• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I'll go if someone holds my hand and massages my feet. I don't care what sex.

DZLE

Smash Master
Oh Ha Ha Ha Omg Im Laughing My A Hole Off Oh Ha Ha. . . . .

:031:
Dude you didnt come to the thursday tourney. Oh well it was expected you never do. It has been like so long since you have been to like anything dude why are you still even rankeeeed hahahahahahaha

Lanky, the probability of us teaming at bUST is 99%
The probability of us owning noobs at bUST is 100%

Minato, you think this tourney is gonna own. more like its going to bOWN!
or something :mad:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Kenny and I were talking, and we agree that LUST is a better name, as it is much easier to use in conversation. LUST: Local Utah State Tourny.

wangston

Smash Lord
FTS is there any chance I could get a screen shot of the doubles and singles results for the last tournament. I want to make an accurate bracket on tio and upload it to aib.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this and bringing my brother, although the only game on this list that i'm competent at is Brawl I might enter the melee tournament for a few laughs.

I have a couple questions:

1. Will there be a TV available for Brawl friendlies at all times for people not interested in Melee, SF, etc...?

2. Why is Green HIll ZOne not banned? DDD can abuse that stage like no other.

Edit: I can also bring my Wii.
Yes, there will be friendlies available for each of the tournament games, except for the game with a running bracket at the time.

EDIT: finally finished reformatting the first post to make it more expandable for the future (and now)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...that's kind of odd...the first post's heading says "bUST" but the thread title still says "UST 12"... (And why 12 in the first place?)
(And why am I still awake?!) :confused:

DZLE

Smash Master
Hm...that's kind of odd...the first post's heading says "bUST" but the thread title still says "UST 12"... (And why 12 in the first place?)
(And why am I still awake?!) :confused:
PC STAYING UP TIL 8?!
and yeah me and fate were talking about it today...
bUST sounds so good cause it just rolls out easy saying "bust", where as UST is "You ess tee". So annoying. Whats wrong with bust? Just because it has brawl in the name?
what if it was something like "Big Utah State Tournament" Because its like one of our biggest tournaments? It sounds stupid i know but at least we can use "bust" in casual conversation opposed to "you ess tee" or "em ay".

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Heh that sounds like when people say "Ma" like maw.

I still like bust too - maybe it doesn't need to be an acronym.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well you could just say UST, you don't have to say U-S-T.
Pronouncing UST like an acronym instead of like an initialism just sounds weird. And personally, I think bUST+ is the best of the ideas so far; it's catchy, and it perfectly describes the tournament (Utah's Brawl tournament as the main attraction, with a bunch of other games added to the side).

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Pronouncing UST like an acronym instead of like an initialism just sounds weird. And personally, I think bUST+ is the best of the ideas so far; it's catchy, and it perfectly describes the tournament (Utah's Brawl tournament as the main attraction, with a bunch of other games added to the side).
That's my idea that your talking about! w00t!

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... im just curious now. We seem to be lagging in making an executive decision. What's it going to be? bUST, lUST...?

At this point, im just wanting something besides "Metal Awesome".

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Special Guest for UST 12

For the March 28th tournament we will have a special guest. He's the leader of the texture hacking team Stack Smash, PZT. He lives in Utah now :p PZT will be coming to UST 12 to hang out, play in the Brawl tournament, and answer any questions you guys have about what he does. He will also be bringing a Wii to show off his hacks, including some never-before-seen ones. You can check it out before or after the brawl tournament.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
And we'll have kown, a TX pit player. He is either staying in Salt Lake or Park City, so I (and someone else) will need to pick him up, but if he is in SLC we can take trax if we need to.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cool.
Some of my favorite works from Stack Smash is the Captain Falcon Pikachu, Leon Magnus Marth, and the Hurricane Polymar Meta Knight.

(Whoever knows who Leon Magnus is and Hurricane Polymar gets a cookie)

FUN FACT EDIT: Leon Magnus and Marth have the same voice actor (Hikaru Midorikawa).
That's actually one of the reasons I mained Marth in Melee. LOL

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
But the main reason you choose Marth is because he's TOP TIER! :p

Anyway, when are the people that are going to Vegas planning on leaving? Would you guys still be there for the Thursday tournament? I can actually attend this week, since it's spring break, so I don't have that dreaded late class.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
just like how every noob either mains
Falco,Fox,Link,Roy,Marth, or Sheik. Ive never met anyone else that doesnt atleast use one of those as their mains

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
wii got broke ._. it may not be fixed in time for bust.... im still coming tho

But the main reason you choose Marth is because he's TOP TIER! :p

more like Top Queer

marths repressed homosexuality for Top Queer!!!

For the March 28th tournament we will have a special guest. He's the leader of the texture hacking team Stack Smash, PZT. He lives in Utah now :p PZT will be coming to UST 12 to hang out, play in the Brawl tournament, and answer any questions you guys have about what he does. He will also be bringing a Wii to show off his hacks, including some never-before-seen ones. You can check it out before or after the brawl tournament.

anyone elses pants just become mysteriously sticky?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I mained roy, then shiek then zelda then shiek again then falco then marth then fox then shiek then marth then jiggs and jiggs is where I stayed :)

I probably forgot some in there somewhere XD

Edit: I forgot Mewtwo somewhere in there. I think he was after falco.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, Dai-A did list over a fifth of Melee's cast. People are bound to play at least one of them.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
David is a douche. Top tiers are easily the funnest characters.
So, that means Link and Roy are top tier? My friend was right all along...[/sarcasm]

Anyways, back on topic, do we know if anyone from All is Brawl is coming? It'd be nice to have a big turnout like ToF. Plus, more people might give Melee another shot.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
just like how every noob either mains
Falco,Fox,Link,Roy,Marth, or Sheik. Ive never met anyone else that doesnt atleast use one of those as their mains
Uh...I mained Mario and Bowser when the game came out, and now I use Mario and Ganon. Does that count?

I did play Link, but I didn't really..."main" him...

And yes, get more people for this tourney!

Top Bottom