• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I don't care for a lot of stages, even during casual play, does anyone really want to have to deal with characters like Yellow Devil or fight in the giant Palutena Temple Maze?

Well yes, there obviously are, but this is a rhetorical question.

D

Deleted member 189823

Zelda is good.

@me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I don't think that Town and City makes Smashville redundant or vice versa. They have similarities but their gimmicks work differently which affects stage positioning in different ways. I agree that there are some stages that most people won't like, like 75m, but I greatly appreciate the pool of stages we have now as they've enhanced my replay value of the game. It helps that they are arranged based on order of appearance and since I've been with Smash from the beginning, I can spot most of them quickly. Also, I disliked Hanenbow in Brawl, but the hazardless version grew on me.

While you can argue that new characters and stages suffered as a result of the effort of bringing everybody back, the bright side is that DLC is entirely comprised of new content. With that added to the mix, we actually get a healthy dose of new stuff alongside old favorites.

It's ok to want something new but truth of the matter is that if a beloved veteran is cut, people will demand them back no matter what. Like me desperately wanting them to bring back Orbital Assault Gate.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's ok to want something new but truth of the matter is that if a beloved veteran is cut, people will demand them back no matter what.
Everyone knows this, but cutting characters is just a fact of life for fighting games. The more you carry over, inevitably the more work you have to start off doing as a baseline. You can't just increase the roster every single game and make fewer and fewer content and more clones to compensate.

For example, USF4 had a ginormous amount of characters, and SFV decidedly less so, building on that roster as time went on. How many people would cut newcomers from SFV like G, Necalli, Kage, Rashid, Menat, or Zeku to bring back Rufus or Hakan or Dee Jay or Honda or El Fuerte or Abel back? Not many I would imagine, and for those that do want those characters, the previous version would always exist.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sheik should’ve been a stand-in for Vega; both the Spirit Battle and that one battle in Ryu’s Classic Mode. There’s too many similarities:

-Conceal their faces
-Agile fighters
-Blonde hair with a long tail
-Deadly combat style

But nah, let’s have Meta Knight be the stand-in for Classic Mode just because they both wear a mask and carry a sharp object around.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Everyone knows this, but cutting characters is just a fact of life for fighting games. The more you carry over, inevitably the more work you have to start off doing as a baseline. You can't just increase the roster every single game and make fewer and fewer content and more clones to compensate.

For example, USF4 had a ginormous amount of characters, and SFV decidedly less so, building on that roster as time went on. How many people would cut newcomers from SFV like G, Necalli, Kage, Rashid, Menat, or Zeku to bring back Rufus or Hakan or Dee Jay or Honda or El Fuerte or Abel back? Not many I would imagine, and for those that do want those characters, the previous version would always exist.
A fact that I'm already aware of, but thank you for bringing it to my attention anyways. Cuts are inevitable in most fighting games for sure, but the thing is that if you cut a beloved character, for a lot of people that is going to sting 2x times as much as the good feel of gaining a new one. Especially when it's for a completely new character which may makes it harder for people to care about.

Smash is also not like most fighting games such as Street Fighter, as part of appeal of the series is the characters themselves. I agree that most people probably wouldn't campaign to bring back the likes of Rufus or Abel, but you can bet your ass that most people would campaign to bring back Mewtwo, Wolf or Snake. Not that we have to imagine that because it has already happened. I personally care less about cut characters in other fighting games, but I have a stronger attachment to them in Smash. And I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment. This is something that they understood when they decided to bring everybody back.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's ok to want something new but truth of the matter is that if a beloved veteran is cut, people will demand them back no matter what. Like me desperately wanting them to bring back Orbital Assault Gate.
I treat Smash like treat any video game. When there is a new title to the series I expect new things and don't mind if old things are gone.

Imagine if someone played Super Mario World, the next main Mario platformer after Mario 3 and said:

"Where's the Frog Suit power up?! Why isn't it in this game? Where's the Desert World? I miss the Angry Sun!"

No one said those things. They were happy that they were playing a new Mario game with new levels, power ups, mechanics, and more. Now maybe that is a poor comparison but the truth is that is how I feel about all video games. It's a brand new game and I look forward to new things and I don't worry about old stuff.

Smash is the only video game series where I see people go crazy if something from the old games is not present. I wonder why that is?

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
I feel like another character for the franchise at this point would be bottom of the barrel. I know that OP said this isn't a debate thread but I'd be happy if somebody could sway me.
Well I honestly don't think there are many more characters to add anyway, well except the one everyone's been requesting. Even toad is in Peach/Daisy's moveset

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Smash is the only video game series where I see people go crazy if something from the old games is not present. I wonder why that is?
Because of the attachment people feel to the characters.

And I agree that wasn't a very good comparison. In platformers like Mario, the point is to traverse stages and Mario serves as your avatar to do so. The appeal lies more in the world you are playing in rather than the character you are playing as.

In a game like Smash, you fight as various video game mascots, each with their own abilities, in player vs player matches which warrants more replay value than most platfomers. Having good fighting mechanics, a variety characters with different playstyles to choose from and different scenarios is what gets people to constantly come back to the game. We crave innovation but we also want a sense of familiarity, so if you take out a portion of the cast or shift up the gameplay too much (example: from 2.5 D platformer to a 3D arena fighter) you alienate most people.

I guess that difference between you and me is that I don't treat Smash like any other video game.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
3rd party characters shouldn't even be considered "3rd party" at this point, smash bros has ascended from a celebration of Nintendo to a celebration of videogames in general. That being said I hear that from a few buddies I play with but here's where my opinion gets "unpopular" *deep breath*

Comicbook characters are finally getting the success they deserve in the videogame medium and I think they should get a Smash rep. like yesterday because this is probably the last Smash game and this is one of the best ways to recognize the decades spent for that one gamer that nobody acknowledged who dreamed of a good Batman or Spiderman game and finally got it.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
3rd party characters shouldn't even be considered "3rd party" at this point, smash bros has ascended from a celebration of Nintendo to a celebration of videogames in general. That being said I hear that from a few buddies I play with but here's where my opinion gets "unpopular" *deep breath*
Sure, but they're still from other companies not owned by Nintendo: thus, "3rd Party."

It doesn't speak to their quality or whatever, it's just a matter of fact.

Because of the attachment people feel to the characters.

And I agree that wasn't a very good comparison. In platformers like Mario, the point is to traverse stages and Mario serves as your avatar to do so. The appeal lies more in the world you are playing in rather than the character you are playing as.

In a game like Smash, you fight as various video game mascots, each with their own abilities, in player vs player matches which warrants more replay value than most platfomers. Having good fighting mechanics, a variety characters with different playstyles to choose from and different scenarios is what gets people to constantly come back to the game. We crave innovation but we also want a sense of familiarity, so if you take out a portion of the cast or shift up the gameplay too much (example: from 2.5 D platformer to a 3D arena fighter) you alienate most people.

I guess that difference between you and me is that I don't treat Smash like any other video game.
You're assuming that they're going to take away some hugely important mascot character by trimming down the roster to let more resources to be diverted to creating and choosing more unique newcomers.

Fact is, there are fans of every character, for every fighting game, and yet despite that there will always be less popular characters. If those characters were cut in favor of more new and exciting characters then I'd certainly take that option. That sense of familiarity will still be kept with the majority of characters returning.

And no, character fanbases are not specific to Smash. This applies to every fighting game.

But no sure, let's just make a new smash game with less new content and just recycles the old while adding barely anything new.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

Comicbook characters are finally getting the success they deserve in the videogame medium and I think they should get a Smash rep. like yesterday because this is probably the last Smash game and this is one of the best ways to recognize the decades spent for that one gamer that nobody acknowledged who dreamed of a good Batman or Spiderman game and finally got it.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk
They're classified as 3rd party for legal reasons, Nintendo publishes the game and doesn't have rights to characters they don't own. While Nintendo and Sakurai are much more open to 3rd parties in Smash, it doesn't change the fact that they are 3rd parties.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Imagine if someone played Super Mario World, the next main Mario platformer after Mario 3 and said:

"Where's the Frog Suit power up?! Why isn't it in this game? Where's the Desert World? I miss the Angry Sun!"
I know many people who were disappointed with the loss of the many powerups and inventory system between SMB3 and World.

I get what you're saying, but it's important to understand your audience and what they consider worth bringing back, is all. Since the focus of this particular Smash game went back towards competitive a little bit--or rather I should say, made a conscious attempt to bring the competitive players back into the latest game in addition to its basically guaranteed-no-matter-what casual audience, I think there was extra priority given to bringing past characters back. It would have been a slightly harder sell to dethrone Melee without some returns, and I think they wanted to pull out all the stops.

Young Link and Pichu have gone over particularly well as returning characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Were you around for SFV and MvC:I?

People were going nuts about veterans not returning. They desperately wanted them.

In SFV, the fanbase went nuts when they were confirmed.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think, for me, is that my love and appreciation for the characters in Smash go deeper in their own series. I love Wario. But I love him more in the WarioWare and Wario Land games. Smash to me is an amazingly fun game that crosses over some of the most amazing characters in gaming history. But those characters still exist outside of Smash, and that is where they shine. I think it's incredible seeing all these guys interact with one another but I don't think Smash is the be all end all for them. I am ecstatic K. Rool is in Smash but to be honest, if they cut K. Rool in the next Smash but he made his grand return for the next Donkey Kong game, I'd be happy.

I guess this is another unpopular opinion. But Smash, to me, is just an awesome crossover game. I know that it has become more than that. It has attained a legendary status that elevates characters and franchises like: "if you're in Smash you're important now". But in a way I wish it wasn't. I kind of wish Smash wasn't treated like a god among games that every video game character strives to be a part of. The whole thing has become tiring. The debates, the fans crying and screaming, the outrage, the campaigns. I'm so tired... Its just a game.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well here's an unpopular opinion. I'm not sure if it has been said already (it probably has) but I think there is just too much content in this game. Am I crazy? Maybe. But I feel like when you have so many stages at your disposal that you sometimes forget which ones are there and you stop appreciating them. The same goes for characters. The CSS is just filled to the brim and sometimes I forget "Oh yeah Duck Hunt is in here." These characters start to become less special because their faces are lost in the crowd. The more you have the less likely it is someone will try out a character and give them a shot.

So yeah. I really think less is more. Sakurai and his team could have focused more on making a somewhat smaller roster and making those fighters even better instead of trying to cram everyone in there. Yup this is an unpopular opinion for sure. But I'd be happier with a roster of 65 fighters and 70 stages. That's plenty, honestly.
The problem with this ideology is that I don't think less is more when it comes to Smash. The amount of love, time, and care put into everything Smash related and make most of them so unique that it's all quality content to a person like me and a great many people on this forum I think. Less doesn't really become more for Smash, it's just less. I feel like they did tons of tweaks and updates to character while bringing everyone back and while also bringing in new fighters and content. Just because some characters are less likely to be tried out by some people doesn't mean you should cut characters either, they still add variety and content to the game. Hell, the roster's generally well balanced (Little Mac aside) and I just don't actively see how the game really seems to have suffered from the decisions they made except with regards to maybe a couple of modes.

There's also the issue that I think a few people are very desperate to see certain characters cut because they don't align with their personal ideologies of what should or shouldn't be in Smash, and a lot of them jump on to this ideology since it's seemingly the perfect opportunity to do so.

Well in regards to stages I feel as if a lot of them are either redundant or something barely anyone likes. Do we need both Smashville and Town and City? And very few people really like Hanenbow. But in regards to having fewer returning stages I think it would have allowed the development team to make more brand new stages. We only had three new stages in the base game because they spent most of their time recreating and refining old stages. And honestly I'd rather have a few more brand new stages instead of them trying to bring back as many old ones as they can.

As for characters, Sakurai himself said that because the focus would be "Everyone is Here" that there would be less newcomers as a result. I'm always in the camp of prioritizing the new over the old. It's nice to see a few old faces return but honestly it's not on the top of my list of things I'd want to see in a new Smash Bros. New characters and new stages are.
There's quite a few more Hannenbow fans out there than you think my friend, myself included haha.

The big thing with "Everyone is Here" is that it allows all of the DLC to be newcomers. It lets all future content be new content and we don't end up in a DLC cycle where we're just seeing characters return. I think that's part of the decision making behind Ultimate. It makes for an ideal platform to only add new stuff, which may prove beneficial given the game's early appearance in the Switch's life cycle. Furthermore, "Everyone is Here" also proved something else: It was a smart business decision. The game sold 12 million goddamn copies in the first month of sales and the game had a hype campaign I've never even really seen the likes of before. It actually worked super well from a business standpoint. You may value newer content more, but consumers spoke a LOT to how much they collectively value that older content and the idea of including it all/most of it in one release.

If it makes you feel any better, future iterations will have to focus on new content one way or another. Either a reboot that redoes many thing or an Ultimate 2 that just uses Ultimate as a base and allows for much more new content. This was clearly Sakurai's attempt at a true and definitive Smash that encompassed all of his work.

Street Fighter V was the epitome of greed and rushed development on Capcom's part and continues to be a fairly miserable profit driven product for it. 16 characters at launch for a fighter is ****ing embarrassing and unreasonable, and while stuff like this might be more standard these days, it's still disgusting. Street Fighter V should never be a comparison anyone uses, period. It may be a general fact of life for fighting games, but Smash isn't just another fighting game and a decent portion of the fighting game community hates hearing it be called one lol.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The worlds they come from are extremely magical and brilliantly crafted on a whole other level, you want to visit them. The characters are fun to where you can feel it, you basically lived in the same neighborhood as them, etc. Nintendo is one of the only companies that legitimately mastered clever imagination.

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
Final Smashes need to go. A vast majority of them are really lame, or just bad. I feel like development time woud be spent else where.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Final Smashes need to go. A vast majority of them are really lame, or just bad. I feel like development time woud be spent else where.
I question if that's unpopular.

I maybe wouldn't mind them if there was some sort of counterplay as with Mac's KO punch and Cloud's limit break, but as of now the metered versions can't be knocked out and they can't be waited out... and they're way too flashy and long-lasting to not interrupt the flow of the game. If they were made much less showstopping and given counterplay, then maybe...

but more realistically yeah they could just go.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I don't like that Final Smashes became less unique after Smash 3DS / Wii U. Ditching the Final Smash movesets to make Final Smashes as a whole more viable for competitive play is pretty much a wasted effort when you realize that Final Smashes were never meant to be used competitively; they're either too good, or too atrocious, and balancing them is just not possible.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I question if that's unpopular.

I maybe wouldn't mind them if there was some sort of counterplay as with Mac's KO punch and Cloud's limit break, but as of now the metered versions can't be knocked out and they can't be waited out... and they're way too flashy and long-lasting to not interrupt the flow of the game. If they were made much less showstopping and given counterplay, then maybe...

but more realistically yeah they could just go.
Final Smashes were never meant for competitive play. They are a one time use massive attack that can net easy kills or deal a massive amount damage. Don't know why some people take it too seriously and worry too much about not having proper counter-play when the idea for a lot of them is just to be a move that can overwhelm opponents with little opposition. And they don't even take that much time to execute, so you are exaggerating their duration. They are mostly better off in free for all matches than 1vs1 battles. And more importantly, you can turn them off, so I don't know why we have to come to the extreme of removing them.

Other areas of the game aren't going to magically improve for just removing Final Smashes. Resources are managed during game development and they work on different things at different times. Final Smashes are also a part of the game's personality and the characters' lore and background, so you would removing a key element from them.
If you don't like playing as them, that's fine. That's why options exist. Ever heard of the item switch and the FS meter toggle?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Personally, I don't like that Final Smashes became less unique after Smash 3DS / Wii U. Ditching the Final Smash movesets to make Final Smashes as a whole more viable for competitive play is pretty much a wasted effort when you realize that Final Smashes were never meant to be used competitively; they're either too good, or too atrocious, and balancing them is just not possible.
Only about three were actual movesets, and most were just powered up versions of the original movesets.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Only about three were actual movesets, and most were just powered up versions of the original movesets.
Four of them actually. But you also have Final Smashes like Super Dragon, Landmaster, and Octopus, where they were all fully controllable. However, as of Ultimate, two of them were replaced by Blue Falcon copycats, while the other has become uncontrollable.

In regards to Charizard, if it was still a standalone fighter, then Mega Charizard X could've still been its Final Smash.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Final Smashes are really useful in Spirit Mode. People sometimes forget there are other modes in Smash. That being said. It wouldn't hurt to balance the non-competitive aspects of Ultimate.

A lot of people think that if something is non-competetive in Smash it needs no balancing. Back in Melee items and hazardous stages were fun to use because they were crazy... but not too crazy. It's like Mario Kart or Mario Party, it's random and zany but no one enjoys the Blue Shell in Mario Kart. That takes it too far and it becomes annoying.

I guess that's what I mean by balancing the non-competitive parts of Smash. Make sure they are fun and crazy but not so much that it gets annoying.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Final Smashes are really useful in Spirit Mode. People sometimes forget there are other modes in Smash. That being said. It wouldn't hurt to balance the non-competitive aspects of Ultimate.

A lot of people think that if something is non-competetive in Smash it needs no balancing. Back in Melee items and hazardous stages were fun to use because they were crazy... but not too crazy. It's like Mario Kart or Mario Party, it's random and zany but no one enjoys the Blue Shell in Mario Kart. That takes it too far and it becomes annoying.

I guess that's what I mean by balancing the non-competitive parts of Smash. Make sure they are fun and crazy but not so much that it gets annoying.
I can see this to a point with the same mechanic like final smashes, but not with items since you’re given full control over all of them haha. Annoying can be great when you actively choose it to break up traditional play.

Though, back to Final Smashes, I honestly never thought any of the controllable ones felt like that much fun to use. They felt so stiff and inconsistent when in that form. Especially the flight ones like Charizard, Yoshi, Diddy King, and Sonic. Land masters were all garbage. Wario and Little Mac felt kind of underwhelming. Donkey Kong’s was actually useless.

The only ones I remember liking at all were Game and Watch’s Octopus because it being dumb and hard to control for him, and Pac-Man because it was specifically easy to control and fit Pac-Man very well.

We may have lost variety, but in under the opinion most changed for the better haha.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was told that grabs were nerfed in Ultimate, and yet after reading the frame data, some fighters can still grab as early as frame 6. It also seems to be a hypocritical statement when you realize that Bowser's Flying Slam can grab on frame 6 now; in Smash 3DS / Wii U, it grabbed on frame 8 when used on the ground.

Apparently, it's only really the dash grabs and turn grabs that got the start-up increase.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was told that grabs were nerfed in Ultimate, and yet after reading the frame data, some fighters can still grab as early as frame 6. It also seems to be a hypocritical statement when you realize that Bowser's Flying Slam can grab on frame 6 now; in Smash 3DS / Wii U, it grabbed on frame 8 when used on the ground.

Apparently, it's only really the dash grabs and turn grabs that got the start-up increase.
No they were definitely nerfed far beyond.

While startup may remain the same for several grabs, they are far more punishable and shorter range making them much much riskier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No they were definitely nerfed far beyond.

While startup may remain the same for several grabs, they are far more punishable and shorter range making them much much riskier.
I see, so even though shield-grabbing (a tactic that the CPU has been known to do) is still a thing to watch out for, your grab pretty much has to connect to avoid any punishments.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I see, so even though shield-grabbing (a tactic that the CPU has been known to do) is still a thing to watch out for, your grab pretty much has to connect to avoid any punishments.
Right. There's a reason competitive play has much less shield-grabbing and more jumping out of shield aerials.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Which makes sense, given one of Sm4sh's main problems was that some characters, such as ZSS, Mario, Diddy Kong etc. had flowchart-like gameplay from grabs.

It was so grab-heavy that very few characters without a grab game were even considered good at all.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hot takes about Joker seem to be common here these days, but whatever, here's another one. Joker is the worst third-party addition in the game. While I'm sure he's fun to play and all, whenever I fight against him online, his moves strongly remind me of other characters, which doesn't really make his moveset seem that interesting to me. Beyond that, now that both these Persona 5R and 5S projects have been confirmed to not be the main game coming to Switch, I really fail to see how I, as someone who only ever owns Nintendo consoles, am supposed to have any interest in him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Beyond that, now that both these Persona 5R and 5S projects have been confirmed to not be the main game coming to Switch, I really fail to see how I, as someone who only ever owns Nintendo consoles, am supposed to have any interest in him.
You aren't. Not every character has to interest everyone.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You aren't. Not every character has to interest everyone.
I mean, I get that. But Joker Frompersonafive not only has to sell his own DLC pack, but also the Fighter's Pass as a whole. And at least as far as I'm concerned, he's doing a pretty terrible job at it.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I mean, I get that. But Joker Frompersonafive not only has to sell his own DLC pack, but also the Fighter's Pass as a whole. And at least as far as I'm concerned, he's doing a pretty terrible job at it.
Persona fans exist. You're just not one of them. Shouldn't be too hard to understand.

I also know nothing about Persona, but that doesn't mean it's not a very popular series with many people who are very happy to see it repped in Smash Bros.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Some people may actually have an interest in Persona after that fact/because of Smash. People who didn't know Pit before Brawl (you damn yungins) or myself with Marth and Roy in Melee...now I'm a avid Fire Emblem fan. I'm sure some Smash fans out there are now planning on playing Persona because of his inclusion.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Some people may actually have an interest in Persona after that fact/because of Smash. People who didn't know Pit before Brawl (you damn yungins) or myself with Marth and Roy in Melee...now I'm a avid Fire Emblem fan. I'm sure some Smash fans out there are now planning on playing Persona because of his inclusion.
Well in my case I am planning on playing Persona 5. I'm ready to give my money to Atlus if they port P5.

Also, I don't know if this is unpopular, but while I find some Japanese voices really lame and too "anime-cliché", I really like the voice of Roy in Japanese. It's more fitting to the character who is 15 years old.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Yet with the reception from his reveal at the VGAs and the fact the E-shop went down and the system update was massively backloaded when he was made available (something that IIRC never happened with Smash 4's DLC characters), it's quite apparent that he's sold himself and the Fighter's Pass just fine.

The world doesn't revolve around your interests; Joker sold himself the moment he was revealed.
Hell, I know someone who was iffy on Ultimate but got it after Joker was announced. And a $60 purchase is 10 times the revenue of a $6 one.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Welp, stinks you feel that way.

Little Mac's design is actually really good and unique.
I don't think it's hard for him to be buff to high tier and keep his design in-tact while still being fun to play as or against. (Like giving him a not-pathetic grab game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom