• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USB Gecko is the new Action Replay! (added potential goals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Guys, I think we should cancel this project. I don't want us to lose someone as well known as MarKO. Wait... who?

Lol@using the Gecko to fix Brawl's horrible online play, you have no idea what you're talking about.

JohnKnight and SiegKnight are ******** as all hell.

If you don't like this idea, then just ignore it.

It's not going to "ruin Brawl", seriously. Just hush up already. Every single person that's complained about it thus far isn't even noteworthy, and most haven't even existed on SWF for more than 5 months. Just be quiet and let people enjoy the game how they want to. Simple as that.
That cancel the project statement was funny...
I can respect what you said, but when I play Brawl, I wanna know that I'm playing Brawl, not Melee 2.0, because I believe that Brawl is the better game on both the leisure and the competitive fronts.

And I just realized that the online play is based more on the networking rather than the programming, but would making the game faster on the console make it play faster online? Hmmm... I smell a server crash, the last thing Nintendo needs.

Ok, neither side in this argument is making any progress.
For those of us who disapprove of this, just sit back and watch it die. There's a very low chance that this will work. They said it themselves.
And if it does, I won't care. I live in Montana, so it's not like it'll corrupt my non-existent tournys.
This was funny too... watch it die...
I hope is succeeds for those who really want it to, but I just hope it doesn't become some sort of standard. I could imagine that: I win against someone, but they say, "You only won because we were playing with Brawl programming and not Melee programming." Well excuse me for wanting to play Brawl the way Sakurai meant for it to be played.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
There is no way in hell any legit tournaments will allow this at all. With that aside, if you want a game that plays more like Melee, then go and play Melee. Stop trying to make Brawl into Melee 2.0. Seriously....

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
1. Codes are not sent online. It will not hamper online play.
2. What these people are doing is fine. Not every tourney will be like it. Brawl will be better for competitive play. Like said before, if you don't like this, ignore it.

I'm particularly looking forward to the SSE stages. Falcon Flyer will probably be banned though, due to its floatiness.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This post from smogon;

It rings so true...
You don't need 0-60% combos. What's needed is combos at all. If my opponent is able just to throw out laggy moves because all I can do to punish them is a dash attack and not follow it up, then the game is not skillful. The people at smogon don't play fighting games competitively, and so they have no business thinking they know more about it than we do. Would we tell them how to play their RPGs?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Man, I've never heard of smogon before, but a lot of them need to learn proper English if they're going to try to present themselves as knowledgeable 'debaters'

PS. Little kids who never got heavily into the melee tournament scene, you'll never understand what the game is like until you take it to that level. Stop arguing over something you don't have any real knowledge of. "To know but not to do is to not truly know"

This thread is for people who like quality games over a game ****ed up by a company whose SOLE PURPOSE is to make MONEY. I don't even understand how anyone can argue brawl being more competitive than melee when Sakurai ****ing himself said he wanted brawl to make everyone a winner. It's not a question of philosophical debate, the man in charge of creating the game officially said he was making it easier for everyone.

Before I get labeled as a smash elitist or whatever you dip****s call semi-intelligent people now a days, I do enjoy playing brawl, it is a relatively fun game. Competitive melee is still leagues beyond brawl. If anything, the melee 2.0, or whatever people are going to call it, could further enhance melee by allowing us to balance characters.

The fact of the matter is, looking at this from a standpoint where one addresses motives, one would easily make the decision that a game which is constantly tweaked by a community whose purpose is to make it competitive will be a much more competitive game than if the game were to be made by a company who wants money. So, what do you play the game for? The competitive aspect? Or to be a consumer *****?

Edit: Who the **** actually cares about online play?

/rant

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Man, I've never heard of smogon before, but a lot of them need to learn proper English if they're going to try to present themselves as knowledgeable 'debaters'

PS. Little kids who never got heavily into the melee tournament scene, you'll never understand what the game is like until you take it to that level. Stop arguing over something you don't have any real knowledge of. "To know but not to do is to not truly know"

This thread is for people who like quality games over a game ****ed up by a company whose SOLE PURPOSE is to make MONEY. I don't even understand how anyone can argue brawl being more competitive than melee when Sakurai ****ing himself said he wanted brawl to make everyone a winner. It's not a question of philosophical debate, the man in charge of creating the game officially said he was making it easier for everyone.

Before I get labeled as a smash elitist or whatever you dip****s call semi-intelligent people now a days, I do enjoy playing brawl, it is a relatively fun game. Competitive melee is still leagues beyond brawl. If anything, the melee 2.0, or whatever people are going to call it, could further enhance melee by allowing us to balance characters.

The fact of the matter is, looking at this from a standpoint where one addresses motives, one would easily make the decision that a game which is constantly tweaked by a community whose purpose is to make it competitive will be a much more competitive game than if the game were to be made by a company who wants money. So, what do you play the game for? The competitive aspect? Or to be a consumer *****?

Edit: Who the **** actually cares about online play?

/rant
So making a game easier for everyone to play doesn't make a game competitive, even though obviously more people can play it and win at it. I honestly didn't know that.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So making a game easier for everyone to play doesn't make a game competitive, even though obviously more people can play it and win at it. I honestly didn't know that.
Correct. If a game is too easy for people to become good at, then it lacks depth. Games that lack depth have a small skill gap, which is bad for a competitive game. The players who spend the time and effort to get good at a game are the ones who should always come out on top. They should be proportionately rewarded for their time investment. They shouldn't be beaten by someone who just picked up the game a couple weeks ago. A quote from one of my state's melee semi-pros regarding how pools went in a tourney, from only a few weeks ago: "I went 12 and 8. If this was a melee tourney, I would have gone 20 and 0. But no, this is a brawl tourney, so I went 12 and 8." He was exaggerating slightly, yes, although he was indeed good enough that he typically won nearly all of his pools matches in melee, and proceeded to advance far into the brackets (he was a jiggs main). In brawl, there is fundamentally a lower skill gap. A player that I couldn't even touch in melee barely beats me in brawl, and even then I win often enough that in a tourney, I would stand a decent chance of coming out on top. Mindgames are still an important aspect in brawl, but they have a relatively small payoff; you can make multiple mistakes and still win. As such, games are closer due to the very nature of the game, which allows a lesser player to do disproportionately well against a better player.

Camping's ease and effectiveness is what seems to be the biggest problem in brawl right now, and this would be designed to remedy that, and promote more skill-based gameplay.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So would there be a chance to make SSE enemies playable? Obviously it would be just for fun, but I'd love to have a Primid beat up Taboo.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
And that's why you're a scrub.

Correct. If a game is too easy for people to become good at, then it lacks depth. Games that lack depth have a small skill gap, which is bad for a competitive game. The players who spend the time and effort to get good at a game are the ones who should always come out on top. They should be proportionately rewarded for their time investment. They shouldn't be beaten by someone who just picked up the game a couple weeks ago. A quote from one of my state's melee semi-pros regarding how pools went in a tourney, from only a few weeks ago: "I went 12 and 8. If this was a melee tourney, I would have gone 20 and 0. But no, this is a brawl tourney, so I went 12 and 8." He was exaggerating slightly, yes, although he was indeed good enough that he typically won nearly all of his pools matches in melee, and proceeded to advance far into the brackets (he was a jiggs main). In brawl, there is fundamentally a lower skill gap. A player that I couldn't even touch in melee barely beats me in brawl, and even then I win often enough that in a tourney, I would stand a decent chance of coming out on top. Mindgames are still an important aspect in brawl, but they have a relatively small payoff; you can make multiple mistakes and still win. As such, games are closer due to the very nature of the game, which allows a lesser player to do disproportionately well against a better player.

Camping's ease and effectiveness is what seems to be the biggest problem in brawl right now, and this would be designed to remedy that, and promote more skill-based gameplay.
Well put

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Are some people here stupid? It must be that, or the fact that they don't understand Brawl to the depth of others.

Here is something we all need to understand. Brawl is flawed. Im sorry, it is. Melee, was alot better than Brawl in alot of ways. Not all, but many.

Also, I recommend that some posters here at least TRY to understand competative games, and the nature of competative play. If you are fuzzy in some of these areas, don't post on this particular thread.

Now that you understand that, you need to understand that some people here love Smash, and would like to play a version of it that is not flawed obviously.

One of Brawls biggest flaws is tripping. This is not a strategy, this is not a controllable variable, and I would not even consider it a mechanic. It needs to be removed in order to play Brawl at the fair and competative level that ANY fighter should be played at.

Tripping is only ONE flaw in brawl, there are others, though minor.

Again, people who are arguing that this idea is stupid, or unnecessary, are simply missing the point.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
This may become illegal if it becomes widespread (which it won't because you are never going to convince a lot of people to spend 50 extra bucks just to play competitive Brawl.)

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but hey, at least you can fiddle around with it. So have fun with it, but don't think it will catch on with enough people to make it mean anything.

But also, be careful, cause I do believe that altering an entire game without Nintendo's consent is very likely to be illegal.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Modding in any game is a common occurance. Have you heard of DoTa?

Basically, a conversion of Warcraft 3. Now there are Warcraft 3 tournaments, AND DoTa tournaments SANCTIONED by Blizzard. Did any of you know that Counter-Strike started as a community Mod?

And I'll gladly fork over 50$ to fix my Smash.

AND I'm also rather ashamed of this forum lately. This was THE Smash forum, for tournaments and competative tactics.... Now, we have found a way to SAVE Brawl from potentially dying out - and there are members of this forum blatantly being unsupportive.

Pwn.

neji32

Smash Lord
Getting rid of tripping would be alsome, but turning it to melee seems a little weird. The auto ledge grab would also be cool to disable, (whenever I try to auto grab the ledge, I dont, when I dont try I do and that just gets ridiculous) But the geko seems a little overboard cause I only like to play online, computers are too stupid, and when my friends are offline I go to basic brawl, if people start doing 999% just cause I was hit with sonics neutral A, I will be mad. But all in all, getting rid of some of the bad features sounds alsome. But even raising all the hit % up by 2 can shange the tide of the game dramatically and judges might not notice. Or increasing the hitback a little. These little changes makes a BIG difference that not everyone will catch. So I just hope they limit a litttle on what the geko(sp?) can do

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Basically, a conversion of Warcraft 3. Now there are Warcraft 3 tournaments, AND DoTa tournaments.

AND I'm also rather ashamed of this forum lately. This was THE Smash forum, for tournaments and competative tactics.... Now, we have found a way to SAVE Brawl from potentially dying out - and there are members of this forum blatantly being unsupportive.

Pwn.
The big thing here though, is that you are comparing a game with over 30 million players and a flourishing competitive scene of about 2-3 million strong (possibly a lot more), to Smash Bros, where 99% of the gaming population is casual players, and the 1% are competitive players. The number of competitive players are small as is, but not small enough not to be noticed. Just because modded tournaments exist does not mean Nintendo would just ignore something like this. It can be considered illegal, just like roms are illegal, yet people have them. Just because something exists doesen't mean it is exempt from being illegal.

The thing is, hardcore competitive players would proudly shovel over the 50$, but the number is too small, and it will hinder the potential growth of the community even more when people realize you need to pay even MORE money just to play with the other guys.

It is just far too left field to be a potential option is all I am saying.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
99% to 1%? I'd appreciate if you didn't exaggerate to the point of stupidity.

And Nintendo is known for destroying their sales by suing their fans. I don't know what I was thinking. Every game company does that.

And, since when was Counterstrike free? You had to pay for that AFTER paying for half-life to play THE multiplayer part.

Don't give me this ****, I'm not buying it. Smash is one of the highest selling games of all time, don't tell me the community isn't strong enough (on a community forum) to support upgrading it. Please understand my irritation. Every game cafe I go to (In CANNADA....) hosts Smash. I do not see how your argument is plausible.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
I find myself with mixed feelings regarding this; the idea of "fixing" brawl seems attractive, but too many things can go horribly wrong.
Let's do it. :psycho:
Wait, I have to pay $50? :mad: Screw that! Booo!!!!!!1!111!~!!

ViciousL337

Smash Rookie

Basically, a conversion of Warcraft 3. Now there are Warcraft 3 tournaments, AND DoTa tournaments SANCTIONED by Blizzard. Did any of you know that Counter-Strike started as a community Mod?

Pwn.
And in order

Well lol, DotA was a custom map made by.. blizzards custom map maker
And through its popularity blizzard decided to cash out on it
nothing like "it started a revelation of mod-gaming competition everywhere with tournaments abound and its popularity increasing by the day", ask a group of 10 people who play brawl and ask people who have even heard of DotA

And essentially counter-strike and half-life are the same thing, you are still shooting people, no technique has changed, you dont shoot him in the leg for more damage... so instead of playing brawl on score play it on coins

Smash isn't broken.

