• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
someone *cough* that really likes hacks *cough* got some version of projct M and wants to run it tomorrow at EGS. I'm trying to figure out how to have the appropriate amount of TV's for this. if anyone feels like bringing a setup or something it would make me happy :D
How'd you already get it?

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure they've started releasing it to the public. I know they're planning to have a Project M tourney at pound, and they said they were going to make it available prior to pound so people could practice it. It may not be quite "official" yet but they definitely had plans to start getting it out to people around nowish.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I think he said it was from the end of december? not too far out, probably still quite playable. I'm at least enticed to figure out what happened since I last played it (this past summer). Last time I played, it was bad, so we'll see.

Kydo

Smash Cadet
How many people do you think will be at AXS this year? This would be my first brawl tourney!...

a nub

Smash Ace
Even if classes arent cancelled I'm betting some profs just wont show up if the weather's really bad

Also, I'm gonna ask again, did anyone take my melee disc at smash club on friday? I'd really like it back tomorrow

=/

Kydo

Smash Cadet
I hope i can make it to AXS in March. I may have to take the bus from B-lo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure slashy on the dev crew for that game. so anything he bring is most current.

but I dont know how many people will be at egs just based on the fact that we might literally have 2 feet of snow.

@ kydo.
maybe friday or something? im trying to get the dude i know in buff over here.

altairian

Smash Lord
AXS will have a solid turnout and it's being run by experienced TO's. There's no reason to not travel to it if you have the means. Also the best thing you can do for any tournament that you're attending or want to attend is to TELL PEOPLE! When you say to people "hey I'm going to this", it gives them incentive to go as well. The more hype, the better the turnout.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm pretty sure they've started releasing it to the public. I know they're planning to have a Project M tourney at pound, and they said they were going to make it available prior to pound so people could practice it. It may not be quite "official" yet but they definitely had plans to start getting it out to people around nowish.
Anything that has not been released by us officially is an outdated, leaked version of the game and it would be wise to not play it and just wait for the demo to come out (which is very soon by the way). A month old version is very outdated if you look at the amount of revisions we go through on the site (www.projectm.smashmods.com) daily.

Edit: Also Slashy is not part of the dev team so no whatever he brought or has is not updated.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Even if classes arent cancelled I'm betting some profs just wont show up if the weather's really bad

Also, I'm gonna ask again, did anyone take my melee disc at smash club on friday? I'd really like it back tomorrow

=/
Ian has it.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please clarify the dates for me? When/where's EGS, AXS, and 2nd Best? I keep getting the dates confused, what with numbers and dates and locations being thrown around every which-way.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Does anyone else want to make the PVP thread? Otherwise I'll make it.

I'd like players to show up on time to their events, it is possible to get all these events done in a day if there is not an issue with delaying events.

Minus will be run concurrently with Melee, as usual.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Does anyone else want to make the PVP thread? Otherwise I'll make it.

I'd like players to show up on time to their events, it is possible to get all these events done in a day if there is not an issue with delaying events.

Minus will be run concurrently with Melee, as usual.
Go ahead and post it.

Top Bottom