• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

___X___

Smash Lord
Does anybody know of any tournaments in the Davis County area? Gamestop ones and such?

lol, looks like someone likes to go to NOOB tournys.

just come to SANDY this weekend for the STATE tournament!

its gonna be really fun and it would be nice to see you there!

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott

just come to SANDY this weekend for the STATE tournament!

its gonna be really fun and it would be nice to see you there!
Only because I can't travel that far! ^^; Plus, parents don't want me going to a random person's house for Smash.

Plus, if you go to noob tournies, you get a few easy wins under your belt. 83

___X___

Smash Lord
Only because I can't travel that far! ^^; Plus, parents don't want me going to a random person's house for Smash.

hmmmm how old are you anyways??

and well its not just some random guys house..

Its FTS's house!

you should ask if you can go!
nothing to losE?

and plust i bet you couldnt even win a gamestop tourny :laugh:

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
hmmmm how old are you anyways??

and well its not just some random guys house..

Its FTS's house!

you should ask if you can go!
nothing to losE?

Asked about the previous tourny.
Response?
"NO."

13 years old.

:O I could sure as heck try!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Dang, wish I wasn't busy this weekend... I've yet to be to a tourney, but I'd like to find a good one to go to, despite that I'll probably get my butt kicked.

___X___

Smash Lord
Asked about the previous tourny.
Response?
"NO."

13 years old.

:O I could sure as heck try!
oh well that sucks :(

it would have been nice if you came!

Dang, wish I wasn't busy this weekend... I've yet to be to a tourney, but I'd like to find a good one to go to, despite that I'll probably get my butt kicked.

busy?!

no!

just come to the tournament! its loads of fun and you can also come see a REAL JIRA

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace

People have come from much further than Davis County. Gojira is in Weber County and has been to every tournament.

Make sure you guys give input for the next tournament date, especially when I ask for it. (SirKibble)

Edit: It's strange seeing Utah smashers post for the first time, except with a large postcount >_>

SirKibble

Smash Champion
busy?!

no!

just come to the tournament! its loads of fun and you can also come see a REAL JIRA
Believe you me, I wish I could. I really want to get more involved with the Smash community. I've only been playing my friends for the past...forever.

Unfortunately, by "busy" I mean house-sitting. My family's going camping, but I have work, so I gotta sit at home.

Make sure you guys give input for the next tournament date, especially when I ask for it. (SirKibble)
I'll do what I can to give input and be there. Moving up to college soon may not be nice to me, though, as I may be lacking a vehicle, and therefore a method of transportation.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Haha, I'll try. I think I'm gonna have a car some of the time, but my little brother just turned 16, so I think my parents want him to have it some of the time while I'm there as well. I have a friend who's rooming with me who will have a car. Unfortunately, he finds my dedication to Smash (and video games in general) rather unamusing. :(

lengeta

Smash Ace
So, since I'm leaving Utah in the near future, I think I'll probably end up dropping Smash when I leave since I don't really care to fall into a new group of smashers (unless there end up being a lot of cool ones extremely close). What other games you guys think I should try picking up at some point? I'll definitely be all over Diablo 3 when it hits, but that's less of a competitive game. Halo 3? GoW2? CoD4? Halo 3? Or maybe wait for upcomers like Starcraft 2, Soul Calibur 4, or Street Fighter 4? I always thought Guilty Gear looked kinda sweet, they working on any new games?

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I was going to say... Halo 3 is always a great choice. Heck, any game that has xbox live is awesome! (for the most part) Though, if you were going to ask me, or probably even slave, It would be Halo. We're both pretty biased for it.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'd say try out or learn a lot about everything you are genuinely interested in. You might eventually find a favorite or two. Works for some people better than others.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yes... and after you set up that DMZ, post your IP address here for the world to see...

*cackles and twists mustache*
What do you mean by that? I thought this was supposed to help it is there something I'm missing?

So, since I'm leaving Utah in the near future, I think I'll probably end up dropping Smash when I leave since I don't really care to fall into a new group of smashers (unless there end up being a lot of cool ones extremely close). What other games you guys think I should try picking up at some point? I'll definitely be all over Diablo 3 when it hits, but that's less of a competitive game. Halo 3? GoW2? CoD4? Halo 3? Or maybe wait for upcomers like Starcraft 2, Soul Calibur 4, or Street Fighter 4? I always thought Guilty Gear looked kinda sweet, they working on any new games?
You can't leave us we were just learning to love each other WHY GOOD WHY! O CRULE FATE wait is that me?

You have to help me with my comp first i think im soooooo close. All I think I need is the serial # for a dazzle and it should work. The only problem is Sage can't find the CD that has it. The link you sent me is saved to my comp, but I can't get it to run it stops every time. HELP ME SUPER LAYN!!!!!

harpuia190

Smash Ace
X you might want to work on how you invite new people into the scene

Seriously people don't mind X guys, he loves us all he just has a weird way of showing it, like nicknaming you after certain west coast cities, GEEEEEZ

X is about as clear as THIS! click it! click it now!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
i love men.

and X's falco, it ***** me all day.

and i love men, and men and men.

i also like making out with GRIFT3R
and C!Z's peanut butter nuts its the best :bigthumbu

Ferdi Edit: This is X's teeny weeny speaking.

___X___

Smash Lord
Just realized there was a Utah thread! I live in American Fork, and I'd love to come out and smash someone other than my friends. It'll be sweet!

Is it normal for a tourney to have an entry fee?
ahh, more NOOBS! i i mean SMASHER >_>

(gotta greet them nicely and not mean like RADE told me to...)

WELCOME Rhokk!!
and ummm what kind of a tournament DOESN'T have an entry free???
of course it has an entry fee, and its 5$$$$$
for DOUBLES and SINGLES so yeah

its good that you live in American fork!

thats pretty close to the location of the tournament!
it would be really nice if you could come!

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Wow! I love fake enthusiasm!!! Working at Subway, you have all sorts of opportunities for it!!

Yeah..the only thread I've ever posted in is the Show Me Your News thread..

It's not like I don't have 5 dollars or anything..

I'm not even good at Smash, but I'd love to come out and play with some other smashers!

I just need to get work off...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's only like 25 minutes away from Orem and AF is a lot closer than Orem is.. Oh and don't worry about X, he's always like that. You'll get used to him soon enough.

Welcome to the Utah scene, hope to see you at the tourney on Saturday. :)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya hope to see you on Sat.

Don't mind X once you get to know him and shove a few peppers down his throught you'll wove him.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I can't get into another fighter with Brawl around. I like FPSs, but I usually get burnt out on them after quite awhile. Same with RTSs, but I'm definitely going to give Starcraft II a chance. I just don't know what game I should start playing the crap out of. It's definitely not Rock Band/Guitar Hero, I like those songs just for fun. I just dunno...

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Oh, don't worry. I actually wasn't offended by him at all.. How it goes at the tourney, that's a different story..xP

So..I'ma go to bed..gotta go to work tomorrow..

We need to do tourneys on wednesdays..they're my days off..

Should I even bother showing up for doubles? Unless I somehow get my friend to come..which I highly doubt, knowing his family, I don't really have any partners..

___X___

Smash Lord
Oh, don't worry. I actually wasn't offended by him at all.. How it goes at the tourney, that's a different story..xP

So..I'ma go to bed..gotta go to work tomorrow..

We need to do tourneys on wednesdays..they're my days off..

Should I even bother showing up for doubles? Unless I somehow get my friend to come..which I highly doubt, knowing his family, I don't really have any partners..
haha nice!

you should really come!!

and it doesnt matter if you have a partner or not, sometimes ppl are always looking for a team mate! so maybe you can pare with someone els that doesnt have a partner!
and yes you should consider coming to DOUBLES.
DO IT!

so yeah like i said before, it would be nice to see you there! utah needs more smashers! COME ON!

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Oh, come on. Even I won a Gamecrazy tourney..with Ganondorf, nonetheless
With Ganon? Goodness. -.-' Better go on down to the local Game Crazy and build my self-esteem by winning with Pokemon Trainer. x3
I'm pretty sure I can't get into another fighter with Brawl around. I like FPSs, but I usually get burnt out on them after quite awhile. Same with RTSs, but I'm definitely going to give Starcraft II a chance. I just don't know what game I should start playing the crap out of. It's definitely not Rock Band/Guitar Hero, I like those songs just for fun. I just dunno...
Starcraft II doesn't come out for a while, and the competitive scene won't start for a few months after that. I suggest sticking with Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 until you find a game that 1) you are good at and 2) you can play non-stop.

*wishes self could go to Metal Awesome* T-T

___X___

Smash Lord
Got it all worked out, guys! I'm coming to Metal Awesome 5, which, bytheyway, is a pretty lame name..I keep thinking Metal Gear Awesome...cool vid btw..

Anyways.............I like dots

NICEEE!!!

thats good!!

and yes i hate the name also hahah sounds like some wierd bowser/DDD main made it up...

o well its lame!

but yeah hey ill Money match you in a set!

Gojira

Smash Lord
If you have a 360 or a PS3 I say COD4 or street fighter 4. COD4 is really what a FPS should be in every possible way. That said, Ignore the next Soul Caliber. That series is just going downhill and does not even have that big of a scene. If You think a FPS is not for you do 3rd Strike or SF4. If you are sad face and don't have a PS3 or 360, wait for the next Naruto game on the Wii. I believe there is a scene in California if you want to pick up something a little less mainstream. Also Konami (the amazing peeps that bring us the amazing Castlevainia) is taking their first shot at a fighting game. In fact, it is a Castlevainia fighting game lol. But do to the Wii being know for kiddy and family stuff, I doubt the game will be not be picked up and played. Even if it is a deep, fun, and enjoyable fighting game.

Gojira Edit: And yes, Starcraft II looks PERDI HAWT.
---------------------- see what I did there ^

Top Bottom