• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
1: I don't care if Ridley is in or not. However I do wish his detractors should elaborate on why he should not get in beyond saying he's too big.

2: I want Waluigi, Snake, and PAC Man to be playable just to see how the Internet reacts.

3: Toad never had a chance.

4; Sheik is returning.

5: I don't care if fire emblem gets a new character.

6: Clones are welcome.

7: K Rool still has a chance.

8: No cuts

9: I dont think smash (or PSABR) are fighting games.

10: Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Doppelgangofhomies

Smash Rookie
The following characters would be terrible, horrible additions

Ridley (or anyone else from the Metroid department)
Geno
Waluigi
Toad
Mii's
Waddle Dee
King K Rool
Krystal
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Duck Hunt Dog
Dillon the Armadillo
Palutena (or anyone else from the Kid Icarus department)
Shadow the Hedgehog (or anyone else from the Sonic department)

actually alot of the suggestions i see on here are pretty awful imo

i actually don't mind clones if there aren't alot
i enjoyed subspace emissary, thought it was pretty creative
Brawl > Melee but Melee is still ok
Sakurai does his best so certain people could be alot more appreciative that he's making a fourth installment at all
someone needs to give jigglypuff the pink slip already
R.O.B. can just follow her out the door too
if wavedashing, l-canceling, etc. were to return, i'd be ok with it
i support Wii Fit Trainer
alot of folks need to take SSB4 for what it is; if you don't like what you're seeing with the game then you don't have to play it
as for characters i'd like to see (but most likely won't make it)

Lloyd Irving
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Raichu
Lyn (from Fire Emblem)

and maybe a few others

that's about it

volbound1700

Smash Master
One more unpopular opinion not really about Smash 4, Brawl is more balanced the Melee. Also balancing includes 4 player games with items (Metaknight is not near as tough in these matches) and we are confining tiers to only one portion of the game. If you open it to other portions, some characters are better. (For example Lucas is pretty tough in 4 player games with items because he has a nack for getting Smash Ball in one hit and a good Lucas player could take advantage of that).

Ryuma

Smash Rookie
okay, so here's mine :

- I think we don't need a 2nd Kid Icarus rep
- Fire Emblem Awakening should not get a rep, but Roy should return
- The Miis are the worst characters that could be included
- The Mother series should stay like it is
- Toon Link ( as a clone ) is a horrible character
- Dixie would be boring, King K. Rool is a much better choice
- Pac-Man should not be included
- Snake suits better in smash than Sonic
- Sonic is one of the worst gaming-characters
- I don't care about Shulk
- I'm glad Starfy is not playable
- Zelda should have had her SS design
- I wouldn't mind Tingle
- Krystal should only be included if she replaces
- R.O.B is a great character
- Jiggs should NOT come back

I made so many people mad :DD

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
While I'd like to be amused at all the mad about Sonic coming back, 90% of "SANIC IS THE WORST" is fanbase spite. The other 10% at least could have been helped if Sakurai gave him better moves.

Ryuma

Smash Rookie
While I'd like to be amused at all the mad about Sonic coming back, 90% of "SANIC IS THE WORST" is fanbase spite. The other 10% at least could have been helped if Sakurai gave him better moves.
I dislike Sonic, because I feel like he was made just to compete with Mario. His whole thing of being the fastest never appealed to me and his games never had an impact on me.
But you're right, there are many people out there who just hate on Sonic without having a legitimate reason.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
- Smash 4 won't stop the SWF community from complaining about stuff

- Smash 4 won't be fully balanced, and I'm okay with this

- Sakurai's trolling with Daily Pics is hilarious

- Could have cared less if tripping had returned

- Don't really care if Metroid/DK get another rep

- Thanks to hanging out on SWF, there are now several characters that I previously wanted but don't anymore

- Cutting characters is a step backwards

- Little Mac is the most deserving character not yet playable

- Every retro newcomer bar Takamaru is better fit as an Assist Trophy

- WFT, Villager, and Rosalina aren't all that shocking of additions if you think about it

- Liberal Rosters aren't liberal if they feature unrealistic characters, those are Dream Rosters

- No one will ever be fully right when speculating, but it's no excuse to start acting dumb

- Drinking tears makes you no better than the fan boys/girls who are crying

- Having more 3rd party characters from the same company/series is just awful

- Clones can be decent additions/aren't a complete waste of space

- New Pork City should return as a past stage

- Subspace Emissary was an improvement over Adventure Mode, and losing it is a step backwards (except for cutting down development time)

- Sakurai isn't perfect, but he knows how to handle the series better than anyone else

- The 3DS version is going to sell and be played more than the Wii U version

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Welp here we go.

1. I don't see a problem with more Space Animals. Actually if there where 4 Star Fox Reps I think that would be cool just because of Fox and Falco's playstyle. I also feel that wolf was a excellent addition to brawl. However I know this will not happen and thats ok. I... actually think it would be cool if the Second SF rep was James McCloud because I dunno I think that would be... hype. But I also get that is also a waste of a character slot. I WANT IT ANYWAY.

2. The 3DS levels look like they are going to suck.

3. Smash NEEDS Marina from Michief Makers.

4. I hate to admit it, because I sound stupid but... but Silver and Mephiles aside more sonic characters would be cool in regards of what they could add to the game gameplay wise. Sonic/Shadow would make a great Fox/Falco.

5. I really like Jigglypoof. I really want her to stay.

6. The Villager looks really low tier. Hopefully his tree attack gets buffed.

7. I think Sakurai is really salty player at his own game.

8. Smash 4 needs location tests, from what I hear they are currently using there own win data to allocate the gameplay changes. And because I think Sakurai is a salty player this may not bode well but I am most likely wrong...

9. When I saw the FLUDD return I laughed so hard, I think Sakurai may actually hate mario!

10. No ganondorf or Girahim please. Leave that character up to the Project M team or Study the Melee incarnation. I don't think he would bode well in this game.

12. Also when the game comes out there are going to be enough megaman players to fill up a large European country.

13. No pokemon trainer please the fact that you had to switch between 3 different characters in a set transformation sequence was a horrible idea.

14. I actually get the feeling that Shiek will not be joining us this time around in regards to zelda. I think they gave her a projectile absorbing minion instead. This is speculation but something in my bones man,... My condolences but actually I really liked Zelda in brawl so I am more then ok with that.

15. dont care about ridley, mac, or shulk.

16. RAINBOW SHOULD BE ITS OWN LEVEL.

17. The fact Capt. Falcon hasn't been announced yet bothers me.

18. I would love DLC for smash. Not immediately but a year after its release put out a character pack or something for Christmas oh man that would sweet.

19. M2K'S GOING TO MAIN ROSALINA AND MARTH CALLING IT NOW.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wow over 350 replies and not a single flame war has taken place.

Needless to say I'm pleasantly surprised.
Well you did say.
NO CRITICIZING OTHER POSTER'S OPINIONS. If people here aren't mature enough to follow this simple rule then I will request for this thread to be locked. If you don't agree with something (which you likely won't), either ignore it or leave the thread. See how easy that is?
So I'm not that surprised.... Either that or they just read the bold outline....

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Someone yesterday suggested a Skylanders style approach to DLC. Buy the figures, gain a character;
Whilst most likely impossible, I admit Smash Bros. is about the only time I'd allow myself to be suckered into a collectable trophy game like Skylanders or Disney Infinite.

I feel dirty admitting I don't mind that sort of idea for Smash.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
As for F-Zero, I love the series. Unfortunately, I don't believe it is a popular franchise here in the US. I would love for there to be a new one. The last game we got was F-Zero GX which was in 2003. Another one came out I think in 2006 called F-Zero Climax. It was based off of the F-Zero anime, and it was only released in Japan and I think some other Asian countries. You can easily emulate it on your computer and play it from there. Still, though. Falcon will probably just be the only F-Zero character in Smash aside from F-Zero assist trophies like Goroh, simply because the series isn't that popular here. The last time I bothered looking into the series, Nintendo was saying that they had no plans making a new F-Zero game unless they could come up with some fresh ideas for the game. So it might take another 10 years before a new F-Zero comes out. And don't worry about the rambling. I like having a conversation.
I've never played F-Zero personally, so all I really know about it is what I know from Smash and what others have talked about it online in regards to Smash. I don't know, a lot of times when I see people adding Black Shadow to the roster is so he can inherit Ganondorf's moveset so he can be made unique...seems like it's more for Ganon's benefit than F-Zero as a whole. Not putting words in your mouth or anything, just something I've noticed in general lol. And I'm glad you don't mind my rambling lol, conversation is good. It's when people get personal or juvenile about it is what I loathe.

Here are some more things to add to my pile:

13. I saw someone talking about gimmicky stages, and decided to throw in my two cents on the subject. In general, I appreciate having a different variety of stages and gimmicks in the game, because it's good to have the variety. In Smash, the stages tend to add just as much to the experience as the characters themselves do. One of my biggest pet peeves about Project M is what they did to some of the stages. Quite a few of them were changed to a generic stage of platforms that are able to fly for some reason, and they're all just pasted in front of different wallpapers (Rumble Falls, Norfair). It's purposely stripping that stage of its charm and that's troublesome for me. I'm going to revert both of those stages back to their original Brawl forms whenever I take the opportunity.

14. All that being said, it's not so much as I find platform stages dull as much as I want a variety of choice. There should be some simple stages such as Final Destination or Yoshi's Island, as much as there should be more complex/gimmicky stages to add to the choice of variety. And you know, sometimes the gimmick works, and sometimes it doesn't. It's a case by case scenario for me. Do you all get what I'm saying, lol? I'm having trouble deciding how I want to word all this. Basically, I want a variety of different stages in Smash, because I like having different options. When you have about 35 different options in characters, why shouldn't we have multiple options of stages? It's the beauty of Smash in a way. All these different franchises really aren't all exactly similar to each other, so in a way of course that should be reflected in their stages.

15. The one stage that needs to get in Smash 4 before any other is considered, by the way? Bowser's Castle. I can't believe that it's missed the cut into Smash for three games now.

16. I don't mind having unlockable characters, but the actual characters that need to be unlocked need to be shaken up. Brawl did things backwards by giving us most of the newcomers from the start and forced us to work for the ones that we've already worked for in the past. It's like unwrapping a Christmas present, only to find out you already got it for Christmas not only the year before, but the year before that as well. Characters such as Marth or Captain Falcon have no business remaining secret characters.

10: Sakurai knows what he's doing.
It's kinda funny to me that this has to be posted in an unpopular opinion thread. Of course he knows what he's doing, this is the fourth time he's done it isn't it? At times I'm kinda appalled by the way the community seems to disrespect Sakurai and act like they know more about making the game than the man who actually does make the game. It's really just the lack of respect of the man who's given us the series in the first place. I'm not saying everyone has to like everything he does or worship the ground he walks on, but there's no reason to disrespect him in any way.

- I think we don't need a 2nd Kid Icarus rep
Agreed with this as well, Palutena doesn't interest me personally.

I dislike Sonic, because I feel like he was made just to compete with Mario. His whole thing of being the fastest never appealed to me and his games never had an impact on me.
But you're right, there are many people out there who just hate on Sonic without having a legitimate reason.
I guess it's good that you feel that way, since he was made to compete with Mario. And compete he did, Sonic put Sega on the map and made them a huge contender in the console wars back in the day. He's an important part of video game history, and that reason alone is what makes Sonic so deserving to be in Smash if you ask me. He may not have a "history" of being on Nintendo consoles (which he actually has more than a decade of history being on Nintendo consoles, but from what I've seen history is defined by most of the Smash community as anything pre-2000 or so) but he's still an integral part of Nintendo's history in the 90s, because he gave Nintendo some of the biggest competition they've ever had. I thought it was hilarious how people seemed to think he wouldn't make it into Smash 4, as if. Glad he's been confirmed so we don't have to read that drivel anymore.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
1. Luigi doesn't need his moveset changed.
2. I don't care if you call your roster "realistic", it's still subjective any way you look.
3. I like the idea of making your own character.
4. I'd main Pokemon Trainer if it wasn't for those "gimmicks".
5. Don't care about Ridley, though I do want Little Mac.
Edit: Thought of a couple more.

6. PSABR is not a ripoff of Smash Brothers, they're both from the platform fighter genre.
7. Brawl was a flawed, but fun game

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
1) Subspace Emissary was fun. I understand the complaints about it, and I would rather see time focused on creating new characters instead, but it was enjoyable to me.

2) Brawl Sonic is acceptable. People act like he's an insult or something... I could do without the similarities between two of his specials, and his attacks do lag a bit, but he brings exactly what I thought he would: pure running SPEED.

3) Pac-Man in Smash would be awesome. I don't really have legitimate reasons outside of nostalgia and a liking for the character, but that's how I feel.

4) There will be cuts. Sakurai goes out of his way to warn us that not all characters will return, and yet people want and expect no cuts? Lolwut? I'm not expecting many, though, but 1-4 is a highly probable in my eyes.

5) 45 Character Roster. No more. Not much less. Too few characters, and there will be rage. Too many, and the game won't be completed on time. I see the roster having 40-45 characters.

6) I want a "revolving" roster. Not every character has to be in every game, you know? It's perfectly acceptable to have, say, 25 who are always there, 5 who have been in some previous installments but who are not every-game material, and 10 newcomers each game. That would be pretty much ideal for me. Of course, this would be better if we didn't wait five years between games.

Ensorcellator

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ensorcellator
4) There will be cuts. Sakurai goes out of his way to warn us that not all characters will return, and yet people want and expect no cuts? Lolwut? I'm not expecting many, though, but 1-4 is a highly probable in my eyes.

5) 45 Character Roster. No more. Not much less. Too few characters, and there will be rage. Too many, and the game won't be completed on time. I see the roster having 40-45 characters.
This. I've heard people saying, "oh, yeah, this game will have around 60 playable characters and everyone from Brawl will return" - how? I thought Sakurai clearly said not everyone will return.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing ROB and Lucas go (though I wouldn't another not-cloned Mother rep) and I think Lucario should be replaced by Mewtwo with a Mega Forme-FS. I'm hoping for Jiggles to return, as she's one of my favorite pokemans, but I fear she'll get cut by the merciless Sakurai :<

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well you did say.

So I'm not that surprised.... Either that or they just read the bold outline....
In the back of my mind I was always assuming there was gonna be that one guy who skipped over the OP and started raging at everyone. *knock on wood*

More opinions:

- I'm a strong supporter of the original 12 being in every Smash game regardless of how "irrelevant" they may be. Every major fighting game series has the staple characters that have been present since the beginning, and I see the original 12 as those characters for the Smash series. This mostly applies to Jiggs since a lot of peeps seem to want her gone, and I don't understand why considering her playstyle is entirely unique and couldn't be replicated by any other Nintendo character. Smash just wouldn't feel like Smash without the pink balloon and her rest shenanigans. I'd be extremely saddened to see her go.

- I've never understood the Geno hype despite the fact that I have (briefly) played Super Mario RPG. In fact I'd go as far as saying SMRPG is overrated in general.

- As much as I'd love to see Paper Mario I don't think he'll make the roster simply because his gimmick (being a 2D fighter) is already taken by G&W.

- Only way I would support Chrom or Lucina making it into smash is if they utilized FE:Awakening's Pair Up system and fought as a pair somehow. On paper this sounds like a great idea but in practice this would probably be extremely complex to implement in the game.

- I'm completely fine with Roy not returning... To be more specific every character who was cut from Melee needs to stay gone, except for Mewtwo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Part 2 because I thought of some more:

- I wouldn't mind if Sheik was cut.

- Lucina (despite probably having an original moveset) would seem redundant since she's aesthetically similar to Marth, who has been confirmed. I'd be fine for her as an alternate costume for Marth (Yknow since Male Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed).

- Sakurai brought Kid Icarus back, so it should definitely get another rep *cough*Palutenaandnooneelse*cough*.

- I support the Bandana Dee.

- I support how Nintendo is treating Rosalina better than Daisy.

- Little Mac should stay an Assist Trophy. A character purely based on punching has nothing special to bring to Smash (Unless Sakurai makes a truly unique moveset like Megaman, Villager, and Rosalina).

- Seriously, I don't want Pac Man anywhere near Smash 4.

- While I'm disappointed a Subspace-like story wont be returning, but I won't miss it gameplay wise. It was like playing a Kirby game with Smash Bros physics. It just doesn't work...

- Don't make a Roster Wishlist video if it's only gonna include Ghirahim, Krystal, K Rool, Ridley, Bowser Jr. and so on. Everyone has done that!

- Wiimote and Nunchuck are just as fine as using the Gamecube controller if you just learn to use it.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
6) I want a "revolving" roster. Not every character has to be in every game, you know? It's perfectly acceptable to have, say, 25 who are always there, 5 who have been in some previous installments but who are not every-game material, and 10 newcomers each game. That would be pretty much ideal for me. Of course, this would be better if we didn't wait five years between games.
Now here's an interesting idea. Sounds perfect for Pokemon (and maybe FE) in particular. I know we're not supposed to comment on others opinions but this is one I'd genuinely be down with too.

Of course the fear your main would be cut would always be there...lurking at the back of your mind unless you main Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Samus or DK anyway. I imagine they'd all be in said 25. *Crosses theoretical fingers Yoshi would also make it into that 25*

Uffe

Smash Hero
Weedy Spyze said:
13. I saw someone talking about gimmicky stages, and decided to throw in my two cents on the subject. In general, I appreciate having a different variety of stages and gimmicks in the game, because it's good to have the variety. In Smash, the stages tend to add just as much to the experience as the characters themselves do. One of my biggest pet peeves about Project M is what they did to some of the stages. Quite a few of them were changed to a generic stage of platforms that are able to fly for some reason, and they're all just pasted in front of different wallpapers (Rumble Falls, Norfair). It's purposely stripping that stage of its charm and that's troublesome for me. I'm going to revert both of those stages back to their original Brawl forms whenever I take the opportunity.

14. All that being said, it's not so much as I find platform stages dull as much as I want a variety of choice. There should be some simple stages such as Final Destination or Yoshi's Island, as much as there should be more complex/gimmicky stages to add to the choice of variety. And you know, sometimes the gimmick works, and sometimes it doesn't. It's a case by case scenario for me. Do you all get what I'm saying, lol? I'm having trouble deciding how I want to word all this. Basically, I want a variety of different stages in Smash, because I like having different options. When you have about 35 different options in characters, why shouldn't we have multiple options of stages? It's the beauty of Smash in a way. All these different franchises really aren't all exactly similar to each other, so in a way of course that should be reflected in their stages.

15. The one stage that needs to get in Smash 4 before any other is considered, by the way? Bowser's Castle. I can't believe that it's missed the cut into Smash for three games now.

16. I don't mind having unlockable characters, but the actual characters that need to be unlocked need to be shaken up. Brawl did things backwards by giving us most of the newcomers from the start and forced us to work for the ones that we've already worked for in the past. It's like unwrapping a Christmas present, only to find out you already got it for Christmas not only the year before, but the year before that as well. Characters such as Marth or Captain Falcon have no business remaining secret characters.
I totally get what you're saying. Aside from just the new characters in Smash, the other things I look forward to are the new stages and seeing what they're like, as well as the newer items and music. I think a stage such as Norfair is interesting. I even believe there was a time when that stage wasn't banned in tournaments. I haven't really been paying much attention to these things lately, so I'm not sure what stages are acceptable and what's not. I don't care for stages like Rumble Falls, though I enjoyed the appearance behind it and the music. I also agree with your opinion on Bower's Castle. I would actually love to see that. Personally, I think turning hazards on or off would be a nice option. And the original secret characters from 64 should be veterans and not secrets as you've stated. I agree with that. I'm pretty sure every character from Brawl is going to return to Smash 4. Maybe not Snake, but everybody else.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I would be fine with them cutting Adult Link & Toon Link becoming the defacto Link.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Let's get started!

1. I hate the plan to make a 3DS version

2. I like the graphics, but I still prefer a more realistic one

3. Seeing Ridley re-sized will be a little strange, but I won't be mad.

4. I prefer Dark Samus as a third Metroid rep, or second Metroid slot. It's because I love the Prime series

5. Just don't want Little Mac.

6. I will cut Falco AND Wolf for Krystal

7. Don't want Krom, I think people just want him because of the "he is the main character in the series now!"

8. Also, never liked Ike. I HATE him! Where is my Roy?

9. I just want Jigglypuff to return! She is amazing! Not because she is a veteran and one of the 12 originals of SSB, but at the time she was a recurring character in the anime

10. I think pokémon reps are chosen on animes/movies (see Jigglypuff, Pichu and Lucario)

11. Don't like Pkmn Trainer! I prefer Charizard to stay as a pokéball pokémon

12. I wish that some SSB pokéball pokémons returns, specially Beedrill, Onix, Hitmonlee and STARMIE instead of Staryu

13. NO F****NG DLC!!! I DON'T WANT TO BUY A SSB COMPLETE EDITION LATER!

14. Wii Fit Trainer is the most interesting addition so far now

15. I like Megaman, but it looks too cute.

16. Peach's artwork is totally different as her in-game model! It looks like a Brawl model with different dress in-game!

17. Samus has the best design so far! Her feminine pose in the artwork is the best one! It finally shows she is a "female", because people that don't know her still think she is a robot.

18. I think Ridley won't be playable.

19. I hope for a Mewtwo comeback but with diferent moves, not the same as Melee, he sucks in Melee

20. I want Dixie and K.Roll to be added as DK reps.

21. Pit have a more serious face, instead of the stupid happy one

22. I always believed that Rosalina would have more chances than Toad or Bowser Jr. I was hoping for her, but I'm was not optimist, also she is a VERY relevant character for Mario series now!

23. Waluigi will not be in. He does not deserve to be in. Even Daisy deserves more than him. He is just a fan favorite, but being fan favorite is not sufficient argument to be in.

24. Yoshi must gain a new rep. The only ones that have chances are Kamek, Babys, Shy Guy, Bandit and even The Stork ( a shocking addition like Wii Fit Trainer)

25. I think we will not have alternate costumes! Only Wii Fit Trainer and Villager being the special cases! "Wii Fit Trainer" or "Villager" could be male or female on their games, People asking Lucina as a Marth alt costume are ******** dreaming too much.

26. I think Olimar will use less pikmins this time because of stupids 3DS limitations. F*** the 3DS version

27. If Funky Kong or Cranky enters before Dixie or K.Roll, I will cut my fingers. But I will be fine if Sakurai surprise us with Lanky, Kiddy, Chunky, Tiny, etc.

28. I think characters needs to be harder to unlock. In one week everyone is able to open the entire roster.

29. I will be fine if stickers return.

30. I think Meele's trophies was better than Brawl's chosen ones

31. I hate Ganondorf's moveset

32. I don't like Captain Falcon. He is just famous after appearing in SBB. If he never showed up, he will not a be a character with big requests.

33. I want to be surprised with characters! Don't want too much "most requested" characters to be added. The roster will become obvious.

34. I want a 45 slot roster. It's possible, but if Sakurai says: "due to certain 3DS limitations..." I will HATE him forever, I will hate IWATA forever for asking a Smash Bros. for both platforms.

35. I wish that stars KO should be more like SSB ones. In Melee and Brawl makes looks like the characters aren't being knocked faraway enough

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
A Boshi skin for Yoshi would be great.
A Black Yoshi and a White Yoshi would also be great.
An actual Shadow Kirby skin would be great, too.
Samus should have multiple jumps since her Space Jump from the previous Metroid games allowed her to fly.

Now that I think about it, I don't really think these are unpopular opinions.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Get rid of Jigglypuff
Scrap Falco, keep Wolf
Toad got what he deserved
Miis are a terrible idea
Pac-Man should be a stage (definitely not a character)
Get rid of Ness or Lucas, add Porky

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Unpopular opinion: So many of you are going to be so disappointed. Specifically this thread.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, he said that not all previous Smash characters (he never specified Brawl characters) will return, which also includes Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu and Young Link along with the Brawl characters.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Thanks for the direct link. I get annoyed when people paraphrase Sakurai's words to mean whatever they want it to mean. I guess that's another good unpopular opinion.
I'm not sure if that's unpopular, though. I certainly agree with it...

I hope that if Pac-Man gets in, he keeps his modern design. I watched an episode of Ghostly Adventures and I think his newer design is very expressive and would match the artstyle of Smash 4 much better.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if that's unpopular, though. I certainly agree with it...

I hope that if Pac-Man gets in, he keeps his modern design. I watched an episode of Ghostly Adventures and I think his newer design is very expressive and would match the artstyle of Smash 4 much better.
Well, unpopular opinion threads aren't always completely unpopular. :p I've seen people doing that enough, I mean you can even make a game out of it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Pacman being in the game. I'm not exactly supporting him, but I wouldn't be mad or anything if he does make it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Kid Icarus is completely undeserving of a second rep, and even if it was, Palutena is the worse possible choice for a new addition, she's not remotely fighter.

Little Mac is a bland character and I would be disappointed by his inclusion

Takamaru, Lloyd Irving, Shulk, and Chrom may as well be all the exact same character and none of them deserve a slot

I feel like we could use another 2 or 3 pokemon

I wouldn't mind Starfox getting a 4'th character.

Dixie Kong would be a boring, terrible addition.

Tingle would be an amazing character.

Rosalina was the best character the could have added from the Mario franchise

There should be absolutely no roster cuts from Brawl.

Ridley is way too damn big. I think Dark Samus would be a great addition.

Ascended

Smash Ace
1) I think that each of the original 10 franchises (Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, F-Zero, and Mother.) should have at least two characters, even if I don't support each of them getting a newcomer.

2) Relevancy isn't a factor in deciding characters. Popularity and Sakurai's criteria are the deciding factors.

3) I think that the major franchises should have the most characters. (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong.)

4) Fire Emblem should have more than two playable characters. Maybe even four.

5) While I am excited for the newcomers, I would like to see more actual characters and heavy hitters. (Little Mac, Ridley, Krystal, Dixie, K. Rool, Chrom, etc.)

6) Mii should totally be playable.

7) New franchises/IPs deserve just as much representation as long-running/retro franchises.

8) There should be AT LEAST five third-party characters. One for SEGA, Capcom, Square-Enix, Konami, and Namco.

9) Going with the above, Pac-Man and Cloud Strife need to be in this game.

10) The Smash fanbase complains too much. >_>

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Welp...let's get started:

- Sakurai is oblivious when it comes to making Ganondorf accurate.
- Kremlings are dead. DEAL.WITH.IT.
- Ridley fans stay strong, your most supported character is a stage hazard.
- Sakurai messed up the representation of Star Fox reps we have so far.
- The Original 4 > Wolf > Pigma >>>>>>> Krystal's Staff > Kursed & Dinosaurs > Krystal & Dinosaurs > Krystal
- Waluigi will be unlockable in Smash 4.
- Master Hand should be sized down and made a playable character

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Replace Jiggly with Wiggly.

ROB is a clever idea for a character who deserves to return and is better than most of the frequently requested characters for Smash 4.

The guy from Red Steel 2 would kick ass.

Wii Fit Trainer is still forever a stupid inclusion and would have been better off just as an assist trophy. Its like putting a Nintendog as a character really.
Yea, I compared Wii Fit Trainer to a Dog.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Impa > Sheik

Mii isn't so bad, if they gave them 3 movesets based on size it would be dandy.

Paper Mario wouldn't be a wasted slot. He's unique af

No Pac-Man

Ganondorf should look like my dp

I'd take unique characters over more wanted characters. So bye Jiggs, keep R.O.B. and change up Toon

Lucas is my main and he deserves to stay

I am happy about no SSE. I'm hoping we have 100 Event Matches, more game modes, different trophy games, Mini-games and an Adventure mode with diverging pathes.

I want Ridley, but in my heart I feel that it won't happen. I'm always on the fence hopping from both sides on the subject and want some closure
...sounds like im talking about love.... ew
>to real life we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom