• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
+respect points for the update

Also, a top five lucario in the country not being on the pr actually makes this region look like its good or something.

This needs to be rectified lol

:phone:

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
meh, I'm only top 5 because there's not that many Lucario players out there to begin with. A lot of people around here are at a close skill level so it's pretty much a matter of who can come through with the victory in close matches, which is something I often fail at right now. I can arguably be tied for #5 right now but Vibe beating me hurt my position a lot and I felt that Tyrant deserved it anyways for getting a big win against mauve.

All in all, I don't really care. I've been treating this game as a casual experience and I don't really deserve to be on the PR until I put more time and dedication into this game, which will probably be never, so it's chill.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
No_Skillz won't be able to make Smash club tonight, so unless you can provide me with a ride back Zaandaa, I won't be able to return your bag until next Friday.
Next week's the last Smash Club meeting this semester, and May 5 is our semi-tournament. Hopefully you can come to one of those.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
i don't really understand why pikapika is 3rd. did he only go to one tournament and place pretty good? where as mauve has gone to two and placed VERY well?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
PikaPika defeated Mauve at Upstate, then Mauve lost to me.

PikaPika has also only lost to San at that tournament.
oh wow i didn't know he went to that. i didn't even realize the results thread was up. good **** tyrant!

EDIT: its so crazy though, to see mauve beat cura and you, then at another tournament lose to you and pika pika, who then lose to cura.
so much **** is in my head right now.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
salt, even though everything here makes sense. Anyways I doubt I'll be practicing anymore, and I don't think I'll be attending any more tourneys that are outside of RPI, so I guess my 1 PR ranking will have to do.

Pretty much gonna go altarian status.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Nice updates. 2nd Upstate Battle Series should go up. I think that's May 19 or something. PR looks good. I don't know why Cura is on there but i guess his rank will drop once he's out of the comm.

Lol hi Toketon.

Vibe you were on the PR at one point right?

Sharky

Smash Master
I would assume that it's a reflection of the past season rather than a look at what to expect coming up, but yeah he won't be in the next edition, I'm sure.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Pretty much what Sharky said. If Cura actually quits this time and doesn't participate in any future tournaments, he can be expected to not be on the next PR.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Cura took a set off of him at one of the BEST's.

I was very close in both games last tournament like kill % last stock, but that's a could of/would of sort of thing.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Nice to see the rankings up. I completely agree with the Top 5, although I'm a little disappointed it's not a top 10 and there's no theme, but really only the players mentioned on the OP matter anyway. Everyone on there + Goggles is in a different league with everybody else, some debatable.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see the rankings up. I completely agree with the Top 5, although I'm a little disappointed it's not a top 10 and there's no theme, but really only the players mentioned on the OP matter anyway. Everyone on there + Goggles is in a different league with everybody else, some debatable.
If anyone wants to do the art/theme for the next one Please hit me up. To tell the truth I wasnt very keen on doing it just blank text, but because ya'll cant live without a pr i figured it was better to just put it out there then hear the *****ing.

also big ups to tyrant he gathered like all the win/lose data from the last tournys without me even asking, Like ALL OF IT. hes a beast and made it super easy.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
also big ups to tyrant he gathered like all the win/lose data from the last tournys without me even asking, Like ALL OF IT. hes a beast and made it super easy.
yeah same. im really happy tyrant is part of the scene here. really informative and a nice guy and helps out. also good at the game is a plus too

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Btw, it's not "Scratch That" - it's "Dat". Ebonix 4 lyph3 and what-not.

Also, top player in NY is an Ike main? Interesting.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
It's unlikely I'll make it to scratch dat now, since I noticed it was memorial day weekend. It would be very unlikely they'd grant me a day off.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
If anyone wants to do the art/theme for the next one Please hit me up. To tell the truth I wasnt very keen on doing it just blank text, but because ya'll cant live without a pr i figured it was better to just put it out there then hear the *****ing.

ok, I made a pr of all the players that matter:

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Well I requested the day off we'll see what happens.

Also I was playing this kirby main on wifi and best him with every character but wario and olimar. I got 2 stocked as wario but 2 stocked him with both my pt and samus. What the hell is wrong with me

:phone:

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
this is kind of far reaching, but i may host a tournament some time next sem.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
San, if you're still up at Cornell this weekend I'm going to be visiting a friend there, so if you want to play brawl for a little bit Saturday I'm down.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
So. I play League of Legends now.

That's like my 20th game change.

Summoner name is YumekuiVibe and I play Riven/Kayle atm. I'm not half bad for a level 12 either.

Top Bottom