Though I guess I just supported your bottom point

Lol.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
This may become illegal if it becomes widespread (which it won't because you are never going to convince a lot of people to spend 50 extra bucks just to play competitive Brawl.)

Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but hey, at least you can fiddle around with it. So have fun with it, but don't think it will catch on with enough people to make it mean anything.

But also, be careful, cause I do believe that altering an entire game without Nintendo's consent is very likely to be illegal.
I don't really expect people to read everything in this thread since it got so long, but if you are going to post something like this when my previous two posts assessed these two issues specifically before you even posted, its ridiculous and is just a waste of time.

Basically, your argument got disproved before it was even suggested. I'm not sure how you can get pwnt much harder than that.

Same goes for 90% of criticism, if it could even be called that, in this thread. Think this is a terrible idea? Its probably already been refuted, unless you really do have a new point, then by all means present it.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
@LavisFiend, I really don't see a legal threat here. There's nothing illegal about game-altering devices like Action Replay. Gecko is just a different one. Why would it be treated differently?

@ViciousL337, Yeah, CS resembles HL because it was built from HL. But is that resemblance even necessary? Myth2 included a way to create moves, not just maps. You could create entirely unique characters with attacks and special abilities Bungie never would've thought of. A game of modified Myth2 need resemble the actual game no further than graphical design, and even that could be customized. You could create entirely unique unit designs, as well.

Even if something is left out of a map maker, players will try to remedy that. Starcraft players came up with ways to do things the original map editor never would've allowed, like stacking resources during map creation, and even the ability to stack structures in the middle of a match! The original map maker would have a heart attack if it saw some of the tricks SC players came up with.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I don't really expect people to read everything in this thread since it got so long, but if you are going to post something like this when my previous two posts assessed these two issues specifically before you even posted, its ridiculous and is just a waste of time.

Basically, your argument got disproved before it was even suggested. I'm not sure how you can get pwnt much harder than that.

Same goes for 90% of criticism, if it could even be called that, in this thread. Think this is a terrible idea? Its probably already been refuted, unless you really do have a new point, then by all means present it.
What is a waste of time is getting bitter with someone for voicing their opinion. I am not directly attacking you or saying you shouldn't do this. I am just saying that I don't believe it will work due to not being able to get a big enough group to stay loyal to this method. That's it.

I am not here to argue. I am here to voice my opinion, and leave it at that. Saying you got "pwned" is ******** in itself, because how can you pwn somebody who does not even wish to debate? Please, get off your high horse.

@Taymond: Assuming that IF this was to become mainstream and a huge deal, I can see Nintendo making it illegal due to their whole "appeal to the casual" thing. I am just saying, anything can happen.

Shiznaz

Smash Rookie
Jesus Christ you people are out of control, its a god ****ed game, don't rip apart the mechanics to make it like another. I mean what the hell, you want this?.. Have fun never playing Wi-Fi again. The creators of the game purposely changed the mechanics to make it better, go play friggen GCN if you're gonna cry about a game that has been immensely improved from Melee. If you people honestly love a game, adjust to it and make it work for you, ripping it apart won't make it better, the games mechanics were meant to be there to make it fair for everybody that plays it, just because you friggen trip doesn't mean "HOLY %#@# I CAN'T WIN TOURNEYS ANYMORE" You people that are saying "fix my brawl" there's nothing to be fixed, it's already fixed, guess what Brawl is.... yeah, that's right...

A FIXED MELEE

F@gs

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm just going to remind everyone that the Street Fighter II community has been modding the game since the first iteration. In fact, Hyper Fighting was designed based on such mods. Gaming communities have been modding games for the longest time, so the notion of modding Brawl is not some heinous, unprecedented crime. We can all get off our high-horses, and think about how awesome this game would be without tripping.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
What is a waste of time is getting bitter with someone for voicing their opinion. I am not directly attacking you or saying you shouldn't do this. I am just saying that I don't believe it will work due to not being able to get a big enough group to stay loyal to this method. That's it.

I am not here to argue. I am here to voice my opinion, and leave it at that. Saying you got "pwned" is ******** in itself, because how can you pwn somebody who does not even wish to debate? Please, get off your high horse.

@Taymond: Assuming that IF this was to become mainstream and a huge deal, I can see Nintendo making it illegal due to their whole "appeal to the casual" thing. I am just saying, anything can happen.
Dude, you clearly didn't read anything before you decided to post that. Those posts were within 2 pages away. Also, both things you said were not opinions. You said this could be illegal. Illegality is not an opinion, we have fairly clear laws which tell us whats illegal and whats not. I have already said why this is not illegal before you even posted that.

Then you say that "you are never going to convince a lot of people to spend 50 extra bucks". Opinions are not something that are absolute, yet you use absolute language like "never", and you are directly addressing me, but now you are claiming you did neither of the two. Now to mention, this is a completely irrelevant issue, since the need to spend the money will no longer be necessary according to my post immediately before that.

Imo, "pwnt" can be use to describe a situation where someone posts some something without much thought and immediately proceeds to get refuted. This time, the refuting happen before you even posted, so I think "pwnt" is very appropriate.

I don't know we are still going on with this project with all these logical, well thought out arguments that the other side poses.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Dude, you clearly didn't read anything before you decided to post that. Those posts were within 2 pages away. Also, both things you said were not opinions. You said this could be illegal. Illegality is not an opinion, we have fairly clear laws which tell us whats illegal and whats not. I have already said why this is not illegal before you even posted that.

Then you say that "you are never going to convince a lot of people to spend 50 extra bucks". Opinions are not something that are absolute, yet you use absolute language like "never", and you are directly addressing me, but now you are claiming you did neither of the two. Now to mention, this is a completely irrelevant issue, since the need to spend the money will no longer be necessary according to my post immediately before that.

Imo, "pwnt" can be use to describe a situation where someone posts some something without much thought and immediately proceeds to get refuted. This time, the refuting happen before you even posted, so I think "pwnt" is very appropriate.
Everything is opinion on the internet. There is no such thing as fact when someone makes a post. It is your own fault for making my post far more grandeur than it actually was.

and pwnt is just ******** in itself. It gives off that arrogant internet douchebag vibe because you actually think what you said makes you a god of some sort because you "virtually put someone in their place."

Let me ask you this, if my post was SO wrong, then why not leave it be? You can't convince me to think otherwise, because my opinion is my own. I did not say anything was fact, you interpreted it that way. You say "never" is an absolute word to signify me stating it as fact, when you believe your own words are fact, which are opinions of themselves.

The point here is that you got bitter over jacksquat. I gave my opinion, and that's that. You interpreted it as fact.

This conversation is done.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Everything is opinion on the internet. There is no such thing as fact when someone makes a post. It is your own fault for making my post far more grandeur than it actually was.
I didn't realize the internet had the power to turn facts into opinions. Let me try one. "2+2=4" Oh noes, 2+2 is no longer 4, its just my opinion. Now the universe will collapse because solutions to Schrodinger's Equation will no longer be normalizable, wait... why are we still here? The universe must be adhering to my opinion!

and pwnt is just ******** in itself. It gives off that arrogant internet douchebag vibe because you actually think what you said makes you a god of some sort because you "virtually put someone in their place."

Let me ask you this, if my post was SO wrong, then why not leave it be? You can't convince me to think otherwise, because my opinion is my own. I did not say anything was fact, you interpreted it that way. You say "never" is an absolute word to signify me stating it as fact, when you believe your own words are fact, which are opinions of themselves.

The point here is that you got bitter over jacksquat. I gave my opinion, and that's that. You interpreted it as fact.

This conversation is done.
You want me to leave a post that is spreading blatantly false information in a place where the average person will rarely think twice before accepting what they read? Now you are claiming they were your opinions? If you don't have the balls to stand by what you say, don't say it, or at least make it clear it was your opinion.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I didn't realize the internet had the power to turn facts into opinions. Let me try one. "2+2=4" Oh noes, 2+2 is no longer 4, its just my opinion. Now the universe will collapse because solutions to Schrodinger's Equation will no longer be normalizable, wait... why are we still here? The universe must be adhering to my opinion!

You want me to leave a post that is spreading blatantly false information in a place where the average person will rarely think twice before accepting what they read? Now you are claiming they were your opinions? If you don't have the balls to stand by what you say, don't say it, or at least make it clear it was your opinion.

Facts are not facts, even in the real world. Everything in reality and life is subjective. Everything. The only reason people perceive things as "facts" is because a majority of people share the same mind on a certain thing. Nothing in this world is absolute.

They have been my opinions from the getgo slick, yet for some reason, you fail to see this, and want to start ****. What is this crap about me not standing by what I say? In case you haven't realized, I have not once deviated from my opinion, so your whole gimmick of me not having the balls to stand by what I say is moot.

NOW you are just trying to piss me off. Just shut up before you dig yourself deeper. It must be fun to know that you will not get what you want out of people.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Beautiful ideas and potential, but it's impossible for it to become a standard. We should just play melee because it is inherently the better game.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Facts are not facts, even in the real world. Everything in reality and life is subjective. Everything. The only reason people perceive things as "facts" is because a majority of people share the same mind on a certain thing. Nothing in this world is absolute.
Mathematics consists of perfect universal truths. It is not subjective at all. Science is built upon these truths. The only things that are subjective are in peoples minds, which an almost negligible part of the universe.

They have been my opinions from the getgo slick, yet for some reason, you fail to see this, and want to start ****. What is this crap about me not standing by what I say? In case you haven't realized, I have not once deviated from my opinion, so your whole gimmick of me not having the balls to stand by what I say is moot.

NOW you are just trying to piss me off. Just shut up before you dig yourself deeper. It must be fun to know that you will not get what you want out of people.
You clearly stated them as fact originally. You can't say that claiming something is illegal is an opinion. Now you are trying to deny that and claim that they were your opinions. I'm not trying to get anything out you. I just want my thread clear of bull**** like this.

If you think its a good idea, that's great, but if you think its a bad idea, that's fine also, you are entitled to your opinion. However, if you want to base that on facts, they better be true. In your case, they are not. That's why its a problem.

Clear171

Smash Cadet
its funny the things insomnia makes you want to read.
that thing about people's minds being negligable while math is omnipotent is hilariuos.
well good luck making brawl like melee dragonblade.
you'd make alot of people on these boards happy.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I just want access to a debug menu. That's all. I liked messing with the debug menu and reading frames in Melee.

Miller

Smash Lord
Wow, your trying to make this game melee, ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE honestly, just go back to melee, It has Roy, the best character in smash history.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Mathematics consists of perfect universal truths. It is not subjective at all. Science is built upon these truths. The only things that are subjective are in peoples minds, which an almost negligible part of the universe.
Math is not perfect universal truths
The concept of 1 + 1 if not a perfect universal truth.
Anyone with a PHD in mathematics will confirm this to be true.
I can easily say 2+2=3 and it would be basically the same effect as that of 1+1=2
Such concepts are simply accepted by the great majority it does not make them perfect truth.

Science is built upon bytheory bot by perfect truths or laws.
For example the Law of Gravity does not explain the orbit of the Earth.
The Theory of Gravity does explain the orbit of the Earth.

It is why scientists and mathameticians never attempt to PROVE anything.

Anyways on topic the game should not be edited.
I can understand the removal of tripping which is incredibly unnecessary but increasing hitstun and adding L canceling would be wrong.

Brawl was given to us as is, it would not be right to change it on the account of competitiveness alone. To do so would mean it would no longer be Brawl it would be melee 2.0.
Why would people want to change Brawl so badly?
Simply because it isn;t what they desired?
Well thats a pity but we never tried to change melee into an SSB64 now did we?
Nor have we attempted to change Halo 3 into Halo 2.
We never tried changing the many other fighter games so that they would become their predecessors.
Leave Brawl as it is, to change it simply because it isn't what you wanted is the same idea as trampling upon the ideas of the creators of the game.

To remove change the core gameplay of brawl would no longer make it brawl plain and simple. Who are we to say Brawl isn't as it should be? We did not make the game we are only the consumers.
Even then we represent the competitive community which is among the smallest population in the gamer community.
Who are we to say what the game should or should not be when we do not even have a hand in its making?

Oh and such codes are not universal and therefore would not be capable of being used online unless everyone else was using them online.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
ShadowLink, do you even know what you're talking about, as far as mathematics goes? 1+1=2, period. .99999 repeating ~can~ equal one, but only with faulty math. 2+2 doesn't equal 3. If it does, give me the proofs for it.

Stop *****ing about people playing with a game how they want to.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
ShadowLink, do you even know what you're talking about, as far as mathematics goes? 1+1=2, period. .99999 repeating ~can~ equal one, but only with faulty math. .
well not to destroy your ideology but advanced level mathematicians all accept .9999999 as 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0.999...

Not that it really matters or anything but...yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom