be put in charge of the Power Rankings (i.e. running the thread), again, then you should be prompt when updating it, etc. In Melee, you had a lot of trouble doing that. Oh, and remember to proofread the first post, to make it look better (not like it was splashed together in a couple of minutes, due to all the typos). If you can do these two simple things, then great; if you can't, then new management is in need.
With that out in the open, I guess I'll participate if you want.
Good ole PC ;)

PS: You guess you can participate?? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
I would like to participate but i guess every one is just going to say that........ and mexi awsome should not even have a chance of being used ......
First: extremely low number of players
Second: Half the people were not even trying Look at X, me, and Dai
Third: there was nothing on the line no winnings so many others weren't trying either.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I would like to participate but i guess every one is just going to say that........ and mexi awsome should not even have a chance of being used ......
First: extremely low number of players
Second: Half the people were not even trying Look at X, me, and Dai
Third: there was nothing on the line no winnings so many others weren't trying either.
Just cause you got 9th doesn't mean you weren't trying. I watched all the matches and from what i saw X was the only one who wasn't trying.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I would love, and actually want, to be both on the panel, and/or run the actual thread. I've kept up on the Utah FC thread very well, and while I'm usually not the deepest reader-into-er or as active as some of you, I still think I could make a viable panel member.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
S@G3 you and your excuses, i tried all my matches and so did all my opponents, and all the people i watched no one looked like they weren't into it

I think layne would make a good member due to (as he says), the dilligence of which he updates the Friend code thread, i remember many times checking the power rankings and finding the same stuff even after a couple of touneys

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
i remember many times checking the power rankings and finding the same stuff even after a couple of touneys
Makes sense. Would you want the person in charge of the thread to randomly change the rankings whenever he felt like it, just to say that it has been updated? (especially when they don't use photoshop)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
FTS its not like you guys keeped it up. I wasn't playing in melee but from what i heard the last 5 or 6 you guys didn't change it at all. Then right before brawl came out i asked you guys if you could up date it so i could see how every1 did and so that there would be a final list. I think Rade or person who could update it every tourny or so would be nice not every 6 months.

Also I think mexi awsome should be used in power ranking because.
1. Other states have tornies every week and if some1 can't make it sucks to be them its not like it'll have a huge inpack anyway it's 1 thing out of 4 almost 5 so far.
2. It was a tourny if people didn't want to try as hard its there choice, go team go.
3. It doesn't matter if there was a prize it doesn't change how you play its not like any1 was saying "I didn't put money into this i'll just through the match."

Staz

Smash Lord
I would love, and actually want, to be both on the panel, and/or run the actual thread. I've kept up on the Utah FC thread very well, and while I'm usually not the deepest reader-into-er or as active as some of you, I still think I could make a viable panel member.
i say layne 4 panelist and run the thread

hes really smart and well organized im sure he'll know what to do.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I dont understand how you can tell when someone is trying or not in Brawl...the game is really slow either way -_-

Btw, as far as the Melee power rankings goes, how the hell are you supposed to justify creating a final list when:
1) many of the possible candidates became inactive right before Brawl's release. Infact, most of the community became inactive in Melee right before Brawl's release.
2) Dai-A got a first place finish at the last tournament. His highest placement prior to that tournament was 3rd. It wouldn't be fair to assume that PC is better because of his previous placements, but it also wouldn't be fair to assume that Dai-A couldn't be first.
3) the final tournament had results that would have contradicted a list based on the previous tournaments. This creates the same problem as with Dai-A's case.

A list that gets updated after every tournament would only work if the rankings were strictly based on a point system with no mediation so that consistency and other factors dont become an issue when creating the list.

lengeta

Smash Ace
The problem with updates to rankings is when exactly does one become better than someone else? Are you better when you beat them in the latest matchup? Rank higher at the lastest ranked tournament? Or do you need to be consistent to be sure others didn't just have an off day? Right after PC Chris knocked out Ken, who was considered the better player at that point? Rankings are deeper than just 1st, 2nd, etc., but you've still got to iron them out into flat positions.

The nice thing about a panel is everything can be considered to bolster the rankings. There were less people at Mexi Awesome, and some of them apparently weren't taking it all that seriously. A panel can take that all into consideration, as well and general friendlies to really dig deep into who's better and whatnot. A panel can also make exceptions to the common rule, say for Southern Utah's lower attendance. I think right now, common perception is that the Metal Awesome tournaments are the 'tournaments that matter.' Again, with a panel you don't have to stress about your placement as much when you're unable to make it to numerous tournaments if we want to consider more play to 'matter' to the rankings.

slave1

Smash Lord
the mexi awesome should not count. i sucked it up misrably, but it was not a tourney. it was a random, "hay guys lets do a tourney!"

anyways i might not do the crew battle this time, but fo sho i will be in the crew battle next time. :) i will be there for singles, not sure about doubles, going fishing with my dad.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Just cause you got 9th doesn't mean you weren't trying. I watched all the matches and from what i saw X was the only one who wasn't trying.
Lol What about Dai? you think i would actually be Ganon in a tournament lol :p even ask Yaz. He knew i wasnt trying in our last two matches of the set when he beat me :D

Wait Wait Guys Guys Before you guys start arguing i figured out a new discovery of how to get Marths spike to always hit!! It's So EASYYY i was amazed! well... what you do is just

Put in the MELEE DISC :D can we please have some melee friendlies next tourney?
anyone want to MM,Jamba Match, Or Pepper match :)?

OMG something else i found out is that Rade is actually good now! he was owning me last tournament :p oh and i took 8 stocks in the crew battle lol if only that DAM* GYROMITE SHI* R.O.B throws didnt hit me lol >.>

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Lol What about Dai? you think i would actually be Ganon in a tournament lol :p even ask Yaz. He knew i wasnt trying in our last two matches of the set when he beat me :D
oh. I didn't see those matches cause i was playing on the other tv. But the other ones i saw you were using a good character and it looked like you were trying...

I know it shouldn't count as much as a Metal Awesome tourney, but I see no reason why it shouldn't count at all. It's no one's fault but your own if you don't try when everyone else is :)

Top Bottom