• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

hubble

Smash Ace
Neil, drive me, amber and rob to syracuse this weekend!

I told you in person too but this is a reminder.

pikapika namesearch pikax2 pika

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I forgot to tell everyone what is going on for the next 10 weeks for smash club.
As follows:
Alex and Sam are each bringing 1 full setup.
Jaiye will have one of my setups.

There should be one brawl and 2 melees.

Good luck.

huMps

Smash Ace
Neil, drive me, amber and rob to syracuse this weekend!

I told you in person too but this is a reminder.

pikapika namesearch pikax2 pika
I deff dont have a big enough car for all the people that want to go
I could probably give one of you a ride. But I want to talk to you in person so we can straighten everything out first. Come to smash club tonight.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
alex = scud?
sam = long haired ganon kid?

and i know jaiye = dark.
alex= citizen snips. he plays peach and falcon.
sam=his friend. no tag. plays samus.

you've seen them before, you just don't recognize their names. also i may not even be able to make it to rochester this weekend. i'm dealing with too much life right now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i understand, being a huge video game nerd in a school of huge video game nerds, id assume your gonna need some extra time to deal with actual life situations...

sorry, had to.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
hahaha. the type of college you go to definitely dictates your actions to some degree. i miss tournaments because i'm too hungover or still awake wicked ****ed up LMAO. not this time though, make it to syracuse ***gts.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
i understand, being a huge video game nerd in a school of huge video game nerds, id assume your gonna need some extra time to deal with actual life situations...

sorry, had to.
lol RL sucks bro. it's like taking a nice hot shower for 3 years and then stepping out, being all nice n warm n ****. Then you discover you're in the ****ing Arctic, and there's a hobo with a dull, rusty ice pick ready to castrate you once your balls have frozen.

That about sums up my transfer from college to RL.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Is there somewhere I can practice marvel? ><

(That's closer than the apartment...)

if not i will be at the ****ing apartment friday night and some of saturday.

PS: wind snapped my umbrella in half..... :(

Foy

Smash Champion
lol RL sucks bro. it's like taking a nice hot shower for 3 years and then stepping out, being all nice n warm n ****. Then you discover you're in the ****ing Arctic, and there's a hobo with a dull, rusty ice pick ready to castrate you once your balls have frozen.

That about sums up my transfer from college to RL.
Cry moar brah. If you cant handle real life then what the **** have you been doing for the last 20 years?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Important stuff to remember for the tournament

Schedule will be;
Melee Double
Melee Single
N64 Single
Brawl Double
Brawl Single

Be on time for your matches/registration/tournament. I will enforce dq if matches arent played within a timely manner. If you are coming from relatively far away I will add you to bracket if you call me because you are not going to make it in time. People from Rochester, be on time youre not that far away.

Address
Alumni Lounge
Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210

Fees
Venue: $10 (Relay for life)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20/team ($10/person)
N64 Singles: $5

There will be a relay for life donation set up at the registration table, If you would like to donate more to relay for life or have money matches etc for the relay for life donation that would be fantastic. The more the better.

Parking
There is parking right outside the venue door. If you havent already emailed frannie for a parking pass please do. Frannie.monasterio@gmail.com . Its free and simple and right at the venue.

Rylaxer Pillow
Top three of each event will be entered into a raffle to receive a half back Rylaxer. This includes the doubles events and the N64 singles event. If you win multiple events or place in multiple events you will be entered more than once.

Payouts
Melee/Brawl Singles
55/30/10/5

Melee/Brawl Doubles
60/30/10

N64 Singles
60/30/10

N64 will have a default payout since there will most likely be less entrants so I will not be paying out to top 4

Setups
I have a good idea of how many setups will be there, however we could always use more. If you can provide anything wii/tvs/gcs/melees/brawl/recording/n64/ssb please do. The more setups we have the more we may have time for something like draft crews for both games.

I look forward to seeing everyone! please show up on time and review the first post for the rules.

I will also like to note that wobbling is not banned for this melee tournament.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
whens the next tourney so i can get ***** =P. if only tuna would team with me but i am not worthy

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Cura: Philly and myself should be arriving at the tourney at about 4 in time for brawl doubles and singles, just giving you a heads up.

Top Bottom