• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle Series- Next Battle: September 15th!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
yo what do you mean mike
Put the date and location in the thread post. Make a thread in tournament listings. Make a facebook event and then use it to advertise to local students (particularly RIT). I just feel like right now nobody knows about UBS except for our local scene.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to make this one. I can probably make the next one if you plan on throwing it in June.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I may have said I would in the past, but I just feel weird putting up $20 for video game matches, even if it's against someone I'm confident I can beat. The most I'll do is like $5, possibly $10 if I'm really feeling it.

For now though, I'll probably shoot down to $1-3 at this point for everybody, including you, because let's face it, neither of us really play so it's not like I'm coming with a mastery of the Fox matchup anytime soon, which means you will probably beat me. I hate to have a mindset like this, but it is how I feel when I'm playing unprepared for virtually everything coming at me recently.

Besides, like I always tell you, the only reason I'm even putting up money is because it usually ensures that the people I'm playing are trying their hardest. The cash is just a bonus on my end.

But anyways, yeah I would've liked to make it, but I have to sort out some plans at home, because it seems like I may have to move soon. It doesn't help that I'm also working on that Saturday lol.

Edit: Oh, I think you meant four 5 dollar money matches now that I read that again. Hmm, you may be able to beat me in majority of sets right now, but I'm not sure about 4 in a row. I probably wouldn't have played more than two in that case, regardless of how they turned out. I don't usually salty runback a salty runback. That would be a little overkill. :p

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
In no instance did I double salty runback you there! You won a set. I salty runbacked you, and won.

You won third set, I salty runbacked and lost. The victory in the second set nullified the chance of me salty runbacking you twice in a row.

But now that I think about it, I asked you for another one before we left :/. Yeah, you're right, I went a little bit crazy there but I made an exception because the matches were fun and you made a 100% commitment to Sonic vs. Lucario. I also thought I was gonna throw in the towel with smash at that tourney, so I went all out with some things. But then I decided I would stick around and there is nothing wrong with playing casually once in a while.

But seriously, from here on out, no more than two each get together! I need to feed my family!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So, Peter is flying into Ithaca at around noon on Saturday and then we are planning on leaving at that time. This means we will be there by around 2:15 (3pm at the latest if there's no major delays). We'll miss teams but get there in time for singles.

huMps

Smash Ace
So no Mana or Trademark again? Just you and Erk?

Ps. I'll be there for singles for sure. As sure as I can be anyway.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Soooo....

Are we having a tournament this weekend?
idk, TO. Are we?

And who's even going? So far barely anyone has expressed interest.
me/rit people?

Right now im not 100% sure we can make it. We want too but the gas might be too much with almost all cuse backing out :(
Is there even a tournament to go to? Since before the previous one, I've wanted to know when the next one was.
failboat

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there. I think the date in the OP just has the month wrong (April instead of May). In any case, Nightro and Foy both told me tourney this weekend.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im just the TO, I organise the tournament. the HOST is the one that is supposed to inform everyone as to whether there is an event that needs to be organized.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Sure, I'll do that Mike.

So I'm thinking this tournament is going to be a little smaller than before, due to RIT being home for college. There's still going to be Pizza and I'm still going to be playing as if I was in the finals of a national tournament haha, so bring your A GAME.

HOWEVER, we do have a few new kids who have entered the scene so they'll be attending.

Kyle- Kristi will be here initially, but she has to leave for work at 3.

Beta and Erk- If money is that big of an issue for you guys, I'll pitch in for your gas. I'm not gonna let that stop you guys from coming, especially since Beta is a FORCE now and Paul you need to be here to turn into a force.

Mike- I thought about what you said about advertising. I'll definitely do what you recommended and we can even talk more about it when you get here.

I definitely want to do whatever I can to make these as awesome as possible, as well as bring in as many people as possible. That being said though, I've been REALLY busy lately with 2 jobs, working on my health and lots of other random tasks that involve responsibilities and helping my friends.

That's why you've seen me post less as of recent. My days begin at 5:30 AM and I don't stop moving until around 10-11 PM, so it's harder for me to post and get people hype.

But this IS a monthly tournament series, and despite my recent absences in the thread, I definitely WILL be holding them each month.

I practice a lot for these. As much time as I can afford right now, until I can start my own business and manage my own time and therefore dedicate more time to the game. So it's definitely one of my main focuses in life right now, and I'm always thinking about the tournaments/smash at work.

I'll put more effort into managing the hype in between next time around, but definitely expect an awesome time and good competition. Same schedule as last time, same everything. If there are not enough people for an event or anything unexpected happens, I'll deal with it as it comes.

Hope to see as many people as possible there. :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Oh and also, as of now we do NOT have recording. If anyone has the equipment, let me know online or text me @ 585-520-8631.

Top Bottom