• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I vote singles as well. But I still say we do both. An OoSer is coming for brawl. Our turnout is already pathetic as it is, and taking away teams is only going to decrease the amount of people that show up. And that will make his time here even less worthwhile.

And I won't be entering melee, which means that most likely my carpool won't either if they need a ride back.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wait, so this one won't have both Brawl singles AND Brawl doubles? Why's that? We were able to fit both of those in, as well as Melee singles (and those other non-Smash games as well) before.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I agree with PC.

I enjoy teams more, but singles are the only thing that really count. So if there's only one I don't even know if this is even going to be worth coming to, because I would have to miss a concert for my music class in order to come.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm short on money (since I have a lot of things I want to buy with the money that I have) so I probably won't enter ANY Brawl tournament, but I would still prefer there to be both, since it brings in more people, which leads to more fun overall. Plus, since there's someone coming from OoS for Brawl, it would suck for him if there's only one event for Brawl.
But I'll still enter Melee. :) And a small Melee crew battle for fun would be nice.

Oh, and FTS, I'm going to bring a Wii + Melee + Brawl for sure (since I already have it pre-packed in my car from something that happened last weekend).

DZLE

Smash Master
Wow you're all a bunch of babies.
Dont be like a baby...
EAT THE HEAD
I'm short on money (since I have a lot of things I want to buy with the money that I have) so I probably won't enter ANY Brawl tournament, but I would still prefer there to be both, since it brings in more people, which leads to more fun overall. Plus, since there's someone coming from OoS for Brawl, it would suck for him if there's only one event for Brawl.
But I'll still enter Melee. :) And a small Melee crew battle for fun would be nice.

Oh, and FTS, I'm going to bring a Wii + Melee + Brawl for sure (since I already have it pre-packed in my car from something that happened last weekend).
Lol I will only enter Brawl Singles, but doubles is definitely good to have...
Even if we cut out SFIV, all other games that arent smash, or even... if we HAVE to... Melee.

We have a special guest AND an OoSer coming to this. For Brawl.
This should concentrate on brawl, since it has the biggest turnout. No selfishness.

(If we do a Mini Melee crew battle, whos crew am i on?!)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I really think we should have both teams and singles (I will be entering both), but if we do have to pick one I would choose singles as I like singles more, kown wants to play people in a 1v1 setting (I asume), and it affects the powerrankings.

But, if noone shows up Kown doesn't get to play the people he wants, teams will fail worse then me at SK's event, and the powerrankings wont really matter if only a small handful show. So I think having both is the best way to go.

Also FTS sent out an e-mail from Utahsmash@live.com if you didn't get this please PM me with your e-mail, some of them were hard to read so im sorry if that way my fault.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... put my vote down for teams.

At least for me, I find it more enjoyable... but with only one or the other- like many others have already said, there's not a lot of incentive for me to show up or stay any length of time.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I think it's to make it so games like SF4 can also be played.

I'm uncaring either way, but I guess singles would be better. My friend didn't enter singles at ToF, and I really want him to become competitive, and it affects the power rankings more.

And I will be entering the Melee tourney.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Dont be like a baby...
EAT THE HEAD

Lol I will only enter Brawl Singles, but doubles is definitely good to have...
Even if we cut out SFIV, all other games that arent smash, or even... if we HAVE to... Melee.

We have a special guest AND an OoSer coming to this. For Brawl.
This should concentrate on brawl, since it has the biggest turnout. No selfishness.

(If we do a Mini Melee crew battle, whos crew am i on?!)
i agree this really should be all about brawl... nothing else should outprioritize it especialy since PZT is coming.

itd be a total waste of pzt's time to come for 2 hours of brawl then leave ._. if it starts to be less about brawl at bust ill stop coming.... i only come to it to brawl/get better at brawl/brawl local pros... not much else

C!Z

Smash Lord
Sounds like you guys forget who runs/hosts these tourneys lol. i could be wrong but do you think Nate is losing out on Brawl players/people always bein at his house all the time for a game he doesnt even play?

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Sounds like you guys forget who runs/hosts these tourneys lol. i could be wrong but do you think Nate is losing out on Brawl players/people always bein at his house all the time for a game he doesnt even play?
...true but pardon me if my memory serves me wrong but after brawl there was about 8 people to the 20 something there was for brawl :/ i say if he wants to keep gettin people their brawl cant be cut off... other wise the turnout decreases... idk if they make alot of money off of us but they certainly make more if they keep more of the most popular games

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't think he takes a house cut at all. It's PnT that takes the house cut for ToF. So either gangstakirby is confused about this matter, or we're confused about what he's saying.

DZLE

Smash Master
If he wants to make brawl smaller / cut out brawl then he can.
Nobody forgot he was the host.
Just sayin.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well I'm just sayin all you people that are threatening not to show up isn't makin you look like anything except a lil *****. Host your own Brawl tourneys if you have a problem with it. I'm surprised he still even runs that stuff for you guys, other than the fact that he can hopefully get some players to get into games he actually enjoys.

All in all Nate is still way too nice anyway you look at it. Sorry if my speakin on behalf of you Nate isn't what you wanted or how you feel lol, still my opinion though.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
This is smashboards, and he is the one willing to host SMASH tournaments. So if there is no smash, then why would anyone go? Like I honestly have no other reason to attend this if there isn't going to be brawl and many others agree with me here. Whatever though, I don't want to argue.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You know, you could have clicked the "Full thread and discussion" link in the post that philbobjoe linked... Or check the Utah Thread, which also links to the thread...

___X___

Smash Lord
shh. dont make fun of me! oh and everyone play me!!!!!! corrupt what time would i be home by?
noob noob noob!!

you coming to the tournament??? hope you do! so i can **** you, hug you, and send you back home with my sonic :)

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I am pumped for this tourney! My Marth has gotten tons better... in other words I am coming to this and so is Skyray/Jesus. I dont know about Geekhead/Swa though. Also Im gonna bring my Wii.

Top Bottom