• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Waluigi wouldn't feel force to me, I'm not legitimately opposed to the character. He's whatever to me. But I feel like Waluigi added is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. It just has that effect. Waluigi takes away unpredictability from Super Mario Bros newcomers.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
  • The people complaining that "Smash is for Nintendo All-Stars" are the same people who want Isaac, someone who is decidedly not a Nintendo All-Star.
I think this is absolutely true and definitely interesting. What it probably comes down to is that fans feels the newcomers chosen should almost be rewards for being fans of Nintendo. It's like there's two paths: one road keeps you trying to bring in characters as popular as Mario, Link, etc., while the other would rather focus on any Nintendo character with a modicum of a fanbase before looking into third party. I really see both sides because it makes so much sense that Nintendo characters should be priority not only for the "spirit of the game" but for licensing ease, but at a certain point that leads to adding characters that just don't deserve it anymore.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I think this is absolutely true and definitely interesting. What it probably comes down to is that fans feels the newcomers chosen should almost be rewards for being fans of Nintendo. It's like there's two paths: one road keeps you trying to bring in characters as popular as Mario, Link, etc., while the other would rather focus on any Nintendo character with a modicum of a fanbase before looking into third party. I really see both sides because it makes so much sense that Nintendo characters should be priority not only for the "spirit of the game" but for licensing ease, but at a certain point that leads to adding characters that just don't deserve it anymore.
Thank you so much for this. Perhaps these arguments don't belong under "unpopular opinions," it's common knowledge that Isaac/Geno are not Nintendo icons.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
But he deserves a spot? He really dont even have a game. Wario has the Wario Ware games, and Wario Land Shake it, for example. Waluigi is just a character option in mario tennis games. I feel there are no good reasons to request his presence in the roster, more than just want to have a sensation of completion of the team, seeing all the related characters on the select screen, no matter if they are really good characters or not.

Add Waluigi on the game, a character that has no importance at all, would really be lower the bar to me.
Bowser didn't have a game. I'm not saying that I support Waluigi, but not everybody have tobhave games, like Dark Pit, R.O.B, Daisy, Ganondorf, etc ...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bowser didn't have a game. I'm not saying that I support Waluigi, but not everybody have tobhave games, like Dark Pit, R.O.B, Daisy, Ganondorf, etc ...

They all have roles unique to them in that games, though (except Daisy, but she's a bad example). You can switch Waluigi with a Goomba with his hat in pretty much all games he shows up.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much for this. Perhaps these arguments don't belong under "unpopular opinions," it's common knowledge that Isaac/Geno are not Nintendo icons.
Don't get me wrong I'd love either as newcomers because I just like seeing new fighters in Smash. And it'd be nice to complete the Big 3. But when looking at Square, to compare Sora to Geno is comical. If Nintendo/Square choose DLC based on popularity it's going to be Sora or maybe a DQ character, and hopefully people see the reason behind that isn't malice towards fans but just smart business.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Taking a quick break from melee to play some brawl. I still Subspace Emissary, even though some parts are BS (I hope whoever tricked Sakurai into letting Giant Diddy Kong be a fight in the same level you need to unlock Jigglypuff got ****ing fired)

Very unpopular:

Before you all nuke be in the DM's for saying this: I really don't think Isaac would be good in Smash. I've though it over, and it just doesn't make sense for him to be anything more than an AT at this point. I can't see the reasoning behind choosing one special snowflake from a game that was discontinued a dozen years ago to be a fighter over hundreds of other, more relevant choices. Not to mention that Isaac wasn't even the main character of one of his three games. Even further, Isaac wouldn't meet the criteria for fighters, and I don't see the development team reserving a slot for a character with credentials that Isaac meets. He's not a retro character, a character from a new game, a major Nintendo character, and again, hasn't had a game in a dozen years. All Isaac would do is open the floodgates even further in terms of how relevant a character must be to get into Smash. Granted, I have nothing against Isaac as a character, the Golden Sun fanbase or anyone who supports Isaac and I feel bad for anyone who was disappointed Isaac wasn't included, I just came to the unpopular opinions thread to say I don't think adding Isaac in Smash would be a good idea.
you had me until "special snowflake."

