• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for September - Georgia Power Rankings - Fried Chicken + Kool Aid

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
it makes sense, and really doesnt matter either way. What does matter about the character Dumbledore is that his tragic flaw is his intense love for anyone who he allows close to him. That being male or female, and well... only harry and grindlewald got that close in the story, and I doubt d-dore had that kind of thing for harry. His love, as they state multiple times in the last 3 book, was many times his downfall. This is why dumbledore is an interesting character to begin with, and him pitching for the other team is probably the best way to represent how it truly is his downfall.

But from what I gather, and what the book implies, it isnt gay in the sense of... superficial lust, but something alot more "romantic" if you will.

AP English analysis/10

Harry Potter is a good book, most of the characters are really deep.
Disagree.
Yes, his tragic flaw was his intense love for anybody close to him.
Yes, he's an interesting character, but to me it was an oddity.

The oddity was that it brought in that strange sense of realism into this family-oriented novel. It's extremely odd to that world in general. There was something strange and political about that last minute statement from Rowling; it was almost like a shocking statement from her, rather than an aid to her novel. That's how it felt like to me, though it did not take away from the novel. I loved them; I plan to go back a few years from now when they're fresh to me, and re-read them again.

APEnglishwhogivesafak, I took AP Language and Composition as well/10.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I thought it was a good book series.

*took Ap English as well, and just doesn't give a **** cause class sucks*

:)

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a good book series.

*took Ap English as well, and just doesn't give a **** cause class sucks*

:)
I didn't like it either, simply because it consisted of analyzing prompts and preparing for the AP exam with speed runs of writing about syntax and diction from other author's passages.
My class at least, had no emphasis on creative writing at all. It didn't make
me a better writer, it just made me really good at analyzing and pulling out rhetorical devices from passages.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Umm..
Hey guys..
Uhh..
Not many of you know this, but my real name is actually Mike. Not Clyde. Clyde is just a nickname :\

I mean honestly, how many people do you know are named Clyde?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Top Bottom