• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

harpuia190

Smash Ace
7/10 Play N Trade Singles Results
1 Kenny
2 Rade
3 Waff
4 S@G3
5 Hunter Demars - he used to come to the melee ones if you guys remember - MetaKnight
5 Hazzard - Newish, but has lotsa potential - Zelda
7 Butterscotch - Cory Hite, LAMEWAD! - Wolf
7 Slave
9 Fate
9 Goold
9 edward - that annoying little kid who used to come to the melee ones, YEAH THAT KID! UGH! - Ike

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
7/10 Play N Trade Singles Results
1 Kenny
2 Rade
3 Waff
4 S@G3
5 Hunter Demars - he used to come to the melee ones if you guys remember - MetaKnight
5 Hazzard - Newish, but has lotsa potential - Zelda
7 Butterscotch - Cory Hite, LAMEWAD! - Wolf
7 Slave
9 Fate
9 Goold
9 edward - that annoying little kid who used to come to the melee ones, YEAH THAT KID! UGH! - Ike
I was about to "rip him limb from two dimensional limb." He drove me crazy haha

The tourney was a lot of fun though.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Are there any notable melee players here in Utah?
I live in SLC but I can't seem to find anyone to play for friendlies.
C!Z and Junpei are the best melee players in Salt Lake. If you want a good challenge, talk to them. If you're in the Provo/Orem area, you can contact either Yaz or me and we'll show you a good time ;)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If you talk to YazYaz, he'll tell you that he's better than I am; dont believe him!!

slave1

Smash Lord
. i know i wasted that anoying kid. it was sooooo nice. curse you rade and sage for nocking me out. i would much rather get nocked out by Kenny or someone else. not Sage. he just smells of MK feces :dizzy:

Kenny i havent one on one you in a long time. i need to :)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
. i know i wasted that anoying kid. it was sooooo nice. curse you rade and sage for nocking me out. i would much rather get nocked out by Kenny or someone else. not Sage. he just smells of MK feces :dizzy:

We played each other in the last MA tourney, but yes we should play again.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234

Your just jealous.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
I was about to "rip him limb from two dimensional limb." He drove me crazy haha

The tourney was a lot of fun though.

Haha, oh man... you have no idea how good it felt to beat that kid... I'd call it own, but i dont think i 3 stocked him... close enough though:) but yeah! due to Rade's kindness i'm going to be having his wii and brawl for the next weekish or so.

So if you see him, its really me. Im up for friendlies! lemme know when yall get on.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha, oh man... you have no idea how good it felt to beat that kid... I'd call it own, but i dont think i 3 stocked him... close enough though:) but yeah! due to Rade's kindness i'm going to be having his wii and brawl for the next weekish or so.

So if you see him, its really me. Im up for friendlies! lemme know when yall get on.
Lucky! I wanted to own him so hard!

I'd play with you if my online wasn't so laggy. I don't get online anymore. I have an idea! You should come down to Orem and then we can play with no lag :)

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Ohhh, i'd want to go, but i seriously doubt that i could get time off work, or even permission from my parents.

But yeah! for sure! We should do it some weekend sometime, get a bunch of people together for it!

Gojira

Smash Lord
Its going to feel weird at thsi tourney....it being my last one......I also wish I could go to CO.

C!Z here is a good Marth instructional vid in this link Shows you some good tips you could use for CO. Ill post this in the Tourney thread as well in case you miss this post.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
But yeah! for sure! We should do it some weekend sometime, get a bunch of people together for it!
We need to have a huge smashfest/std!!!

Ken, you have my ♥
I'm super excited! I'm going to make sure I have somewhere to stay before I register though. Is anyone in CO providing housing?

Its going to feel weird at thsi tourney....it being my last one......
You've been saying that forever now it seems like :laugh:

___X___

Smash Lord
ok IOZ me and FAT david and my bros will need housing.\

CUZ WE ARE COMING!!!!!!!!(hopefully)

my parents said it was ok, i just need to save up money.

___X___

Smash Lord
Oh Noez

something JUST CAME UP!!!

so it looks likes EVO is august 8th - 10th.....

also the same day as the CO tournament right???

so it looks like you gotta pick one...

CO or EVO??

INFO IN THIS LINK
http://www.evo2k.com/

FERDI EDIT: im for sure picking EVO over CO

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I wouldn't even go to Evo for the rest of the games. They treat the players like crap, and their ruleset is terrible.

Let's look at it, shall we?

First game of a match to be played on Smashville. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.
Only Soft Syncing allowed, player must remove batteries after match or risk disqualification.
Any controller is allowed as long as you know how to sync it quickly.

Losing player can pick what method to be used after match:

Method A
1) First stage is Smashville
2) Winner keeps character
3) Loser can either pick stage or character
4) If loser picks stage then character is kept
5) If loser picks character then stage is kept

Method B
1) First stage is Smashville
2) Loser picks stage
3) Winner picks character
4) Loser picks character

3 Stock, 5 Min timer, 2/3 Games
Items on medium spawn.
Sudden Death will not decide the outcome of the game. Highest Stock, then lowest percentage after time expires is the winner.
Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.
Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, 75m, Summit, Rumble Falls.

This means that the following stages are allowed for CP:

Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Skyworld, Port Town Aero Dive, Distant Planet, Big Blue, Mario Circuit, The Bridge of Eldin, Hanenbow, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Onett, Shadow Moses Island

Doesn't something about that bother you?

And if it's anything like last year's EVO, the sets up until the top 16 will only be best of 1, single elim. Do you really want to risk paying good money for gas and tournament, only to be scewed over by a poor ruleset and the fact that they only use Smash to make money, due to EVO dying, as of late?

Plus, it'll be hard to get housing there, since some of their players are coming to my tournament, instead. Just saying...

Top Bottom