• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
and yes i hate the name also hahah sounds like some wierd bowser/DDD main made it up...
Yeah, seriously, how have you guys not ditched the "Metal Awesome" name yet? There's nothing Metal or Awesome about (Northern) Utah's Brawlers.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Because there have been SOOOO MANY suggestions for a new name that we just can't decide on one yet.

....We've been through this before. Search is your friend.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Because there have been SOOOO MANY suggestions for a new name that we just can't decide on one yet.

....We've been through this before. Search is your friend.
I recommended going back to UST about three times-- if you gave a reason as to why not, you obviously didn't state it well enough. As you said, we've been through it before, but you seem to forget the fact that you don't clearly accept nor deny any other suggestions. Honestly, Yaz's Sex Tourney is cooler than Metal Awesome. At least it's a tad funny and original.

But I keep forgetting that nothing Northern Utah does could be considered 'fun' or 'original'. =/

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Quick pop in from CT!

So yeah, Missions are awesome things (I'm technically breaking the rules right now, hush). I can't talk for too long, so I'll just leave you with some quick little things.

*Me and companion have done two baptisms so far
*Dreams are funny
*I've gained weight
*Going through minor gaming withdrawals
*Pushing to keep my mind in for the field ^^

Oh, and if you want to write me, here's my address:

Elder Timothy James Hansmann
Connecticut Hartford Mission
34 Jerome Ave. Ste 319
Bloomfield, CT 06002

And my e-mail: elderhansmann@myldsmail.net

Many thanks! I'll try to pop in sometime again soon!

~Tsuteto

lengeta

Smash Ace
Missionaries are the worst kind of solicitors, and the most annoying too. At least you learn how to properly sell pyramid schemes so you have plenty of career options when you come back, selling them to wanna-be entrepreneurs in probably the biggest entrepreneur-ing state.

But I digress... looks like CoD4 big tournament scene is kinda down because the game doesn't have proper support for LAN gaming. I'll definitely skip Soul Calibur 4, which is at least better than Dead or Alive. I don't really like the look of the new Street Fighter, but I'll give it a chance. I'll probably just check out the video gaming scene once a move and just pick up whatever seems to be popular over there. Thanks for recommendations though. I still haven't tried DoTA either, but I'll probably end up skipping it at this point... that 360 zombie game looks loads of fun though.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Missionaries are the worst kind of solicitors, and the most annoying too. At least you learn how to properly sell pyramid schemes so you have plenty of career options when you come back, selling them to wanna-be entrepreneurs in probably the biggest entrepreneur-ing state.

But I digress... looks like CoD4 big tournament scene is kinda down because the game doesn't have proper support for LAN gaming. I'll definitely skip Soul Calibur 4, which is at least better than Dead or Alive. I don't really like the look of the new Street Fighter, but I'll give it a chance. I'll probably just check out the video gaming scene once a move and just pick up whatever seems to be popular over there. Thanks for recommendations though. I still haven't tried DoTA either, but I'll probably end up skipping it at this point... that 360 zombie game looks loads of fun though.
LOL that was so great Layn you gain 15 woot points. Woot Woot Wooot Wooot Woooot Woooot Wooooot Wooooot Woooooot Woooooot Wooooooot Wooooooot Woooooooot Woooooooot now the rules state that all of Panda lap Dance must woot for you tooo.....and odds are the mexi's will aswell. :) And breaking the rules means a spanking by Gojira or Rade.

Also I like the name Davids monthy income...that little ******* keeps taking out money its almost as bad as when Kenny comes to draper takes what little money there is a drives strait home not even a hug good by :( If thats not a good name for the tourny then I think Tournies 'R us is good because it is not just Brawl any more.

lengeta

Smash Ace
To all the people who hate the name Metal Awesome (I don't like it either), I hope you have all seen this:

Metal Gear Awesome
(click "Watch this movie")

Make sure you've played the first Metal Gear Solid before you watch it, otherwise you won't... get it.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
To my smash friends.

So yeah Bruce(FP) is leaving soon and it seems like our smash scene is dying! So I just kinda wanted to make a post about how cool everyone that I met through smash has been!

Bruce(FP)- Man this guy has the sexiest Ice Climbers ever, he owns hard!!! One of the nicest people I've met too, not only is he amazing at smash, he's amazing at dota and enfos. Gonna miss ya bruce.

Staz- If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have came to more tourney's, He's one of the coolest smashers ever and a great friend. He always seems to be happy and he gets klope.:laugh:

X- Haha, wow. Probably one of my bestest friends now, were always laughing it up and having slam dunk contests. :laugh: He always tries to help me out and his sonic is major ****.

Lada- He owns at smash, he's a great person too, another best friend I made through smash.
And me and him are teaming next tourney:)

Dai-A- Not much to say besides he's the best smasher in Utah!!! He's way nice too and is always helping me out.

Corrupt Fate- Haha he gets girls with his hair and eyes. He also has a sexy pit! and he plays dota with me :) and he used to bring pizza to the tourneys, w00t you rock fate.

Rade- Who does he main?:dizzy: who knows? but yeah he's way funny, always seems to make me laugh.

Ken Neth- has a hot sister:laugh: Kenny has a way good snake and taught me alot about smash, he always helps me get better and gives me tips on how to own.:)

Yaz- He also helps me get better and is a really cool person, I might end up working with him!

W!LD- haha his jigglypuff owns, he always seems to be on a rant about something but it doesnt matter cuz he owns.

S@G3- He likes to main broken chars, but its all good since he plays dota with me :)

Slave- is actually good now! :laugh:

WaffleCan- He likes to get fancy in crew battles hahahaha, but yeah Can's way cool.

Gojira- Always says he is quitting or not coming to tourneys anymore but somehow he always shows up! haha gojira.

Crea- I love Pie Face Jun, even though I don't smash with him, we play dota and **** every noob out there almost ever night.

PC- owns at everything. Enough said.

CdBobo- bobo!!! He's way nice and cool. We play dota and enfos together since he is always on.

Tsu- yeah he's not gonna read this but oh well. I miss him and his awesome zelda. Im glad he's doing good and he's on his mission.

C!Z- I met him once, even though he prolly doesn't even remember. Anyways I hear he ***** at melee. w00t!

FTS- He's way nice and thanks for hosting all the tourney's. Without him I would have never of met you guys. oh and me and fts are gonna get good at 3rd strike and pwn everyone here. Including you X.

If I didn't mention you im sorry, I either forgot or I just didnt really know you.
Anyways thanks to smash I got to meet alot of cool people!! w00t! Hope to keep seeing you guys at tourneys.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
HEHEHEH ITS STALKIN TIME!

oh so i was talking with Dryu during the last tourney and we decided we are going to road(RADE?) trip to seattle for... "sentimental reasons" but we also decided we are going to smash in every state we go through

so we probably won't do this for like a year but we should totally get a crew together or something! and go as a group! and not bring X! :)

oh and don't worry about food i got it covered (not really)

EDIT: why the heck does everyone sound like they are at a funeral? geez!

harpuia190

Smash Ace
but yeah seriously would anyone be interested in such a venture? i can guarantee shenanigans!

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Hehe, If I made a list like DRyu's, it would be bigger than anyone else's in Utah :) 37 tournaments now, only counting within Utah. When I counted almost exactly a year ago, there were over 180 unique Utah smashers. I can remember most of them.

For any lurkers reading this page: The people you will meet are worth far more than whatever challenges or worries you may have in getting to your first tournament.

Top Bottom