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong I'd love either as newcomers because I just like seeing new fighters in Smash. And it'd be nice to complete the Big 3.
I really don't think that would matter because then we'd just have a new Big 3 with Bandana Dee and Skull Kid or something.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Tbh I feel like people think there are two categories characters fall under. "Wanted by hardcore long-time Nintendo fans" and "Characters that Nintendo actually cares about". When in reality there's a decent selection of characters who have both. Like for example, Ridley, K Rool, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, and Rayman. Inkling and Isabelle had less of a competitive Smash community following but it was still there. I think that the competitive Smash community believes they're representative of the general smash player population. Which is definitely inaccurate and gives people false expectations of what characters are likely to get in. Honestly I hate a lot of Sakurai's decisions, but he's way better at picking characters than the average competitive Smash fan if he wants to sell copies of this game.

gramkracka22

Smash Cadet
I hope someone does a PM version of Ultimate as I find it plays more or less the same as 4 and kinda meh in comparison to melee/PM.
(I have played it in person)

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I hope someone does a PM version of Ultimate as I find it plays more or less the same as 4 and kinda meh in comparison to melee/PM.
(I have played it in person)
No more Melee mod please. Go make a mod of Melee with Sm4sh characters and you'll be happy with other Melee fans.
Maybe I was a bit too mean, but the game isn't even released yet and we have already people who say that is not like Melee and it should be modded.

Also, it will be my unique time (I guess) when I don't respect the rules of this thread.

Last edited:

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I'm curious. What does 'deserves a spot' mean? This character is popular? This character has a dedicated fanbase? I have an intense hatred of thay term because it really seems to shut down discussion on character picks. Look, I get it. I don't like the things other people like, alright? Quote, Mach, DeMille, Midna, I understand they'll never be more than footnotes in Nintendo history. But so was Ice Climbers. So was Wii Fit Trainer, so was PIT, an undisputable face of the franchise. Do retro characters or third parties deserve spots? I don't think so, I think at most Mario and Link deserve spots. I think Smash should be a reward for being a Nintendo fan, a cool nod that someone loves that thing you do. A thing that not everyone else does, like Culdcept or Ever Oasis or Tomato Adventure. Something unique.

Sorry for the rant but, I guess to TLDR. What is 'deservedness' in terms of Smash reps? Its always confused and frustrated me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I'm curious. What does 'deserves a spot' mean? This character is popular? This character has a dedicated fanbase? I have an intense hatred of thay term because it really seems to shut down discussion on character picks. Look, I get it. I don't like the things other people like, alright? Quote, Mach, DeMille, Midna, I understand they'll never be more than footnotes in Nintendo history. But so was Ice Climbers. So was Wii Fit Trainer, so was PIT, an undisputable face of the franchise. Do retro characters or third parties deserve spots? I don't think so, I think at most Mario and Link deserve spots. I think Smash should be a reward for being a Nintendo fan, a cool nod that someone loves that thing you do. A thing that not everyone else does, like Culdcept or Ever Oasis or Tomato Adventure. Something unique.

Sorry for the rant but, I guess to TLDR. What is 'deservedness' in terms of Smash reps? Its always confused and frustrated me.
It's just another way of stating one's opinion.
A combination of why the person wants a character and/or why said character would make sense to include.
It's subjective, don't take it too seriously.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I mean, I feel like it is a little silly. It could be used interchangeably with "this character is a good idea to include". Which could be for any reason like "I want it" or "a lot of other people want it" or "It would help to sell the game or other Nintendo products". But some people have some more weird criteria like "has been around for a long time" or "this series has more games therefore it should have more characters" which doesn't really mean that it would be a good idea to include.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman

Actually, Wii Fit Trainer was important. But you're right. Deserving a spot doesn't mean anything.

Also, I have an another opinion, but this one is kind of dead now, but :
Why did people say that Ribbon Girl is good echo fighter of Springman ? Each one of them plays differently ! Hell, Springtron is the real echo of Springman in ARMS !

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Actually, Wii Fit Trainer was important. But you're right. Deserving a spot doesn't mean anything.

Also, I have an another opinion, but this one is kind of dead now, but :
Why did people say that Ribbon Girl is good echo fighter of Springman ? Each one of them plays differently ! Hell, Springtron is the real echo of Springman in ARMS !
I think because she could reuse a lot of Spring Man's assets but with multiple jumps and an increased fast fall but no shockwave and no perma-charged ARMS. So their moves would all still be the same. However, once her signature gloves and throw start getting mixed in it starts to get more messy. I think it stems from there being a lot of confusion over how different a character can be before they stop being considered an echo.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
The "Its just a game" comments really make me feel like I'm holding in eruption. No, Smash ISN'T just a game. Its one of the only few games I play these days. If my most wanted character is de-confirmed, not claiming to be ultimately bothered is criminal. I want to play as a character I grew attached to. I WANT to feel badass when I want to escape. Regardless of Sakurai's hard work, a character that had EVERYTHING going for it, suddenly absent, you damn right I will need to blow steam.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think because she could reuse a lot of Spring Man's assets but with multiple jumps and an increased fast fall but no shockwave and no perma-charged ARMS. So their moves would all still be the same. However, once her signature gloves and throw start getting mixed in it starts to get more messy. I think it stems from there being a lot of confusion over how different a character can be before they stop being considered an echo.
I mean it makes sense when they can be as similar as Richter to Simon one one hand as practically identical, and on the other be practically a semi clone in the case of Ken to Ryu.

So far the only real criteria seems to be they have to share basically the same or mostly adjustable skeleton and be able to retain enough identity in the process to be an Echo.

On that note, my unpopular opinion is that hey shouldnt make Echo Fighters just cause they could work. Characters like Ninten and the Octolings has no real support until Echoes were a concept as characters, and I think generally they should be popular choices only so as to avoid hyperinflating the roster.

I also just don’t think Ninten in particular is noteworthy enough to be in Smash and if we were to ever to get another mother rep, basically every other option is infinitely better. Lucas is already a semi clone, I don’t need another character based off of Ness.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Ultimate supporting 11 languages but not my native Portuguese stings more than any deconfirmation of a character I wanted

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Sylux is overrated. His support is entirely built on an assumption he would be the main villain of Metroid Prime 4 and is somehow a viable candidate for DLC to promote said game. We know nothing about the game since the teaser trailer was released back in E3 2017.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Smash is a complicated party game.
Also an unpopular opinion: Either Smash Bros is the best Fighting Game precisely because it's not drowning in the same hitstun combo bull**** the others do, or it's a Party Game because of its lack of combos and therefore, the entire Party game genre is better then Fighting Games on principle of being more fun, which is what both genres ultimately set out to do.

The "Its just a game" comments really make me feel like I'm holding in eruption. No, Smash ISN'T just a game. Its one of the only few games I play these days. If my most wanted character is de-confirmed, not claiming to be ultimately bothered is criminal. I want to play as a character I grew attached to. I WANT to feel badass when I want to escape. Regardless of Sakurai's hard work, a character that had EVERYTHING going for it, suddenly absent, you damn right I will need to blow steam.
I may not agree with you, but your feelings are valid.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Either Smash Bros is the best Fighting Game precisely because it's not drowning in the same hitstun combo bull**** the others do,
I couldn’t help but ask, are combos the main reason why you don’t play other fighting games? Sounds like a silly reason, especially since Smash has its share of combos as well.

or it's a Party Game because of its lack of combos and therefore, the entire Party game genre is better then Fighting Games on principle of being more fun, which is what both genres ultimately set out to do.
No doubt, as fighting games require thinking to succeed, hence why I consider Smash to be ‘complicated’.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I couldn’t help but ask, are combos the main reason why you don’t play other fighting games? Sounds like a silly reason, especially since Smash has its share of combos as well.

No doubt, as fighting games require thinking to succeed, hence why I consider Smash to be ‘complicated’.
Perhaps "combo" isn't the right word. What I can't stand is being stunlocked (in any game), because it's basically the game telling me "you don't get to play this game for several seconds because I said so."

I play other fighting games, but the reason I don't want anything to do with them competitively is because there's way too much stunlocking BS in them. It's a problem that Overwatch and Hyrule Warriors have as well.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Perhaps "combo" isn't the right word. What I can't stand is being stunlocked (in any game), because it's basically the game telling me "you don't get to play this game for several seconds because I said so."

I play other fighting games, but the reason I don't want anything to do with them competitively is because there's way too much stunlocking BS in them. It's a problem that Overwatch and Hyrule Warriors have as well.
This is the whole reason why learning the neutral is essential: so that you can wait for an opportunity to deliver heavy damage instead of rushing in blindly and being the one getting damaged. And even if you do know the neutral/have good execution, ‘stunlocking’ will remain a core concept in any fighting game due to Newton’s 3rd law of motion and is simply the result of a bad read.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
This is the whole reason why learning the neutral is essential: so that you can wait for an opportunity to deliver heavy damage instead of rushing in blindly and being the one getting damaged.
A simple "git gud" would've sufficed, "thank you" very much.

And even if you do know the neutral/have good execution, ‘stunlocking’ will remain a core concept in any fighting game due to Newton’s 3rd law of motion and is simply the result of a bad read.
You say that as though the developers aren't able to just go "hey, let's not program the character to have obnoxious amounts of hitstun when they get hit."

Oh, and I just now noticed your little "No doubt, fighting games require thinking to succeed" quip.

Yeah, **** this, I don't need this condescending attitude.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
You say that as though the developers aren't able to just go "hey, let's not program the character to have obnoxious amounts of hitstun when they get hit."

Oh, and I just now noticed your little "No doubt, fighting games require thinking to succeed" quip.

Yeah, **** this, I don't need this condescending attitude.
Git gud?

gramkracka22

Smash Cadet
No more Melee mod please. Go make a mod of Melee with Sm4sh characters and you'll be happy with other Melee fans.
Maybe I was a bit too mean, but the game isn't even released yet and we have already people who say that is not like Melee and it should be modded.

Also, it will be my unique time (I guess) when I don't respect the rules of this thread.
Why do you think I am posting in an unpopular opinion thread..I'm aware.

Also I've seen a ton of gameplay footage and played ult in person. It's smash4 deluxe.

e/ It's 10000x easier to change gameplay of ultimate to make it play more like melee than it is to just add a ton of new content to melee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think what you're saying is that you want to be able to feel like you are always in control of your character. And if so, I completely understand that. Nothing is more annoying than watching something happen to your character and feeling completely helpless because you're being comboed or something--sure might feel great for the person doing the comboing, but it makes it extremely unfun for you.

Fortunately Smash Bros. does a pretty good job of avoiding this, in part due to the nature of knocking characters back instead of using health bars. It allows some breathing room for you to get back on your feet and retaliate.

Another reason I like Smash Bros. is the simple inputs. I played Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U and while there was enjoyment to be had, it was taxing trying to keep track of inputs considering there is a button for each limb and whatnot. I get that people feel a certain high or sense of accomplishment for mastering such games, but it really does raise the bar for entry and then you just have a closed and dedicated community with no new blood. A lot of 'complicated' games are like this, even board games or trading card games. Funny how some people are really drawn to very complicated games though...I guess it makes them feel smart. When I play games with other people though, I like the playing field to be even for everyone. It's not fun winning all the time.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I think what you're saying is that you want to be able to feel like you are always in control of your character. And if so, I completely understand that. Nothing is more annoying than watching something happen to your character and feeling completely helpless because you're being comboed or something--sure might feel great for the person doing the comboing, but it makes it extremely unfun for you.

Fortunately Smash Bros. does a pretty good job of avoiding this, in part due to the nature of knocking characters back instead of using health bars. It allows some breathing room for you to get back on your feet and retaliate.

Another reason I like Smash Bros. is the simple inputs. I played Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U and while there was enjoyment to be had, it was taxing trying to keep track of inputs considering there is a button for each limb and whatnot.
^ This. Almost all of this. ^

(just replace "it was taxing trying to keep track of inputs" with "holy ****, these inputs are so strict that my hands are actually starting to physically hurt from it")

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Piranha plant was a lame addition. Perhaps I'm missing something, but the reception for the plant seems to be mostly positive. Just go on to any YouTube video, or look at at the main SU discussion page & you'll see nothing, but praise for the character. "Well, looks like I found a new main.", "Piranha plant is our lord & savior.", "Don't you dare insult Piranha plant senpai.", etc... Even in this thread, people have been singing its praise. I honestly feel bad for the fan-bases for certain characters since this isn't the case of a low effort clone, or echo. Nope. Their highly requested character just got beat by a generic Mario enemy that you, "Never knew you wanted until now.", just because of, "Hurr Durr WTF Sack-Of-Rai."

Also, the World of Light mode doesn't look that fun. It's giving me major Smash Tour PTSD, and just seems like a large gauntlet of event challenges. I'm really hoping there's more to it than what they've shown (more cinematics, dialogue, Melee-esque platforming sections, etc...).
Okay jokes aside, PP is a really good roster addition. He has recognizability, popularity, WTF factor, one of the best move sets in smash creativity wise, and looks extremely fun to play as. All of these reign true especially the first one. I’m more likely to be able to clap my hands with my arms amputated than I am to find 10 people buying ultimate who don’t know who PP is and at the same time recognize Isaac. Meanwhile anyone buying the game who doesn’t frequent smash comment sections and the like constantly most likely doesn’t know who the heck Isaac is but will know PP on sight. As you pointed out he also really clicks with the fan base as well. He is a joke character but has a lot of creativity and effort involved and gets props for that. As for fan bases of characters, that is honestly their fault if they seem to take PP’s existence as Sakurai flipping the bird. By their logic anybody who isn’t in smash was clearly snubbed specially for PP. I still am mad that my cat was flipped off by Sakurai because PP is in the game. My cat has way more moveset potential than a potted plant! Piranha Plant took my Daddy’s spot specifically. I’m triggered. They act as if Sakurai [Who backed up his reasoning for the plant in interview] was thinking about your character and spurning them and only them from Smash. I find this behavior egocentric and insensitive. (On a side note, the Bandanna Dee fan base kind of loves Piranha Plant due to the dismissal of the hat goomba stigma perpetuated by his inclusion) And to strawman the argument of the entire Piranha Plant fan base for why he’s a good character isn’t a good look. You ever considered that Piranha Plant has an interesting moveset? You ever thought that people say he is our new main because he looks fun? Did you ever stop to consider that people are impressed with him because he has the rosters best moveset with the worst outside support or in game condition? Not once have you ever entertained that people could legitimately want a joke character or just somebody who could work as a meme. This isn’t some hurr durr thing, people legitimately like Piranha Plant. If he was just a joke, why have the majority of retailers ran out of his amiibo? You don’t spend $30 on some meme. I know I may never change your opinion, but be logical in your reasoning at least.

As for WoL It most likely doesn’t have platforming, although it does however contain a multitude of cutscenes with dialogue as well as numerous boss fights. You’ll be okay.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
I will propably get infracted but i dont care, im going to speak out my mind anyways:

Piranha Plant, out of every Mario characters got added as a DLC. No Toad, no Waluigi, no King Boo, just this garbage.

Quite frankly i dont care about Waluigi that much, even if i like Wario X Waluigi as a team. I almost never pick Waluigi in other games. But after hearing the reaction of fans wanting Waluigi to be added into the game, i kinda feel for them.

And after hearing this character Piranha Plant that almost noone asked for, i know that he is just laughing at peoples face. I dont understand his hate for some characters. Its unreal when i Think about it.

Piranha Plant, really? Couldnt you have just made Waluigi an echo of Luigi to please the fans? Like you did with Samus, Daisy, Richter, Ken, Dark Pit, that girl with a sword noone even cares about whatever her name is?

What are you DOING? Okay, i seriously HATE that some Waluigi fanboys are litteraly flooding and attacking people, i hate what they do, but have you forgotten that there are GENUINE FRIENDLY MATURE WALUIGI fans out there?
Im pretty sure this is a troll character. Piranha Plant, might aswell add Goombas and Koopas on the roster over Toad and Waluigi while youre at it. Piranha Plant xD What why would i even want to play that garbage?
Its like in Mario Kart 7, adding a bee queen over Waluigi (and i have NEVER ever seen someone pick her, the same will go for Piranha plant) yet put a Waluigi stage on the game.

Again, i am more of a fan of Wario and Toad, but just a question, what is the reason Nintendo struggles to add Waluigi to their games and sometimes even remove him for a crappier character noone cares about? This treatment isnt normal. Its unreal. Why is Waluigi less respected than a bee queen or a random swarm of flies outside Peach castle?
Because design-wise, he looks very cool. He looks like an anti-Luigi. Did Nintendo end up with a fight of the Waluigi designer? They seem to have a personal problem with Waluigi somehow, adding a queen bee or a random enemy from Mario over him in a roster.

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
I will propably get infracted but i dont care, im going to speak out my mind anyways:

Piranha Plant, out of every Mario characters got added as a DLC. No Toad, no Waluigi, no King Boo, just this garbage.

Quite frankly i dont care about Waluigi that much, even if i like Wario X Waluigi as a team. I almost never pick Waluigi in other games. But after hearing the reaction of fans wanting Waluigi to be added into the game, i kinda feel for them.

And after hearing this character Piranha Plant that almost noone asked for, i know that he is just laughing at peoples face. I dont understand his hate for some characters. Its unreal when i Think about it.

Piranha Plant, really? Couldnt you have just made Waluigi an echo of Luigi to please the fans? Like you did with Samus, Daisy, Richter, Ken, Dark Pit, that girl with a sword noone even cares about whatever her name is?

What are you DOING? Okay, i seriously HATE that some Waluigi fanboys are litteraly flooding and attacking people, i hate what they do, but have you forgotten that there are GENUINE FRIENDLY MATURE WALUIGI fans out there?
Im pretty sure this is a troll character. Piranha Plant, might aswell add Goombas and Koopas on the roster over Toad and Waluigi while youre at it. Piranha Plant xD What why would i even want to play that garbage?
Its like in Mario Kart 7, adding a bee queen over Waluigi (and i have NEVER ever seen someone pick her, the same will go for Piranha plant) yet put a Waluigi stage on the game.

Again, i am more of a fan of Wario and Toad, but just a question, what is the reason Nintendo struggles to add Waluigi to their games and sometimes even remove him for a crappier character noone cares about? This treatment isnt normal. Its unreal. Why is Waluigi less respected than a bee queen or a random swarm of flies outside Peach castle?
Because design-wise, he looks very cool. He looks like an anti-Luigi. Did Nintendo end up with a fight of the Waluigi designer? They seem to have a personal problem with Waluigi somehow, adding a queen bee or a random enemy from Mario over him in a roster.
Read My above post. It seemingly applies to you as well.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Piranha Plant is like a Fire Flower. Sure Sakurai can add a Fire Flower item (they have Eyes and their own firey power so they are alive and can be retconned to fight people they dont like i guess) as a playable character, everyone recognize it, the same amount of people that "asked for Piranha Plant" would be happy about this.

But maybe Sakurai is clever. Maybe hes holding Toad and Waluigi back and releases joke characters like Piranha Plant, Waddle Dee, Marios Moustache or whatever, just to release them at a last wave. But after Smash 4 and all those FI and swordusers, i am worried that this trend of playable characters noone asked for will go on.

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm surprised that the fanbase for Waluigi is the one who is most opposed to Piranha Plant being in the game. I feel like people give the same reasons for liking Waluigi as people give for Piranha Plant. Waluigi is even commonly associated with them in the games. But I think Piranha Plant has more things to make its moveset original than Waluigi does, personally. I'm even starting to think people were more impressed with the plant than they would have been with Waluigi. I feel like there's a big chance he wouldn't have brought anything new to the table playstyle-wise and I think that's partly why he has been repeatedly not included.

Also, I used Honey Queen in Mario Kart lol.

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Owwwwww im sorry Lucina then. Shes so useless to me as a character that i forgot her name already.

And about Waluigi and Piranha Plant. To be honest, i dont MIND Waluigi in the Smash roster. He could be an echo and throw black fireballs. There is a Waluigi cap, there is Waluigi costumers for Mario and Luigi, why is it so hard to just make an echo fighter or a Waluigi model for Luigi himself? Like Fire Mario for Mario?

What im kind of mad about is how Sakurai (its him right?) seems to totally ignore the feedback of Waluigi. To me it looks like hes laughing at the fans by throwing in a Mario character absolutely noone asked about. Its just weird. Especially when SAKURAI, my MAN, didnt want Wario to end up like a clone to Mario and designed him for Brawl instead. Its strange that the person who wanted Wario to the roster is hating Waluigi this much. He listened to the audience alot before.

This is why im baffled. It gives me a sense of negativity when Sakurai throws out a Piranha Plant instead when a huge part of the fans asked for Waluigi. It seems like trolling at this point. Like Diablo Immortal-level of trolling.

Its like if most people asked Nintendo to make Entei playable and they just threw out an Unown instead. This is the wibe i am getting.

I myself am patiently hoping for Toad, Electrode (i had a dream about him being playable once so:D) old Heihachi and Akuma to be playable. But i dont know. Maybe Sakurais team will throw out a Goomba instead of a beloved Toad.

Please for the love of God, dont add Sakura over Akuma:(

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Please for the love of God, dont add Sakura over Akuma:(
If Smash is getting any more Street Fighter reps, it's probably going to be Chun Li, and after her probably Guile, M. Bison and Cammy. Maybe Akuma as a Ryu semi-clone if Street Fighter brushes its teeth, does its taxes and thanks the bus driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom