• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

huMps

Smash Ace
So I went from Level 2 to 20 last night some where in between 9 and 10 pm. Smash epiphany *****es, hope it wasnt a fluke.

Also - Total obliteration of the smash coin is kinda sad. I guess these little dots are asthetically pleasing thiough.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
This new layout is terrible. It's really obnoxious. The site did not need a redesign at all. This is some of the worst website design I've seen a while.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I use smashboards mobile even on my PC. Bare bones and to the point. I almost puked when I saw the new layout, fawful! So trendy.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I like the new site...It looks fresh and awesome.

In other news: Bobby's getting better pretty fast. He's much faster, and with the knowledge he has, he's very smart with it. Once he learns more situations and gets more game knowledge, he'll be very hard to outsmart.

He's also a great training partner. He sat there for like 3 hours while I practiced lasering with Fox, meaning, he sat there for 3 hours getting camped LOL and no complaints, only trying to figure out ways to get around it.

Bobby - You're very patient with Marth, which is a rarity in Marths, but a necessity. Notice how we'd just kinda dash dance back and forth for literally like 10 seconds before one of us made a move...That's a good sign. It shows you're not doing anything dumb. You may lose the exchange consistently, but you make me work for it as opposed to a lot of other people who just get *****. You have the mindgames, it's just about making them work.

Anyone wanna train today? I'm keeping the boards up so lemme know.

hubble

Smash Ace
ive been using the blue theme forever.

so much nicer than the old default (dont have to adblock as much ****). havent seen the new one yet.

huMps

Smash Ace
Damn Jesse, thanks. At one point you were litterally retreating with short hop lasers faster than marths dash haha. And I chased you about half way across final destination while just taking em in the face. ridiculous lol.
Let me know the next time you want to train. I always learn a ton. I can't make it tonight but maybe tomorrow or later this week. God Damn this game keeps getting better

Hubble WTF man I get there and you toke up and leave lol come on man(:

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Who's planning to come to Troy next Saturday? I want to get a good idea of attendance. I've been talking with some MA Melee players, and they'll come as long as we can have a good showing ourselves.

Here's the tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300240
Seriously, people from Rochester need to come down and pick up some Syracuse players along the way.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Great trainin with Nightro last night. His Sheik was doing some insane combos on my Fox, getting me down to like 2 lives sometimes. Nice dude, your game is coming along very well, and the Sheik practice helps SO much.

Not going to Troy though, sorry

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol rochester.

were such a terrible smash scene now.

We go hard all day in marvel tho.

also, Rob, I Demand that we play streets of rage together.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the only reason you dont agree is because you drive the half hour + to go play in with jesse. not everyone has that luxury. jesse wants to play smash all the time, but how often does he take the time to drive out and play with you, or soma?

I mean theres no possible waythat you think its normal that jesse just brushed off a NY melee tournament.

Were all with the exception of you and soma and spamus, were all just madd lazy and arent going to put in any work into traveling and stuff the way we used to. you can disagree, and I apologise for lumping you in with everyone else when you arent part of it. but thats just how I see it.

For the people that play brawl and marvel, I plan to fix that this summer tho.

huMps

Smash Ace
For the people that play brawl and marvel, I plan to fix that this summer tho. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Why don't you fix that with a good game. I'd love to play you in melee more often.

I'm in the process of buying a house right now and when I move in I plan on having certain people over every now and again for smash. (It's gotta a finished attic thats gonna be all mine. MAN CAVE!) but untill then it is more convenient for me to just go to the apartment. Suck that everyone seems to be losing interest in the game right when I'm getting a grasp of it though.

Oh and Jesse told me he's going out to RIT for smash tonight.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
New smashboards, I dislike you strongly. Oh and for any one who plays Pokemon, please understand that the GTS won't accept a level 6 shiny Reshiram named Rick Astley that knows nothing but Splash. I can't imagine why...

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't mind taking the trip, because I would make it and not even get to play Smash, but just go hang out with the people in the community. But ask me to play and I will play. I just really like Melee.

And it's not like the rest of the community is taking the time to practice once every couple of weeks--oh, wait, except that's what we do now, thanks to Amber. You may not have noticed everyone finding ways to make the trip to get together and really train each other because you weren't at the last one. Even Neil was there, and he hadn't even slept the night before. Dr. Grandpa was there, too. We goddamn care in our community, and I find it rather amazing that you say our community is terrible when we were all wondering where you were that day when everyone else showed. I've seen Melee tournaments with the same amount of people we had that day. And I had a fantastic time the entire time I was there.

Sharky

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't mind taking the trip, because I would make it and not even get to play Smash, but just go hang out with the people in the community. But ask me to play and I will play. I just really like Melee.

And it's not like the rest of the community is taking the time to practice once every couple of weeks--oh, wait, except that's what we do now, thanks to Amber. You may not have noticed everyone finding ways to make the trip to get together and really train each other because you weren't at the last one. Even Neil was there, and he hadn't even slept the night before. Dr. Grandpa was there, too. We goddamn care in our community, and I find it rather amazing that you say our community is terrible when we were all wondering where you were that day when everyone else showed. I've seen Melee tournaments with the same amount of people we had that day. And I had a fantastic time the entire time I was there.
I think he's talking about the lack of repping yourselves to other regions, no tournies in forever, etc.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Haven't smashed with anyone in 4 days now because only like 4 people play here now plus me and none it's looking like on me and one other guy are actually getting better and playing. He's not around until this weekend, so I'm stuck working on tech skill by myself for hours each day. I'd really like to get better before I move to SoCal this June.

Top Bottom