• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

lengeta

Smash Ace
Actually, Sandy's pretty famous nation-wide for hot females, and St. George is considered one of the best places in the world to retire (I'm actually pretty sure it was #1). There's also Zion and Brice national park, good skiing (Alpine's a pretty famous location), Lake Powell, 2002 Winter Olympics, and the Sundance Film Festival. There's also some pretty big Halo pros around, and I think there was a big UT name here back in the day. Utah was also home of Sapphire, the gaming company that made Twisted Metal, although they're basically out of business now and only make little cellphone games.

Utah really isn't that bad. The weather's too extreme and mormons are generally way too judgemental. Housing prices are really nice though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Odd, it's not famous in Colorado. Hrm...

Florida's good for retirement, too. Doesn't make it a good state.

Colorado has Demetri, and Team Crossfire, both who do exceptionally well at national tournaments for Halo.

I'm really just messing with you, though. I don't care what states have what. I love you and Dave (and Junpei, and Phil, and a few others, but especially you four!), and I almost moved out there just to chill with you guys. It's just the overabundance of mormonism that kept me from going, really. Still, I wouldn't mind visiting, even without smash as incentive. ♥ teh laynez and davez.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I wasn't taking your statement seriously, IoZ, no worries. I was just thinking there ARE a couple big-name gamers that call Utah home... and I just starting list off things from there.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i have a wii friend code. tenko 060261189561. yea add me.

edit: daymnnnn its tony!!! long time. still smashing i see. aye u guys having any upcoming tournaments? i want to chill with the u and the rest of the CO crew.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'd travel if I was good enough, and the pro community was there. Melee had awesome fan support, but no "professional" support. Something like Halo, yeah, if I'm good I'd go across country in a heartbeat.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
NVGA has pro support. Should look into getting a chapter set up in UT.

EDIT: X sucks balls, and has been talking trash about you guys. You should put a leash on him, before he ends up hurting himself.

lengeta

Smash Ace
That sounds just like X. That's why I love and hate him. Such a kook!

::EDIT::
The long awaited 2006 vids are finally all done!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=98B6B3B980C88A09
Well, it's official. I ****ing miss me some Melee. Mostly the twitch play. It was much more reflexive, fast, and fun. Brawl is way to campy, spamy, and counter-play... ey (shield-grab). Basically, it's slow as all hell, and boring (comparatively).

Brawl did fix a lot of things IMO, mostly insanely abusive combos, and did a great job of evening out characters, ...but it still lost too much of what made Melee great.

Also, when I'm wondering why I'm only putting one laser out instead of two, and why I'm not b-airing a lot more... I've been playing too much Brawl. :(

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When you change your sig, all of your old posts change into the new sig, too, so you didn't need to make a new post (that'll be regarded as spam). All you need to do was go to an old post of yours, and if you didn't have the signature enabled for that post, then edit it and check that little box.
BTW, the text is a little hard to read, especially when it nears the transparent part. Black text on a grey background doesn't work so well. And the font face is kind of hard to read, especially since it's so small like that.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Not as rare as my Darkrai!!! I'm so hardcore*!!!

* lengeta is not hardcore when it comes to pokemon, Darkrai was a free give-a-way at a Toys-R-Us event on his birthday.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Thx PC, there is that a little better. Anyways.....
nice vids! thx for putting all of those up FTS :)
I didn't realize that Rafa used to play G-dorf, why did he ever stop?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Get the mex brigade and come to Colorado. If you can beat Tim, Jeris, or Ferdi, I'll be surprised. As is, I guarantee you guys won't even place top 5.
You're talking about Brawl right? Me and fat David will pwn CO in Melee doubles lol

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Just sayin', they won't bring home any money from a Colorado tournament. Utah never has, and never will. There's a difference between cooking with ez-bake ovens and cooking with fire, babe. ♥

lengeta

Smash Ace
I don't think you can really "call out" at your local tournament. If you wanna prove you're better than us and call us out I think you guys have to come here. I don't blame you for not or anything, but that's like if I lived in Alaska and said I could beat any of you, and if you don't come to one of our tournaments that proves it. Judging from Melee you're probably right, but this is a new game. A game where playing like a douche is even more beneficial that it was in Melee. It would be interesting seeing how well I'd do kiting with Pit, but kiting in Brawl is for *******.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lol im pretty sure you dont bring any money home from colorado tournaments. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I've placed 3rd once, 2nd a few times, 1st once (that was like, a year and a half ago, lulz), and yeah... 4th every time aside from that, aside from two tournaments. I mainly make money from MMs. So yeah, GGs, son?

I don't think you can really "call out" at your local tournament. If you wanna prove you're better than us and call us out I think you guys have to come here. I don't blame you for not or anything, but that's like if I lived in Alaska and said I could beat any of you, and if you don't come to one of our tournaments that proves it. Judging from Melee you're probably right, but this is a new game. A game where playing like a douche is even more beneficial that it was in Melee. It would be interesting seeing how well I'd do kiting with Pit, but kiting in Brawl is for *******.
Pretty sure we've traveled for Brawl and already shown that Colorado is still good, if not even better. Utah hasn't done anything of note, aside from smack-talking. If by "kiting" you mean camping, I guarantee you won't beat my Sonic, or anyone else in CO's top 6. Definitely not in a set.

Then again, my Sonic hasn't lost to a single Pit yet, tournament or otherwise. Pit is a joke. :D!

Also, Alaska players were>>>UT in SSBM. Lunaris was >>> CO, but we could beat the rest of them.

Keep in mind, I was one of the "douchiest" players for Melee. Most of Utah remembers me talking about running away and lasering Boss for 7 minutes and 14 seconds after he told me I better laser a lot. MikeZ is able to camp just as easily, and the rest of CO, aside from Nite and Jeris, are equally patient. Granted, we don't like to do it, and we normally won't bother trying if that's the case, but if you want to play a game of projectiles, Colorado's always down for it, babe. ♥

So yeah, if anyone should be traveling to prove their point, it would be Utah. We have Melee at the premiere tournament, and it seems as if Eggz, Silent Wolf, DJ Combo, SK92, and more are coming. Also, sumdat DSF. If Utah wants a good tournament nearby, SSBM or Brawl, this is it. Get a carpool and come over.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Pretty sure we've traveled for Brawl and already shown that Colorado is still good, if not even better. Utah hasn't done anything of note, aside from smack-talking.
Utah has not done anything special for Brawl because its Brawl. I like the game, its fun and all but its not a game worth traveling for, not one bit. Also I haven't talked smack. The only one I know of who is talking smack is X. So please don't act like ALL of Utah is cocky because thats not true. If anything you are acting cocky in the image of CO.

Keep in mind, I was one of the "douchiest" players for Melee. Most of Utah remembers me talking about running away and lasering Boss for 7 minutes and 14 seconds after he told me I better laser a lot. MikeZ is able to camp just as easily, and the rest of CO, aside from Nite and Jeris, are equally patient. Granted, we don't like to do it, and we normally won't bother trying if that's the case, but if you want to play a game of projectiles, Colorado's always down for it, babe. ♥
If you are going to play Brawl ANYONE better be ready for camping and projectiles.........not just CO

So yeah, if anyone should be traveling to prove their point, it would be Utah. We have Melee at the premiere tournament, and it seems as if Eggz, Silent Wolf, DJ Combo, SK92, and more are coming. Also, sumdat DSF. If Utah wants a good tournament nearby, SSBM or Brawl, this is it. Get a carpool and come over.
We dont need to travel to prove anything its Brawl. Co destryoed utah in the crew battle before OC3. You also pretty much owned us all. However, like layne said this is a new very ****ty version of melee. But, if you guys want to hold you heads up high and think your better than Utah when we have not even played, be my guest. Now you do have melee which I would travel for so meh.

Also IoZ let me ask you this, how many tourney matches and MMs have you won/lost because of tripping? Personally I would hate to pay 60 dollars in my share of gas to come out trip during a DDD chain grab or dash to punish somone who is lagging only to get F-smashed and lose the match. However I would fork that money out to go get my *** kicked at Melee and learn something from it. So again if you guys are all happy you traveled for brawl, good for you.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Give it a rest, 'jira. You wouldn't even make it outta pools, unless you had a ****ty pool. No worries about tripping. You didn't learn anything from losing during Melee, either. Only ones that did were Junpei and Phil.

Just sayin, man.

EDIT: Maybe PC learned something, too.

SUPER EDIT: You guys didn't really travel much for Melee, either, did you?

Top Bottom