• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

* The "nobody cares about this character" relevance argument is stupid and just personal bias, just because you don't care about a character doesn't mean no one else does
* I have no idea why Palutena and Shulk are in the game, nobody cares about them
You just contradicted yourself.

D

Deleted member

• I wouldn't mind if Young Link returned with a Fierce Deity Final Smash or if Fierce Deity Link were a separate character entirely.
  • I would enjoy the inclusion of Beck solely because my Mega Man vs. Mighty No. 9 dream match would become a reality. I highly doubt it'll happen, though.
  • I don't see how the Blue Bomber being a part of the Smash 4 roster guarantees that Nintendo would treat the Mega Man franchise better than Capcom has in the past 4 years. By that logic, F-Zero would've had another game by now because Captain Falcon is a series mainstay.
  • I don't mind when people use "I'm really feeling it!" to express their excitement or satisfaction, but I'm tired of people replacing "feel" with other verbs that rhyme (deal, meal, reel, steal, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
I LIKE DIDDY KONG.
Seriously, i always liked Diddy Kong as a character to begin with, he was cool in DKC2 and Donkey Kong 64, his design is pretty simple yet fun, he can be a bit irritating but not that much.
In such a safe option x defensive game as Smash 4, Diddy as a top tier is kind of a blessing to me. With his bananas & grab game disturbing what would have been even more annoying game to watch.
The fact " everyone " uses it is due to the game being early, it works like that for almost every VS game, don't complain and let the game evolve instead, i'm sure you'll notice your mistake here.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
>:4fox:is overrated, he's middle-class at best
>People over-exaggerated how bad the :4greninja:nerfs were, I think he's still just as good as he was before them
>I don't want :popo:to return if they aren't tweaked, they've been incredibly strong in the past 2 games

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The 3DS is more comfortable to use as a controller than everything but the GameCube controller and maybe the Pro. It's really not that bad, aside from the important lack of a second stick.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
I don't think Diddy Kong is broken

Meta Knight is not booty butt-cheeks, I honestly don't see him being anything less than high mid-tier

I actually really enjoyed Subspace Emissary. I thought it was really cool how they could tell a story with no dialogue, the character interactions in the cut scenes was something I really enjoyed, and it was fun to play with my brother.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I don't dislike Sakurai for any Smash-related decisions he made. Sure, I'd prefer if he did certain things, but I respect his choices.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I don't understand those guys that just post something like "my mains" and it's like 20 characters. Lol

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Sakurai should step down.

For health reasons. Carpal Tunnel, Tendontis, working for morning to late nights every single day too. He needs a good, long, permanent break. He's getting to near Kojima levels of hating making the game. It'd be better for him, and potentially the series if he stepped down and took a break. No selfishness involved here. Just rest.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd rather just not have Lucina, Doc, or Dark Pit.

The roster doesn't need padding at this point. They were fine as alts.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
I actually really enjoyed Subspace Emissary. I thought it was really cool how they could tell a story with no dialogue, the character interactions in the cut scenes was something I really enjoyed, and it was fun to play with my brother.
I thought everyone loved Subspace and were disappointed something similar didn't return, lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I LIKE DIDDY KONG.
Seriously, i always liked Diddy Kong as a character to begin with, he was cool in DKC2 and Donkey Kong 64, his design is pretty simple yet fun, he can be a bit irritating but not that much.
In such a safe option x defensive game as Smash 4, Diddy as a top tier is kind of a blessing to me. With his bananas & grab game disturbing what would have been even more annoying game to watch.
The fact " everyone " uses it is due to the game being early, it works like that for almost every VS game, don't complain and let the game evolve instead, i'm sure you'll notice your mistake here.
I was about to post this, but you posting this instead fills my heart with <3

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I'd rather just not have Lucina, Doc, or Dark Pit.

The roster doesn't need padding at this point. They were fine as alts.
This is like, the game's most popular opinion outside of Ridley.

Anyway, I think clones are fine, but it honestly depends on who the clone is. Hence I'm fine with Doc(Makes sense, even a new moveset for him would likely share a few moves), would be fine with something like Pichu, wis ambivalent with Dark Pit(I've made numerous movesets for him that share moves with nobody, but he's a canonical clone, so yeah), and absolutely hate Lucina the way she is in this game(Seriously? I know she looks like girl Marth, but still... You didn't need to make her girl Marth, then make her worse in every way outside of usmash. That's almost sexist.), and would hate is Bowser Jr had ended up a clone(Good job putting that Clown Car to use).

Also I think Kirby is more of a Fox clone than Wolf(Shares 9 moves, not 1.5). Therefore Wolf didn't deserve to be cut, because Star Fox needed a 3rd rep, and to be honest, Wolf was more qualified than Krystal.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I thought everyone loved Subspace and were disappointed something similar didn't return, lol
I don't. Subspace is ambitious, but falls on having many too similar levels that aren't fun to play a second time. Smash 4 gave us character interactions within reveal trailers, and though there's not much of it, I'd rather have that instead of a single-player game that is way too long for its own good, where there is little to make you care about what's going on (the setting especially and the conceit that these characters are 'just here')

Honestly, I'd rather the rework Event Mode with a themed map selection screen, and put some work to group franchise-themed events together. Possibly put smaller cutscenes before and after events.

fabz97

Smash Cadet
I dont like how you can use a counter all the time, i know it can be punished but still, it should have an effect eg- 4 times after connecting it doesnt work for a while or whatever

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I would be happy if Fire Emblem had never been represented in smash at all and not become the "gem series" everyone acts it is. If it had gotten mother 3 treatment, i wouldnt care at all. Thats just me, because i get real sick of its praise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is basicallt what I think: People thought it was so bad, Sakurai had to defend himself in an articled interview.
I think that was simply more about why they were largely direct clones, which was seen as a step back from Brawl, not because of the characters themselves.

I would be happy if Fire Emblem had never been represented in smash at all and not become the "gem series" everyone acts it is. If it had gotten mother 3 treatment, i wouldnt care at all. Thats just me, because i get real sick of its praise.
You want a whole series to get the same treatment as a single game? Which still got a character?

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
You want a whole series to get the same treatment as a single game? Which still got a character?
Nonono, i mean the same treatment in terms of localization AND smash. Like, one rep eventually and cut it off. Sorry if i was vague.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Nonono, i mean the same treatment in terms of localization AND smash. Like, one rep eventually and cut it off. Sorry if i was vague.
No, because Fire Emblem is still not finalized in terms of story. They haven't connected all the pieces and brought an end. The story goes over the millenia, so they could make as many games as they like.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
No, because Fire Emblem is still not finalized in terms of story. They haven't connected all the pieces and brought an end. The story goes over the millenia, so they could make as many games as they like.
Again, you misunderstand. I'd prefer if the series had stayed in Japan, like mother 3. Before your going to immediately discredit my OPINION, make sure you actually understand what im saying.

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
MOAR FIRE EMBLEM!!!
:happysheep::4robinm::happysheep::4robinf::happysheep::4lucina::happysheep::4marth::happysheep::roypm::happysheep::4myfriends::happysheep:
God pls no.
Speaking of which, you know what makes me hate a character more than its gameplay? The fanbase
No offense, but the FE fanbase is so awful, i'm sick of them, same goes for TloZ and Sonic, to an extent maybe Mega Man.
And really, FE in itself can just have Marth + Robin, the character are so generic & boring. ( Wow swordmans, original )

Also, i think more 8 bit characters should be included in Smashbros.
Each one of these brings something new, refreshing, and interesting.
Ice Climbers, Game&Watch, ROB & Duck Hunt are all interesting.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Oh god, not this whole timeline bs again
I'm not starting anything. What I mean is with the way the game is made in term of story, It never needs to end, unless they force it to.

Again, you misunderstand. I'd prefer if the series had stayed in Japan, like mother 3. Before your going to immediately discredit my OPINION, make sure you actually understand what im saying.
Then make it more clear what you're saying. At one point you said: "one rep, then cut it off. I'm saying I disagree with that, and say why. Mainly because the series isn't abandonned(F-zero) or over(Earthbound).

Also I like FE being not in Japan. If it had stayed there, Lucina and Robin would definetely not be in, and Ike may have possibly been cut, leaving us with one rep, something I don't want because Marth is literally the only FE character I don't like using.

Unpopular opinions, right? This is the thread for them.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Hence it being my unpopular opinion
Yeha, I made an edit for that before you evn posted this. Of course your post happens to come out seconds before I finish editing and I look like some idiot trying to be right.

My unpopular opinion will be restated: I don't like using Marth. And I think he should stay speaking Japanese.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Smash fanbase is pretty awful. The Pokemon fanbase isn't great. The Star Fox fanbase can get questionable at times. A lot of Nintendo's fanbase itself is entirely too sycophantic, though that's nothing exclusive to just Nintendo's fanbase.

However I don't think the other individual fanbases are that bad.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Can you name any fan base that isn't awful? I would very much like to know.
Super Smash Br-
*Sees Melee vs Sm4sh wars*
*Sees melee vs Pm wars*
*Sees Pm vs Brawl wars*
* Sees all other fanbase combinations bar 64 wars*
*Sees Ridley wars*

Well, at least compared to other fanbases, we only argue among ourselves. So again, Super Smash br-
*Sees Ridley hater logic*

Never mind. My unpopular opinion: Super Smash Brothers community has got to be the worst one ever, and based by how we act, we don't deserve Sakurai even trying to give us the game we want.

LucasBlitz

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasBlitz
3DS FC
4141-3310-4813
I sort of wish the custom moves were a bit more creative instead of "CHECK OUT THE EXACT SAME MOVE BUT HEAVIER/LIGHTER LOL!!1!". Wouldve been cool to swap Marios fludd with tornado or something but they just stuck to tweaking one move to be either heavier or lighter. Kind of a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom