• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

-However, I do wish for tons, and tons, of DLC for the future. Additional stages, characters, or even just character visual overrides (ie alternate outfits) would be really cool.
Whoops, I seem to have entered the popular opinions thread by mistake.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Hoo Hah is fine. There are ven better kill setups:
Pac-Man Uthrow-Power Pac Jump(can this actually work?).
Mii Brawler Dthrow-Fair-Helicoptr Kick
Jigglypuff Uthrow-DIchase-Leaping Rest.

I also think we shouldn't be complaining about getting Melee combos(The above). Isn't this what we wanted?

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I loved the music in Brawl, but I wish they didn't recycle so much of it in smash 4. There were many times I got disappointed from unlocking a track from Brawl in Smash 4.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Not sure if it's been said here before, but I feel like Smash 4 revealed all the cool stuff way too early. And I'm talking official announcements, not leaks. Almost all the surprising newcomers were revealed well before the game came out and it was super underwhelming when it turned out there was nothing we didn't already know when it released.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Not sure if it's been said here before, but I feel like Smash 4 revealed all the cool stuff way too early. And I'm talking official announcements, not leaks. Almost all the surprising newcomers were revealed well before the game came out and it was super underwhelming when it turned out there was nothing we didn't already know when it released.
That's just the power of the Internet nowadays. Nothing's a surprise anymore. If they didn't show it, someone else was bound to anyways.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I think that Dark Pit/Dr. Mario are better characters then Pit/Mario respectively.
I think that Robin is a bad character and should not have been included.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
THE perfect single player would be

Brawl
  • Classic
  • All Star
  • SSE
Melee

• Target Test
  • Race to the Finish
  • Home Run contest
  • Multi-man

• Board the Platforms

Smash 4

• Orders
  • Events

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So many of these aren't even unpopular. Can we rename this to the "Opinions Thread" yet?

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
That's just the power of the Internet nowadays. Nothing's a surprise anymore. If they didn't show it, someone else was bound to anyways.
True, true. They managed to keep a few things secret back in the Brawl pre-release days, but the 'net wasn't quite as powerful then, and even then there were "real" leaks. Still, I didn't know about Wolf and some of the new stages for a while after the game came out.

Unrelated but I love your icon and sig, Anna is easily one of my favorite characters in any game.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I enjoy playing on the Orbital Gate Assault stage. That's unpopular, right?

Last edited:

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
- I love equipment.
- I think this game has better single player than any other game in the series.
- Trophies are an important feature.
- Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Star Fox already have enough characters. Kirby needs (Bandanna) Waddle Dee! .<.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I feel that maybe we would have been better off without DLC. Sure, getting Mewtwo is nice and all, but we've gone back to being whiny children much like the "good old days". With unrealistic expectations, and the "my character is better than your character" arguments. All for something we don't even know if we'll get more of. And in the end, what's the fun in that?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I think the fun is everyone wins (except for dechromfirmed characters)

A speculation community of peace.
Imagine.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This will sound really stupid, but this game needs more non human/anime characters.

I don't dislike the human/anime characters, but a lot of the newcomers of this game are like that and when I think about Nintendo, I think about weird and awesome creatures, not a bunch of anime people with magic or swords.

I hope DLC is the solution for this, with characters like Bandana Dee, K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Sceptile, Chorus Kids, Krystal, Magolor, Ridley, etc.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
This will sound really stupid, but this game needs more non human/anime characters.

I don't dislike the human/anime characters, but a lot of the newcomers of this game are like that and when I think about Nintendo, I think about weird and awesome creatures, not a bunch of anime people with magic or swords.

I hope DLC is the solution for this, with characters like Bandana Dee, K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Sceptile, Chorus Kids, Krystal, Magolor, Ridley, etc.
There isn't a single anime character in the game.

Anyways, Hoo Hah is fine and Diddys needs miniscule, if any nerfs. Rathwe, most if the cast needs buffing.

Last edited:

misterbreadcrum

Smash Cadet
NNID
Misterbreadcrum
There isn't a single anime character in the game.

Anyways, Hoo Hah is fine and Diddys needs miniscule, if any nerfs. Rathwe, most if the cast needs buffing.

He has arguably the best frame-data in the game and a pretty uniquely overpowered kill move. While nerfs should always be miniscule, I would argue that Diddy needs one the most. But I agree that the cast needs buffs in general. I think that the way they improved Ness, Sheik, Yoshi, Link etc. is proof that they know what their doing, but their refusal to give anything but heavy nerfs to characters like Samus, Olimar, D3, Marth etc. is really painfully frustrating and furthers my belief that Sakurai didn't actually want to support the competitive scene at all.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Unpopular Opinion: Custom moves are largely rubbish and won't take the game anywhere worthwhile. The only reason they seem to have such an impact on the meta is because very few players are prepared for any of them and nobody can do anything about the broken ones.

Last edited:

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
I honestly feel like the 3ds version shouldn't exist. I seriously blame it for so much of the game feeling half-assed because they basically had to make the game twice.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I honestly feel like the 3ds version shouldn't exist. I seriously blame it for so much of the game feeling half-***** because they basically had to make the game twice.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that; the 3DS game is much better for people who both already have a 3DS or a variant thereof and are on a tight budget. Sure, the Wii U version is better, but it's also 60 dollars on top of buying a 200 dollar console; adding in the Amiibo prices and the Gamecube Adapter prices, that makes the WiiU game the most expensive Smash game to date; the 3DS game is a budget title for those who can't afford to get a WiiU just for Smash.

But I have to say, I think the 3DS difficulty thing may have been Sakurai's excuse for cutting the Ice Climbers so he could push other franchises; the 3DS is slightly more powerful than a Gamecube, and Melee was pretty good about having 4 Ice Climbers fighting at the same time, so I don't see how they were causing issues unless Sakurai was totally reworking them.

For actual "unpopular opinions"; I think that Ridley could have easily replaced Dark Pit as a character and we'd have a better reaction to it. :p

LucasBlitz

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasBlitz
3DS FC
4141-3310-4813
I honestly feel Sakurai hates us as a smash community. While other developers woyld at least listen to their communites Sakurai just sticks his fingers to his ear and loudly yells "LALALALA SMASH IS A PARTY GAME AND NOTHING ELSE" while always taking a stab at the smash community by laughing off community ideas (ridley) leaking a wanted character then ****ting us in the end (Chrom/Robin) making odd food analogies on how were ungrateful people in a restaraunt then just brushing us off cause we're "the vocal minority". Like come on dude, sure the smash community has some "fans" that cuddle and bash other games comaplining "Hurr durr our game takes more sk1ll n ur gaem suks" but just ignore them and listen to us. We're not trying to boss you around these are just opinions we give to Sakurai when producing somethinjust as a grain of salt, an idea or anything.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been said already but I find it a bit rich that Sakurai has said he doesn't want to over rep his franchises (Kirby) in the past smash games, so why does Kid Icarus get special treatment over so many other series what makes that series so special, some of the Kid Icarus stuff could have went to some other underrepped seres like F Zero or Earthbound/Mother or even Kirby

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
I think Ike is the most uneeded character of Super Smash Bros. He's not good at all, he's followed by else FE fanboys, or memes lovers, which doesn't really help, and he's very boring to begin with: Heavy char with a sword, yee great idc

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
* I never got everyone's love for Melee's adventure mode
* Super Mario Bros. is not overrepresented
* The "nobody cares about this character" relevance argument is stupid and just personal bias, just because you don't care about a character doesn't mean no one else does
* I have no idea why Palutena and Shulk are in the game, nobody cares about them
* Medusa is better

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
In fairness, quite a few newcomers were announced in Brawl's first E3 trailer.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
After hearing what they did to the DK Rap and Engage the Enemy, I'm glad they didn't include this gem to be butchered by editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom