• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen of Utah players they are hella cool and hella skilled. Keep up the good work Utah ^^

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
sucks Kown couldn't go...........

any of utah going to WHOBO in april? (massive nationwide tourney here in texas)

___X___

Smash Lord
Kown can go lick one, so can Xyro. he sucks off his state players way to much, even though they aren't good. oh and Tudor speaks the truth!

ozz... you can go lick one too.

ANYWAYS, i plan on getting first at this tournament this saturday suckaass!

kown

Smash Lord
the trash talking was done a while back <_<.
im still mad that i cant goo.. **** it all. freakin weather!
so is kenneth the predicted winner? or sexy yaz?

kown

Smash Lord
Utah

1. Dai-a
2. Sexy Yaz
3. Ken neth
4. __X__
5. Lada
6. Wangston
7. Dark Ryu
8. Staz
9. Rade
10. CorruptFate

negro? cant read? lol

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
David is going to fly in out of nowhere and get first place at this tourney. ;D

Right David?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, if I were to say who's higher out of X and Ken Neth right now, I would say X. X only recently dropped under Ken Neth because of lack of recent attendance (prior of the list update). But he came to the last tournament and beat Yaz in the winners bracket. Yaz then came back from the loser's bracket, and took both sets in the Finals to the fifth game in order to get the victory.

And Dark Ryu only recently got on the panel. He wasn't on the panel when we voted of the last update. And we don't change it mid-month unless it's to take people OFF the list for 4 missed tournaments in a row.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I beat chris at the last weekly in two sets of five. He only won 2 of matches total for both sets... And the cash prize was like $25 for first, so there is no way he can use his john "i wasn't trying cause it wasn't for anything." He's getting really predictable for me lol.

But I guess we'll just have to see what happens at the UST.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Since kown stopped trash talking (which I was pretty much enjoying until everyone got so worked up over it, too funny, IMHO), I shall issue just one warning...while you are all planning your fancy first place, second place, third place, fourth place, any place but last place fiddle faddle, one small yellow creature will be creeping among you, humble and mischievous, walking like a mini t-rex and crawling across the stage ominously....so....
Try not to get THUNDERSTOCKED on Saturday!!!

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Yeah...that was supposed to go in another thread..but it ended up fine there...lolz late at night.
The thunderstock is the ultimate in humiliation...Pikachu thunder off top of screen at ridiculously low damage....before you can even see the little circle you float in...
Seriously, I can't pretend not to be a noob, but my pikachu will be happy to have a couple of thunderstocks. I believe several of the smashers here experienced them when I was messing around with them. Now I'm serious. GRRARRRRRRAAARRR like anyone can take pikachu seriously anyway.

EDIT:**So I think I will try to recruit some noob-I mean-awesome smasher friends to come just to make the pot bigger for Ken Neth-I mean-whoever wins...

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
"Thunderstocking" is really predictable. I think there are some ways to make it a true combo but that is very hard to pull off. I have had a lot of practice against Pikachu so I know exactly when to dodge it.

Also bluepeach I dont think I have met you yet... are coming to this tourney?

Im going to come guys and Im going to bring a Wii. :]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
"Thunderstocking" is really predictable. I think there are some ways to make it a true combo but that is very hard to pull off. I have had a lot of practice against Pikachu so I know exactly when to dodge it.
That's why you QAC it. ;)
But you're right, it is predictable. It's a good tool to force someone into spacing (leading them at the edge or outside of a stage).

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Plus you can bait the airdodge and then thunder, that is always fun.
I dont airdodge at all until I hear the "pika!". Because once you hear that THEN the lightning comes out. Thats why against Joke (I think you are Joke I just dont remember) I had to turn up the TV after I died twice from "thunderstock". >.>

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wait.....I thought spudz and Joke were the same person?!?! :p (Only kidding...)

And wow, bluepeach, you started the thread talking about Thunderstocking (I guess I sort of helped with getting it started, though).

And being able to airdodge while still in stun animation is one big reason why there's not that many combo's in Brawl... It's so easy to "Thunderstock" in Melee since you can combo into it.

C!Z

Smash Lord
What PC meant was that there's hella tight combos in Melee(if you're good) and the combos in Brawl are mediocre at best lol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Speaking of which, I need help with combos in Melee...

I'm really stoked for this tourney actually. But I'm still confused about the whole single/team thing for Melee/Brawl. What's going on with that? I would like to know so I can bring enough cash in case I start MM people.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly, he said there are both teams and singles, but it is starting EXACTLY on time, and it's running on a very strict schedule so he can get all of it done by 6:00 and you can get DQ'd if you delay the tourney at all.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ah, that makes sense.

I need money then. I thought Melee was cheaper, but I only have enough to do Brawl singles, doubles, and Melee, no MM's at the moment...

I may have spare change somewhere...

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, I need help with combos in Melee...
lol who do you use again?
I think its mario but i dont remember.
Anyways you can always get some good throw combos starting from either down throw or up throw (depending on the chars weight of course) then do like up tilts then up air the heck out of them and then forward smash. IDK thats what i do :p
But you could ask Ciz's Friend Ballz (eggz) lol
that was sad haha.

Whoa i never knew you could actually say the H-e-ll word on smashboards without it censoring.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There will be Doubles and Singles for Brawl, each at $5 per person, and Singles for Melee, at $3 per person. So I would say $20 is efficient if you are eating lunch. Any extra left over (if you don't eat that much) could be for MMs, I guess.

Lanky uses Ganondorf, now.
And it varies with the opponent's falling speed, not weight... :p

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Well, if I were to say who's higher out of X and Ken Neth right now, I would say X. X only recently dropped under Ken Neth because of lack of recent attendance (prior of the list update). But he came to the last tournament and beat Yaz in the winners bracket. Yaz then came back from the loser's bracket, and took both sets in the Finals to the fifth game in order to get the victory.

The first set was to the 5th and the second he didn't take single match off of me. But I'm super super rusty so I probably won't do so well this tourney.

Top Bottom