• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
This scene is so dead. Lol.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Skull Girls is going to be my main game now. It's just ridiculously good in every way.

I'm a Ms. Fortune/Parasoul player.

Anyone else play?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
There half a dozen people playing in my basement right now.

also, like, 4 really good/highprofile games have come out in the last couple months erk.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Aye dawgs, I'm hosting a tournament in Bloomingburg, NY. Just moved to upstate last year, so this'll be my first time hosting a tournament in NY.

Luckily I found this venue and the owner is down for some smashfests and tourneys and everything else in-between as long as people are interested.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321375 is the link to the tournament.

I only recognize a handful of people from upstate NY, so I'd love to meet and play everyone else reppin' the mountains.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
48 hours left for the special 30$ pre-register price for Civil War 4. Save yourself 10$

http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Join players: [FC] NYChrisG, Dieminion, UVG Noel Brown, MH|AlukardNY, DMG MCZ Lud, MH|Rayray, Dr.PP, Alex Strife, Ultradavid, Skisonic, DJ Huoshen, RyRy and many more as they all battle for EVO points and the right to raise up one of our Civil War champion swords!

The action starts on Friday night with hype team (FGC) and possible crew (Smash) tournaments! Catch up on after hours exhibition matches in the 24hr Salty Suite! Side tournaments for 64/Brawl also welcome on Friday night as well as friendlies! Come play on one of the 8 arcade cabinets set on free play the entire weekend! Enjoy the multitude of food options with over 50 food establishments within 3 miles, along with with plenty of delivery options.

If you can't make it, catch all the action streamed by Team Sp00ky and Bifuteki

For more information: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/CivilWarDetails

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318539
https://www.facebook.com/events/284773714913236/

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'm still here, just a lot of schoolwork/back into wifi. Hopefully after these intense few weeks I'll be around more again.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Soo. . . whats up guys? :D Been a while! I'm doing great in school! Have a 3.5 gpa, go to school and work seven days a week (I feel like an asian), and I'm generally enjoying life besides the lack of sleep! :D I see there's a tournament going on in my area, can't make it and haven't been active lately, but its cool to see stuff is going on in my area.

I haven't really kept up with brawl at all. I did some lurking and all I have to say is damn. MK banned, then the URC or whatever they're called disbanding? Seems like the brawl community is falling apart. I don't really see brawl staying around like Melee did when the new smash game comes out. That's just me though, and I don't know ****. I never really played melee but melee was a game of its time, and it has more followers because of its context in our generation etc. Brawl just isn't the same as Melee, and I'm not talking about game dynamics.

I see Cura is leaving the syracuse scene at the end of may! Are you and Frannie still going to Japan? Good luck to you guys! I miss the smash fest at Cura's place, and the eating money matches with sharky. ;_; Life moves on and change isn't always a bad thing. I definitely enjoy my life a lot more now being in college, besides smash I really hated it up in syracuse.

Anyway keep it real guys, and continue playing! Life is to enjoy. =)

Sharky

Smash Master
Soo. . . whats up guys? :D Been a while! I'm doing great in school! Have a 3.5 gpa, go to school and work seven days a week (I feel like an asian), and I'm generally enjoying life besides the lack of sleep! :D I see there's a tournament going on in my area, can't make it and haven't been active lately, but its cool to see stuff is going on in my area.

I haven't really kept up with brawl at all. I did some lurking and all I have to say is damn. MK banned, then the URC or whatever they're called disbanding? Seems like the brawl community is falling apart. I don't really see brawl staying around like Melee did when the new smash game comes out. That's just me though, and I don't know ****. I never really played melee but melee was a game of its time, and it has more followers because of its context in our generation etc. Brawl just isn't the same as Melee, and I'm not talking about game dynamics.

I see Cura is leaving the syracuse scene at the end of may! Are you and Frannie still going to Japan? Good luck to you guys! I miss the smash fest at Cura's place, and the eating money matches with sharky. ;_; Life moves on and change isn't always a bad thing. I definitely enjoy my life a lot more now being in college, besides smash I really hated it up in syracuse.

Anyway keep it real guys, and continue playing! Life is to enjoy. =)
nom nom nom. I miss the money =P

Where do you go to school, now?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
No_Skillz won't be able to make Smash club tonight, so unless you can provide me with a ride back Zaandaa, I won't be able to return your bag until next Friday.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to Suny Ulster, it's about 10 minutes north of Suny New Paltz. Majoring in nursing, and I work full time at a brain trauma center. I won some of those money matches against you by the way sharky! :p . . most of them I lost though ._. . I've got no days off, work 4 days a week and go to school the other three. Last week of classes is next week and I can't wait.

I miss everyone in the Syracuse scene, so many memories. =s

Sharky

Smash Master
I was mainly talking about the eating mm but yes you've won a couple smash ones =P You should try to come to a cuse tourney in the fall, me erk and beta want to try to figure something out.

Top Bottom