• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
There will be no room for a king, when a tyrant rules New York with an iron fist.

(Speaking of iron fists, hopefully Ganondorf is remotely usable in Smash 4.)
I'm hoping the same with Captain Falcon.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
hopefully Ganondorf is remotely usable in Smash 4.
This

Anyway, I can't share the details yet, but the "thing in the works" is Brawl exclusively, and probably won't be worth it for people who aren't in the immediate area of Syracuse.

Sorry Rochester, and sorry Melee guys, if this was in my control there would be Melee as well.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480

Yes that is the legendary Ike main. I talked to him last night. Goggles prepare to be #exposed

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Before I got into Smash I knew San from this game called Mount & Blade: Warband on PC. We both play this mod called cRPG just by chance, which is where the screenshot is from. When I got into Smash I found out San played it as well and that he lived relatively close lol. Small world.

Not so shockingly, San is a beast at not only Smash but cRPG. So far I'm only a beast at cRPG (although San kicks my butt) lol, but that gives me hope for Smash in a way.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He doesn't look or act it, but hes one of the smartest guys I've ever played, aside from his decisions at the character select screen, but who am I to talk lol. That's why I like Brawl though. It forces you to become a smarter player in order to get better at the game.

Also, I dont know when the next tournament is but its looking like it might be scheduled on the same day as the first MLG event, if youre talking about the one that the Slicks are running up in Jefferson.

And you can talk junk all you want, just know that if I beat him, yall are gonna get it back from me twice as hard.

p.s. I saw mask and ringworm on the Apex registration list for doubles. Good luck guys and try not to get dumpstered too hard.

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a local rochester smasher who's tired of MCC's casual gameroom and am looking to level up my game and join in this community. Is the event still going on weekly? Is the location and all the info still the same as on the facebook group?

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm a local rochester smasher who's tired of MCC's casual gameroom and am looking to level up my game and join in this community. Is the event still going on weekly? Is the location and all the info still the same as on the facebook group?
More or less, yeah :D RIT's kinda the place to be, but I also host at the Eastman School of Music from time to time.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Waaaah, there's a lot of tournaments coming! Is there like a calendar that we can make to keep track of them for everyone? If gotta it all straight!

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Any New Yorkers wanna come to NEPA for a Melee tournament? We're getting hype from across the state and we wanna see if we can get any NY/NJ interest since you guys are only 2 hours out at most.

http://smashboards.com/threads/marc...ty-college-nanticoke-pa.347252/#post-16284818
Worth thinking about going, but since it falls between Nipple Spikes and NSA2, might be hard on the budget.

Bumping this thread, maybe it's due for a revival. Bug Beta about front page maintenance.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I would have, although unfortunately I don't think Smashboards notifies anyone when you edit said post. I wanted people in my area to be notified, and there was no other way to do it, so again I apologize

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Shoutouts to Nintendude beating Chudat in an IC's ditto.

Nipple Spikes is coming up in 2 weeks! Make sure to come out to this, we have lots of regions in NY (and PA!) coming out in force. And a rumoured Upstate vs Downstate crew battle.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Hey I'm gonna be attending UBuffalo next semester (Fall 2014) and was wondering who's at the school in terms of melee players?
I'm a Falco/Fox main, up and comer, and I'm looking to get a big scene started when i get to ubuffalo. Whats the scene like up there?

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Nintendude beating Chudat in an IC's ditto.

Nipple Spikes is coming up in 2 weeks! Make sure to come out to this, we have lots of regions in NY (and PA!) coming out in force. And a rumoured Upstate vs Downstate crew battle.
What's downstate considered.

gravy

Smash Ace
Hey I'm gonna be attending UBuffalo next semester (Fall 2014) and was wondering who's at the school in terms of melee players?
I'm a Falco/Fox main, up and comer, and I'm looking to get a big scene started when i get to ubuffalo. Whats the scene like up there?
You're going to want to get ahold of asylum about this, message me on Facebook if you want (Dustin white) and I'll give you the hook up

Acton

Smash Journeyman
One more year of school, then I'll be coming down on all you scrubs in ssb4 like a ton of bricks!

Remember. . .

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -Bruce Lee

WHOSE HYPE FOR SSB4?!

IM CALLING EVERYONE OUT! GET-AT-ME!

See you guys in '15.^^

Top Bottom