• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
So whens our next tournament? A couple months or what? Should be a month in rochester or something. Or two months so we have time to hype.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
there are dozens of player in region just pick a random one, it can't fit for everyone *shrug* people need to plan around the tournament date not other way around. goggles do whatever date is best for the venue/TO and staff. if that doesn't affect anything, then just schedule it as soon as possible in the given timeframe you had in mind

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
there are dozens of player in region just pick a random one, it can't fit for everyone *shrug* people need to plan around the tournament date not other way around. goggles do whatever date is best for the venue/TO and staff. if that doesn't affect anything, then just schedule it as soon as possible in the given timeframe you had in mind
this this this

Sanu

Smash Champion
We showed you guys love and all we got was this lousy consolation tissue sadface

and the top 3 spots too but eh

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
We aren't a centralized populous. We don't see eachother outside of our tournaments it's really difficult to even get together, even harder to get together to go somewhere else. I told people about this but their interest wasn't there and there was a lack of passport material. Plus my car is still whack and I'm poor as ****, OOS and OOC coming to the tournament prevented me from making anything xP

Sorry if we let you down but it's hard for us to get out, it was a lot of fun that you guys came down but it'll be a while before we can travel as a region.

Allied

Smash Master
thats what i love about brawl

i dont even have a wii or cube and i'm still good at brawl but sadly i'm medicore at melee

i should be getting a cube soon tho ;]]!

(btw i've never had brawl ever lol i just started playing at my friends house one day)

Allied

Smash Master
i'm getting a apartment in the near future! ;-0!

like hopfully start planning in it the next 2 months

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Foy's Shiny Pichu will be a bad egg in HG/SS.

Also, at the post quoted by PinPoint, why did it say my name? I'm guessing it was a mistake, because I rarely ever s**t talk, except in RL. ^^;

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
We are trying to restart biweeklies. If you actually have a reason to be practicing, then you will actually get better.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
It should still mainly apply to whomever talks the most s**t, anyway, I don't recall ever even saying that I am good in any fashion, therefore, I don't have to show how much I train in order to prove myself, besides, I practice between messages. Typing is good finger warm up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
march 13th.
2nd saturday of the month.
1 day.
10$ venue
thread will probably be up sometime tomorrow.

@sanu, i know it just sounds like lazy/corny johns, but we quite honestly dont have the means to travel to tourneys, its takes a great deal of work and planning just to get people to our own tourneys, so doing anymore than that just isnt in the cards for the vast majority of us.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
@sanu, i know it just sounds like lazy/corny johns, but we quite honestly dont have the means to travel to tourneys, its takes a great deal of work and planning just to get people to our own tourneys, so doing anymore than that just isnt in the cards for the vast majority of us.
Speak for yourself. When the rest of us have money, we are way more than willing to travel. You need to actually get on top of owning a passport. Hell, anyone good in this region does. We have the advantage of Canada literally being on our doorstep.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Speak for yourself. When the rest of us have money, we are way more than willing to travel. You need to actually get on top of owning a passport. Hell, anyone good in this region does. We have the advantage of Canada literally being on our doorstep.

Foy

Smash Champion
Doorstep is kinda pushing it KidVicious.

But yeah, im getting my extended license or whatever it is soon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

1. when I say the means to travel, im talking about money and time. You just said that you are willing to travel when you have money, which implies that there are times when you dont have money, which is kinda my point, that we dont always have the money to travel to tourneys. and besides that some people may have money but in order to keep their job, they lose the time needed to travel like that.

2. I dont know if youve noticed or not but currently theres a lot more than just rochester when you talk about up state smash. and through talking to people like cura, and altairian, and others, its easy to tell that i know what im talking about when i say its not in the cards for people to travel on a long distance or consistent basis.

3. im good and i dont have a passport.
Neil is good, and he doesnt have a passport.
how many of the RIT kids have passports?
like who are you even including besides yourself when you say anyone good in this region has a passport?

lastly, you realise you could have just gotten a premium account for like 2 dollars, and changed your name and keep everything right?

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman

EDIT:

Something to keep in mind. When I actually have two dollars to rub together.

When I say anyone who is good, I mean anyone who wants to get good, and actually wants to travel. Which should be everyone in our community. No one is going to get to the level they want by staying here. The rest of the national smash community is where you are really going to learn a thing or two.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Steffon was the most likely candidate to have enthusiasm for a Canada trip. But I thought he was done with the game so I didn't explicitly tell him.

*shrug*

And also we can get better versus each other before we start traveling. And I mean actually getting better.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Steffon was the most likely candidate to have enthusiasm for a Canada trip. But I thought he was done with the game so I didn't explicitly tell him.

*shrug*

And also we can get better versus each other before we start traveling. And I mean actually getting better.
When I get some cash, me and whoever else is interested and can actually going are making a smash pilgrimage to the frozen north to power level for a weekend. I am more fired up for this game than ever before. I want to be the best in this region. And I want everyone to think that way.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I just like chillin with the other region peeps, they are madd chill. and I just want everyone to understand and acknowledge that I really am the best player in the state (minus NYC) save for the 5 people ranked above me.

When my money gets right, Ill probably be traveling more than anybody in this region. but I have to take care of the more important stuff first, since im tired of always skating around on my last dollar.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
and I just want everyone to understand and acknowledge that I really am the best player in the state (minus NYC) save for the 5 people ranked above me.
As much as I talk **** to you, I want this too. I want everyone to work hard, achieve results, and acknowledge the players around them. But I want everyone to be able to honestly give their opinion too, and have it taken seriously. Right now after Jesse I think the players get too close to really accurately rank people. ****, I want this community to get strong.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
As much as I talk **** to you, I want this too. I want everyone to work hard, achieve results, and acknowledge the players around them. But I want everyone to be able to honestly give their opinion too, and have it taken seriously. Right now after Jesse I think the players get too close to really accurately rank people. ****, I want this community to get strong.
idk about this

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
That too but the other stuff also. Everyone shows fervor for themselves and their region at some point in time, but it's just not realistic. Nothing ever comes to fruition. I'm content with our region staying the same for the next year, I have lots of fun playing versus you guys and seeing everyone. No superstar is breaking out and is going to start placing in out of region events. SRY.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I'm content with our region staying the same for the next year, I have lots of fun playing versus you guys and seeing everyone. No superstar is breaking out and is going to start placing in out of region events. SRY.
Then why play? That's like, such a static notion. Players should want to get better. Everyone has a fire inside that they want to burn brighter.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Nah, gotta grow up sometime. It's a fun washed up game that fun washed up players like to play. It's not 2005.

edit: and that last line was laughable steffon :p

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Nah, gotta grow up sometime. It's a fun washed up game that fun washed up players like to play. It's not 2005.

edit: and that last line was laughable steffon :p
I don't know where you have been, but I recall our community just recently had its largest tournament ever... So much for washed up right?

Top Bottom