• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE! Raise your hand if you have done/are doing some the following...(35-69!)

Akiak

Smash Ace
I'v done A D E F G H K O Q R. Sheesh, I should calm down.

How about adding
"Looked at the best update so far again if its been a bad day for you"
I have done that alot!

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Quoteamatic! :laugh:

A. Checked the Dojo on a weekend
Nope.
B. Refreshed after a delay or a bad update, hoping it wasn't true
Yes. :(
C. Refreshed at all twice in a day
On accident, maybe.
D. You checked every sidebar tab (i.e. Characters, Stages, etc.) a number of times, in hopes that another, better update would be hidden there instead (thanks for the idea, MajinNecro69)

You people are freaks. D:/

all of these while fully knowing what you were doing^
Nada.

Mm?

E. Tried translating from another language (Japanese, Spanish...) to get a different result/meaning (ex. Up until now)
Nope. Y'all did that for me, for the most part. :v

F. Trying to see if you overlooked any secret leaks, in videos and Dojo articles (Thanks to Tyfighter for the ideas F-H)
Nah, I just tried to notice for old Melee techniques, nothing more.
G. Believing that there are secrets, conspiracies,... that Sakurai tries to leak
Nope. Japanese modesty doesn't do that for the most part. It's kind of boring. :(
H. Over-analyzing everything Sakurai saids (again 'Up until now' and 'Wario alone is special')
Y'all did that, not me. I took those to heart.

I. You get so wound up you go to IGN for information
Ahahahaha-no.
J. You get so wound up you go to GameFAQ boards for info.
Jesus Christ people, you can stand going to that place?

K. Check the Dojo, the very minute it's updated each day.
I still don't understand why you people did that. Don't y'all have bedtimes? :p
L. Practically go into cardiac arrest if you're away from your computer, on a day the Dojo updates.
<_< freaks.

M. Buying (or wanting to buy)the Japanese version of brawl, with any excuse other than "I'm Japanese"
I did want to buy it, but I stuck it out like a real trooper. Hell, I haven't even had a chance to play the JP version. :(
N. Learning Japanese for a brawl related reason
Non.
O. Tried to find every spoiler to the game
Spoiled meself silly.
P. Tried to avoid any spoiler to the game
I pity the foo' that tried.
Q. Loving Sakurai for ever single good move he makes (minus the fact brawl rocks)
Oui.
R. Utterly hating him for every bad move he makes (despite the fact brawl rocks)
:urg: yeah...
S. Refusing to play brawl, because "It's not Melee" or "You can't wavedash"
Complete and utter imbeciles if you ask me. That is the worst reason to ever not play this game anymore. That'd be like me not playing Metroid Prime 2 or 3 because it doesn't have missile cancelling. Y'all who do this are ******* to change, and I'm sticking to that as my testimony.

Let's face it, you've done at least one of these things, if you have an account on this forum.
Yeah, I guess so.

and Yes, I am reading your mind right now.;)
Yes, yes you are. :v

(feel free to add any more ideas to those above)
Nope. This list is enough to encompass all that is freaky with y'all smashers. `-`

entrapment

Smash Apprentice
I would say I have done them all...but thats just me being me.....haha oh well Brawl is a new game and I'm just going to have to accept that fact and move on.

Rampage

vx
lol me and my friend were waiting until midnight saying to each other "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST UPDATE EVAR!!!" turns out it was saturday morning

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Let's face it, you've done at least one of these things, if you have an account on this forum.

and Yes, I am reading your mind right now.;)
No I haven't. Not any of them. Make one that says " You do things normally," Like me. I check the Dojo whenever I have free time.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
A,B,I,P,T. When I saw Sonic I watched the vid about 8 or 9 times! XD Sadly, one time when I was having a bad day I looked at the Sonic update and thought "Wow, this game is gonna rock! Can't wait to play it." He's not my favorite character but it was a big burst of excitment when I saw him in that when I see him on the Dojo I felt almost the same way. (Take note that I said "felt")

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
*yes*

B. Refreshed after a delay or a bad update, hoping it wasn't true
*yes*

C. Refreshed at all twice in a day
*yes*

D. You checked every sidebar tab (i.e. Characters, Stages, etc.) a number of times, in hopes that another, better update would be hidden there instead (thanks for the idea, MajinNecro69)
*yes*

E. Tried translating from another language (Japanese, Spanish...) to get a different result/meaning (ex. Up until now)
*yes*

F. Trying to see if you overlooked any secret leaks, in videos and Dojo articles (Thanks to Tyfighter for the ideas F-H)
*yes*

G. Believing that there are secrets, conspiracies,... that Sakurai tries to leak
*yes*

H. Over-analyzing everything Sakurai saids (again 'Up until now' and 'Wario alone is special')
*yes*

I. You get so wound up you go to IGN for information
*no*

J. You get so wound up you go to GameFAQ boards for info.
*no*

K. Check the Dojo, the very minute it's updated each day.
*no*

L. Practically go into cardiac arrest if you're away from your computer, on a day the Dojo updates.
*yes* (no after spoilers)

M. Buying (or wanting to buy)the Japanese version of brawl, with any excuse other than "I'm Japanese"
*yes* (wanted to move to japan)

N. Learning Japanese for a brawl related reason
*yes*

O. Tried to find every spoiler to the game
*yes*

P. Tried to avoid any spoiler to the game
*no*

Q. Loving Sakurai for ever single good move he makes (minus the fact brawl rocks)
*yes*

R. Utterly hating him for every bad move he makes (despite the fact brawl rocks)
*no*

S. Refusing to play brawl, because "It's not Melee" or "You can't wavedash"
*no*

T. When you had a bad day, or get a bad update, you try to offset it by reading a good update(sonic, wi-fi, stage builder, the little notice that you can record matches...)credit to Akiak
*yes*

U. Raising your hand... literally :p
*no*

14/22 yay? o.O

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
A, B, K, O. For the last two, sometimes I forget to check Dojo, and some spoilers are remaining secret to me, like the SSE and how to unlock characters (although I'm pretty sure I sought out all the secret character unlocks immediately when I got Melee...).

Jiggy.

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I went to England to go camping for 2 weeks last summer and I literally paid pounds to get on the internet to check the brawl updates every couple days. xD

Luigi player

Smash Master
I have to raise my hand because of those:

G. Believing that there are secrets, conspiracies,... that Sakurai tries to leak (sometimes)
K. Check the Dojo, the very minute it's updated each day. (well, not every day... and not anymore)

Yep, I did all that. The Dojo checking on weekend was probably only twice though. I hoped for some secret or something lol.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
This list is mainly just for me, to help me poll
Current count starting here, please correct me if i'm wrong, especially if i list you twice. Don't worry if you aren't on here, unless it was before this post. its just temporary, please be specific when you list, like state "i've done a, b, c, and g" (or something like that) and feel free to explain or what ever afterwards. the following will be made to poll the different letters, as i believe they count (cool i'm teh judge)(the -------j-k------ stuff is when i updated assuming the ones after those knew the updates)

zephyrnereus-abcdeimotv
--------------V--------------
Brawlmaniac-(?)
Luigi player-agk
Supersmashbro125-aptu
Cheezball-(none)
R.Y.N.O.-abipt
Desruprot-(some)
Chaos Paladin-abcdefghlmnoqt
Senshuu-abko
Jiggy.-l
---------------T-U-----------
reu_1303-ce
entrapment-abcdefghijklmnopqrs
Shadowlink84-(none)
Rampage-a
Takdragon7-(most)
antimatter-amo
OmegaSlayer16-A and D
Shadow Caliber-A, K, L, and O
espio87-achijko
=Samus-Aran=-A, B, K, M and O.
Thino-A E K M N O
Akiak-A D E F G H K O Q R T
Mr. M-bmor
ConeZone-abcdefghijklmnopqrs
--------------m-s----------
gamer8-A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,K, and L.
Superninjabreadman-ah
iluvwobbuffet-A, B, C, F, K, and L.
Nasanieru-A, B, C, D, F, G, I, J, K, and L
SothE700k-abcdefghijkl (all before m?)
INs4niTY-a
higgins-abcd
Andromeda-(none)
Spartan1841-abcdefghijkl
Super Drybones-acd
captainfalconmute-e
------------k-l--------------
CrossX-ai
-------------------i-j------------
Sir Bedevere-ag
JonBeBonanza-abcdefgh
Terywj-(none)
maxieman-acdefgh
Unknownlight-(?)
--------------f-h------------
firebird34-e
Zeyeth-abce
FangzV-a
Darkuria-a
J18-abcde
blooagga-ad
Brav3r-abcde
TP_Zant-a
NessOnett-(some)
Rhubarbo-abcde
Senor Crouch-aglnpq
illphill-ac
hunger1-(?)
Gr00ve-abcde
Tyfighter-df
tanfastic-abcde
timbers92-a
tafutureboy-abcd
Tristan_win-abcde
ekul-abcde
Papytendo-abcdefghij
Chrnocide-b
Disco Ninja Monkey-ac
Smash-Master9009-abcde
billywill-abcde
Linkeatspie-ad
darkhamsterlord-abcde
Losnar-(none)
UncleGrandfather-ace
SirPainsalot-abcde
Heety9-abcde
--------------d-e--------------
Ryo242-abc
2007-c
iron blade-abc
Moldy Clay-c
Kinsei_Kensei-abc
courte-ac
listentomook-abc
Tempt-ac
Romancer-(?)
Fluke-ac
Windlord-abc
Talvi-abc
SaberPichu-abc
MechaCheif-abc
Jellybelly-(none)
C.Olimar788-(ab)
Kirbichu-a
Doc Chronic-ak
Norm-(none)
Poel-abc
MajinNecro69-abcd
XACE-K-a
Gamer_Matt-a
~-/Giygas\-~-(?)
garbage-abc
AznHalfCaucasian-(some?)
Chaosblade77-(none)
SilentDrifterZ-ac
Zevox-(none)
soviet prince-abc
pirkid-(abc)
MIRAI87-(none)
Ledger_Damayn-(some?)
shellblade-ac
Kinlap-b
DQP-abc
AlbinoMonk-abc
Kasek-ac
trio1000-(?)
NDUDE-abc
mentosman8-abc
UltiMario-abc
zeldamaster2006-abc
super-7-abc
E-Z-MONEY-ac
Cobalt-ac
Suoinegni-(none)
and
Meleemaster500-cdflmoq

pheew...

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
A. (Checked the Dojo on a weekend)
B. (Refreshed after a delay or a bad update, hoping it wasn't true)
C. (Refreshed at all twice in a day)
D. (You checked every sidebar tab (i.e. Characters, Stages, etc.) a number of times, in hopes that another, better update would be hidden there instead (thanks for the idea, MajinNecro69))
E. (Tried translating from another language (Japanese, Spanish...) to get a different result/meaning)
I. (You get so wound up you go to IGN for information)
M. (Buying (or wanting to buy)the Japanese version of brawl, with any excuse other than "I'm Japanese")
O. (Tried to find every spoiler to the game)
T. (When you had a bad day, or get a bad update, you try to offset it by reading a good update(sonic, wi-fi, stage builder, the little notice that you can record matches...)credit to Akiak)
V. (You found out the secret Japanese Cooking Navi DS song update (with Kiby's final smash) by yourself.)

I would also say N. (Learning Japanese for a brawl related reason) but the reason Im learning japo is cause it's cool! XP

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
A poll of who raised their hand, not bad.

As for some new ones
:
-Immediatly went on smashboards on Jan 31
-Immediatly went on Youtube on Jan 31
-Had thoughts of killing Sakurai (mainly from any delay)
-Live in Europe (I know, all of you are probably heartbroken)
-Said a popular phrase too much (ex. LANDMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or YOU MUST RECOVER!!!!!!!!!!)
-^goes with above statement^ Someone told you to shut up or stop saying that phrase too much
-Worried that there will be no SSB4
-Stayed on smashboards for (#) hours straight
-Thought if you were going to give a rating to SSBB (like a popular mag.), it wouldn't get a perfect score [please don't]

Top Bottom