• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Smash Is Ghey.

Charoo

Smash Champion
So here's the deal. Peach's up smash hits on the 14th frame. Her running speed is also slower and doesn't dash as far. Fox's up smash hits on 8th and is fater in dash and etc. Thus, base on that, these information that the Peach board have gather should work for us and even better too. There's probably even more moves we can do too but I don't really know how to test out frame data. If any1 can then please do it for us? Ankoku? *put sheik main costume on* cmon man! We're both Sheik main!!! *put fox main custom back on* so yeah, great information that we can use too. Should hopefully help us land some up smash on people more now and make them scare of us.

also, up smash out of shield is probably our 3rd fastest thing oos or something like that. After nair and grab. So use it more!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244540

thanks Raz

Sweetspot Upsmashes by Dropping Shield and doing Dash + Usmash

NOT powershielded unless otherwise noted, just NORMALLY shielded having your shield PUSHED. These can work most of the time but you have to judge for yourself if you're too far away to try to usmash. Use your eyes man since spacing can change things so these are not 100% all the time. It's more like 100% all the time if you're close enough. Sometimes you kinda...aren't. And these all should work for sure if you powershield. :]

so yea...if you powershield all of these should work for sure and there's more possibilities and more things work such as mario's fsmash.

Don't take my word as law and question this and test it yourselves. It's important to use your own heads so we can get accurate results and make our character better so I'm asking you to doubt me here.

A lot of this may be known already but I guess I'm trying to help out just a little bit and I have some big tourneys coming up so I'm doing this mostly for me so there. :p

Bowser: Nothing, well...Down B but that's what we always do to him lol...
Captain Falcon: Falcon Punch, Falcon kick (kinda hard sometimes though coz it travels, might have to powershield), Fsmash, Non-autocancelled Knee, someone test dsmash but i'm pretty sure it doesn't work but yea...test plz.
Diddy Kong: Usmash, the cpu wouldn't use dsmash at all but test it b/c dsmash has a ton of ending lag. ;o
Donkey Kong: Side B, Powershield Fsmash/Dsmash/Donkey Punch
Falco: Usmash, Fair lag (lol...), Powershielded Dsmash
Fox: Usmash, Powershielded Dsmash (maybe Fsmash, sum1 test it)
Ganondorf: sh fair, fsmash sometimes powershield fsmash for sure, Powershield dsmash, powershield murder kick, powershield **** punch
Ice Climbers: Squall, Fsmash, Usmash, Dsmash (might kill only nana b/c her shield always comes up after popo's)
Ike: Uncharged eruption if you don't get pushed too far, Utilt, Side b, 3rd hit of jab, Fair and Nair and Dair if they space horribly and sometimes you just drop shield and hit your c stick w/ no dash.
Jigglypuff: Aerial Pound, Grounded Pound, Usmash, Rest, Fsmash, Dsmash
King Dedede: Powershield Jet Hammer, Powershield Usmash, Powershield Dsmash, Powershield Fsmash, Powershield a waddle if their dumb enough to do it that close to you you can usmash the ending lag.
Kirby: Gotta be lucky to land it on Fsmash w/o powershielding but the spacing is there sometimes I guess, Aerial Hammer, Powershielded Usmash, Powershielded Grounded Hammer
Link: Whiffed grab, up b, powershield 2nd hit fsmash (w/o powershield you get pushed too far, I wanna say Usmash but it's kinda hard to avoid getting smacked by the last two hits.
Lucario: At high percent his fsmash and dsmash push you too much.
Lucas: Fsmash, Usmash
Luigi: Maybe Powershield Dsmash but I really doubt this tbh, Poorly spaced nado
Mario: Fair, Powershield Fsmash
Marth: Shield Breaker (lol...), Dancing Blade Up
Metaknight: Nothing because he's MK, best I could do was landing a sourspot on his powershielded usmash xD
Mr. Game and Watch: Nothing
Ness: Usmash, Dsmash, Powershield fsmash
Olimar: None that I can see...someone test powershield dsmash though but I doubt it really works.
Pikachu: ^same as Olimar.
Pit: Nothing. You can try on his dsmash or usmash if you don't expect him to shield or jab or sidestep immediately but yea...nothing consistant at all.
Squirtle: Usmash, fsmash
Ivysaur: Sh Fair, Powershield fsmash, dsmash, and usmash.
Charizard: fsmash, dsmash, rock smash
R.O.B.: Nothing, maybe powershielded stuff but he has so little ending lag and that spotdodge...
Samus: Whiffed grab (well ofc u don't shield these but still Mikey mentioned it :O), Dsmash (more likely than not it'll push you outta range though), Fsmash and Dtilt must be powershielded though
Zero Suit Samus: ?????? I can't get her in practice mode lolol but i'm sure u can do it to Whiffed grab, dair, down b attack, and fsmash but idk coz you can't get her in practice mode, sum1 check.
Snake: Last hit of jab combo, Utilt close range
Sonic: Nothing, we're too slooooooow~.
Toon Link: 2nd hit Fsmash
Wario: Dsmash, Fsmash
Wolf: Fsmash
Yoshi: Dsmash, Powershield Usmash and Fsmash
Zelda: Utilt, Maybe usmash but someone else test this but I think it works b/c it zelda can't do **** afterwards.
Sheik: Usmash, Dsmash, Dair, Fsmash (if ur rly close to them)
Peach: It's so dumb testing this on lvl 9 peach someone help me XD i'm pretty sure we all space too well to let this happen to us anyway but still. ;O

as you can see I didn't do it all but I have a fair idea of what works and what doesn't for the stuff I left blank. I'll test more characters later.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It would be interesting to make a comprehensive list like this for Fox, too...

There are quite a few attacks you can, including Snake's tilts, if timed perfectly. : )

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol very nice! =)
pikachu boards should try this, too =X

i hope someone skillfull with frame data checks this nice stuff =]

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol i didn't think about that =0
it was a little bit funny haha

but fox is nice and Usmash is... Ghey lol

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I found something absurd that may completely switch around one of Fox's matchups and make it in his favor.

Anyone interested in helping me test it?

Charoo

Smash Champion
I found something absurd that may completely switch around one of Fox's matchups and make it in his favor.

hit me up on aim praxis

xuerarit

and i thought we were both suppose to switch to metaknight already

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Oh you secretive mystery-monger you.

If anyone wants to know: Yes I know that something already

PoweredVolt

Smash Cadet
Scrubs who don't know how to kill abuse it and make it seem gay. It's really a rational move though.

RPK

Smash Lord
yay for 8 frame move...Which means we can punish MK for doing a downsmash o-o For sure a dash attack on almost everything because it starts up on frame 3. It just needs to be buffered, which I personally need to work on ._. Though this also means that anything that hits our shield, can be punished unless they got something else that will be able to outspeed our dash attack frame 3 or upsmash frame 8

RPK

Smash Lord
By the way...Champ and Edreese never did say what they were able to connect ._. Now Im really really really curious on what Fox is able to hit...

TKD

Smash Lord
8 frames seems horribly slow for me =(
I should have been 3 or 4.

About RPK's post:
If you shield MK's dsmash, you're guaranteed an Usmash even if the Dsmash was tippered and you didn't powerblock.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Fox's upsmash isn't "ghey", it's actually kinda hard to land against a good player.

Nojonz.

This MK D-Smash thing sounds good.

Top Bottom