• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

US Senate Repeals "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Milita...vote-Senate-moves-to-end-don-t-ask-don-t-tell

After a vote to end debate (and filibuster) of the standalone repeal, the US Senate voted 65-39 to repeal the 17 year old law. Once President Obama signs it, both he and Defense Secretary Gates will have to approve that its repeal would not adversely affect military readiness. 60 days after this certification, the repeal goes into effect.

Six Republican Senators - Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and George Voinovich of Ohio - voted with Democrats.

The House of Representatives passed their version on Wednesday, 250-175.

This is a historic day for LGBT citizens, as it is the first time standalone positive legislation for members of our community has passed.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Aww great, now our troops are going to have to worry about gay people trying to touch them at night >_<. This sucks.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Aww great, now our troops are going to have to worry about gay people trying to touch them at night >_<. This sucks.
Wait, please tell me you're not being serious with this post.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Oh yeah! I bet every homosexual in California who visits the gay bar every week would raise their hands in excitement as they enlisted in the army!

Is there any better way to get some gay action than by spending 7 years in a 100 degree fahrenheit combat zone halfway across the planet where the only possible reward would be to see a straight guys dong?

I THINK NOT!

US Millitary: The New Manhunt.com

Merkuri

Smash Lord
That is so much worse than worrying about getting killed in an explosion or something.
Doesn't matter if it's worse or not, they shouldn't have to worry about it at all. Our troops have enough to deal with being killed or explosions, they shouldn't have to worry about gay people trying to touch them at night either.

Oh yeah! I bet every homosexual in California who visits the gay bar every week would raise their hands in excitement as they enlisted in the army!

Is there any better way to get some gay action than by spending 7 years in a 100 degree fahrenheit combat zone halfway across the planet where the only possible reward would be to see a straight guys dong?

I THINK NOT!

US Millitary: The New Manhunt.com
I doubt gay people enlist in the army for to get other guys(I could be wrong on that though) but while they're there I'm sure they'll try and get some action, and that's a damn shame for the rest of our straight troops.

Oriondaranger

Smash Rookie
Doesn't matter if it's worse or not, they shouldn't have to worry about it at all. Our troops have enough to deal with being killed or explosions, they shouldn't have to worry about gay people trying to touch them at night either.

I doubt gay people enlist in the army for to get other guys(I could be wrong on that though) but while they're there I'm sure they'll try and get some action, and that's a damn shame for the rest of our straight troops.
You're saying a whole lot of really wack ****. Your homophobia is showing. How about you check some statistics before you go off assuming the gay men and women of the US military are going to be a bunch of sexual deviants. It's disgusting you would even make such an allegation.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
I don't like lesbians in particular. There are a lot of gay women in the military, especially in the Marines believe it or not. They should all be discharged but whatever.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Guys, stop feeding the troll. When you ignore it and deprive it of its primary food source (attention) it will die off.

This news is great, and I am glad it was finally passed. It's illogical to deny a person who is gay from serving but allow people who don't want to really serve serve for benefits.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, I worked under a lesbian while I was in the military. My opinion does not stem from no experience. Trust me, working with lesbians in my experience is much harder to work with than straight women.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
No you couldn't.

No you're not.
Right so you honestly think that gay people are going to sleep in a room with a bunch of Penises and anuses and not trying to get laid? You're being naive and down right stupid.

You're saying a whole lot of really wack ****. Your homophobia is showing. How about you check some statistics before you go off assuming the gay men and women of the US military are going to be a bunch of sexual deviants. It's disgusting you would even make such an allegation.
I'm not homophobic, I just wish our troops didn't have to deal with this bull****. The don't ask don't tell policy was created to ensure troops that they wouldn't be solicited by homosexuals, and now that insurance is gone.

I don't know wtf you're talking about statistics for, any statistics will tell you that gay men do in fact hit on straight men; and if you think that for some magical reason this won't happen in the military then you're just being silly.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Right so you honestly think that gay people are going to sleep in a room with a bunch of Penis and anus and not trying to get laid? You're being naive and down right stupid.

I'm not homophobic, I just wish our troops didn't have to deal with this bull****. The don't ask don't tell policy was created to ensure troops that they wouldn't be solicited by homosexuals, and now that insurance is gone.

I don't know wtf you're talking about statistics for, any statistics will tell you that gay men do in fact hit on straight men; and if you think that for some magical reason this won't happen in the military then you're just being silly.
It's not as prevalent though with men. If a unit finds out that a man is gay, he WILL get his *** beat. Much more likely to happen in the Marines. Gay men don't flaunt their gayness in the military.

Women on the other hand is a lot harder to prove that they are gay, and therefore harder to discharge. It's only prevalent that you can tell a woman is gay if she is really butch and has no feminine characteristics at all. Even then, her unit will still let her serve regardless. At least from what I have seen.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Guys, stop feeding the troll. When you ignore it and deprive it of its primary food source (attention) it will die off.

This news is great, and I am glad it was finally passed. It's illogical to deny a person who is gay from serving but allow people who don't want to really serve serve for benefits.
Wow this really annoys me. You think that because you're an administrator you can come in here and dictate to others to ignore opinions that you don't like? The thought that only a troll could disagree with this policy is pure idiocy. I hate seeing abuse of authority, make an argument against me if you disagree with what I said.

It's not as prevalent though with men. If a unit finds out that a man is gay, he WILL get his *** beat. Much more likely to happen in the Marines. Gay men don't flaunt their gayness in the military.

Women on the other hand is a lot harder to prove that they are gay, and therefore harder to discharge. It's only prevalent that you can tell a woman is gay if she is really butch and has no feminine characteristics at all. Even then, her unit will still let her serve regardless. At lest from what I have seen.
I think that's simply on account that women are more accepting of lesbians than men are of gays. I suppose simply for a policy perspective you'd be right, but functionally it's different since Lesbians would be less disruptive than gay men.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
I think that's simply on account that women are more accepting of lesbians than men are of gays. I suppose simply for a policy perspective you'd be right, but functionally it's different since Lesbians would be less disruptive than gay men.
Bro, trust me. Gay men keep to themselves MOST of the time. I had no problem working with gay dudes. Those women however......oh my god. Working under a lesbian, you basically have to kiss her *** by saying "Yes ma'am" to her and treat her with undeserved respect. Men don't trip on no petty bull-****, they only care if you get the job done.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Right so you honestly think that gay people are going to sleep in a room with a bunch of Penis and anus and not trying to get laid? You're being naive and down right stupid.
I'm not the one advocating stereotypes.

You wouldn't call me naive and stupid if I said that not every heterosexual man tries to **** every female with a heartbeat he comes across, would you?

BAD

Smash Apprentice

You wouldn't call me naive and stupid if I said that not every heterosexual man tries to **** every female with a heartbeat he comes across, would you?
Actually, there is some truth to that statement. There are men out there that will try to **** anything with a hole.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Final point I want to bring up before I move on from this particular argument :p.

I have 3 straight roomates I live with. They all have male sexual organs. Every night, we all sleep in the same room. Do you know what I like to do to sleeping straight guys at night?

Nothing!

It's a shame people still think this way. How could you even tell who was gay unless they said something? Which they wouldn't because doing so would cause them to get ****ed up.

Anyway I'm glad for this. I myself was thinking about going to Navy a few years back but decided against it for reasons such as this.

BAD

Smash Apprentice
Final point I want to bring up before I move on from this particular argument :p.

I have 3 straight roomates I live with. They all have male sexual organs. Every night, we all sleep in the same room. Do you know what I like to do to sleeping straight guys at night?

Nothing!

It's a shame people still think this way. How could you even tell who was gay unless they said something? Which they wouldn't because doing so would cause them to get ****ed up.

Anyway I'm glad for this. I myself was thinking about going to Navy a few years back but decided against it for reasons such as this.
Don't let that stop you from joining the Navy. Really, the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy is just an excuse to discharge gay people if the majority of the command does not like that person or that person doesn't work up to standards.

Even if people figure out that you are gay, chances are you won't get discharged unless you piss off your command somehow. If your a productive member then you won't get discharged for being gay.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

Not every straight man tries to do that, but some straight men do. Just like some gay men try to **** men he comes across while he's enlisted in teh milatray. Honestly it's a very simple concept and people are just being naive and thinking wishfully if they believe this won't happen.

Nothing!

You are one person and not representative of the gay community, if we do suppose that what you are telling us is in fact the truth then it's still a moot point. Just because you don't want to straight men sleeping at night doesn't mean that other gay men won't.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Guys, if a man decides to go fight for years on end, I don't think he'd do it just for the guys. Plus, just because gays are gay, dosn't mean they arn't like us. It is just an orientation, not a way of life. If they're that dedicated to their country to join the military, I don't think they'd wanna be discharged on charges of **** or anything. Please, just being gay makes you no different then being straight. I know several awesome gay people. This should've been repealed long ago, it's amazing it just got through.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The lack of respect for the professionalism of our armed forces is astounding.

I'm glad our military is finally catching up with Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Republic of China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Bermuda, and Uruguay. These countries have had integrated forces for years without any of the purported impacts happening, proving that there's no threat to unit cohesion or national security.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Guys, if a man decides to go fight for years on end, I don't think he'd do it just for the guys. Plus, just because gays are gay, dosn't mean they arn't like us. It is just an orientation, not a way of life. If they're that dedicated to their country to join the military, I don't think they'd wanna be discharged on charges of **** or anything. Please, just being gay makes you no different then being straight. I know several awesome gay people. This should've been repealed long ago, it's amazing it just got through.
Lust is powerful motivator, you'd be surprised what sodomites(I use sodomites here because gays is too broad of a word, my problem is specifically with gay people who enjoy having anal sex) will be tempted to do when their surrounded by men constantly. This is really a load of bull****, do they really want straight men and gay sodomites sharing the same showers? Having to change in front of each other? They wouldn't force the same things upon women in relation to men so I don't see why straight guys should have to deal with these sodomites?l I guess Obama is just looking at getting votes instead of thinking what's actually best for our country.

Stop replying to Merkuri. I don't want this thread closed, but that is the quickest way to get there.
Something needs to be done about you, all you do is mindlessly defend your gay brethren whereever you go. Enough is enough already.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I'm going to quote this since you apparently didn't read it Merkuri.

The lack of respect for the professionalism of our armed forces is astounding.

I'm glad our military is finally catching up with Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Republic of China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Bermuda, and Uruguay. These countries have had integrated forces for years without any of the purported impacts happening, proving that there's no threat to unit cohesion or national security.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you still get discharged for molesting the guys you serve with, lol.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure you still get discharged for molesting the guys you serve with, lol.
What are you talking about? These sodomites are now protected BY LAW to sexually harass, abuse, and **** straight, church-going soldiers. It's the end of civilization!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And in response to the quote in the above post, aren't like 60-70% of gay people sodomites anyways? I mean, I'm pretty sure there's not many other ways to have sexual pleasure with another man besides butt sex besides oral sex.

Btw, I like men. If I were to serve in the ****ing military, I'd be more concerned whether or not I'm going to die at any moment by muslims tied to bombs (I'm just using the stereotype given to Muslims btw, so no offense, I really have no problem against them except for the radicals) instead of wondering whether or not I should go **** the person right next to me, which I'm pretty sure is against the law.

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah, this. Merkuri, the only people in the armed forces who will take offense to this are the kind of homophobic jocks who shouldn't be the people who are out there representing our country in the field anyways, partially because they're sexist pigs, but mostly because they're sexually insecure, and that to the extent that it makes them less effective in the field and should be treated as such. If you care too much about if your roomate rubs his junk with other guys than about the IED you're about to hit, then that's your problem; learn to not be such a ******. I mean, imagine a female soldier who feels uncomfortable around straight men because they could touch her at any time when she's sleeping. Why does she get a big fat "deal with it" but the homophobic sexists are able to say, "I can't work like this" and get all gays banned from the army?

Furthermore, it seems like your worries revolve around two major mistakes in reasoning:
-All homosexuals are constantly interested in sex with the same sex all the time, regardless of other features. Buddy, I can tell you that in the recent while, there's been a grand total of like 3 guys who have actually tweaked my fancy, out of the, what, few hundred I have consistent contact (read: they're my friends, I talk to them. Not PHYSICAL contact, because I'm gessing this has to be explained to you) with.
-You wouldn't get in deep **** for doing whatever you're afraid of without DADT. If you go up to a woman and start putting your hands all over her genitals without her permission, do you think the army will just say "go for it son" and watch? Why should it be different for men? It's called "sexual harassment" and it's punishable by law almost everywhere.

And in response to the quote in the above post, aren't like 60-70% of gay people sodomites anyways? I mean, I'm pretty sure there's not many other ways to have sexual pleasure with another man besides butt sex besides oral sex.
EQUAL RIGHTS FOR FROTTERS!!!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Actually, sodomy refers to anything non-procreative:

sodomy: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal (source).

In short, most adults could be considered sodomites.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not every straight man tries to do that, but some straight men do. Just like some gay men try to **** men he comes across while he's enlisted in teh milatray. Honestly it's a very simple concept and people are just being naive and thinking wishfully if they believe this won't happen.
So, what about straight men in the military hitting on women in the military (or vice versa)? Sexual harassment of either straight or homosexual type would be considered a problem, but it's the harassment itself that's the issue, not the type of harassment.

Something needs to be done about you, all you do is mindlessly defend your gay brethren whereever you go. Enough is enough already.
He defends his principles the same way you seem to defend yours. If something needs to be done about him, then something needs to be done about you and everyone else in this thread.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
If he ignored D'oh post then he's not going to listen to anyone elses.

There's no point trying to use silly things like 'logic' and 'facts' for people like this.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This thread got bad quickly.
Good news for the gay people who want to join the military though.
This is why I said don't reply to Merk.

indeed. Perhaps a "final solution" is in order.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Actually, sodomy refers to anything non-procreative:

sodomy: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal (source).

In short, most adults could be considered sodomites.
Interesting. I always thought that sodomy was just anal sex, but I guess I'm wrong then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom