• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for May - Georgia Power Rankings - Patty Melts / Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
but ya know even if it is just a list i really really wanaa make it..? Will anyone from MLG be there then i can get drafted and sign the contract as i dominate this tournement..

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Let me be the one to break it down for you Evil E:

First off, welcome to the Atlantic South Region. I'm Gerbil, and I'm one of the three panelist for the list. If you want to make it, I'm one of the three you really have to impress in the future. (Along with everyone else, but mainly me and the other two guys lol)

Next. You are mixing threads. Accident I think? You say you will be taking "this tournament" but I'm thinking you mean Lasers for the Children 2? Anyways. Next order of business.

IF you were talking about LftC2, then no, no MLG representative will be there. MLG actually no longer includes Smash as part of their main season, however they DO sponsor what are known as "grassroot" tournaments. The next MLG sponsored tournament is FC 10, use the search function to find the thread (It's in the main tournaments section of SWF).

Now... I have seen kids come in before and claim how they are so good and will dominate a certain tournament, and I actually have been mildly surprised by some of them. However, be careful with what you say around here. There are a certain few members that will play as innocent noobs challenging you to a MM, only wanting to take your money. And trust me, I've witnessed it happen, these guys WILL take your money lol. Talk about posting mindgames....

Aside from that... I don't have much to say. I checked out your MySpace through your SWF profile, and I saw some of the Smash videos you have there, but I can't tell if all of those are you, or if they are just some of your favorite videos or whatever (the quality kills my eyes on names in game). Whatever the case is, I hope to play you sometime in the future. I personally won't be at LftC2, but maybe sometime in the summer we will play.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, to bring this thread back on topic.

I'd like to make a motion to update the Power Rankings now while I'm tied for the 3rd most points for GA in the Southern Circuit!!!

>.<

--edit--

Oh, btw, Dont forget that when you guys discuss the ranks, you have to leave 2 spots for Mike G. so he can fit his shadow up there XD

Why does GA have too many good jokes?

Ares726

Smash Ace
I think we should for Mike G. what CA did for Isai. On their powerlist, Isai is #0. Then the list starts at #1. Here, I'll do it for you:

0- Mike G.
0.5- Mike G.'s Shadow
1- Wes
2- Chaddd

Tier 2
Gerbil
Prac
Ares
Menthol
TBag

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Corrections

-I won't be at L4tc2, so you won't get beasted as hard as you should, but hopefully someone will be there to set you straight

-The next MLG sponsored event anywhere close to here is actually Pound II

-We'll update the Rankings after Menthol's tourney. That way it kinda divides the GA smash scene for the summer.

-Southern circuit points are pointless after 2 tournaments

-We're not copying California, and you forgot bobby, who was the best player in the south for about 2 years straight

-Ares, great job with the brackets and pools at G4s3, unlike most tourneys, my head never exploded even once <3

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Corrections

-I won't be at L4tc2, so you won't get beasted as hard as you should, but hopefully someone will be there to set you straight
Aw, I wanted to try my luck against capFal again. :(

-The next MLG sponsored event anywhere close to here is actually Pound II
/me looks at alpha

-We'll update the Rankings after Menthol's tourney. That way it kinda divides the GA smash scene for the summer.
THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!!!!

-Southern circuit points are pointless after 2 tournaments
Look, man. I gotta take all the points and potshots I can, cause I mean, im on the board, that means ****ers are actually gunna be gunning for me for once. :/

-We're not copying California, and you forgot bobby, who was the best player in the south for about 2 years straight
Does he still play? (That's a serious question, not a snide remark.)

-Ares, great job with the brackets and pools at G4s3, unlike most tourneys, my head never exploded even once <3
Didnt ares use some bootleg program that corrupted? How did your head NOT explode? You must have a blast-proof skull. XD

Ares726

Smash Ace
Didnt ares use some bootleg program that corrupted? How did your head NOT explode? You must have a blast-proof skull. XD
Naw man. I ran that tournament so smoothly the program couldn't believe it and imploded. Actually, in case anybody cares, someone who made brackets left and I put someone else in instead of inserting another bye. When I did so it made the program confused so the file wouldn't open. I simply found a new bug in the program. That's how 1337 I am. Also, I heard that Dogy's Doc is garbage against CF.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Also, I heard that Dogy's Doc is garbage against CF.
See, you're so terribly you didnt get to see me get wrecked first hand. That stuff was too raw for a real audience. I MEAN IT DIDNT HELP THAT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO CP AGAINST A CAPFAL; but hey, live and learn.

. . . . .

And then get Lugz. :-D

Ares726

Smash Ace
I MEAN IT DIDNT HELP THAT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO AGAINST A CAPFAL.
Here's some advice from this guy named Cyphus that plays a pretty decent Doc:

Capt.Falcon
Pillrushing will be difficult because of his high priority, ranged attack such as UpAir. Don't be in the air near him because he can cut through pills easily and juggle you across and prevent you from getting back on the ground because of his speed. Pills from distance work well enough, if you take note to stop when he gets closer and either space yourself again or attack him. Your B.air, F.Tilt, and D.Smash will help reduce his pressure game on you, but watch out for sex kick which defends well against pills and your physical approaches. Its a great technique to maneuver through pills and stun you long enough for a dash grab.
Its easy for Capt to run away from Doc and force him to get closer, but remember that doens't mean you have to become anxious and attack him directly.Your B.air and Pills are enough to force him to get close as long as you remain patient. This includes his dash dance game, too. Keep him busy, without putting yourself at risk. And be wary for knees and never attempt UpTilted Capt as an anti-air defense. Exchanging hits with a knee is not (I repeat) not a smart idea! Because of his fallspeed and size he's easy to horizonally escape combos and tech roll away. At early damages, focus more on punishing with pokes until he's at higher damage. Shield grabbing won't come easy because of his reach but you can still grab him with good WDing and Jabing. Rolling out your shield can be a useful tool when you're pressured with his shuffle-jab-grab game, but don't over do it.

At any point its possible to chainthrow him with UpThrow to around 60%. But it is alot more difficult than Fox/Falco, because Capt is heavier and takes longer to throw- so your forced to wait half a second before dash grabing.(The biggest mistake is trying to dash too early and it not coming out) JumpCanceled grabs are easier, but still quite hard. Either way, its better to finish him with a clean WD Smash or UpTilt to F.air. Upthrow also surprisingly link to F.air at mid-high damage. Though this isn't a large combo, its instinctive for him to DI horizontally the F.air, which sets him up for edgeguarding!
Chances are though, you'll be getting grabbed more than him. He can chainthrow you with D.Throw at early percent, but in addition to DIing away, remember to possibly UpAir as you regain control to stop a potential oncoming knee! DIing up just gives him an easier time kneeing you, but it may occasionally come as unexpected and cause a misjudged knee instead. Anticipate his Jab to reset you in the air for his dash grab, and Sex Kick if possible. If he is knocked away, WD and don't give him breathing room.
Once you have him off the stage, edgeguarding is relatively simple. Obviously enough, if he's below the level the cape will **** his UpB, but more often he will have DIed upwards and be less predictable because of how he can move in one direction then lean back in the air with his DJ and UpB. Your B.air will take him out easily, but expect him to expect it and DJ over it or try to trick you into using it early and leaning away from it. Don't wait by the edge, if you can jump off and take him out far away. If thats not an option, feint a B.air and force him to DJ or UpB as his last resort and send him back down with another B.air. At that point its only a matter of time, til he gets caped or edgehogged.
Edgehogging is interesting, because he can't UpB you off of it, so if you can simply force him to go on top, pull yourself up as he recovers and send him back off again. Assuming you didn't get hit by a knee by a ledge, be extra careful in falling pills because of his UpAir. You don't have anything to beat that, so airdodging may be your only hope. And if you're horizontal to the edge he may shuffle off into distanced UpAir (or if they know how....even MoonJump glitch off into a B.air).
When you're near the edge, he is very unpredictable. Timed D.airs and B.airs need to be teched by holding L and re-recovered from. Edgehogging Doc is very easy for him, and a knee punishes a doc well, if you land above him. From hanging on the side though, he doesn't attack well if you're under, because its easy for him to kill himself in the process...so look out for him to stall the edge by pulling himself up, and Tornado Stall.
</help?>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Here's some advice from this guy named Cyphus that plays a pretty decent Doc:
</help>
Ya know, without even reading all that, I can tell you that the first mistake i made was plugging in my controller, and the second one was banning the equivilant of Jiggs on Green Green, and then going to the equivilant of Marth of Yoshi's Story.

In a nutshell, all the reading in the world wont help when I make the wrong frickin decisions to start with. D:

Here's some advice from a great captain falcon player:

Don't get hit

^cause you're gonna get 0-deathed if you do =P
Come on, lets be real now.

Telling me "Dont get hit" is like telling France "Dont Run."

Physically impossible.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
I have decided that Capt Falcon is like the JP of the ground since he runs circles around everyone else while they're struggling to get out of hitstun.

It is like JP who floats circles around everyone while they're desperately struggling to get on stage.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Alright, I have reason enough to bump this thread:

Check the Sig. Exactly. Renegade Marth, also known as Eugenio The Machinio Drew me that Ganondorf minus a few things, and I turned it into that.

Pure and total ownage.

Oh yeah, and Eugene rules at life.

That's all I have to say.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Alright, I have reason enough to bump this thread:

Check the Sig. Exactly. Renegade Marth, also known as Eugenio The Machinio Drew me that Ganondorf minus a few things, and I turned it into that.

Pure and total ownage.

Oh yeah, and Eugene rules at life.

That's all I have to say.
Yeah, I agree.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Never talk **** about italy again
D:

I read that, and seriously felt a twinge of fear there. It was like I could imagine Wes going out of his way to punch me in the face, which is a pretty scary thought...

Maybe it's because I need sleep, but, wow, that sounded incredibly intense to me.

On a ligher note, when will be the next update for the rankings?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah, sorry. Italy crying is a soccer-joke.

Gattuso..

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Soooooooooo Get Tipped is done.

HOW BOUT THOSE POWER RANKS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UPDATED OH IDUNNO, AFTER FP?!?! D:

/me looks dead at gerbil.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Soooooooooo Get Tipped is done.

HOW BOUT THOSE POWER RANKS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UPDATED OH IDUNNO, AFTER FP?!?! D:

/me looks dead at gerbil.
The Power Rankings WERE updated after FalconPunch. Jeez.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Yeah, Italy phails at football. But they do drive fast cars and they aren't France.

Italy>>>>>>>>>>>>pansy frogs.

That is all.
Yeah, italy sure does suck at football, i mean, they've only won more world championships than any other european country, no big deal i guess. And i'm back at home now, so i'm down to do an update whenever, i'm off til thursday so i'll be around, hit me up mike or josh whenever you guys are online

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Seeing as how it has been a good while (The last update was after Falcon Punchion), I'm sure it has come down to a mutual vote of making another selection. Many of you have impressed me (CDE above all XD), and some of you have truely dissappointed me.

Once again I'd like to make the statement that, to put it bluntly, many of you will not like. This list is based solely off your consistency in attendance and placement in tournaments. We do understand and take into consideration bracket ***** and OOS participants in GA. However, this thread does not need to become full of Johns and rants about why and where you may, if at all, place in any of the 3 sections. I, personally, already have a list of players that I have seen drastically improve, but improvement is not everything. I also have a list of players that I have seen rise in the placings on a consistent level. I also have a list of those players who have and have not been in decent, recent attendance.

If you wish to make any portion of this list, then you need to become more active and place better. It's as easy as that. I don't feel like receiving any more IMs talking about that one single tournament you may have done decent at, or ranting to me about how just because you beat somebody all the time you should place higher than you did.

If you did not place, do not fret. This doesn't mean you suck or anything, it just means you are not on the consistency level as the players that did get placed.

So yeah, once myself Wes and 112 get online at the same time, we will update. DO NOT EXPECT AN UPDATE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS THOUGH! Reason being is, the last time we tried to set an exact date, things went wrong and we ended up delaying a week lol. Hence why the topic is Baked Stromboli (which I have never had before... O.o)

ss118

Smash Master
I didn't think I was gonna be on it O_O.
I wanted to see where 112, Tong, and Chadd were gonna be on it, truthfully.

90th post XD
^Low number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom