• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Xubble

Smash Ace
I meant to say dair. Don't know why I didn't.

Bair on shield is no bueno unless you're jumping as you do it (and if you're jumping and hitting the shield, you were already in range of a grab when you jumped. So I assumed this scenerio is more-or-less impossible).

I thought about swallow, but if you screw it up, you're left with a lot of lag and thus a loss of stock if it's punished. So I figured the risk wasn't worth the 10% damage you'd tack on.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I meant to say dair. Don't know why I didn't.

Bair on shield is no bueno unless you're jumping as you do it (and if you're jumping and hitting the shield, you were already in range of a grab when you jumped. So I assumed this scenerio is more-or-less impossible).

I thought about swallow, but if you screw it up, you're left with a lot of lag and thus a loss of stock if it's punished. So I figured the risk wasn't worth the 10% damage you'd tack on.
Bair has more horizontal reach than his grab, and Dedede's grab has poor vertical reach (so he can't grab you from a jumping spaced bair). And after bair, you can jump away (thus avoiding landing), input a reverse swallow, or a second bair (if the Dedede tried shield grabbing the first bair or put down his shield for any other reason)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tyrant beat me in ddd dittos the last time we played. So hes not a joke. But you gotta be on point with those grabs. Infinites are legal at the tournament. So practice everything.

Ill be practicing my ness chain grabs just for leet 0.

Yo tyrant, you finally confident enough to fight my sonic yet? You wasnt even trying to see it the last time i saw you lol

:phone:

Xubble

Smash Ace
If you're jumping away, you're likely going to get chased down since his air mobility is slow even compared to his ground mobility. Then you have to make a landing with a Dedede waiting at the ground who can simply shield as you descend and watch what you do. Swallow? Roll behind (or stay put if it's b reversed) and go for the grab. Bair? Nair? Jet Hammer? Shieldgrab.

If you're gonna input a reverse swallow, rolling behind you will result in you getting grabbed.

I see swallow as a 50/50 move since you cannot cover both sides of yourself simultaneously and the lag is basically a guarantee that you'll get punished. It's either gonna work and put both Dededes back into a neutral position or result in a stock loss.

And I'll be sure to keep my shield up if you're approaching with bair. ;)

Honestly, damage percentage means absolutely nothing in the match except when edgeguarding (IF that even happens). The focus of the match is to get the grab. Once you have it (and assuming you don't mess up), you've put yourself a stock ahead.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Jump onto a platform after bairing/fairing/dairing, assault him with more jumping bairs/dairs, mix up how you land, and read the Dedede on the ground. It's very possible to attack Dedede with Dedede without getting grabbed the majority of the time. Any result of you getting grabbed is from you getting read, rather than a practical inevitability.

Yo tyrant, you finally confident enough to fight my sonic yet? You wasnt even trying to see it the last time i saw you lol

I still don't like Sonic :p but I'll definitely be more confident this time around.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
whats this brawl talk **** where u melee ppl. ima **** u all up at dustbowl. and erk n beta come by this week coming up i have the whole next thursday off or tuesday up til 6

huMps

Smash Ace
I got you Beta. I'll gladly take the heat.

JTEG - Wins
Beta - Obvious 2nd
Lefty - Solid
Neil - Should probably be 3rd
Vicious - Short drop from 3rd to 5th
Foy - Fiz
Erk - Keep playing
Nitro - Results
Flaw - Up
Inty - And
Gravy - Cummers.
Pyro - Roy
A Nub - Chokes
Soma - Unquestionably the worst

No real formula to this but IMO it's accurate. If their is some blatant mistake that can be shown with results then "my bad." Suck it

RTF, Goggles, Charles - Not enough entrys to judge.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
as reference to bowling, id honestly love to do it. i doubt there will be time during when i am around for dustbowl, but keep it in mind. id totally throw down money for a bowling match haha.

and though i may not have had a 215, i was able to recently pull my average up to 196 in my weekly league. sooo thats not too bad.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Neil would beat/is better than lefty unquestionably.

Lefty doesnt play to win. Ive watched them play and just like everyone else hes more technical. And hes almost as smart. But as long as lefty continues to play with his own scrubby internal 'i dont chaingrab with shiek' ruleset, hell never beat neil. Neils too old and too gay.

Also, i will forever be exactly one step behind steffon lol

Rob i dont know. Havent played with him in a while oddly...

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
L-Don's always good at bowling. He pretty much inspired me to get better and he's always been like 30 pins or higher up on me.

As for me... I'm gonna be honest, it's been a rollercoaster for me. I've been steadily rising overall, but not with a ton of drops in between. Right now I'd say my avg is only around the 160s. L-Don's is in the 200s........ maybe my new ball will help me out when I get it. College gives good deals for bowling balls. :D

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Neil would beat/is better than lefty unquestionably.

Lefty doesnt play to win. Ive watched them play and just like everyone else hes more technical. And hes almost as smart. But as long as lefty continues to play with his own scrubby internal 'i dont chaingrab with shiek' ruleset, hell never beat neil. Neils too old and too gay.

Also, i will forever be exactly one step behind steffon lol

Rob i dont know. Havent played with him in a while oddly...

Yeah srsly.

Lefty's good. My interpretation of him is he does that thing that Foy used to do all the time but then Foy serious'd up and got way better. Lotsa potential, we didn't srsly too hard but he needs to work on his chaingrabs :p

gg's tonight!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I was thinking the same thing but I didnt want to say that because of what happened the last time I did an analysis on Foy. lol. rayge fah dayz.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
i thought tasha cosplay was really good.

but maybe it's cause she gets the bg too

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just cuz you need to reload your BB Gun often and fire it rapidly doesn't give ya braggin' rights. XD Sorry man, was far too easy to resist.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Then for now, I shall do so. Besides...I need to work on my control with Falcon and Samus anyways. Off to Melee it up!

Top Bottom