• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh Jesus that fake clown Popplio evolution was downright terrifying.
I've no idea what image you're talking about as I was just spread this theory via text.
I'd prefer if it wasn't a clown as Mr. Mime is probably enough.
Jesters though, I like jesters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've no idea what image you're talking about as I was just spread this theory via text.
I'd prefer if it wasn't a clown as Mr. Mime is probably enough.
Jesters though, I like jesters.
It was this monstrosity lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It was this monstrosity lol.
Oh that's... that looks like it could be a serial killer.
So congrats on whoever made that because they've succeeded.

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
So called "competitive" smash bros players aren't real smash players because they turn off all of the games content

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, please remember the rules of this thread. If he truly feels that way about competitive, do not criticize.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I hate how Samus drop bomb looks like she just drops a poop

Serious, I think it looks pretty ridiculous, and all the time I see she dropping the small bomb while jumping, she reminds me a bird pooping. That's one of the reasons I dont play Samus, and I don't like to fight her too, because when she uses this, looks like she is pooping in my head ;p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Serious, I think it looks pretty ridiculous, and all the time I see she dropping the small bomb while jumping, she reminds me a bird pooping. That's one of the reasons I dont play Samus, and I don't like to fight her too, because when she uses this, looks like she is pooping in my head ;p
Well I mean she was raised by birds, sooo...

Lenidem

Smash Lord

Good, now I will think of it every time. Thank you very much! :p

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Guys, please remember the rules of this thread. If he truly feels that way about competitive, do not criticize.
Tbh it's not even unpopular; you go to any place that talks about more Nintendo than just Smash, and you get similar sentiment.

Also, in a way it's not even an opinion, just blatant bait. Of course competitive Smash players are real Smash players... they're playing Smash.

Their comment deserves criticism, because this is an unpopular opinion thread, not a ****-talk other people thread (and yes I see the irony).

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Tbh it's not even unpopular; you go to any place that talks about more Nintendo than just Smash, and you get similar sentiment.

Also, in a way it's not even an opinion, just blatant bait. Of course competitive Smash players are real Smash players... they're playing Smash.

Their comment deserves criticism, because this is an unpopular opinion thread, not a ****-talk other people thread (and yes I see the irony).
If they were truly expressing their opinion they would have said nicer words, but claiming someone isn't a "real" Smash player crosses the line to a point where it's obvious flame bait.

That comment deserved any criticism it got not only because of that but also because topics like it had already been discussed and if they actually wanted a discussion they would have gone there first.

So yeah you're right.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If they were truly expressing their opinion they would have said nicer words, but claiming someone isn't a "real" Smash player crosses the line to a point where it's obvious flame bait.

That comment deserved any criticism it got not only because of that but also because topics like it had already been discussed and if they actually wanted a discussion they would have gone there first.

So yeah you're right.
Some people just aren't well-spoken. Then again, given the track record of that user... yeah, it's clearly trolling.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's not comment on other users, please. That's uncalled for. If you honestly feel they're trolling, just report it. Besides that, as you can see above on the post itself, one commented was actually warned, so it's already taken care of.

Move on, please.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

Wh....why.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I don’t get the hype for the new double jump button short hop thing. It’s insanely hard to hit three of the four A, B, X, Y buttons without hitting the other button, and even then, a lot of the time, I slightly mess it up and it does a whole jump or does no attack. Doesn’t make it any easier to shorthop at all whatsoever.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I don’t get the hype for the new double jump button short hop thing. It’s insanely hard to hit three of the four A, B, X, Y buttons without hitting the other button, and even then, a lot of the time, I slightly mess it up and it does a whole jump or does no attack. Doesn’t make it any easier to shorthop at all whatsoever.
There’s hype for it? People should just learn to shorthop. It’s not that difficult

KatKit

Smash Lord
Among all the 3rd parties, Final Fantasy is the series that just feels kinda "there" to me.
Fixed it to fit my opinion.

I'm glad everyone is back and all but, uh... I'm more excited that Midgar (the stage) returned to Smash than Cloud and everything else he brought with his inclusion (note: very little). I can remember every spirit battle except the one(s?) with him. I don't even know for sure if he's in the opening movie TBH.

Conversely, Ryu has one of the best Classic Modes, Street Fighter has the most improved song list out of any franchise (let alone 3rd party), the game has tons of cool/funny unlockable pictures of Ryu/Ken, Guile is eerily fleshed out for an assist trophy, Ken is only considered an echo because he's one in his home series, etc. It got a lot of love/attention to detail, and it was obvious to me that Sakurai is probably a fan of SF2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even though it's been like four months since then, I'm still saddened by the fact that the Grinch Leak was fake. in hindsight I should've known it was too good to be true but man, it's just super depressing seeing all these fans get BTFO'd like that.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Even though it's been like four months since then, I'm still saddened by the fact that the Grinch Leak was fake. in hindsight I should've known it was too good to be true but man, it's just super depressing seeing all these fans get BTFO'd like that.
Though I've largely gotten over it by now and come to love Incineroar/respect Ken, a part of me is forever bummed Shadow will probably never get the Echo treatment he deserves.

In fact all of the Echo Fighters are human or humanoid, which I find lame. Not to say the concept was wasted but I feel like they could have done so much more with it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Though I've largely gotten over it by now and come to love Incineroar/respect Ken, a part of me is forever bummed Shadow will probably never get the Echo treatment he deserves.

In fact all of the Echo Fighters are human or humanoid, which I find lame. Not to say the concept was wasted but I feel like they could have done so much more with it.
One thing somebody brought up is that the only two 3rd party echoes were chosen uniquely, and Shadow just lost the draw in that regard.

Richter only got in because he and Simon were both to appeal to each region and that they shared the same moveset in order to make Simon interesting enough. Ken got in cause he's the original echo. Neither were simply "because easy". Ken probably was ballot too. I think it might be just a case of Shadow solely having ballot votes but no other factor, so he was a lower priority character. Isaac is another example of this, as his games being dead made him lower priority in a list of small games. You could view Isabelle as an example of a voted character(not confirmed for ballot, but this is likely too) who was relevant, akin to K. Rool. Or Ridley. Echoes for 1st party characters don't seem to matter if they're relevant or not. Chrom wasn't much anymore(but considering the trio was incomplete for Awakening, and people were not happy he wasn't in over Robin, he had more going for him. Dark Samus and Daisy are about the only two Echoes that could apply for "were also just that easy").

I agree Shadow would've been awesome to have in.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Unpopular? I didn't want the Grinch Leak to be real.

And that's admittedly part of why I didn't believe it - it was sort of a weird case of confirmation bias. Yeah, there were objective details here or there that were suspicious, but my gut feeling against it was that I didn't like the scenario.

Okay, partly it was a purely selfish 'a bloobloobloo my favourite characters didn't get in :crying:' and I'm prepared to admit that. But a large part of it was also that the leak, if real, would have been really ... well ... boring.

I have nothing against any of the Grinch leak characters individually and it would be cool to see them all eventually be playable. A bike-based fighter like Mach Rider could be really fun. Rhythm Heaven should have more than just spirits and music. And the Sonic series could really do with a second fighter by now.

But collectively, the whole thing came off as a ****ing checklist. You had your fan favourites (Geno, Banjo, Isaac) which seemed to align with the inclusion of Ridley and K Rool. You had Ken and Shadow, the two echo 'locks'. Even Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, the two weirder inclusions, had fan logic behind them (Gematsu and past Sakurai comments respectively). The only weird thing about it was no Pokemon, but again that came off as confirmation bias: many fans didn't want Incineroar and really wanted to prove Vergeben wrong.

If the Grinch leak was real, then we'd have been massively spoiled on the game and the last direct would have been kind of dull: just a series of 'hey look, it's this character now!' trailers with no surprises. It would have also been kind of depressing that Sakurai's best plans to prevent leaks had been undone yet again.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Unpopular? I didn't want the Grinch Leak to be real.

And that's admittedly part of why I didn't believe it - it was sort of a weird case of confirmation bias. Yeah, there were objective details here or there that were suspicious, but my gut feeling against it was that I didn't like the scenario.

Okay, partly it was a purely selfish 'a bloobloobloo my favourite characters didn't get in :crying:' and I'm prepared to admit that. But a large part of it was also that the leak, if real, would have been really ... well ... boring.

I have nothing against any of the Grinch leak characters individually and it would be cool to see them all eventually be playable. A bike-based fighter like Mach Rider could be really fun. Rhythm Heaven should have more than just spirits and music. And the Sonic series could really do with a second fighter by now.

But collectively, the whole thing came off as a ****ing checklist. You had your fan favourites (Geno, Banjo, Isaac) which seemed to align with the inclusion of Ridley and K Rool. You had Ken and Shadow, the two echo 'locks'. Even Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, the two weirder inclusions, had fan logic behind them (Gematsu and past Sakurai comments respectively). The only weird thing about it was no Pokemon, but again that came off as confirmation bias: many fans didn't want Incineroar and really wanted to prove Vergeben wrong.

If the Grinch leak was real, then we'd have been massively spoiled on the game and the last direct would have been kind of dull: just a series of 'hey look, it's this character now!' trailers with no surprises. It would have also been kind of depressing that Sakurai's best plans to prevent leaks had been undone yet again.
I had a slight bit of confirmation bias toward the Grinch Leak, but from the start: A blurry image on snapchat, seven newcomers despite Sakurai's statements, and Mach Rider as a newcomer all seemed too good and too obvious of a fake to be true.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Uh... Shadow would count as "humanoid". Come back with an Echo concept for Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Ridley, or one of the Pokémon (other than Lucario, Mewtwo, or Incineroar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom