• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle Series- Next Battle: September 15th!

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
We're going to have to take two cars for sure. Sharky is going to be driving one of them and due to a prior commitment he will be missing doubles. So anyone riding with him will also miss doubles. So anyone who doesn't mind sitting out doubles speak up and you can ride with sharky. The other car will be leaving in time for doubles. I need everyone to let me know what they want to do, because there are limited seats.
I would be interested in playing doubles. With that said, who would like to team with me?

Sharky

Smash Master
might have to back out, I realize I'm not quite fully recovered from my financial issues last month...=/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
people to money match.

Dustin (I bet he backs out)
nintendude
steffon
foy.
Beta
mana

Edit
Sharky, if you can make it down here, Ill cover your entry for whatever you play. I got you son.

D

Deleted member

I had a mandatory fieldwork assignment to the morning of the 21st. I'm OUT.

Sorry jesse. We shall meet again.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I'm ready when you are Goggles. Also, do you by any chance have a doubles partner? I know you usually team with Neil in Brawl, but I haven't heard anything about him going.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He'll be there. I only confirmed for teaming with him in melee doubles.

I wasnt really planning on entering anything else, since Im more focused on actually running stuff.

Buuuuuuttttt... I do love me some Sonic/Lucario... hmmmm... Ill think about it.

Sharky

Smash Master
So on my way into work this morning, I was forced to dodge a deer, and bounced off a guard rail on the highway. Side of the car is all gashed up and dented. Hopefully the insurance doesn't charge me too much (doubt it'll be anything huge cause it was the deer's fault lol), but this might now put the nail in the coffin on me going. I'll keep you all posted. =(

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm gonna start a MM list. So far for Melee I got Kid Goggles. Anyone else down? TML you still want to $20 MM? I'm willing to use characters besides ICs (such as Luigi lol).

I guess I'm also open to Brawl MMs but only after Melee is completely over since I have a hard time transitioning between Melee/Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
oh and jesse, since the tournament at my place yesterday went so poorly, I have about 50 gallons worth of unused koolaid I can bring over to your place.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Lets see, all the awesome people I hanged with two August ago, a ton of koolaid, and melee? Geez I need to get back up north. x.x Also, what's good people? Checkin' in now and then to see what's goin' on.

Sharky

Smash Master
So on my way into work this morning, I was forced to dodge a deer, and bounced off a guard rail on the highway. Side of the car is all gashed up and dented. Hopefully the insurance doesn't charge me too much (doubt it'll be anything huge cause it was the deer's fault lol), but this might now put the nail in the coffin on me going. I'll keep you all posted. =(
yeah I can't make it now, sorry guys =(

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok Kyle. Yo, I have a question/request.

Is anyone willing to part with their setup a day early so that I can have everything, or as much as possible setup by Friday night? I'd come pick it up Friday if possible, and you'd take it home with you when you leave the tourney. Lemme know, i'd feel much better doing it this way, at least as much as possible, and if I get enough people that agree, I might even hold a fest at my place the night before for some last minute training.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So far the MM list is as follows:

Melee
TML - $20?
Foy - $10
Goggles - $5?

Brawl - none yet

btw what are the Brawl rules? And how strictly will you be sticking to the schedule? I need to leave by around 9pm.

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo last minute thingies:

Please dont blow our bathroom up, its happened before and it was a disaster. If you need to take a huge one go down the street too a store, they have better plumbing then us.

Know this is a no brainer, but please be courteous and clean up after yourselves.

Also, be mad nice too our neighbors or they might get mad.(They throw ragers all the time so this shouldnt be a problem).

Hope too see everyone on Friday or Saturday night, this is going to be old school apartment smash with a new style, or the kids say now a days. Swag.

<3 Foy

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I have a bit of an issue with Brinstar (I'm a Peach main, so this isn't really bias, though I like MC more), but it sounds pretty good to me. You can just ban them, iirc.

There's only one ICs player around there that I know of (unless Cura is going? I'm just thinking of Nintendude) so the wobbling rule won't even really matter.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
5 players confirmed for Ithaca. I'd also like to officially extend a challenge to either Syracuse or Rochester (or any other city) for a BRAWL CREW BATTLE. 4v4. We don't have enough to do a Melee one unfortunately, so we'll have to settle for a Brawl one.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Sorry, been really busy the past few days.

Mike- We're going to try to run the tournament as on time as possible of course. As for it actually running perfectly...Well, as close to perfect is the goal, so we'll deal with the speedbumps as they come, but we'll def be aiming to get you home on time.

Sharky

Smash Master
5 players confirmed for Ithaca. I'd also like to officially extend a challenge to either Syracuse or Rochester (or any other city) for a BRAWL CREW BATTLE. 4v4. We don't have enough to do a Melee one unfortunately, so we'll have to settle for a Brawl one.
only cuse brawlers that are going are dan, david, and james g =/

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Goggles, did you figure out if you wanted to team or not yet?

And yeah, seems that we are a bit short for the crew battle, but we could always do something out of the ordinary like Ithaca vs. Syracuse AND Rochester, lol.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
For money matches, I have:

Goggles (Dedede dittos)
Xubble (Dedede dittos)

Is there anyone that would like to money match me?

I also need a teammate.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Oh shoot, I knew I was forgetting something. Original Post updated with Brawl Ruleset. We're gonna do the Unity ruleset. I talked with KID, and while I personally disagree that MK should be banned, KID is running the brawl tournament solely himself, and he knows way more about the game than I do, so I left the call up to him. So Unity 2.0 it is.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I mean, MK isn't really anything dominant up here, but I suppose it really just reduces, "I lost so I counterpick meatknight on rc."

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Ok Kyle. Yo, I have a question/request.

Is anyone willing to part with their setup a day early so that I can have everything, or as much as possible setup by Friday night? I'd come pick it up Friday if possible, and you'd take it home with you when you leave the tourney. Lemme know, i'd feel much better doing it this way, at least as much as possible, and if I get enough people that agree, I might even hold a fest at my place the night before for some last minute training.
show up to smash club tonight, you can take my big tv back with you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
therell be another one next month homie, dont sweat it.

yea, sure, if there are enough people for a tournament ill team with you, other wise me and you can just money match whoever.

Top Bottom