• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Gojira

Smash Lord
I had a name....

I came up with the perfect name. Since we have multiple fighting games I thought "Mini Evo" -or- "Mevo" is a perfect series title. I then laughed out loud and said "Zack you moron, that cant work because brawl is the main event." so I figured this would be the best title "B.S.A.B.W.P.I.A." While its not easy to say, its the best title no matter what anyone says because its a TRUE title.

So at the next tourney does anyone want to play me in Melee, SF4, or SC4? I will even take people on in taking turns in RE5 Mercenaries (not really). I am SERIOUSLY accepting MMes in Melee, Sc4, and Crash Bandicoot Warped time trials.

P.S. I will seriously give ten dollars if someone can send me a private message deciphering "B.S.A.B.W.P.I.A."

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
I came up with the perfect name. Since we have multiple fighting games I thought "Mini Evo" -or- "Mevo" is a perfect series title. I then laughed out loud and said "Zack you moron, that cant work because brawl is the main event." so I figured this would be the best title "B.S.A.B.W.P.I.A." While its not easy to say, its the best title no matter what anyone says because its a TRUE title.

So at the next tourney does anyone want to play me in Melee, SF4, or SC4? I will even take people on in taking turns in RE5 Mercenaries (not really). I am SERIOUSLY accepting MMes in Melee, Sc4, and Crash Bandicoot Warped time trials.

P.S. I will seriously give ten dollars if someone can send me a private message deciphering "B.S.A.B.W.P.I.A."
make it crash bandicoot 5 and ur on

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Brawl Sh** Always Brings Weird People Into Alaska? Only kidding, but that really was the first thing that popped in my mind...

DZLE

Smash Master
Well me and PC being in his goes without saying :D
Vertical Falcon Pawnch lol..... more like SRK

Oh, Minato, Jacob (Zangief is Mad) came into PnT the other day lol.
We were talkin it up and i mentioned you haha

Banned via Warnings
Well me and PC being in his goes without saying :D
Vertical Falcon Pawnch lol..... more like SRK

Oh, Minato, Jacob (Zangief is Mad) came into PnT the other day lol.
We were talkin it up and i mentioned you haha
hmmm no D< if its a fist the sets aflame the puanch is its claim to fame

:D mad rhymes

if anyone wants to be on the Vertical Falcon Puanch crew let me know

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about doing SF4 with $1 entry. Since SF matches go super fast compared to smash, we could expand the number of matches or go swiss+DE final 4 or something.

PC, you should totally pick up SF4 =D

Gangstakirby and Joke, you guys coming to the tournament?

DZLE, Jacob mentioned you to me last Saturday. He said you might show up to play, but you didn't :(

DZLE

Smash Master
I'm thinking about doing SF4 with $1 entry. Since SF matches go super fast compared to smash, we could expand the number of matches or go swiss+DE final 4 or something.

DZLE, Jacob mentioned you to me last Saturday. He said you might show up to play, but you didn't :(
Oh what? Man, I didnt even know anything was going down today...
My brother just got back from japan today so i have been chillin with him lol :D

Banned via Warnings

ill be thar, cant bring my wii tho i just sent it out cuz it got brokeded

also could sum1 define this "swiss+de" for me?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I was talking with kenny and it sounds like its still up in the air about if we will have teams or not. It sounded like a no when I was reading it, but Kenny says we never really got an answer, whats the good word?

PS: I will be at this one, and would like teams.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Gouken
Seth

Those two are banned.
I don't think so.
Seth sucks with his vitality and damage output. (He would've been broken if not for the damage reduction in combos)
As for Gouken, SRK's thinking he might be mid tier.

Banning a mid tier character's rather funny.

DZLE

Smash Master
I don't think so.
Seth sucks with his vitality and damage output. (He would've been broken if not for the damage reduction in combos)
As for Gouken, SRK's thinking he might be mid tier.

Banning a mid tier character's rather funny.
WTF Why did you tell me him and Seth were banned when I said I mained Gouken then??? "Dude Minato I love gouken so much" "Dude DZLE you cant use him in tourney"
Plust you can back throw into ultimate...
And seth i know nothing about so I dont really care about that.
hmm seth i can understand, i expected akuma, but why gouken? he doesnt have the impregnable defence akuma has
Gouki should not get banned. If they ban him thats bull****.
And I was told Gouken was banned for his offence. Backthrow - anything. LITERALLY. And his counter is the best in the game imo

Minato

穏やかじゃない
WTF Why did you tell me him and Seth were banned when I said I mained Gouken then??? "Dude Minato I love gouken so much" "Dude DZLE you cant use him in tourney"
I think you jumped the gun.
All I said was some people was considering him to be ban worthy. And I think I said that on the second or third week of the game's release.

And I'm sure I said somewhere in this thread that he wasn't ban worthy...
Maybe I'll go search for that post when I have time.

DZLE

Smash Master
I think you jumped the gun.
All I said was some people was considering him to be ban worthy. And I think I said that on the second or third week of the game's release.

And I'm sure I said somewhere in this thread that he wasn't ban worthy...
Maybe I'll go search for that post when I have time.
YOU BETTER. I dont believe you at all.

Hahaha JK ily Minato. SF soon. My Gouken.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
SF4:

swiss+DE = several rounds of swiss format matchups, then the top 4ish scores at the end go into a small double elimination bracket to decide top 3 (which gets rid of several faults in the swiss format at the cost of extra time)

All characters are allowed, which is the current standard. I have all characters unlocked, but there could be someone bringing the game who doesn't have seth unlocked...not much I can do about that. Please have at least Akuma + Gouken unlocked if you bring SF4.

SF4 will be on Xbox 360. Pads and sticks are allowed. The majority of the UT players have it for 360 if not both consoles. BYOC applies just like it does in smash. Waiting on borrowing input devices is not an excuse to delay your match. That doesn't mean it's impossible, though. Just understand the risk. If you have PS3 SF4 and want to bring it, it's up to you to provide 2 converters from 360 to PS3. After Evo you won't need to, since everyone should have a way to play on PS3 by then.

Smash:

A while ago I asked for a vote on Teams vs Singles. There was only one person to vote for a real option instead of "yes" or "no" until Fate voted for teams. I think singles would be better for Melee, but Brawl could go either way. Teams for brawl sounds like it would work out. I need input for that, though.

Banned via Warnings
i seriously hope gouken isnt banned ._. i wish he had a srk other than shin and forbidden but i like his bthrow>anymove its awesome considering his bthrow does little damage and people dont expect it at first

and to be honest a ken that can combo effectively i feel is better than ryu, but other than that ryu is probably the best, even tho a ridiculous amount of move now go thru his hadouken..... thats the only thing i dont like in sf 4 theres moves that make fireballs go thru them even tho they were obviously hit D<

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
SF4:

swiss+DE = several rounds of swiss format matchups, then the top 4ish scores at the end go into a small double elimination bracket to decide top 3 (which gets rid of several faults in the swiss format at the cost of extra time)

All characters are allowed, which is the current standard. I have all characters unlocked, but there could be someone bringing the game who doesn't have seth unlocked...not much I can do about that. Please have at least Akuma + Gouken unlocked if you bring SF4.

SF4 will be on Xbox 360. Pads and sticks are allowed. The majority of the UT players have it for 360 if not both consoles. BYOC applies just like it does in smash. Waiting on borrowing input devices is not an excuse to delay your match. That doesn't mean it's impossible, though. Just understand the risk. If you have PS3 SF4 and want to bring it, it's up to you to provide 2 converters from 360 to PS3. After Evo you won't need to, since everyone should have a way to play on PS3 by then.

Smash:

A while ago I asked for a vote on Teams vs Singles. There was only one person to vote for a real option instead of "yes" or "no" until Fate voted for teams. I think singles would be better for Melee, but Brawl could go either way. Teams for brawl sounds like it would work out. I need input for that, though.
Singles would be better if we can only have one, but what I ment is are we were having teams AND singles this time?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i seriously hope gouken isnt banned ._. i wish he had a srk other than shin and forbidden but i like his bthrow>anymove its awesome considering his bthrow does little damage and people dont expect it at first.
LOL That was the first thing I did on DZLE when I played as Gouken for the first time. I saw Gouken's back throw and decided to follow it up with a hurricane kick.

DZLE's all, "You can do that!?"
Good times, good times... No homo.

Oh yeah, and I suck at SF IV now. LOL
I need an arcade stick to get back to my prime and exceed that.

I guess I sort of lost interest in SF IV. For me, it's all about Marvel and Melee with a little bit of Guilty Gear.
As for crew battles, we really should do a Melee crew battle for kicks.

Banned via Warnings
LOL That was the first thing I did on DZLE when I played as Gouken for the first time. I saw Gouken's back throw and decided to follow it up with a hurricane kick.

DZLE's all, "You can do that!?"
Good times, good times... No homo.

Oh yeah, and I suck at SF IV now. LOL
I need an arcade stick to get back to my prime and exceed that.

I guess I sort of lost interest in SF IV. For me, it's all about Marvel and Melee with a little bit of Guilty Gear.
As for crew battles, we really should do a Melee crew battle for kicks.
XD the very first time i did it was into shin srk

i dun like the joystick on the ps3 arcade pad, the joystick is like sf3 2nd impacts joystick... which i hate and cant do **** on -_- but i can do most everytin wit the ps3 control so im good :D

also did u hear bout how blue blaze is comin out this year im gettin tht **** lol

also if i had my **** wii not broken i would say we should do some crew ssb64

lastly i vote we do teams on brawl...

Top Bottom