• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE! Raise your hand if you have done/are doing some the following...(35-69!)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Votes l Description
116 l A. Checked the Dojo on a weekend.

64 l B. Refreshed after a delay or a bad update, hoping it wasn't true.

84 l C. Refreshed at all twice in a day.

43 l D. You checked every sidebar tab (i.e. Characters, Stages, etc.) a number of times, in hopes that another, better update would be hidden there instead.

40 l E. Tried translating from another language (Japanese, Spanish...) to get a different result/meaning (ex. Up until now)

23 l F. Trying to see if you overlooked any secret leaks, in videos and Dojo articles

20 l G. Believing that there are secrets, conspiracies,... that Sakurai tries to leak

21 l H. Over-analyzing everything Sakurai saids (again 'Up until now' and 'Wario alone is special')

18 l I. You get so wound up you go to IGN for information

12 l J. You get so wound up you go to GameFAQ boards for info.

24 l K. Check the Dojo, the very minute it's updated each day.

16 l L. Practically go into cardiac arrest if you're away from your computer, on a day the Dojo updates.

14 l M. Buying (or wanting to buy)the Japanese version of brawl, with any excuse other than "I'm Japanese"

7 l N. Learning Japanese for a brawl related reason

19 l O. Tried to find every spoiler to the game

11 l P. Tried to avoid any spoiler to the game

19 l Q. Loving Sakurai for ever single good move he makes (minus the fact brawl rocks)

9 l R. Utterly hating him for every bad move he makes (despite the fact brawl rocks)

2 l S. Refusing to play brawl, because "It's not Melee" or "You can't wavedash"

13 l T. When you had a bad day, or get a bad update, you try to offset it by reading a good update(sonic, wi-fi, stage builder, the little notice that you can record matches...)

12 l U. Raising your hand... literally :p

3 l V. You found out the secret Japanese Cooking Navi DS song update (with Kirby's final smash) by yourself.

10 l W. Believe that everyone should give brawl a 1001 out of 100 in review scores

1 l X. Thinks that brawl sucks and does not deserve a 1 out of 100 in review scores

21 l Y. You knew exactly, at any given moment, how many days brawl had left until it's release, and you've known this for a while, and you felt like reminding your friends and families what your count is at. (PAL can still use the present tense)

Φ l Z. (reserved for an epic idea, probably never going to happen)

6 l 1. Got severely pissed off at Nintendo for not giving a PAL release date (or suggesting autumn), especially if you live in the US or Japan.

5 l 2. After reading the latest Dojo update, you immediately visit every single message board you frequently visit to discuss it.

3 l 3. As soon as you read the latest Dojo update, you look at the new screenshots and try and think of captions for the 'Funny Brawl Pics' thread.

1 l 4. You never stop playing a Melee game session, until your Wavebird batteries run out.

3 l 5. You only play as one character in smash (who you might still only play as in brawl).

2 l 6. You don't play any character more than another, you will always keep the cursor on random in brawl.

2 l 7. Made a Mii for different, or all Smash characters, besides the 8 original Smash characters.

7 l 8. You've memorized the url for your language of the Dojo main page. (example:http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html = English Dojo).

7 l 9. You thought it was a single update, then several days later you realized it was a double update.

2 l 10. Are a girl in real life. (yeah i know it does not fit the sentence "raise your hand if you have done one of the following...", but I want to know for statistics, besides how many girls are in smash boards?, honestly, i don't know!).

1 l 11. Memorized every advanced Tech.

0 l 12. Tried various "Methods" to obtain brawl early.

5 l 13. Annoy the heck out of everyone when you talk about brawl.

4 l 14. Have (had) a plan on everything you will do in brawl, even though you have never played it.

7 l 15. Searched for Brawl videos on video sites.

2 l 16. Photoshopped Brawl in-game pictures.

3 l 17. Know other people who are as brawl-dicted as you in real life

3 l 18. You have memorized all of the Special Attacks and Final Smashes for ALL the characters.

0 l 19. You have memorized the names of all the Special Attacks and Final Smashes for ALL the characters and how much damage they do. (if you say this you also have done #18).

0 l 20. You always crouch twice in wifi (or whatever it ends up being to say you are from smashboards online).

0 l 21. You crouched twice at the beginning of a NON-wifi match (I just realized that most people don't do that because it's easy to forget to).

10 l 22. You make brawl references outside the internet.

4 l 23. You believe/say "real men use/don't use items" or other opinionated inaccuracies

2 l 24. You have done #22 on a date.

8 l 25. You have said "pwn'd", "own'd", or other internet slang/memes outside the internet, and brawl matches.

1 | 26. Wear down controllers so much that buying new controllers happen basically a yearly (or monthly, or weekly, or daily) expense

0 | 27. Had a brawl/brawl featured character themed party (perhaps complete with a smashball decorated cake and FALCON PUNCH)

1 | 28. Doodling future created stages in class/work

0 | 29. Have faked matches on doodled smash stages

0 | 30. LARPing(Live. Action. Role. Playing.) smash matches in real life

0 | 31. Already made your own adventure mode plot, that would have been cooler/made more sense than subspace emissary

0 | 32. Action Replayed, Gamesharked, or otherwise hacked Brawl/Melee/64 (other than glitches)

0 | 33. Know every glitch for every smash game, yes even brawl

0 | 34. Been a "shiner"(fox's shine)

0 | 35. Play as a low tier character.

0 | 36. Always play as Marth, Fox, Metaknight, Ike, Falco, or Zelda just because they are high tiers and not because they suit your playing style.

1 | 37. Had the Brawl main theme song engraved into your mind permanently.

0 | 38. Got 1st place in an (semi)official Brawl Tournament. (So not with just your friends)

0 | 39. Wore a Completely red outfit on St. Patrick's day, just so you have enough teams to start a fight.

1 | 40. You cannot play other games because the A button does not do attacks and X and Y don't jump.

0 | 41. Play as Sonic, Pit, or Falco for the sheer annoyance factor (You Can't Defeat Me!, YOU'RE too SLO-ow!, Hands Off My Bread!) (taunts and the fact that Pit is pure annoyance, he's voice by a woman for crying out loud!).

0 | 42. Bought a lot of stocks from the stock market, in order to obtain IMMORTALITY.

1 | 43. Wished Smash had blood and FATALITIES.

0 | 44. Ate a mushroom.

0 | 45. Believe squirt guns don't harm robots, but merely pushes them off of cliffs.

0 | 46. Proposed with a smash custom stage.

0 | 47. Had withdrawal symptoms when leaving the Wii.

1 | 48. Downloaded Brawl Music.

1 | 49. Wondered why people keep telling you that you cannot have over 100% on anything.

0 | 50. Grabbed a CD in real life so that it wouldn't disappear in 3 seconds.

1 | 51. Played a match by only pressing that FALCON PUNCH button.(B)

1 | 52. Solved the mystery of why Ike would fight for nonexistent friends.

0 | 53. Tripped just by turning around in real life.

0 | 54. Tripped on a banana peel, then trip on it AGAIN in real life.

0 | 55. Ran out of memory on your Wii , and had to resort to SD cards.

0 | 56. Changed other games control schemes so that X and Y is for jumping, A is for melee attacks, and B is for Special attacks(and L and R for blocking).

0 | 57. You have Brawl music as Ringtones.

0 | 58. Believe it's impossible to play Melee again because it's so much harder. (Seriously, play for an hour, including some target test, you will get the hang of it back).

0 | 59. Actually believed that Geno had a chance of making it into brawl, especially since other characters actually were part of Nintendo's history (I'm looking at you Megaman!).

0 | 60. You've rented/bought the movie "Final Destination" for particular reasons...

0 | 61. Whenever someone wants to go camping, you call them a n00b.

1 | 62. Own the "Smashing Live" music CD from Nintendo Power.

1 | 63. Listened to Smash Music to fall asleep.

0 | 64. Believe that the graphics in brawl are the best the Wii will ever do.

0 | 65. Skipped work/school on March 9th.

0 | 66. You tripped when someone threw a banana peel... at your chest.

0 | 67. Learned a recipe to make spicy curry.

1 | 68. Knew how to make/made a smoke bomb.

0 | 69. Bought a Smash Strategy guide.

(feel free to add any more ideas to those above)

This list is mainly just for me, to help me poll, the ----------Y---------- things are the times i added new stuff, the letters are jot downs of what ideas they raised their hands for, some were not specific enough, so they are marked as such. Some posts were not votes and are generally marked by a ?, or posts that could have been votes. I'm not listing anymore comment posts though. I might have gotten some wrong, like posting a name twice, so please correct me. I even have every user name correct i think.

(if anyone wants to change/add more votes, please post the changes as a new post and don't edit old ones)(Also state whether or not you voted before)

------------------35-69--------------
------------------26-34--------------
Kr3w-y,8,22
N-Plus-A,F
Brawler2008-D
BlankShot-A, C, M, U, Y, 8, 11, 14, 17, 22, 23 and 25
The Nerd-A,B,C,D,F,G,H,L,M,P,Q,R,T,U,W,Y,1,2,3,9,13,15,18,22,23,24,25
Ch-Akruru-A, H, Y, 1, 14, 15 and 25
SFRHolyHill-A, E, F, H, U, Y, 9, 15, 17, 20, 22, 23, 25
smash_lord1050-a (0_o)
purple-tangerine-A, E, I, W, Y, 1, 8, 10, 16, 22, 25
Zonic100-A, C, G, 8, 22, M, Y
------------13-25------------
Metallic_Igloo-Abceikloqty2, 8, 9
cheesewiz189-A b c d f g h k o q w y 2 4 5 9
Vicious Delicious-aeiy
Sir Nels the Slayer-abcky
Zantok_X-A, B, C, E, J, O, U, 2, 6, 8, 9, 13, 15, 18, and 22
Firebert-ACWY
Lunadis-q w 10
------------7-12--------------
Chezball-6
Ridley22-A, B, C, D, E, F, and U.
KeyKid19-5
-----------5-----------
YodaMasterZ-acy
staindgray-ABCDFGHKOQRTY3
------------4-------------
l Karasu l-A and Y
gammazuma-A, C, D, H, I, K, Q, R, T, U, 1, and 2
Yoshara-A, B, C, and Y
--------------1-3------------
DVD Smith-A, C, D, J, K, P, Q, T, and W.
xl Lan lx-aei
RedMage8BT-A, C, F, G, H, K, L, Q, T, V, W, Y, 1, 2, 5, 7, 8
NotEz-(most)
---------------Y--------------
smashbro29-(something)
FalconPunch-r
wii_fantastic-a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,t,u,w
-------------W-X-------------
Happy Birthday-e
Wolf of Ice-A, B, C, D, M, Q, and U
cookiez-a
Cynan Machae-A, B, C, E, P, Q and U
Drclaw411-A, B, C, D, F, H, I, J, K, P, T, and V
zephyrnereus-abcdeimotv
--------------V--------------
Brawlmaniac-(?)
Luigi player-agk
Supersmashbro125-aptu
R.Y.N.O.-abipt
Desruprot-(some)
Chaos Paladin-abcdefghlmnoqt
Senshuu-abkow
Jiggy.-l
---------------T-U-----------
reu_1303-ce
entrapment-abcdefghijklmnopqrs
Rampage-a
Takdragon7-(most)
antimatter-amo
OmegaSlayer16-A and D
Shadow Caliber-A, K, L, and O
espio87-achijko13,15,17,18
=Samus-Aran=-A, B, K, M and O.
Thino-A E K M N O V
Akiak-A D E F G H K O Q R T
Mr. M-bmor
ConeZone-abcdefghijklmnopqrs
--------------m-s----------
gamer8-A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,K, and L.
Superninjabreadman-ah
iluvwobbuffet-A, B, C, F, K, and L.
Nasanieru-A, B, C, D, F, G, I, J, K, and L
SothE700k-abcdefghijkl (all before m?)
INs4niTY-ao
higgins-abcd
Spartan1841-abcdefghijkl
Super Drybones-acd
captainfalconmute-e
------------k-l--------------
CrossX-ai
-------------------i-j------------
Sir Bedevere-ag
JonBeBonanza-abcdefgh
maxieman-acdefgh
Unknownlight-(?)
--------------f-h------------
firebird34-e
Zeyeth-abce
FangzV-a
Darkuria-apquyz3 22 23 24
J18-abcde
blooagga-ad
Brav3r-abcde
TP_Zant-a
NessOnett-(some)
Rhubarbo-abcde
Senor Crouch-aglnpquwy1,9,13,14,15,22,25
illphill-ac
hunger1-(?)
Gr00ve-abcde
Tyfighter-df
tanfastic-abcde
timbers92-a
tafutureboy-abcd
Tristan_win-abcde
ekul-abcde
Papytendo-abcdefghij
Chrnocide-b
Disco Ninja Monkey-ac
Smash-Master9009-abcde
billywill-abcde
Linkeatspie-ad
darkhamsterlord-abcde
UncleGrandfather-ace
SirPainsalot-abcde
Heety9-abcde
--------------d-e--------------
Ryo242-abc
2007-c
iron blade-abcwy13, 14, 15, 18, and 25
Moldy Clay-c
Kinsei_Kensei-abc
courte-ac
listentomook-abc
Tempt-ac
Romancer-(?)
Fluke-ac
Windlord-abc
Talvi-abc
SaberPichu-abc
MechaCheif-abc
Jellybelly-(none)
C.Olimar788-a,c,e,h,i,j,q,y, and 2
Kirbichu-a
Doc Chronic-ak
Poel-abc
MajinNecro69-abcd
XACE-K-a
Gamer_Matt-a
~-/Giygas\-~-(?)
garbage-abc
AznHalfCaucasian-(some?)
SilentDrifterZ-ac
soviet prince-abc
pirkid-(abc)
Ledger_Damayn-(some?)
shellblade-ac
Kinlap-b
DQP-abc
AlbinoMonk-abc
Kasek-ac
trio1000-(?)
NDUDE-abc
mentosman8-abc
UltiMario-abc
zeldamaster2006-abc
super-7-abc
E-Z-MONEY-ac
Cobalt-ac
and
Meleemaster500-cdflmoq7,9,13,14,15,16,17,22,25,26,28,37,40,43,48,49,51,52,62,63,68

pheew...

(P.S. Credit where it's due)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha *raises hand for all 3*... B not so much hoping the delay wasn't going to be there, but more so after seeing the Japanese delay time hoping they entered the wrong date for the new release

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
I've done them all, but the only time I refreshed was for Sheik (out of shock and joy)

and of course when I realized that brawl was coming out march 9th :'(

DQP

Smash Ace
all three. i kept scanning for jigglypuff, even if it meant going to the dojo on weekends. yes, i'm that hardcore.

EDIT: all of them except J. yes, i'm that hardcore.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Option B. I refreshed on the dojo update on the last delay news. Refreshing absolutely did not make it go away. =/

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Mainly just if you have done these things only out of like waiting for a new update when obviously knowing that there wasn't going to be

Zevox

Smash Lord
Uh, well, I've looked at the Dojo on a weekend. Not looking for new info though, just re-reading old info or looking for the screenshots for one reason or another. Does that count?

Never done the others though.

Zevox

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
No it only counts for updates and out of bad habit, not just finding info or checking it regularly or such

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
raise your hand when you saw Sonic in the game and then realize they were covering up for their delay.
Also the same situation with Olimar

And I'm guilty to A, and lately C.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I've looked for new info on a Friday night maybe twice, just not keeping up with the day of the week, so I wasn't really fully aware of what I was doing.

I haven't done the other two though.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
All three.

I mean, who knows when Sakurai is feelin' kinda crazy and does some KUH-RAAAZY update on a weekend!
You don't wanna be the only one left out!

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
*raises for all three* (though most of the time A. was me being a tard and forgetting the dojo doesn't update on weekends)

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Raises 3 hands.

Oh, and saying I refreshed twice a day... the big day when all rumors from japan were coming I refreshed like twice... each 5 minutes.

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
I've done all of them... Don't know why, maybe just a small glimmer of hope that there is more...

Top Bottom